War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

SS/SC Vs. NSX

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nocturn
An NXS...or his CSS?
Acura NSX...you know, the $75,000 qausi-exotic honda
Old 12-11-2005, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by BullDog71ss
Acura NSX...you know, the $75,000 qausi-exotic honda
HAHAHA, QuasiExotic. I like that!
Old 12-12-2005, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by DJNateGnau
HAHAHA, QuasiExotic. I like that!
hehe yeah it has a nice ring to it but sounds like its the brother of a certain mid-evil hump back dude
Old 12-12-2005, 06:48 PM

NSX must be a weak car...you beat him with a passenger AND 87 octane? lol
Old 12-12-2005, 07:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ha, an nsx is no weak car! but it's not fi either. race one that's been supercharged itself!
Old 12-12-2005, 08:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ralliartist
ha, an nsx is no weak car! but it's not fi either. race one that's been supercharged itself!
It shouldn't have to be supercharged to beat a stock $20K Cobalt. So basically you're saying spend another $6K on top of the $90K you already paid to buy the car in the first place, in order to beat a car costing less than 1/4 as much?? I'm sorry but thats just pathetic.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:40 PM

Nice, Try one in the turns and we will die.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:58 PM

Well I guess I was right. They did have a video, but want the BS callers to eat their words. Here is the link.

Proof!!!

PS Thanks for making me look like an ass in front of everyone. :smiley giving the bird:
Old 12-12-2005, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Supercharged
Well I guess I was right. They did have a video, but want the BS callers to eat their words. Here is the link.

Proof!!!

PS Thanks for making me look like an ass in front of everyone. :smiley giving the bird:

NP, i do my best.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:21 PM

to the new king of ricer comments
Old 12-12-2005, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by phxSS
NSX must be a weak car...you beat him with a passenger AND 87 octane? lol
Well, its got about the WORST bang for the buck in straight line performance of any performance car in the world... but it is pretty good in the twisties and it looks pretty dang exotic...

... although looking exotic is worth nothing to me. Chances are my Fox Body will be running deep 11's or better and STILL have a dented fender and peeling paint.... I'll just pay for a new paint job racing fat old men with hairy chests and gold chains in Corvettes and rich little punks in their exotic NSX's Boy, that will be fun.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:53 PM

how is that a ricer comment? oh wait, so adding forced induction to a car is rice now? i guess that means this whole forum is rice. good job chevy!!!! way to create rice!!!! your post =
Old 12-12-2005, 10:59 PM

how is that a ricer comment? oh wait, so adding forced induction to a car is rice now? i guess that means this whole forum is rice. good job chevy!!!! way to create rice!!!! your post =
Well, I see what he's saying.

What if some Cobalt beat a new Mustang GT, for example, and instead of the GT being impressed with the SS, he say's, "Yeah, well, I would SMOKE you if I was Supercharged, too !!!"

... That would be a ricer comment...
Old 12-12-2005, 11:11 PM
Banned

No, nobody said Forced Induction was rice. What we're saying is that making exuses by saying "well if I added this mod to my car..." when someone loses a race is dumb. Its pointless, because obviously the car didn't have that mod, hence the reason it lost. Its like getting in a fight and saying "well I would have won if I weighed 10lbs more...", it just doesn't make sense.

Not to mention a car costing $90K shouldn't have to have a supercharger added to it in order to beat a car costing $70K less. Thats just pathetic, of course the typical ricer excuse is "its not meant for straight line racing", I don't care what its meant for, if I'm going to pay $90K for a car it better damn well outperform cars costing 1/4 as much in straight line performance.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:06 AM

^^preach on, brother
Old 12-13-2005, 06:08 AM

well, then here is your typical ricer comment. the nsx was never meant for drag in the first place. and i know the cobalt wasn't either but i see a lot more cobalt owner's dragging their cars than nsx's. sorry for the "ricer" comment. if i may be excused now, i'll sit in the corner quietly and just listen. lol. i guess i am a ricer. i sport the 3 diamonds and the rest of you wear a bow tie. lol.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:17 AM

well, then here is your typical ricer comment. the nsx was never meant for drag in the first place. and i know the cobalt wasn't either but i see a lot more cobalt owner's dragging their cars than nsx's. sorry for the "ricer" comment. if i may be excused now, i'll sit in the corner quietly and just listen. lol. i guess i am a ricer. i sport the 3 diamonds and the rest of you wear a bow tie. lol.

