War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

ss tc vis civic si

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
ok for the record, ive never seen a cobalt SS/SC run a high 14. . . let alone a 15!!!!!on the other hand i have seen several new Si's run high 14's on good nights, usually low 15's.
Okay so what? Just because YOU'VE never seen it, it never happened? See there you go right there. Well I did happen to see it.

and why dont you do us all a favor and post some picture up of your car. cause for some reason i have a feeling its different than what you lead everyone to believe.
I don't have pictures of the car online for you to see. Sorry for the inconvenience. Feel free to continue to doubt me.

Originally Posted by JINNER44
now get off the imports dicks. we live in america.
Where more and more people are purchasing imports. (***sarcasm***)

Originally Posted by JINNER44
okay im definately used to faster cars. haha i work at a car dealership that sells lambos ferraris anything over 150k. now the si is ******* slow. it runs between 14.7-15.3 STOCK
i dont jerk off the the sc. but the stage kit makes it fast and you have to admit that.
now. with good tires the tc STOCK ran a 13.665
thats a hell of alot faster than an si.
the si is ****** slow
the sc STOCK is slow
the stage 2 sc is decent
the tc has potential.
I have nothing to disagree with here. They are all sport compacts with their pros and cons. We can just leave it at that.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxVQ35DE
this is america god damn it, if it doesnt make any torque, set it on fire
haha i love it !!!

Anyways, Beefy boy .... the SS/SC's you've seen that in 15's are because of a combination of two things .... 1. a bad driver and 2. nooo traction. You don't have traction problems because the Si makes no torque. The SS/SC has a rediculous 1st gear along with 190-200 lb-ft wtq. if you could hook up a stock SS/SC and get a decent 60' they are a low 14 sec car stock. Only the best drivers can get Si's into the high 14's stock.

Originally Posted by beefy Si

I have nothing to disagree with here. They are all sport compacts with their pros and cons. We can just leave it at that.
Then leave it there and stop bein butt hurt about the Si and we will all leave this topic alone.

Last edited by Staged07SS; 04-21-2009 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-21-2009, 03:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i had this race with my friend thats been begging me to race him and as have i cause i wanted to woop him.. he has a brand new exactly the same as this vid new si ..in my ss/sc.. we went from a dig .i gave him a 3 car head start..well lets just say i should have given him at least a 10 car start.. (although everyone also knows him as a really bad driver lol) and i spun all of first gear too man that was a lawl race ..came back all our friends were like uhhh we thought the si would take u and i was like are u serious guys lol c'mon lol
Old 04-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Please refer to page 10 after you rethink your age please.

No. You think I came on here to praise them? Wrong, I came on here to open up some of your eyes because they are a little blury. It's okay everyone has a different perspective as to what is fast/slow. Obviously. But if you want to compare a stock or lightly modded SS/SC to a stock or lightly modded Si, it is clearly not a big difference in drag times or "speed competitions". You go to the track and you will see BOTH of these cars on average running mid-high 14 second times. Some SCs that go can't break out of the 15s! Same goes for the Si. I've seen alot of this trust me. But you wouldn't DARE call the SS/SC slow. Yet you won't hesitate to jump on the Si and call it "f**** slow as hell". It doesn't make any sense. It doesn't take a mishift or a terrible for the SS/SC to lose to one. Jesus you guys are so misguided and close minded it's insane.

I'm not close minded, because I know what my car did and will still do to an Si.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:50 PM

Okay so what? Just because YOU'VE never seen it, it never happened? See there you go right there. Well I did happen to see it.

I don't have pictures of the car online for you to see. Sorry for the inconvenience. Feel free to continue to doubt me.
Will do!

Where more and more people are purchasing imports. (***sarcasm***)
And thats why there are a bunch more Rice Rocket dumbasses rolling around in Si's thinking they are the uber ****.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Staged07SS
Only the best drivers can get Si's into the high 14's stock.
3 years ago I saw a Si run a 15.8 spinning terribly and bogging out right into 2nd gear, on it's first run.. 14.89 on the second run. I went to check the car out. Not a single modification. It still had the factory installed Michelin all seasons on there.

Originally Posted by eurochevy
i had this race with my friend thats been begging me to race him and as have i cause i wanted to woop him.. he has a brand new exactly the same as this vid new si ..in my ss/sc.. we went from a dig .i gave him a 3 car head start..well lets just say i should have given him at least a 10 car start.. (although everyone also knows him as a really bad driver lol) and i spun all of first gear too man that was a lawl race ..came back all our friends were like uhhh we thought the si would take u and i was like are u serious guys lol c'mon lol
Def a thumbs down for him. Haha.

[/B]

I'm not close minded, because I know what my car did and will still do to an Si.
I'm glad, even though I wasn't singling YOU out. I'm still glad you're Stage 2 or 3 Supercharged Cobalt and beat a 8th gen Civic Si.

