War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

ss/sc vs Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
he got you there Sarvoth. . . sorry your name is stupid and so are you!
He really didn't. A lot of you aren't on the bright side of things.

Referencing quarter mile and roll are two different things and a high 13.9X isn't shitting all over a stock 3v in the quarter that is well driven.

I think that the Cobalt (GM rather) buttgang is failing pretty hard in this thread.

I should buy a stock K20 Si and start talking mad **** about how I wipe my ass with stock SS/SCs and see all the BS calls that get thrown.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by cakeeater
my debate is with YOUR comments, not whether or not the OP can win. He probably would win from a roll and it would be close from a dig. You talking about slaughtering stock gt's and what not and talking about how "slow" they are trapping a supposed 98mph is where the joke is. Your current personal best is NOTHING for a 3v whether you want to admit it or not. running low 14's in a 3v is HORRIBLE. Realistically, with a good driver an s197 gt is a mid 13 second car, end of story, unless you are at major elevation. A stage 2 car should never walk away from a 3v with ease from any roll. They will perform similarly from a roll even though you seem to think stage 2 is some magic fairy dust that makes cobalts run 12's and trap in the teens.

There you go ranting away about your big beefy v8 quarter mile times.

Why don't you take a poll and see WHO has ever seen a STOCK 05-06 GT run a MID 13 second run. Go ahead.. I'd like to see the results of that.

I never said stage 2 cobalts pull buslengths on GTs.. But I DID say they pull them by a considerable amount. Which is true. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sarvoth
He really didn't. A lot of you aren't on the bright side of things.

Referencing quarter mile and roll are two different things and a high 13.9X isn't shitting all over a stock 3v in the quarter that is well driven.

I think that the Cobalt (GM rather) buttgang is failing pretty hard in this thread.

I should buy a stock K20 Si and start talking mad **** about how I wipe my ass with stock SS/SCs and see all the BS calls that get thrown.
you musta not read my post right before yours here.

gem of a post you got but check mine again. i agreed that he isnt whipping his ass with them only maybe edging them out at most. from a roll maybe a car or two.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:29 PM

hey man as much as i agree, i have to disagree, i went on Mustangs and fast fords and read some of the posts for 1/4 mile times and i only saw 1 or 2 under 14.00 and about 99% of them were 99 and 98 mph traps. . . thats the average driver.

now driven well sure they can hit a 13.5 but we use the average driver as a comparision not the great driver who has raced cars for his whole life.

i mean if we were talking about an LT1 i'd say a 14.00 is the average time they run, yet i know several who have run under 13.5 stock with a immaculate driver. but thats not the average. gotta be fair here. Kid you are talking to is obviously an average driver if he is running a 13.9, so put an average driver in that mustang GT and you are looking at a 14.00 so he does beat them, but like i said i agree with you that he is not roasting or toasting them or whatever the **** he said.

everyone exaggeratles a little bit to make themselves look a little better.

http://forums.musclemustangfastfords...-gt/index.html

where on there did you see this? I see almost all 13's in there with multiple 13.6's and below....

near the end of the thread they start talking modded cars, but 4/5 of the guys that posted stock times were running mid-high 13's.

I hate to bring magazines into this, but even the major mags have run mid-high 13's in the car and most of them get SHITTY times.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by ChriSS/SC

Why don't you take a poll and see WHO has ever seen a STOCK 05-06 GT run a MID 13 second run. Go ahead.. I'd like to see the results of that.

I never said stage 2 cobalts pull buslengths on GTs.. But I DID say they pull them by a considerable amount. Which is true. Sorry to burst your bubble.
A ******* GM Stage 2 ONLY car does not ******* pull on a stock FIVE SPEED THREEEE VALVVEEEE MUSSSTAAANNNGG GT.

Stop repeating your bull ****. It DOES NOT DO IT. Period. I have fortunately had the opportunity to race several other GM STAGE 2 ONLY cars and I have pulled on every one of them from half a car to a length or more. With my trunk emptied and a quarter tank of gas as opposed to their full tank, spare tire and the like, and no passenger. I am DEAD heat with a 5spd 3v through ALL RANGES except FIFTH GEAR, EVERY TIME unless a passenger is involved.

Stage 2+ PULLS ON a stock 3v from a ROLL.
From a dig it is still at a disadvantage and likely to lose in the quarter mile with equal drivers.

Edit: In reply to PNYKLR-TA, I have no doubt that a Stage2+ Cobalt pulls on a stock 3v from a roll. It does. That's not what I'm contesting. I'm contesting his repeated implications that a Stage 2 only car pulls on a stock 3v from a roll. It doesn't. Not a 5spd. There is a big difference between a Stage 2 and a Stage 2 with full bolt ons and if you throw in a tune it's another ball game entirely.