Don't worry about them dude...they drink a little too much coffee. It's puts them on edge

The fact is, that I didn't race an NSX with a blower, but if I would have I woulda lost. Still, I didn't lose. A car that cost $75,000 back in 1995 shouldnt even give a car like the Cobalt a chance, and putting a blower on the NSX just to take down a Cobalt is a little sad. This is why they are throwing the rice at you. Someone always comes along and says "well if my car had this one more mod I would have beat you", it gets old after a while. I'm especially tired of hearing Cobalt owners on this site use that one...
Old 12-13-2005, 12:04 PM

The NSX was *not* designed to drag race....this has very little to do with needing modifications, it was designed for the track, where when you come around a corner you're already in your powerband (if you're not a retard) so 0-60 time isn't the focus of this car. I have no idea why anyone would buy an import with the intent to drag race it, it doesn't make sense, yes they can be made into drag cars if you dump enough time/money into them, but so can a minivan.

On the track the NSX would drive circles around a Cobalt, I'm sure some people are going to call me a ricer, go nuts, imports simply aren't designed with straight line performance in mind. I'm not slighting the performance of the "new wave" of domestic 4 bangers, just pointing out the differences between Domestic / Import ideals.

I like the Cobalt / SRT very much, I just get tired of people calling everything that isn't domestic rice, just because it was not designed with brute force in mind.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Spoony
The NSX was *not* designed to drag race....this has very little to do with needing modifications, it was designed for the track, where when you come around a corner you're already in your powerband (if you're not a retard) so 0-60 time isn't the focus of this car. I have no idea why anyone would buy an import with the intent to drag race it, it doesn't make sense, yes they can be made into drag cars if you dump enough time/money into them, but so can a minivan.

On the track the NSX would drive circles around a Cobalt, I'm sure some people are going to call me a ricer, go nuts, imports simply aren't designed with straight line performance in mind. I'm not slighting the performance of the "new wave" of domestic 4 bangers, just pointing out the differences between Domestic / Import ideals.

I like the Cobalt / SRT very much, I just get tired of people calling everything that isn't domestic rice, just because it was not designed with brute force in mind.

I second that statement....

I have seen many american cars that I consider "rice". It all depends on how you use the term. To me, rice is coffee can exhausts, big ass aluminum spoilers, etc... Things that have no function at all! The cobalt is a very clean, tasteful design. But damn...I've seen many RICE cavaliers in my day!!!
Old 12-13-2005, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by BullDog71ss
Don't worry about them dude...they drink a little too much coffee. It's puts them on edge

The fact is, that I didn't race an NSX with a blower, but if I would have I woulda lost. Still, I didn't lose. A car that cost $75,000 back in 1995 shouldnt even give a car like the Cobalt a chance, and putting a blower on the NSX just to take down a Cobalt is a little sad. This is why they are throwing the rice at you. Someone always comes along and says "well if my car had this one more mod I would have beat you", it gets old after a while. I'm especially tired of hearing Cobalt owners on this site use that one...
Yeah, As soon as we see the word Honda The first thing out of our mouths is usually RICER!!!!! Like flies on cow dung. Too much damn coffee! And Monster....
Old 12-13-2005, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by DJNateGnau
Yeah, As soon as we see the word Honda The first thing out of our mouths is usually RICER!!!!! Like flies on cow dung. Too much damn coffee! And Monster....

^^^RICER... you said the "h" word.

EDIT: That ^ was meant to be funny not sacastic
Old 12-13-2005, 12:58 PM

Hahaha!
Old 12-13-2005, 01:31 PM

i think everyone is focusing on just one item at a time. The NSX was designed to perform and is a sports car regardless of where honda put the performance be it straight line or in the twisties it was designed to perform to its best ability in stock form.

Overall car performance is what we should strive to achieve regardless of straight line or twisty speeds. At the end of the day you want the car to be overall a better performer than most.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:57 PM

No one in this forum has even come close to calling the NSX "rice", so I really don't understand what you're trying to say.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:02 PM
Banned

You completely missed the point that we made earlier. Its all well and good that the NSX handles well in the corners, but if I'm going to pay $90K for a vehicle, I want something that offers $90K worth of performance in every category. If someones looking for a vehicle purely for handling/autocross, then the best choice is something like a Lotus Elise - its a better handler, not to mention its costs less than half as much.

Heres some handling specs comparing the NSX to the Corvette:

NSX

Slalom: 62.1 mph
Skidpad: 0.92g

Corvette Z51

Slalom: 66.2 mph
Skidpad: 0.98g

References: Car and Driver, Motor Trend, Road and Track

Looks like the NSX still gets owned in handing by the Corvette Z51, which just happens to cost $40K less. So theres pretty much nothing that justifies paying the $90K pricetag to purchase an NSX besides the "image" of owning one

Quick Reply: SS/SC Vs. NSX