War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

SS/SC vs sti and evo

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
This Thread is about Stock for Stock... Lets not stray away from that and turn this into another SS/SC vs. EVO/STi thread. The fact of the matter is From a Dig the EVO and STI will win unless the driver sucks at life. That is expected when you pay for a $35,000 AWD SPORTS CAR. From a Roll... it is a different story, It would definitely be close. And you of all people Razor, should know that SS/SC's are roll monsters.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
This Thread is about Stock for Stock... Lets not stray away from that and turn this into another SS/SC vs. EVO/STi thread. The fact of the matter is From a Dig the EVO and STI will win unless the driver sucks at life. That is expected when you pay for a $35,000 AWD SPORTS CAR. From a Roll... it is a different story, It would definitely be close. And you of all people Razor, should know that SS/SC's are roll monsters.
Bump that!
Old 11-30-2006, 12:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RAZOREXPRESS
I will also race anyone who wants to.....spank an evo.If you win thats cool ,but i'm not the average (bad) driver.i do know how to drive.

This invatation (via pm) is open to a balt with a stage 2 and the basic bolt ons(since thats the basis of this whole thread)

Like i said before im not a person that gets mad when i get beat(except maybe by a honda..lol)
2 things
1. Roll or dig
2. Do you plan on coming to WPB any time soon
If from a roll I bet 500 bucks that I beat you as long as you have a simple bolt on like exhaust, now I'm not calling out all modded evo's and sti's but the beating I gave the sti was in front of at least 100 people at a local car show he had exhaust and something else prob an intake this was from a 40 roll and I beat him by at least one car and i guarentee i will do it again. Now don't be stupid I know from a dig its not close.
Thanks
PS Did you not see the posted video of the SS beating the STI?
Old 11-30-2006, 12:18 AM

Yeah i liked that video alot. means if he can take sti's so can i!! let me find a few more modd anbd let the games begin!!
Old 11-30-2006, 12:22 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

dont proclaim that a slightly modded ss will beat a evo.
A evo 9 with a decent driver will run low 13's all day stock,
with a great driver they can run 12.8-9's stock

A ss/sc with a stage 2 and a few other mods(cai,exhaust)runs a mid 13 with a great driver.
Yeah, SS/SC can be Mid 13's with a good driver... BUT no matter how you good of an SS/SC launch it is... it's a shitty launch. Especially compared to the launching ability of the Evo. Now nobody is proclaiming to beat a Evo from a Dig. But Outside of launching, the SS/SC is a Rocket! YOU should know that... but you obviously don't. Now, i have no problem trying to find a stock 06 Evo Mr and taping a 35-120 for you. It might take me a while... but I'll try if you seriously doubt an SS/SC can beat a Stock Evo from a Roll.

OH... and I might be driving to Texas for Christmas... what part of Oklahomo (Sorry, I'm a Texas fan... even though we blew the year.) are you from? If you aren't too far away, I'm going to Texarkana... I might make the trip if you are still stock... because that is what we are talking about here. Modded SS/SC... beating a Stock Evo. Maybe we can meet in the middle... loser pays Gas money? I'll have to see if we are going though... no promises.

Last edited by USMCFieldMP; 11-30-2006 at 01:05 AM.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:26 AM
Banned

Yeah, SS/SC can be Mid 13's with a good driver... BUT no matter how you good of an SS/SC launch it is... it's a shitty launch. Especially compared to the launching ability of the Evo. Now nobody is proclaiming to beat a Evo from a Dig. But Outside of launching, the SS/SC is a Rocket! YOU should know that... but you obviously don't. Now, i have no problem trying to find a stock 06 Evo Mr and taping a 35-120 for you. It might take me a while... but I'll try if you seriously doubt an SS/SC can beat a Stock Evo from a Roll.
What makes you think your video will change his mind he watched the first video and still thinks he'd win. Whatever I retire.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:42 AM

Power to usmfieldmp dude!! let me know how it turns out!!
Old 11-30-2006, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by martinsmu
Power to usmfieldmp dude!! let me know how it turns out!!
With stage 2 i've beaten an mr from a roll, it was pretty close till high third then it was bye bye..............
Old 11-30-2006, 01:09 AM

these arguments are so fun to read through....
Old 11-30-2006, 01:12 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Originally Posted by joselo6
With stage 2 i've beaten an mr from a roll, it was pretty close till high third then it was bye bye..............
Exactly... I beat one sunday By 4+ lengths! But I'll never rule out shitty driver... just for the sake of argument.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/war-stories-54/good-day-topped-great-race-long-story-39317/
My Story, Long story, but interesting read.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by glockglade
2 things
1. Roll or dig
If from a roll I bet 500 bucks that I beat you as long as you have a simple bolt on like exhaust, now I'm not calling out all modded evo's and sti's but the beating I gave the sti was in front of at least 100 people at a local car show he had exhaust and something else prob an intake this was from a 40 roll and I beat him by at least one car and i guarentee i will do it again. Now don't be stupid I know from a dig its not close.
Thanks
He had intake and exhaust?? What kind of intake and what kind of exhaust? Some intakes hurt STOCK STI's performence and if he just had a cat-back exhaust those don't add much. Was he tuned? If this happens I might be willing to match your 500.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by god+1
Was he tuned? .
I have no idea I'm not even certain he had an intake he said something but i couldn't hear him well we were going 40 when we met up. I'm merely guessing it was an intake.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:51 AM
Banned

