War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

SS/SC vs Speed6

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 08:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I beat my buddies lightly modded Mazdaspeed6 from a nice highway roll. Wasnt even close and I had a passanger. Could be closer from a dead stop. Anyway the 3 should
Old 10-16-2006, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys are absolutely right about the FMIC on the new Speed 3. I remember reading about the Speed 6 before it was out. They said they wanted to be different and make a cheap fast car that didnt appeal to the average "boy racer" out there that likes wings and hoodscoops. I figured this thing might be able to edge out the Neon SRT-4, but not with the torque management. Mazda overates their cars while Dodge underates them, so I think the Neon will oput run it, or so I hope. If not, then I think the Caliber will do the job. I believe its Sport Compact Car that is dying to do a comparo on the Caliber SRT-4 and the MS3.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:04 AM

^^^ i hear ya but as cool as i think the caliber srt is i wonder who gets the ugly as **** award between it and the MS3
Old 10-17-2006, 12:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the ss s/c should definitely beat the speed6 from a roll, from a dig, I'd still say the ss wins. As for the speed3. I guarantee you'll hear of them breaking 13's bone stock. those things are bad ass. and once someone figures out how to get 1st and 2nd gear reprogrammed so it's not detuned for tq., you'll see even faster times while still in stock trim. plus the speed3 hands the wrx it's ass everywhere else, braking, slalom, etc. that new speed3 is gonna be the car to watch out for!
Old 10-17-2006, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by ralliartist
the ss s/c should definitely beat the speed6 from a roll, from a dig, I'd still say the ss wins. As for the speed3. I guarantee you'll hear of them breaking 13's bone stock. those things are bad ass. and once someone figures out how to get 1st and 2nd gear reprogrammed so it's not detuned for tq., you'll see even faster times while still in stock trim. plus the speed3 hands the wrx it's ass everywhere else, braking, slalom, etc. that new speed3 is gonna be the car to watch out for!

It's hands the wrx its ass because of the crappy stock tires that the wrx has on it. The wrx has all seasons tires on it... if you read the article you will see that all 3 experts said that with good tires the wrx would beat the ms3 in most categories... and they still preferred the wrx even with BAD TIRES! And 06 wrx's have hit mid to high 13's in stock form... another thing is that they say the interior is better in the ms3... thats because it is a wrx TR! they pretty much have the same interior as the 2.5i impreza! if they would have given it the same interior as the normal wrx... it would have been closer. Yes... I know... they still don't have the best interiors... but its supposed to be a rally car... they've never had the best interiors...

In my opinion... mazda is still associated with ford... so thats a big strike against it in dependability... everyone has their preferences... but I live in Erie, PA... so I NEED AWD! Haaa... so its all up to your opinion and driving conditions. The MS3 is still a nice car by any means... and with a few mods or years under its belt... it can be pretty bad ass... but if it were up to me... I would take the 06 wrx over the 06 MS3 ANYDAY!

I could be a little biased because I have an 06 wrx too... haha! Both are nice cars though...
Old 10-17-2006, 01:19 PM

I still can't believe they didn't get 13s out of the WRX in the comparo. They are more then capable of running 13s stock. It must have been crappy driving? It is yet to be proven the MS3 can do the same. If I were to choose, WRX all the way but in a sedan. If they still made coupes, I would most likely own a WRX but they do not. LAME!!!!
Old 10-17-2006, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by rex030
It's hands the wrx its ass because of the crappy stock tires that the wrx has on it. The wrx has all seasons tires on it... if you read the article you will see that all 3 experts said that with good tires the wrx would beat the ms3 in most categories... and they still preferred the wrx even with BAD TIRES! And 06 wrx's have hit mid to high 13's in stock form... another thing is that they say the interior is better in the ms3... thats because it is a wrx TR! they pretty much have the same interior as the 2.5i impreza! if they would have given it the same interior as the normal wrx... it would have been closer. Yes... I know... they still don't have the best interiors... but its supposed to be a rally car... they've never had the best interiors...

In my opinion... mazda is still associated with ford... so thats a big strike against it in dependability... everyone has their preferences... but I live in Erie, PA... so I NEED AWD! Haaa... so its all up to your opinion and driving conditions. The MS3 is still a nice car by any means... and with a few mods or years under its belt... it can be pretty bad ass... but if it were up to me... I would take the 06 wrx over the 06 MS3 ANYDAY!

