War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

ss tc vis civic si

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dood, you keep thinking he's gonna listen.... give up already he has his honda jack ass ears on... he only understands vtak babay'
Old 04-23-2009, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by SS4ME
All right, now you're being a dick. To break the news to you, I also spend plenty of time at the track and it may be true that the fast guys don't have much respect for Cobalts but you should hear the mad **** the non-Honda fast guys say about you dorks running around in your little rice grinding girl cars, whether they are fast or not.
I'm only a dick when somebody is a dick to me. About the non-Honda fast guys, I hang out with tons of "non-Honda fast guys" at the track as well as other places. We all get along great and have an awesome time. I respect anyone that knows how to build a fast car and has respect for other people. It's ashame you have to associate yourself with the crowd that talks sh*t about other cars without even knowing the person or how hard they worked on them. Even if they are slow. Hondas or not. I go to the track for fun. I don't associate myself with the types you speak of. I know they are out there. There are TONS on here. Every make has the people who talk lots of smack, or the posers, ricers, whatever you want to call them. I can't possibly be offended when you guys call me a ricer. it's typical Honda hating, without even seeing my car or knowing me personally...I'de say you are all way off.

Originally Posted by Terminator2
The point is with your average driver they run 15s all day long. Just like there have been stock TC Cobalts that ran 13.5- 13.6 but with a normal driver and conditions most run high 13s to low 14s.
Just because the driver sucks doesn't mean the car isn't capable of running a far better time. Again, that's what I was implying. Can any of you agree with that? If so then this discussion is over.

Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS
Dood, you keep thinking he's gonna listen.... give up already he has his honda jack ass ears on... he only understands vtak babay'
I'm pretty sure it was many of you that were failing to listen to what I was trying to say, thus continuing to make a big stink of it. Resorting to the name calling and Honda bashing which I could really care less about. It's kind of funny actually.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:42 PM

Whats funny is that I came in here defending civics...
You can hate on the balt all you want, but I will record the race between my tuned lnf and my buddies bolted tuned si.... get ready to cry.

Last edited by SuperchargedSS; 04-23-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by beefy Si
I'm only a dick when somebody is a dick to me. About the non-Honda fast guys, I hang out with tons of "non-Honda fast guys" at the track as well as other places. We all get along great and have an awesome time. I respect anyone that knows how to build a fast car and has respect for other people. It's ashame you have to associate yourself with the crowd that talks sh*t about other cars without even knowing the person or how hard they worked on them. Even if they are slow. Hondas or not. I go to the track for fun. I don't associate myself with the types you speak of. I know they are out there. There are TONS on here. Every make has the people who talk lots of smack, or the posers, ricers, whatever you want to call them. I can't possibly be offended when you guys call me a ricer. it's typical Honda hating, without even seeing my car or knowing me personally...I'de say you are all way off.
Well considering you did resort to digs on the Cobalt itself, saying you and all the guys you see at the track have no respect for Cobalts and never will. What do you think the extreme Cobalt lover is going to do? Instead of bashing the SS/SC or the SS/TC which you have, maybe you should bash the idiotic owners themselves. In a sense when you say you have no respect for Cobalts and never will, people see it as you have no respect for people who spent their hard earned money on their Cobalt. Flame wars will always insue.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:05 PM

You can hate on the balt all you want, but I will record the race between my tuned lnf and my buddies bolted tuned si.... get ready to cry.
Cool. Yea, don't waste your time. I wouldn't care about the video.

Well considering you did resort to digs on the Cobalt itself, saying you and all the guys you see at the track have no respect for Cobalts and never will. What do you think the extreme Cobalt lover is going to do? Instead of bashing the SS/SC or the SS/TC which you have, maybe you should bash the idiotic owners themselves. In a sense when you say you have no respect for Cobalts and never will, people see it as you have no respect for people who spent their hard earned money on their Cobalt. Flame wars will always insue.
your little Chevys get no respect from me, especially when they haul idiots like you around.
What I meant is that I don't respect a Cobalt that is driven by somebody who is an arrogant *******, claiming that a car that is ALMOST as slow as their own, they will wipe the floor with them, talking all this ****...which many of you have before I even came in this thread and you know it.. Take out the word "especially". It wasn't meant to be in there. That goes for anybody and their car. Got it? It's not like you guys don't bash tons of other cars that aren't Cobalts, so don't be so damn hypocrytical.