If he is meaning to imply that a bolted Stage 2 car can pull a 3v then he needs to be more specific because most Cobalt owners are young and a little enthusiastic about spreading BS information; hence the bad reputation of Cobalt owners.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:33 PM

A ******* GM Stage 2 ONLY car does not ******* pull on a stock FIVE SPEED THREEEE VALVVEEEE MUSSSTAAANNNGG GT.

Stop repeating your bull ****. It DOES NOT DO IT. Period. I have fortunately had the opportunity to race several other GM STAGE 2 ONLY cars and I have pulled on every one of them from half a car to a length or more. With my trunk emptied and a quarter tank of gas as opposed to their full tank, spare tire and the like, and no passenger. I am DEAD heat with a 5spd 3v through ALL RANGES except FIFTH GEAR, EVERY TIME unless a passenger is involved.

From a dig it is still at a disadvantage and likely to lose in the quarter mile with equal drivers.
Sorry but I think you just suck at driving. And those cobalts you raced suck worse.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:38 PM

If all s197 gt's were capable of (which go from 05-09 not just 06 fyi) were low 14's, we would see stock ss's keeping up which WILL NOT HAPPEN.

Here, if I have your permission I will make a thread in OT specifically for you. No flaming or anything, just about the gt's. Watch.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:39 PM

Edit: In reply to PNYKLR-TA, I have no doubt that a Stage2+ Cobalt pulls on a stock 3v from a roll. It does. That's not what I'm contesting. I'm contesting his repeated implications that a Stage 2 only car pulls on a stock 3v from a roll. It doesn't. Not a 5spd. There is a big difference between a Stage 2 and a Stage 2 with full bolt ons and if you throw in a tune it's another ball game entirely.

If he is meaning to imply that a bolted Stage 2 car can pull a 3v then he needs to be more specific because most Cobalt owners are young and a little enthusiastic about spreading BS information; hence the bad reputation of Cobalt owners.

so how'd you beat a bolt-on new edge GT? that car should be more powerful than a brand new stock GT. . . and what mods do you have? just kinda curious after all this talking you are doing to him when it appears your car is stock but you beat bolt-on cars that should beat the car you are saying you are even with

also its plural like you've beat multiple ones. . . so is your car just a factory freak then? all you've got is GM stage 2. . . and you are beating bolt-on New edge stangs that i've seen run low thirteens and trap as high as 105!?

something isnt adding up here. . .
Old 04-02-2009, 08:42 PM

so how'd you beat a bolt-on new edge GT? that car should be more powerful than a brand new stock GT. . . and what mods do you have? just kinda curious after all this talking you are doing to him when it appears your car is stock but you beat bolt-on cars that should beat the car you are saying you are even with
LMAO. Poor baby got caught... You should've erased your sig before feeding us your bullshit
Old 04-02-2009, 08:44 PM

Sorry but I think you just suck at driving. And those cobalts you raced suck worse.
Wait... wait....

Because roll races take a lot of skill....

It's more likely every 3v you raced from a dig sucked at driving. Your current best posted time isn't ahead of an equally driven 3v in the quarter.

I appreciate the insults when you know nothing about me. Funny I don't have to respond in kind and yet still manage to make sense and be based in reality.

also its plural like you've beat multiple ones. . . so is your car just a factory freak then? all you've got is GM stage 2. . . and you are beating bolt-on New edge stangs that i've seen run low thirteens and trap as high as 105-106!?

something isnt adding up here. . .
New Edge bro.... Not S197.

The 2v Mustangs.

Last edited by Sarvoth; 04-02-2009 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-02-2009, 08:44 PM

let the other thread run it's course, don't comment on it.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:45 PM

Wait... wait....

It's more likely every 3v you raced from a dig sucked at driving. Your current best posted time isn't ahead of an equally driven 3v in the quarter.
I appreciate the insults when you know nothing about me. Funny I don't have to respond in kind and yet still manage to make sense and be based in reality.
I beg to differ.

I like how you're arguing that Stage 2 cobalts can't beat Mustang GTs but you have Mustang GTs in your kill list and you own a stage 2 cobalt.

Dude, You are fail
Old 04-02-2009, 08:47 PM

I beg to differ.

I like how you're arguing that Stage 2 cobalts can't beat Mustang GTs but you have Mustang GTs in your kill list and you own a stage 2 cobalt.

Dude, You are fail
Holy f*cking sh*t. You fail once more at reading comprehension.

NEW EDGE= TWO VALVE.

Totally different animal.

Seriously.. Go, just go.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:48 PM

Wait... wait....

New Edge bro.... Not SN197.