I could be a little biased because I have an 06 wrx too... haha! Both are nice cars though...
they chose the tr because it is closer in price. if they had a fully loaded wrx it would outprice the ms3 by alot and it would still be about equally equipped interior wise. not trying to start an argument, but that is why they did it.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
they chose the tr because it is closer in price. if they had a fully loaded wrx it would outprice the ms3 by alot and it would still be about equally equipped interior wise. not trying to start an argument, but that is why they did it.
Oh... I read somewhere that they picked a lot of options on the MS3 and its price came to like 27k?? Guess it was a bad source... but really... there is only about a 1k difference in price between the TR and regular WRX... thats why I went with the regular... the seats alone... imo... are worth the extra 1k...
Old 10-17-2006, 09:01 PM

Oh... I read somewhere that they picked a lot of options on the MS3 and its price came to like 27k?? Guess it was a bad source... but really... there is only about a 1k difference in price between the TR and regular WRX... thats why I went with the regular... the seats alone... imo... are worth the extra 1k...
well i dont think they used the grand touring package on the ms3 because it adds alot of stuff you can't get on the rex like built in navi and some other crap. that package is like 1700 bucks, so if they did add it for a comparo they are idiots. personally (please nobody take offense to this) with the price those things are selling for (high 20's) i would let myself get near buying one of those. hell i could get a slightly used evo for that, or get a mustang gt with some haggling, throw a blower on it and put down over 450 at the wheels. I just don't like the idea of spending in the high 20k's for a car that doesnt really have much over the rest of the cars in it's class. the wrx is priced around the same, but it has awd which really is a big plus imo.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:44 PM

With the torque prgrammed to be limited where it counts, I think that this car with a damn good driver will run a 13.9 . I honestly don't think that it will have the same impact as the Neon SRT-4. Yes I know, more HP, but the torque thing is bullshit. It also sucks that they couldnt get the Rex into 13's with the comparo, I constantly hear good drivers running 13.8's in the new Rex.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:09 PM

the rx-8 is definately not slow. It isn't very fast, but definately not slow and it will lay the smack down on lots of cars on a road course, that thing handles like a dream.
rX-8 IS SLOW IMO. I raced an Rx-8 in my stock Rental 2.2 that I have been in posesion for the last 23 days and he pulled maybe half a car w/ a head start. My cobalt would put football fields on one of them.

For the dood talking about SRT-4's being 13 second cars. No... Yes maybe 5% of the SRT-4's can do 13's stock, but I have seen modded ones arround here at like sealevel running low 14's. Is it possible? Sure. But its not the majority of the cases.

Hell I think there was a Cobalt SS dood or Redline dood that ran a 13.9 stock in his car. Is it possible? yes, majority? No....

I agree w/ the FWD and launching though. I mean IM putting down 13.7's and I know most of that is due to my launches. I doubt the Mazda 3 will be doing 13's stock. Remember thats CRANK HP not WHP...
Old 10-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Xenozx
rX-8 IS SLOW IMO. I raced an Rx-8 in my stock Rental 2.2 that I have been in posesion for the last 23 days and he pulled maybe half a car w/ a head start. My cobalt would put football fields on one of them.

For the dood talking about SRT-4's being 13 second cars. No... Yes maybe 5% of the SRT-4's can do 13's stock, but I have seen modded ones arround here at like sealevel running low 14's. Is it possible? Sure. But its not the majority of the cases.

Hell I think there was a Cobalt SS dood or Redline dood that ran a 13.9 stock in his car. Is it possible? yes, majority? No....

I agree w/ the FWD and launching though. I mean IM putting down 13.7's and I know most of that is due to my launches. I doubt the Mazda 3 will be doing 13's stock. Remember thats CRANK HP not WHP...
What dooooooood ran 13.9???
Old 10-17-2006, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by superSS/SC
What dooooooood ran 13.9???
You gonna make me search? jesus, its from MONTHS ago! To be honest from before I bought my car, because I was going to buy a redline, so I frequented their forums lawl.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:24 PM

looks like the redline forums delete threads older then 2 months, as I cant seem to find much before 09/17/2006. Depends on the catagories tho

I did see, I swear on it. he had a time slip and all. Wether it was legit or not is another story.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:32 PM

it was probably an auto because the stick is a mid 14 sec car stock with a driver that knows what he is doing. there is no way a 2.2 can keep up with that. the older auto version was i think a high 15 second car because not only did it have a slower tranny, but it was actually greatly underpowered compared to the manual. so...
Old 10-17-2006, 10:42 PM
Banned

looks like the redline forums delete threads older then 2 months, as I cant seem to find much before 09/17/2006. Depends on the catagories tho

I did see, I swear on it. he had a time slip and all. Wether it was legit or not is another story.
It's cool, I just keep seeing it brought up that "some guy ran 13.9, stock", but never any proof of it. I would like to see who did it. Thanks for trying to find it for me.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:53 AM

well i dont think they used the grand touring package on the ms3 because it adds alot of stuff you can't get on the rex like built in navi and some other crap. that package is like 1700 bucks, so if they did add it for a comparo they are idiots. personally (please nobody take offense to this) with the price those things are selling for (high 20's) i would let myself get near buying one of those. hell i could get a slightly used evo for that, or get a mustang gt with some haggling, throw a blower on it and put down over 450 at the wheels. I just don't like the idea of spending in the high 20k's for a car that doesnt really have much over the rest of the cars in it's class. the wrx is priced around the same, but it has awd which really is a big plus imo.
Don't quote me on this... but I believe the ms3 did have a navi in the comparo... I could be wrong though... but I think I heard something about that. I went with the new WRX because I live in an area where I NEED awd... yes I could have gotten a used evo or a used sti... but I wanted something brand new with a decent warranty. And since this years wrx is even closer now to the sti... and I love subarus (thats all ive ever driven... I still love evos though) thats why I went with the new wrx. I could have actually afforded a brand new sti but I want to buy a house next year and am already paying enough on my new wrx to spend the money on an sti. I love being a young single electrical engineer! haha...
Old 10-18-2006, 02:20 PM

