War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

SS/SC vs Speed6

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SS/SC vs Speed6

today I was goin to pick up my girl from school when i see this white Mazda Speed6 pull right in front of me, he made a right turn and i kept right behind him "he started looking at me from his rearview mirror" and I blink for one second he started pulling, we were goin about 25mhp when he started pulling, then as i was in second I just went after him... when i shifted to 3rd i had his front bumper with my rear bumper but we had to stop cuz there was no more room... I was surprised i got in front of him...
Are we better then the speed6 or i just got a bad driver?
Old 10-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
moved to war stories.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:48 PM

Saw a Mazdaspeed 6 at the track a few weeks ago, and the best it could run was a 16.6. The guy couldn't drive for ****, though, but still, the power numbers Mazda claims and the times those cars run don't add up. I mean, a Subaru Legacy GT supposedly make less power, yet will smoke a 6.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:13 PM

Is 'nt the 6 pretty heavy?
Old 10-16-2006, 04:18 PM

I also think they are too heavy
Old 10-16-2006, 04:20 PM

the 6 is over rated just like the rest of mazdas line up.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tomtwtwtw
Saw a Mazdaspeed 6 at the track a few weeks ago, and the best it could run was a 16.6. The guy couldn't drive for ****, though, but still, the power numbers Mazda claims and the times those cars run don't add up. I mean, a Subaru Legacy GT supposedly make less power, yet will smoke a 6.

wow that is a HORRIBLE time. they can run low 14's fairly easily.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:25 PM
p7x

its true mazda does make slow cars (cept rx-7 + MS3) and the 6 is a pig.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by p7x

the rx-8 is definately not slow. It isn't very fast, but definately not slow and it will lay the smack down on lots of cars on a road course, that thing handles like a dream.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by p7x
true true MS3 = , MS6 =
and $$$ for some reason
Old 10-16-2006, 04:37 PM

i personally don't like the mazdaspeed cars...i think they needed to change more exterior stuff on them. they did a great job with the exterior of the mazdaspeed protege, but that engine just blows a fat one with the fisher price rods they put in that thing. i don't like how it is actually hard to tell the difference between an ms6 and a mazda 6 from a decent distance and same with the 3. I wouldn't want a ton of flashy ****, but come on man it has to be a little different!
Old 10-16-2006, 04:37 PM

Racing from a roll is not that cars strength. They can break into the 13s with the right technique. You should race one from a dig. It should be a really good race with your mods.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by SS4ME
Racing from a roll is not that cars strength. They can break into the 13s with the right technique. You should race one from a dig. It should be a really good race with your mods.

that's true, pretty much any awd car is far stronger from a dig than a roll. take a wrx for example. from a roll wrx's are slugs, but from a dig they are much faster.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:39 PM

been there and done that, i laffed every time ;P
Old 10-16-2006, 05:18 PM

Mazda is overrated....MS6 has lke 280hp and it can't pull on a stock Legacy GT!?!? I mean LGT with Stg 2 tune will pull mid 13's with a good driver and launch. As for the MS3....yeah its great...better than wrx (like in the magazine comparo) mmm yeah i could say so too but on track/autocross, i'd take the scooby anyday. I mean MS3 has 268hp and even more tq....you telling me that pos can't do better than mid 14's like a stock wrx?!?!!? well i guess fwd has something to do with it...cause that much hp on a wrx should run it into the mid-high 13's with a good driver.

But yeah, Mazda does overrate and big up their cars. MS3 and 6 both share the similar engine platforms, yet when the MS6 came out there were problems like overheating due to not enuf cool air reaching the intercooler. Madza had a great idea to use a top mount design (hmmm i wonder where they got that idea from?) without running a hoodscoop. Instead they run a regular hood with a slight buldge compared to the normal 6 so they could fit in an air channel from the grille to the IC...hmmm that is so retarded...after 3 hard pulls that thing will lose so much power! Now that the MS3 is out..they shoulda went FMIC or SMIC, but nooooo they had to keep the same design...which i'm sure will show similar heating problems like its older brother the MS6.