The 2v Mustangs.

i know what "new egde" means 'bro' so go do some searching i just found 2 or 3 bolt-on NEW EDGE mustangs yes the 2v's running 12.99's @ 103.5 . . . which is much much faster than the 3v's we are talking about stock. . . so how did you beat these guys???????
Old 04-02-2009, 08:50 PM

i know what "new egde" means 'bro' so go do some searching i just found 2 or 3 bolt-on NEW EDGE mustangs yes the 2v's running 12.99's @ 103.5 . . . which is much much faster than the 3v's we are talking about stock. . . so how did you beat these guys???????

Those cars would have to be geared then. I've never raced a geared 2v but I've seen them run.

Bolt on and geared 2v is >>> Stage 2 Cobalt.

Also as I've previously stated... long flat highways. 2v is lacking up top, I have no problem admitting a geared 2v would beat me. For sure.

My sig doesn't say the ones I beat were geared. :-)
Old 04-02-2009, 08:50 PM

I remember Car and Driver or Road and Track, one of those magazines ran a 13.7. On the other side, I'm sure that a 13.9 is not the best a GM stage 2 Cobalt can do either. Ah who cares? It's a drivers race, from a roll.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:51 PM

Kills: 2008 SS/TC, Auto 2006 Mustang GT, SRT-4, LT1 Camaro, Dodge Charger R/T, Bolton Newedge Mustang GTs, Acura RSX-S, various Eclipses, various Civics, Scion TC, few Beamers, 2.4 Cobalt, and various trucks.

Dude. You just keep on failing. lmao.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:53 PM

Kills: 2008 SS/TC, Auto 2006 Mustang GT, SRT-4, LT1 Camaro, Dodge Charger R/T, Bolton Newedge Mustang GTs, Acura RSX-S, various Eclipses, various Civics, Scion TC, few Beamers, 2.4 Cobalt, and various trucks.

Dude. You just keep on failing. lmao.

Do you really suck at ******* reading that badly?

Every time I've said it's a dead heat I referenced a 5 speed specifically. Re-read the entire thread or shut up.

Autos don't fair as well on some rolls.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:58 PM

Lmao. Just shutup already you are full of fail. Haha you made me laugh out loud when you completely contradicted yourself

I'm lovin' this thread.

Quick question: Can I call you fail from now on?
Old 04-02-2009, 09:04 PM

Lmao. Just shutup already you are full of fail. Haha you made me laugh out loud when you completely contradicted yourself

I'm lovin' this thread.

Quick question: Can I call you fail from now on?

You are one of the stupidest ******* people I've ever had the displeasure of disagreeing with online.

FIVE SPEED MUSTANG GT 3v>> AUTO MUSTANG GT 3v ever so slightly, especially from certain rolls.

3v>>>2v

Geared 2v>>>2v

Geared 2v>>>GM Stage 2 LSJ

GM Stage 2 LSJ>2v

Clear enough? Now that the pieces are all put together for you? I don't want you to have to actually try to comprehend anything or stay on track.

Sure, and I'll refer to you as moron. I'm seriously going to try my best to stop responding to your posts. You are an idiot.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:12 PM

Haha. Alright buddy whatever lets you sleep at night. Don't write back. All you need to know is that you basically owned yourself in this thread. Arguing for something that you completely contradicted yourself with prior to this thread. Auto or 5 speed>>> It is still a Mustang GT. You keep coming up with different little details that nobody cares about. Nobody said we were just talking about auto or 5-speed. Nobody said we're talking about ONLY stage 2 cobalts (without any other mods). You just came up with your own rules and regulations for this thread to try to convince people that you are right. LoL. You're only right in your own little world of denial. You're a joke.

Talk to you later Mr. Fail.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:30 PM

Haha. Alright buddy whatever lets you sleep at night. Don't write back. All you need to know is that you basically owned yourself in this thread. Arguing for something that you completely contradicted yourself with prior to this thread. Auto or 5 speed>>> It is still a Mustang GT. You keep coming up with different little details that nobody cares about. Nobody said we were just talking about auto or 5-speed. Nobody said we're talking about ONLY stage 2 cobalts (without any other mods). You just came up with your own rules and regulations for this thread to try to convince people that you are right. LoL. You're only right in your own little world of denial. You're a joke.

Talk to you later Mr. Fail.
What have I been in denial about?

Every time I reference a 3v GT and say that I pull dead even with one I say specifically it is a 5spd.

Auto= 5 speed? No it doesn't. Not at all. You're blatantly ignorant if you can state that.

Completely different gearing and the auto stalls.

I -I as in ME- am talking about a Stage 2 only Cobalt is dead heat with a stock five speed three valve. I have repeated that numerous times. You just can't seem to grasp that.

