War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

SS/SC vs. Scion tC

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 12:26 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
SS/SC vs. Scion tC

TO start off, for those who don't know, my car has been in the shop since Dec 26th ... Transmission problems. SO I got it fixed finally and got it back a week ago, BUT it has rained EVERYDAY since then... but today, the roads where finally dry! SO the night starts off pretty calm. I get off work at 6 and go straight to cruising. I cruise around for 30 minutes and then visit my G/F at work (The Library). I see a WRX in the Library parking lot with a Cobb sticker in the window. Sweet. I park next to it. Sadly, we don't race because the owner never comes out. :-[ Oh well, I leave on my merry little way. I turn onto Front St... and wait for the light to turn green... Still waiting.............Waiting.... Intersecting Traffic's light turns yellow.... and I'm green. I turn left onto Main St, Heading North. But I hear a bottle of something drop and hit my passenger side floorboard and start rolling around. ****... I lean over and pick it up... not noticing the car that busted ass off of East Front St and is now behind me. I set the Gatorade bottle (My G/f's) on my coat in the passenger seat and continue across the Blanchard River's Bridge... as I get infront of Domino's the Tiffin Ave light turns Yellow... so i drop it into Second and zip through the light. As I let off a White Scion tC (Debadged) passes me... and I swear I hear a Bov... but I still think I was just hearing things. But I have heard of some tC's making some good numbers with a Turbo... not to mention the TRD offered Centrifugal Supercharger kit for them. So I think to myself... "This could be interesting." He roars down Main St... and I cautiously do 45... Main St = Scary... it is the Jugular of the City... Many places for Cops to hide... and lots of Cops included it in their regular patrols. So I try not to do anything crazy on Main St.

Well, this guy catches the hint that I'm not playing around just yet... I let him know I am interested... but not ready. We cruise all the way to the intersection of Main and Trenton... and the light is red. Unfortunately someone is in the left lane. So he is one the White line... and I am behind. I can see the two chicks in the back seat looking back and laughing. It's all fun and games... till Robert Drops the Hammer! SO the light turns green and he hammers it! I take it easy in 1st letting him get 2 cars ahead (and watching the girls laugh hardcore...), then once the lane next to me is clear, I drop it into 2nd and let her rip! The Supercharger whines louder than hell and the exhaust roars a beastly tone! I tear ass from 2 cars back, to a car and a half ahead by the end of second gear. Who's laughing now? I am ! But there is persistence in this one! We catch a red light at Melrose as well... this time side by side. As soon as we stop the intersecting light turns yellow. He revs and inches forward... I know he wants some. Light turns green and we hit it at the same time... I pedal the gas in first, to keep from spinning the tires and in an attempt to stay next to him. I do a good job because I drop it into second right beside him at 35 mph, my sweet spot! I rip away from him and take 3 or 4 cars before I let off near the top of 2nd gear. We screw around a little all the way to Findlay Ford... where he gives me the thumbs up and I head for 75. Fun race, my guess is that he has the TRD S/C kit. Not an impressive kill... but definitely a fun one. I loved the looks on their faces as I whined on by that first time. Priceless!
Old 01-18-2007, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stupid TC's lol nice slaughter
Old 01-18-2007, 12:37 AM

i want to run a TC in my G5 so bad i had one on my ass the other night but i had the sunfire
Old 01-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

I don't know what it is about tC owners around here... but they seem to think their cars are hott ****! I guy I know told me today that he knows the guy, and that guy thinks his car is the bomb. There are 3 tC's in this town that have revved at me... 1 down... 2 to go.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:50 PM

Nice, very
Old 01-18-2007, 08:55 PM

atta boy, nice kill. very good story too, very detailed. i want to race a TC sooo bad, i have an 06 ls coupe with some mods and i just want to see what it'll do to a TC. a buddy of mine has one, if he'll ever return my call i'll try to race him sometime. but very good job on playing with him.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:57 PM

TC's are a joke specialy stock
Old 01-18-2007, 09:41 PM

Racing here?

http://www.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&...,0.086002&om=1

Let me remind you about this:

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/p.../NEWS/61204036

IMHO, that looks like a ridiculous place to race (cross-roads, intersections, etc.)

Ian
Old 01-18-2007, 10:14 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Originally Posted by manticus
Racing here?

http://www.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&...,0.086002&om=1

Let me remind you about this:

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/p.../NEWS/61204036

IMHO, that looks like a ridiculous place to race (cross-roads, intersections, etc.)

Ian
Wow... you went through all that trouble to show me where I raced on a 2D Street map? Thanks, I had almost forgot! And thanks for reminding me about Venom. Glad to know there are people like you out there... always looking out for one another!
Old 01-18-2007, 10:30 PM

Nice race, nice write up.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
Wow... you went through all that trouble to show me where I raced on a 2D Street map? Thanks, I had almost forgot! And thanks for reminding me about Venom. Glad to know there are people like you out there... always looking out for one another!
Sorry, you just put in a whole bunch of addresses and intersections and I got interested - I'll make sure to pay less attention next time Either way, I'm sure you took the necessary precautions (I hope).

Good kill, either way.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:24 AM

Nice kill. TRD Blown TCs are slow. Be careful if you run into a turboed one. Totally different animal than the TRD. Never the less, nice kill
Old 01-19-2007, 06:44 AM

Nice kill man, keep up with showing positive representation for the Cobeys.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:25 AM

I love the stories this person posts! Everyone should take lessons on the way its done. I still cant get over the one from the other day... where the dad called his kid out about having a crappy honda!
Old 01-20-2007, 02:50 AM
Banned

hahahaha we have detectives in here and ****
Old 01-20-2007, 05:35 PM

Talking

this story is sweet! Ive wanted to race some of my freinds w/scions. i think their poop!
Old 01-20-2007, 05:40 PM

I raced TC on 8lbs turboed when stock and we were neck to neck.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:57 PM

I think it is good that people look out for other people. And that young man in the article, was that one of our members since you are calling him Venom?

Edit: Awesome kill on the tc by the way!
Old 01-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Originally Posted by CustomSS
I think it is good that people look out for other people. And that young man in the article, was that one of our members since you are calling him Venom?

Edit: Awesome kill on the tc by the way!
Indeed he was a member... Do a search for Venom... you will find a couple locked threads.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:13 PM

Indeed he was a member... Do a search for Venom... you will find a couple locked threads.
That's too bad! I hate to see members go out like this. I guess it should be a lesson to all though and not just one. Very unfortunate!

NE ways...didn't mean to get your thread off topic.

I think your story was very well written and good as well. I haven't seen too many younger people driving tc's in my area and when I do they are normallt chicks. actually same way with the balts, mostly older people and chicks (all models except the SS/SC). Interesting market we're in, very wide but I can't wait to see some tc's at the track when the weather warms up xD
Old 01-25-2007, 02:56 AM

i raced a lightly modded tC a while back when I first got my balt. He had a couple chicks in the car too, which kinda was what got me interested lol. He had an exhaust, air intake, lowered it a bit, but I don't recall him having a s/c or a turbo. Needless to say I left him in the dust while holding out a "call me" sign to his girls in the car lol. Way to be though man, nice kill.