I have no idea I'm not even certain he had an intake he said something but i couldn't hear him well we were going 40 when we met up. I'm merely guessing it was an intake.
So you are admitting he could have been worse than stock???
Old 11-30-2006, 02:58 AM

.... how would an intake hurt an sti's performance? (serious question, ive never heard of this), also if you guys do race, post up a vid!!
Old 11-30-2006, 03:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tREBs
.... how would an intake hurt an sti's performance? (serious question, ive never heard of this), also if you guys do race, post up a vid!!
If untuned some of the intakes on the market can make the car run too lean and force the ECU to pull some timing.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:13 AM

If untuned some of the intakes on the market can make the car run too lean and force the ECU to pull some timing.
oook makes sense! what are u running?
Old 11-30-2006, 03:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tREBs
oook makes sense! what are u running?
I have a turbo back exhaust and base map tune on my STI.

I have a injen intake sitting in my room waiting to be put on once I can get it tuned, or I might just sale it. I got it for free.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:06 AM

2 things
1. Roll or dig
Thanks
I'm not going to your area any time soon(lol).I just stated that a lot of people are bad drivers,if i race you or someone like you witha similar car(mods)and you win ...cool ,i dont hold any hard feelings.If i had the money at the time i would have kept the balt i had and still bought the evo.Thats just how it is.Ive only raced a few cars with my evo(maybe 8 or so)ive been beat<and i have won also.I would kinda like to see my friend(he ahs a ss/sc with stage2& a few other mods) beat me .The balts have potential,buti like my evo 9 better.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:14 AM

Stock vs stock from a roll,the evo is on top hands down,like you said "STOCK".Yes i do know that the balts are "ROLL MONSTERS".Yeah on tod end it will be close,maybe a length or 2 difference..........That why i hardly ever raced anyone from a dig when i had mine(wheel hop&tire spin are a bitch)
Old 11-30-2006, 09:19 AM

OH... and I might be driving to Texas for Christmas... what part of Oklahomo (Sorry, I'm a Texas fan... even though we blew the year.) are you from? If you aren't too far away, I'm going to Texarkana... I might make the trip if you are still stock... because that is what we are talking about here. Modded SS/SC... beating a Stock Evo. Maybe we can meet in the middle... loser pays Gas money? I'll have to see if we are going though... no promises.
i live in sw ok,but if im still stock(if),and you come over this way then we could meet up and try it out.In okc we a decent size scene,there are a few nice balts up there to.Just pm me if you come somewhere close.........
Old 11-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Banned

I've never heard of any bolt ons hurting an evo's peformance if it's computer can't keep up with the extra 10hp maybe they should have put bigger stock injectors on there or had a computer that when diconected would re-calibrate for light bolt ons such as an intake.(I don't think any company would have made an intake for that car if it negated horsepower think about it) ...Well our intake is better than our competitors because you lose about 5 hp.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:21 PM

intake

the intake on an evo 9 is good to about the 400hp mark.They do sugjest a reflash if you install anything but a drop-in.but not a must. The stock airbox is really well designed on these cars(with the scoop).

When i installed the intake on my balt i was amazed at how restrictive it was.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Banned

the intake on an evo 9 is good to about the 400hp mark.They do sugjest a reflash if you install anything but a drop-in.but not a must. The stock airbox is really well designed on these cars(with the scoop).

When i installed the intake on my balt i was amazed at how restrictive it was.
Ditto for the STIs.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:04 PM

I've seen Balts flat stretch Evos from a high roll on the highway. I mean 60 rolls, the AWD's couldn't even jump out..
Old 11-30-2006, 10:09 PM

2 things
1. Roll or dig
Thanks
When i installed the intake on my balt i was amazed at how restrictive it was.[/QUOTE] Which car show do you go to? Is it the Thursday night Lake Worth and 441 carshow? I've only seen 4 Cobalts out there, one was blue, one was yellow, 2 red like yours, one belongs to my friend Jared, and the other belongs to some kid that said he had GM stage 2 I think. If you are down on Friday night, PM me because theres some good racing being held.

Quick Reply: SS/SC vs sti and evo