And thats why there are a bunch more Rice Rocket dumbasses rolling around in Si's thinking they are the uber ****.
That can be said about Cobalts or any other car. Knock it off.

Last edited by beefy Si; 04-21-2009 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-21-2009, 04:04 PM

3 years ago I saw a Si run a 15.8 spinning terribly and bogging out right into 2nd gear, on it's first run.. 14.89 on the second run. I went to check the car out. Not a single modification. It still had the factory installed Michelin all seasons on there.
Beefy i find that extremely hard to believe, if he did that bad his first run, he obviously isnt a great driver at all, and then for him to turn around and run a full second faster? he musta take a few lessons from John Force between runs cause even running some of my worst 60's i've never been a full second slower than my best run.

I call BS.

That can be said about Cobalts or any other car dude. Stop.
Just Stop before you fall even further behind.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:19 PM

Beefy i find that extremely hard to believe, if he did that bad his first run, he obviously isnt a great driver at all, and then for him to turn around and run a full second faster? he musta take a few lessons from John Force between runs cause even running some of my worst 60's i've never been a full second slower than my best run.

I call BS.
You don't go to the strip much do you? If you don't think it's possible for somebody to have a bad first run and then turn around and do very well their next run, you do not have much experience with racing OR spectating at an actual dragstrip. Hell I've seen a Viper R/T10 run a 13.1. Terrible run. Next time up....a mid 11. Call BS all you want but maybe you should stop street racing and get out to an event.

Not sure how I'm doing that. You said it as if there were only people in Sis thinking they are the "uber ****". I simply stated there are plenty of people in other cars including Cobalt SSs, that do the same thing.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:20 PM

Beefy, I came from an Si (09 Sedan with the All-Season Tires). I must say, the Cobalt in all aspects is greater than the Si (minus heritage, depreciation value and bland interior looks). The TC out accelerates, out corners, brakes quicker and is more responsive than any Si (even with the summer tires - my buddy has summer tires on his)

Giving credit where due though fellas - for the K20A to make 197hp from a 2.0L engine is an engineering marvel! Look at our 2.2's making 170hp. Both cars are great in their aspects, just certain aspects are greater than others.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by wantedSS/TC
Giving credit where due though fellas - for the K20A to make 197hp from a 2.0L engine is an engineering marvel! Look at our 2.2's making 170hp. Both cars are great in their aspects, just certain aspects are greater than others.
It's a K20Z3 to be exact haha. The K is a marvelous engine I must say. Too bad their transmissions aren't very strong. (Compared to a B or D series trans at least) Like I stated before the 2.2 K series that the MRR has is rated at 240...N/A. Not too shabby. I'm curious as to what it puts out on the dyno.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:26 PM

It's a K20Z3 to be exact haha. The K is a marvelous engine I must say. Too bad their transmissions aren't very strong. (Compared to a B or D series trans at least) Like I stated before the 2.2 K series that the MRR has is rated at 240...N/A. Not too shabby.
Yeah yeah .... haha .... I did have some problems with my transmission and I only had 7500 miles on the si. 3rd gear was starting to grind and was only a matte of time before it popped out like the rest of the si's!
Old 04-21-2009, 04:43 PM

You don't go to the strip much do you? If you don't think it's possible for somebody to have a bad first run and then turn around and do very well their next run, you do not have much experience with racing OR spectating at an actual dragstrip. Hell I've seen a Viper R/T10 run a 13.1. Terrible run. Next time up....a mid 11. Call BS all you want but maybe you should stop street racing and get out to an event.
Ok on this one i will say you are partially right, for a car with 400+rwtq it is possible to totally botch a launch and get a full second faster on a better run or even better.

But not a car with sub 200 ftlbs. plain and simple. Unless of coarse his first run he dropped the clutch at like 6500rpms. which in that case he did it on purpose to try and trick some people into thinking it was slower than it really was.

With a competent driver it is nearly almost impossible to botch a launch so bad that you run a full second slower. Especially like i said before when its a car with 130ftlbs.

And for the record, i goto the Track 2-3 times a month for an entire night.

I havent street raced in about 3 months and only probably get about 3-4 street races a year as i dont enjoy getting reckless driving tickets.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Def a thumbs down for him. Haha.

I'm glad, even though I wasn't singling YOU out. I'm still glad you're Stage 2 or 3 Supercharged Cobalt and beat a 8th gen Civic Si.

That can be said about Cobalts or any other car. Knock it off.

Noo, I was stage nothing and beating 8th gen civics .... and when i say beat it wasnt even a race ... maybe there is a rare fast 8th gen here or there but 95% of them will not keep up with a stock SS/SC

Don't think it takes what I have to beat a 8th gen civic .... The Si is not competition for a SS/SC or SS/TC sorry ....
Old 04-21-2009, 07:31 PM

I call BS.