Overall...Mazda is doing great to bite into the tuner segment or the market. Slapping on turbos here and there and putting it out for decent prices...But for the price of the MS3 i rather get a WRX TR anyday....besides...Madza still needs to fix problems within their design department....hell I just need to say one thing....Mazda calls for recalls on all Mazda RX8's...ALLL!!!!! hahahaha lol...

Oh yeah...to the guy that orig. posted...good kill...
Old 10-16-2006, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
that's true, pretty much any awd car is far stronger from a dig than a roll. take a wrx for example. from a roll wrx's are slugs, but from a dig they are much faster.

My car isn't a slug from a roll...but at least i have a slug in the car hahahah lol!

Cheers,
Old 10-16-2006, 05:28 PM

[QUOTE=STi_WRX02]Mazda is overrated....MS6 has lke 280hp and it can't pull on a stock Legacy GT!?!? I mean LGT with Stg 2 tune will pull mid 13's with a good driver and launch. As for the MS3....yeah its great...better than wrx (like in the magazine comparo) mmm yeah i could say so too but on track/autocross, i'd take the scooby anyday.I mean MS3 has 268hp and even more tq....you telling me that pos can't do better than mid 14's like a stock wrx?!?!!?[QUOTE]

I have seen one publication test the MS3 at 14.1@100. I can't recall which magazine though.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by STi_WRX02
My car isn't a slug from a roll...but at least i have a slug in the car hahahah lol!

Cheers,

well comparing a stock wrx to another mid 14 sec car...it is a slug from a roll. dont get me wrong i love the wrx, awd is just slower from a roll, period.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:41 PM

[QUOTE=SS4ME][QUOTE=STi_WRX02]Mazda is overrated....MS6 has lke 280hp and it can't pull on a stock Legacy GT!?!? I mean LGT with Stg 2 tune will pull mid 13's with a good driver and launch. As for the MS3....yeah its great...better than wrx (like in the magazine comparo) mmm yeah i could say so too but on track/autocross, i'd take the scooby anyday.I mean MS3 has 268hp and even more tq....you telling me that pos can't do better than mid 14's like a stock wrx?!?!!?

I have seen one publication test the MS3 at 14.1@100. I can't recall which magazine though.
Motor Trend did the comparo. I have the mag in my car.

MS3 - 0-60 @ 6.0/ 1/4 mile @ 14.3
WRX- 0-60 @ 5.6/ 1/4 mile @ 14.2

Soooo....yeah i am saying that pos can't do better than mid 14's like the WRX....launchin a FWD car with that much HP aint that easy. Besides...Mazda limited torque and power in 1st and 2nd gear. I'm not saying its a complete POS...it is in lil ways but it could have been such a better car. I mean it did beat out the WRX in almost every aspect but by marginally. The WRX is an old car man....newer cars should be dusting it...not just barely beating it. Especially with 268hp/280tq!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:52 PM

Soooo....yeah i am saying that pos can't do better than mid 14's like the WRX....launchin a FWD car with that much HP aint that easy. Besides...Mazda limited torque and power in 1st and 2nd gear. I'm not saying its a complete POS...it is in lil ways but it could have been such a better car. I mean it did beat out the WRX in almost every aspect but by marginally. The WRX is an old car man....newer cars should be dusting it...not just barely beating it. Especially with 268hp/280tq!!!
I hear you. I don't like the MS3 either but I'm thinking you will see some stock MS3 cracking 13s. Not bad for an ugly wagon.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by SS4ME
I hear you. I don't like the MS3 either but I'm thinking you will see some stock MS3 cracking 13s. Not bad for an ugly wagon.