Last edited by beefy Si; 04-23-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:20 PM

I never made that last quote, get my name outta there civic bitch :P
Old 04-23-2009, 03:55 PM

I never made that last quote, get my name outta there civic bitch
Ooh Civic bitch. Nice
Old 04-23-2009, 04:04 PM

What I meant is that I don't respect a Cobalt that is driven by somebody who is an arrogant *******, claiming that a car that is ALMOST as slow as their own, they will wipe the floor with them, talking all this ****...which many of you have before I even came in this thread and you know it.. Take out the word "especially". It wasn't meant to be in there. That goes for anybody and their car. Got it? It's not like you guys don't bash tons of other cars that aren't Cobalts, so don't be so damn hypocrytical.
Well I generally don't bash cars unless they are a Yugo. I do have respect for most cars on the road, it's the asshats in them that annoy me. You may have misunderstood my about the crack about your car. That's truely not my feelings towards it. It's just what I hear at the track, especially from non-import people. Hey you got to understand that in every forum I frequent, bashing is going on everywhere. Check out 8th Civic.com if you want to see some ignorance. Talk about people being high and mighty about there cars. If they can't beat it, it always goes back to the other car being a POS regardless. Oh, unless it's a Honda Accord or something within the family.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:13 PM

Well I generally don't bash cars unless they are a Yugo. I do have respect for most cars on the road, it's the asshats in them that annoy me. You may have misunderstood my about the crack about your car. That's truely not my feelings towards it. It's just what I hear at the track, especially from non-import people. Hey you got to understand that in every forum I frequent, bashing is going on everywhere. Check out 8th Civic.com if you want to see some ignorance. Talk about people being high and mighty about there cars. If they can't beat it, it always goes back to the other car being a POS regardless. Oh, unless it's a Honda Accord or something within the family.
Can't argue that. I don't frequent that forum but like you said it happens everywhere.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:25 PM

Can't argue that. I don't frequent that forum but like you said it happens everywhere.
In the past couple of month, it has gotten better on 8th. Moderation has improved plus they lock any street-racing threads now. It used to be brutal. Threads about how their stock Si's were crushing SS/SC's by buslengths and could never lose, just like here but Honda fanboys tend to be rabid and they stick together. There was rarely an owner of an Si with a moderating voice and when there was, holy hell would descend upon them from their own mates. It was sad but in the same breath a little entertaining. 8th.com has become a fairly boring place lately and when a track drag-race occurs between an SS/SC or now the SS/TC, the threads get locked fairly quick due to the typical BS.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:29 PM

In the past couple of month, it has gotten better on 8th. Moderation has improved plus they lock any street-racing threads now. It used to be brutal. Threads about how their stock Si's were crushing SS/SC's by buslengths and could never lose, just like here but Honda fanboys tend to be rabid and they stick together. There was rarely an owner of an Si with a moderating voice and when there was, holy hell would descend upon them from their own mates. It was sad but in the same breath a little entertaining. 8th.com has become a fairly boring place lately and when a track drag-race occurs between an SS/SC or now the SS/TC, the threads get locked fairly quick due to the typical BS.
Haha, I would like to scan through a couple of those threads. I would have to get in there and help clean up that mess. I can infiltrate under the name of, "beefy SS" On a serious note I have no problem putting a cocky Honda owner in their place, as long as he isn't gangsta enough to shoot me or call his boyz in da hood.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:37 PM

Haha, I would like to scan through a couple of those threads. I would have to get in there and help clean up that mess. I can infiltrate under the name of, "beefy SS" On a serious note I have no problem putting a Honda owner in their place if they are acting out of line.
It might be tough, if I remember correctly, the last Si vs. SS/TC thread was deleted it was so full of nonsense. Give it time, there will be more. It don't post there btw, I just observe and laugh.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:37 PM

Cool. Yea, don't waste your time. I wouldn't care about the video.
Its one of me riding the pedal and him putting a bus length on me tho...You could post that and be a hero over on the civic forums.... yo!
Old 04-23-2009, 05:11 PM

Its one of me riding the pedal and him putting a bus length on me tho...You could post that and be a hero over on the civic forums.... yo!
No that's okay. Thanks though.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Banned

Good lord. I had always heard that a lot of good members have left this site and went else where because of all of the useless BS that goes on in this place. And it's not just one person either (in this thread's case). Today was really slow at work and I was able to read EVERY comment in here, and no offense to SS owners (because I am one too), but almost every response towards beefy Si is just another SS owner telling them how Civic's are gay and how no Civic can compare to a SS/SC or other useless fodder.