I went to the Track Friday. Ran a 15.0 one run and turned around and ran a 14.3 the next run. With slow cars like mine, traction can make a big difference in your ET. ****, with fast cars it's no different.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by SS4ME
I went to the Track Friday. Ran a 15.0 one run and turned around and ran a 14.3 the next run. With slow cars like mine, traction can make a big difference in your ET. ****, with fast cars it's no different.
ok thats .7

dude was claiming a full second. And my point was, if you were a bad of enough driver to run a 15.8, then i dont think you will 'LEARN' how to drive well enough after just one run to pull just about the fastest time for a Stock SI possible a 14.8.

It'd be more like you saying you ran a 14.9 and then turned around and nailed a 13.9 in a bone stock SS/SC.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:35 PM

Noo, I was stage nothing and beating 8th gen civics .... and when i say beat it wasnt even a race ... maybe there is a rare fast 8th gen here or there but 95% of them will not keep up with a stock SS/SC

Don't think it takes what I have to beat a 8th gen civic .... The Si is not competition for a SS/SC or SS/TC sorry ....
From what I've seen numerous times the Civic Si can hold it's own against a SS/SC. So you really can't tell me otherwise. There have been runs from stock Sis faster than 14.9 by the way. Never once did I say the Cobalt would lose every time, but these cars are NOT far from eachother in the 1/4...at all. The SS/TC however is alot quicker than a Si and SC. You all act like the SC is WAAAY faster....it's really not. Sorry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgvAU...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTKXcVJUVRg

I tried to be civil about it. I tried to fix some misguidance and sort out the misinformation. But it seems that you Cobalt lovers are all too stubborn and may just love your cars a littttle too much to have your names on the title. I don't care what any of you may think, but calling a car that is just a tad slower than yours "really f****ng slow" while thinking too highly of yours, is simply ridiculous and immature. I can't really put it any other way. Good luck guys!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:56 PM

I tried to be civil about it. I tried to fix some misguidance and sort out the misinformation. But it seems that you Cobalt lovers are all too stubborn and may just love your cars a littttle too much to have your names on the title. I don't care what any of you may think, but calling a car that is just a tad slower than yours "really f****ng slow" while thinking too highly of yours, is simply ridiculous and immature. I can't really put it any other way. Good luck guys!

now thats directed to me. i said they are ****** slow. but the funny thing is my car is more than a tad faster than an si. 1-1.5 seconds is a shitload of difference dude.

plus the first video the cobalt wins by .45
the second video is retarted. thats def not a stage three. the stage to would beat an si with those mods. not kill. but would win from a roll. PLUS i was talking stock vs stock. not mod vs mod. thats a completely different story. the closest i said to mod vs mod was a stage 2 vs stock si.

Last edited by JINNER44; 04-21-2009 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-22-2009, 12:10 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

From what I've seen numerous times the Civic Si can hold it's own against a SS/SC. So you really can't tell me otherwise. There have been runs from stock Sis faster than 14.9 by the way. Never once did I say the Cobalt would lose every time, but these cars are NOT far from eachother in the 1/4...at all. The SS/TC however is alot quicker than a Si and SC. You all act like the SC is WAAAY faster....it's really not. Sorry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgvAU...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTKXcVJUVRg

Sorry .... but mine always was wayyy faster than Si's when it was stock Now it wouldnt even be funny what I would do to one. I wish you saw what a stock SS/SC could really do to your lovely Honda.

You should prob. just leave this site, because you didn't come on here with the intentions you state. You came on here to try and talk up Si's and make them look like they can actaually hang with SS/SC's and SS/TC's .... Then you start battles with my car is faster than your car. Every thread you have been in has ended up or started this way. Please take your trolling else where and leave. Also, send the message to your Honda fan boys that an SS/TC will eat them alive along with the SS/SC's that you think are soo slow. Don't be soo upset that our little Chevys can wipe the floor with your almighty Honda's. Good bye !
Old 04-22-2009, 07:27 AM

side note, raped an RSX-S last night.... 5 cars to 90
Old 04-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MaxVQ35DE
side note, raped an RSX-S last night.... 5 cars to 90
Very nice .... P.S. love the sig
Old 04-22-2009, 08:55 AM

Sorry .... but mine always was wayyy faster than Si's when it was stock Now it wouldnt even be funny what I would do to one.
No, it wasn't. YOU were just faster than the other driver. The car itself is not much faster at all.

I wish you saw what a stock SS/SC could really do to your lovely Honda.
When you say lovely Honda do you mean the 8th gen Si....or MY Honda? There is a huge margin there.