I like that u don't punk ppl when u hear their opnions...no bashing - teh kewl! hahah lol

yeah i think it could be a whole lot better...it actually looks half decent but again i still think Mazda should have put a side mount IC or FMIC...no sense in copying Subaru with the Top mount design...and if ur gona do that...at least run a small hoodscoop!

high 13's???mmmm i could see that happening...but not without drag radials...and by then its not stock anymore...The car has great potential...but it should have had awd and a freakin fmic!
Old 10-16-2006, 07:14 PM

[QUOTE=STi_WRX02][QUOTE=SS4ME]
Mazda is overrated....MS6 has lke 280hp and it can't pull on a stock Legacy GT!?!? I mean LGT with Stg 2 tune will pull mid 13's with a good driver and launch. As for the MS3....yeah its great...better than wrx (like in the magazine comparo) mmm yeah i could say so too but on track/autocross, i'd take the scooby anyday.I mean MS3 has 268hp and even more tq....you telling me that pos can't do better than mid 14's like a stock wrx?!?!!?

im not sure if it was motortrend, but one of the major car magazines ran a gt500 at only a 12.9 and many other magazine times are just plain not great. oh and the times that motortrend got for the srt-4 when they first came out were like 14.3's and such and we all know the srt-4 is capable of high 13's stock, so don't count the ms3 out. It has the power, and the technology to run 13's i just dont think it has been out long enough for people to be able to drive it to its full potential.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:16 PM

That's cuz a saleman at my local Mazda dealer said it would smoke an Evo......what a Tool!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 07:17 PM
p7x

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
the rx-8 is definately not slow. It isn't very fast, but definately not slow and it will lay the smack down on lots of cars on a road course, that thing handles like a dream.
Slow is in relation to price hp and stats. To me the Rx-8 should be faster, thats why i call it slow.

yeah i think it could be a whole lot better...it actually looks half decent but again i still think Mazda should have put a side mount IC or FMIC...no sense in copying Subaru with the Top mount design...and if ur gona do that...at least run a small hoodscoop!

high 13's???mmmm i could see that happening...but not without drag radials...and by then its not stock anymore...The car has great potential...but it should have had awd and a freakin fmic!
I agree with the FMIC but that would have had to be done with the speed6 seeing how they are the same engine. Mazda has created the hollow hood for the "ram air" i guess. Still FMIC would have been better. As for the 13's I def think MS3's will break the mark even without slicks. The MS3 is torque limited in the first 3 gears which really sucks but once the mazda guys crack it (standalone) they will be able to run 20psi and 13's no problem. The stats on the MS3 in multiple mags are decieving IMO. If the Ms3 wasnt tq limited it would have dynoed higher and be putting down more power = better 0-60 and 1/4 mile. The one guy that I know that has one says the thing is a monster in 4th gear. We'll have to see about that
Old 10-16-2006, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by p7x
Slow is in relation to price hp and stats. To me the Rx-8 should be faster, thats why i call it slow.

I agree with the FMIC but that would have had to be done with the speed6 seeing how they are the same engine. Mazda has created the hollow hood for the "ram air" i guess. Still FMIC would have been better. As for the 13's I def think MS3's will break the mark even without slicks. The MS3 is torque limited in the first 3 gears which really sucks but once the mazda guys crack it (standalone) they will be able to run 20psi and 13's no problem. The stats on the MS3 in multiple mags are decieving IMO. If the Ms3 wasnt tq limited it would have dynoed higher and be putting down more power = better 0-60 and 1/4 mile. The one guy that I know that has one says the thing is a monster in 4th gear. We'll have to see about that
Yeah I agree...tune and stuff will yield the car a faster time but in stock trim I could see it break 13.9 but it'll be in a low alt. and with a 10 billion k clutch drop hahaha lol jkz jkz...but def. see the potential on roll racing and etc...But i'd still take the WRX...close price proximity...off the lot the WRXTR is cheaper by a grand but reg. WRX its the same...hmm turbo awd or turbo fwd?depends what floats ur boat right?

The RX8 is slow...i've driven one...manual and unfortunatly an auto one too. They are great on track cause of the 50/50 distribution but aside from that the engine is bleh. High revving engine with no guts...needs boost... No car that has a recall on all years from 04-06 is a good car...something over 15 different RX8 related problems as serious as some ppl that need entire engine swaps...If the WRX or Cobalt had that many problems and a model wide recall was initiated...would you call it a good car? hahah P7x is right...RX= teh slow & teh crap...well teh crap part was imo. hahaha

Quick Reply: SS/SC vs Speed6