Last time I checked, I love cars and wanted to learn more about cars (because I am man enough to admit that I don't know nearly enough of what I eventually want to) so I joined this site because at first glance, it seemed like a great place to talk about cars and to learn more about mine. But after being here for a couple months now, all that I can see is a bunch of guys yelling back and forth to each other about how "better my car is" or "my car can walk you" and other pointless ****.

Seriously guys, GROW THE F*CK UP. So a video got posted of a SC beating a Civic. Sweet! Is this all that is important to you guys? Unbelievable....

And furthermore, FROM THE START, beefy Si never joined here to start crap with anyone (and what I mean by starting crap, he was only giving his opinion on subjects... never him saying that Cobalt's could get walked all over by Civic's). Anyone with half of a brain could see that he was mearly pointing out that he's seen Civic's driven better than what was witnessed in the posted video. He also pointed out that he is a Nissan guy that used to own a Civic (correct?). So get off his ass guys. This is a car forum where everyone should be able to at least be able to act civil towards each other, but sadly, that can't even be accomplished anymore. Truly pathetic...

Last edited by gr3y_f0x_n1nja; 04-23-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by gr3y_f0x_n1nja
Good lord. I had always heard that a lot of good members have left this site and went else where because of all of the useless BS that goes on in this place. And it's not just one person either (in this thread's case). Today was really slow at work and I was able to read EVERY comment in here, and no offense to SS owners (because I am one too), but almost every response towards beefy Si is just another SS owner telling them how Civic's are gay and how no Civic can compare to a SS/SC or other useless fodder.

Last time I checked, I love cars and wanted to learn more about cars (because I am man enough to admit that I don't know nearly enough of what I eventually want to) so I joined this site because at first glance, it seemed like a great place to talk about cars and to learn more about mine. But after being here for a couple months now, all that I can see is a bunch of guys yelling back and forth to each other about how "better my car is" or "my car can walk you" and other pointless ****.

Seriously guys, GROW THE F*CK UP. So a video got posted of a SC beating a Civic. Sweet! Is this all that is important to you guys? Unbelievable....

And furthermore, FROM THE START, beefy Si never joined here to start crap with anyone (and what I mean my starting crap, he was only giving his opinion on subjects... never him saying that Cobalt's could get walked all over by Civic's). Anyone with half of a brain could see that he was mearly pointing out that he's seen Civic's driven better than what was witnessed in the posted video. He also pointed out that he is a Nissan guy that used to own a Civic (correct?). So get off his ass guys. This is a car forum where everyone should be able to at least be able to act civil towards each other, but sadly, that can't even be accomplished anymore. Truly pathetic...
just so u no its a tc beating an si. not a s/c... but i agree. the only reason i got mad is cuz he started to quote me and make accusations. i said

the si is ****** slow
the sc STOCK is slow
the stage 2 sc is decent
the tc has potential.

those are fair because they are true
Old 04-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JINNER44
just so u no its a tc beating an si. not a s/c... but i agree. the only reason i got mad is cuz he started to quote me and make accusations. i said

the si is ------ slow
the sc STOCK is slow
the stage 2 sc is decent
the tc has potential.

those are fair because they are true
Yeah, sorry, I didn't realize I put SC, but that's still irrelevant. I just hate to see how any topic around here can carelessly get cluttered up with useless crap that, at the end of the day, accomplishes NOTHING. Can't we all just get along?

And yes, I agree with what you posted.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by gr3y_f0x_n1nja
Yeah, sorry, I didn't realize I put SC, but that's still irrelevant. I just hate to see how any topic around here can carelessly get cluttered up with useless crap that, at the end of the day, accomplishes NOTHING. Can't we all just get along?

And yes, I agree with what you posted.
haha i tried it didnt work. im done posting on here unless some one tries to mis quote or come at my neck. haha
Old 04-23-2009, 11:31 PM

Thank you gr3y_f0x_n1nja for the support. Everything you said is as accurate as it can possibly be. I apologize if I truly offended anybody on here with some of my responses to the criticism. It was not my intention. I just ask that some of you be a little more respectful next time.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:37 AM

the fact that the camera car and tc were sandbagging and then still pulled busses, clearly illustrates the point......