I just seen a copy of the article... and they did have the touring edition with navi installed... price came to $26,300... pretty crappy comparsion if you ask me... my interior is much better than the tr... imo... it was a grand more... heres the link...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1099972
Old 10-18-2006, 02:42 PM

Don't quote me on this... but I believe the ms3 did have a navi in the comparo... I could be wrong though... but I think I heard something about that. I went with the new WRX because I live in an area where I NEED awd... yes I could have gotten a used evo or a used sti... but I wanted something brand new with a decent warranty. And since this years wrx is even closer now to the sti... and I love subarus (thats all ive ever driven... I still love evos though) thats why I went with the new wrx. I could have actually afforded a brand new sti but I want to buy a house next year and am already paying enough on my new wrx to spend the money on an sti. I love being a young single electrical engineer! haha...
To be honest, I think the WRX and the STI are almost in teh same price bracket.... They both are like 28-32 thousand dollars. When I was out looking for a new car I checked out the STI and reg WRX. The cheapest reg WRX was like 29,000+ at the dealer, where they had a brand new STI for 32 and some change. I was like why would you buy a WRX then? Of course that was like over a year ago, but still....

you dont NEED AWD in PA, sorry, in those snowy winter months IM sure its helpful, but I live in Delaware and for the last 5 years we havent had a hard winter at all. Doesnt mean its not nice to have though Id understand if you where from canada tho
Old 10-18-2006, 09:13 PM

To be honest, I think the WRX and the STI are almost in teh same price bracket.... They both are like 28-32 thousand dollars. When I was out looking for a new car I checked out the STI and reg WRX. The cheapest reg WRX was like 29,000+ at the dealer, where they had a brand new STI for 32 and some change. I was like why would you buy a WRX then? Of course that was like over a year ago, but still....

you dont NEED AWD in PA, sorry, in those snowy winter months IM sure its helpful, but I live in Delaware and for the last 5 years we havent had a hard winter at all. Doesnt mean its not nice to have though Id understand if you where from canada tho

You've apparently never been right in the middle of a winter by the great lakes have you?? Ever heard of 'lake effect' snow?? Trust me... I just moved here a little bit ago from central pa... its a completely different winter up here... buffalo... which is about an hour away... just got 2 feet of snow last week... dont know if you heard? we already got a snowfall... i dont want a turbo fwd car here... nooooo way... ill stick with awd thanks...

And where did you see wrxs for 29,000 plus?? unless it had the leather package?? mine was expensive from everyone that ive talked to and i spent 26k... i dont know where you were looking... but they might have been trying to rip someone off...

im not trying to start anything with any of this... just stating my opinions! everyone is entitled to their own... i like fwd turbos and blown fwds... but i like awd better... personal preference of course!
Old 10-18-2006, 10:01 PM

You've apparently never been right in the middle of a winter by the great lakes have you?? Ever heard of 'lake effect' snow?? Trust me... I just moved here a little bit ago from central pa... its a completely different winter up here... buffalo... which is about an hour away... just got 2 feet of snow last week... dont know if you heard? we already got a snowfall... i dont want a turbo fwd car here... nooooo way... ill stick with awd thanks...

And where did you see wrxs for 29,000 plus?? unless it had the leather package?? mine was expensive from everyone that ive talked to and i spent 26k... i dont know where you were looking... but they might have been trying to rip someone off...

im not trying to start anything with any of this... just stating my opinions! everyone is entitled to their own... i like fwd turbos and blown fwds... but i like awd better... personal preference of course!
Edmunds has a WRX w/ no options listed at 28,000. I mean IM sure you can talk both cars down, you may be able to walk away w/ an STI under 30,000. But sticker on reg WRX is 28,000+. Thats my only point. AWD is great, dont get it twisted.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:09 PM

lol ummm i live in michigan and i drive a mustang in the winter lol. i can definately see where awd would help because i have to be VERY CAREFUL in the winter.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:13 PM

Edmunds has a WRX w/ no options listed at 28,000. I mean IM sure you can talk both cars down, you may be able to walk away w/ an STI under 30,000. But sticker on reg WRX is 28,000+. Thats my only point. AWD is great, dont get it twisted.

I think you are getting your sources a little mixed up bud... check out subaru.com... $24,995... for a regular wrx... im pretty sure subaru has a better idea of its prices than edmunds... and if you can find a new 06 sti for under 30... point me in the direction please!! I've been driving subarus my whole life... thats why i like them so much... dont get me wrong... i like other cars too... but im just stuck on subies!
Old 10-18-2006, 10:15 PM

The limited package on the base wrx puts it up to 28k... make sure get your points straight before you make them... haha... jk... and anyone that pays 28k+ for a regular wrx without a limited package is as dumb as they come... haha
Old 10-18-2006, 10:22 PM

Mazdaspeed 6 thread or WRX/STI thread???

Quick Reply: SS/SC vs Speed6