You go on trying to prove that a GM Stage 2 car pulls on a five speed 3v by bringing up my auto 3v kill.. Doesn't compare.

Same as a bolt on 2v doesn't compare.

Two utterly different animals. You might as well say an auto C6 = an M6. Or an auto LS1 = a manual LS1 on a roll. I've agreed that your car should out pull any stock 3v from a roll and yet you still feel the need to attempt to insult me when everything I've said is in fact true.

You enjoy coming off as ignorant and irritating me or you really are ignorant. Whatever the case 2v doesn't equal 3v and automatic doesn't equal a five speed and Stage 2 doesn't equal Stage 2 with bolt ons.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:34 PM

What have I been in denial about?

Every time I reference a 3v GT and say that I pull dead even with one I say specifically it is a 5spd.

Auto= 5 speed? No it doesn't. Not at all. You're blatantly ignorant if you can state that.
Completely different gearing and the auto stalls.

I -I as in ME- am talking about a Stage 2 only Cobalt is dead heat with a stock five speed three valve. I have repeated that numerous times. You just can't seem to grasp that.

You go on trying to prove that a GM Stage 2 car pulls on a five speed 3v by bringing up my auto 3v kill.. Doesn't compare.

Same as a bolt on 2v doesn't compare.

Two utterly different animals. You might as well say an auto C6 = an M6. Or an auto LS1 = a manual LS1 on a roll. I've agreed that your car should out pull any stock 3v from a roll and yet you still feel the need to attempt to insult me when everything I've said is in fact true.

You enjoy coming off as ignorant and irritating me or you really are ignorant. Whatever the case 2v doesn't equal 3v and automatic doesn't equal a five speed and Stage 2 doesn't equal Stage 2 with bolt ons.

Did I say that? NO. All I said was REGARDLESS of AUTO or 5-SPEED THE CAR IS STILL A MUSTANG GT.

Dude. You fail at life. Like.. Seriously. Just stop hahaha
Old 04-02-2009, 09:37 PM

There really are some f*cking retards in this thread who dont know **** about Mustangs. Yes I have a 3v, and yes it has a couple bolt ons plus its tuned. Now from a roll, my stock SS/TC couldnt hang with my 3v at all, the 3v would pull from 40 up to atleast 120. From a dig, it was even worse. Now that my SS/TC is tuned, it beats my 3v by a couple cars, but from a dig, the 3v still wins. I've already mentioned this numerous times, but there are a few guys on Mustangforums.com who ran in the 13.2-13.3 range in their stock 3v, and tons who have ran 13.5-13.6's. If you're gonna say that the 3v is on average a 14 second car, than the SS/SC is a mid 14 second car on average. The 2v GT's have gone 13's before stock, so to say the 3v is equal is complete and utter BS. Go read some real times with some real drag racers who can drive, and enough of this BS.

Did I say that? NO. All I said was REGARDLESS of AUTO or 5-SPEED THE CAR IS STILL A MUSTANG GT.

Dude. You fail at life. Like.. Seriously. Just stop hahaha
If you seriously think your fastest time in your SS/SC is capable of beating a stock 3v, you fail at life and should just retire from this forum, because a 101 trap is nothing. And a 3v GT is still a much, much superior car compared to yours.

Last edited by FutureEcotecOwner; 04-02-2009 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-02-2009, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by FutureEcotecOwner
There really are some f*cking retards in this thread who dont know **** about Mustangs. Yes I have a 3v, and yes it has a couple bolt ons plus its tuned. Now from a roll, my stock SS/TC couldnt hang with my 3v at all, the 3v would pull from 40 up to atleast 120. From a dig, it was even worse. Now that my SS/TC is tuned, it beats my 3v by a couple cars, but from a dig, the 3v still wins. I've already mentioned this numerous times, but there are a few guys on Mustangforums.com who ran in the 13.2-13.3 range in their stock 3v, and tons who have ran 13.5-13.6's. If you're gonna say that the 3v is on average a 14 second car, than the SS/SC is a mid 14 second car on average. The 2v GT's have gone 13's before stock, so to say the 3v is equal is complete and utter BS. Go read some real times with some real drag racers who can drive, and enough of this BS.

If you seriously think your fastest time in your SS/SC is capable of beating a stock 3v, you fail at life and should just retire from this forum, because a 101 trap is nothing. And a 3v GT is still a much, much superior car compared to yours.
Seriously glad you posted something. I'm out of this thread, since I'm obviously a fool for realizing and auto stalls and Stage 2 Cobalts don't wipe ass with stock 3vs from a dig and roll both. Last post, seriously.

Quick Reply: ss/sc vs Mustang GT