You should prob. just leave this site, because you didn't come on here with the intentions you state. You came on here to try and talk up Si's and make them look like they can actaually hang with SS/SC's and SS/TC's .... Then you start battles with my car is faster than your car. Every thread you have been in has ended up or started this way. Please take your trolling else where and leave. Also, send the message to your Honda fan boys that an SS/TC will eat them alive along with the SS/SC's that you think are soo slow. Don't be soo upset that our little Chevys can wipe the floor with your almighty Honda's. Good bye !
I did come on here with the intentions I stated, you just fail to see it. I don't have any Honda "fan boys" I have a couple close friends that build fast cars, that happen to own fast Hondas. I can assure you that neither the SS/TC or the SS/SC would touch their cars or the cars they build, unless heavily, yes, HEAVILY modified/built. Get your head out of your ass. ALL stock Cobalts are slow. TCs AND SCs. ALL stock Hondas are slow too. I already realize this. And generally speaking, just in case you missed it big guy, the Si AND the SS/SC are EQUALLY slow in my eyes and everyone else at the strip that sees them run. Your little Chevys need forced induction to BARELY beat a N/A Civic. And that's pretty sad. So your little Chevys get no respect from me, especially when they haul idiots like you around. Buh buh bye!
Old 04-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

No, it wasn't. YOU were just faster than the other driver. The car itself is not much faster at all.

When you say lovely Honda do you mean the 8th gen Si....or MY Honda? There is a huge margin there.

I did come on here with the intentions I stated, you just fail to see it. I don't have any Honda "fan boys" I have a couple close friends that build fast cars, that happen to own fast Hondas. I can assure you that neither the SS/TC or the SS/SC would touch their cars or the cars they build, unless heavily, yes, HEAVILY modified/built. Get your head out of your ass. ALL stock Cobalts are slow. TCs AND SCs. ALL stock Hondas are slow too. I already realize this. And generally speaking, just in case you missed it big guy, the Si AND the SS/SC are EQUALLY slow in my eyes and everyone else at the strip that sees them run. Your little Chevys need forced induction to BARELY beat a N/A Civic. And that's pretty sad. So your little Chevys get no respect from me, especially when they haul idiots like you around. Buh buh bye!

hahaha ok .... you are still wrong !!!! hmmm the fastest stock SS/SC in the 1/4 so far was a 14.0 .... the fastest stock civic si I have ever seen in the 1/4 was maybe 14.6-14.8 sec. That's a big diff. sorry. civics fail. always have always will.

My head isn't in my ass, I just know my car will destroy an Si

Typical Honda statement .... your car needs forced induction to beat my N/A car haha.

You and your rice will never get respect from me because they haul douche bags like you around. Part of the problem with why american car owners hate Japanese car owners is not do to the car its self, but do to the one driving the car. You all think your high revin rice burners are the ****. Please leave this site already no one wants to hear about you and your Si.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:07 AM

my old car beat cars that beat cars that beat Si's high revving-look fast-p.o.s =]
Old 04-22-2009, 09:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Si's are FI away from being the car out on the market.

AND I seriously mean that, but until Honda FI's them

They will be Civic sighs to me.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:21 AM

hahaha ok .... you are still wrong !!!! hmmm the fastest stock SS/SC in the 1/4 so far was a 14.0 .... the fastest stock civic si I have ever seen in the 1/4 was maybe 14.6-14.8 sec. That's a big diff. sorry. civics fail. always have always will.
Fastest SC so far was a 14.0 right? Wow look how much FASTER the fastest Cobalt SS/SC yet is than this 100% stock Civic! vvvv

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/autoc...le-thread.html

Please, don't even give me that "I think my car is the ****" BS. The OP raced a Civic and everyone started talking mad crap about how Hondas can't touch any Cobalt SSs and this and that. So don't even start. Most of the threads on here are Cobalt owner's talking all big because they beat another car in a streetrace. It makes you so damn cool when you do that so keep on doing it! Yea!

Originally Posted by widowedeight
yeah my like i said my boys rsx-s hung with all of the ss/sc's that were stock that i ran with....... ALL OF US CAN DRIVE my boy in the rsx-s ran 14.2 @ 98 STOCK but he is an amazing driver...... ran 12.9 in his 07wrx with just tbe...... but good compatition breeds good drivers imo cause i am def an amazing driver now cause i had to hang with their cars lol
Nobody argued this post above, but as soon as I say it, everyone jumps on me and says I'm wrong? Haha you guys.

My head isn't in my ass, I just know my car will destroy an Si. Typical Honda statement .... your car needs forced induction to beat my N/A car haha.
Judging by your predictable posts, your head is still lodged up there. And yes, I still think it's sad mainly because everyone is bragging about it. It's NOTHING special. Your Chevys don't impress me. They never have, never will.

Quick Reply: ss tc vis civic si