War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

ss tc vis civic si

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=M1kl0;3731018]
Originally Posted by Terminator2
is it cause he was lighter than me? i was driving my ss/tc btw
Yes...it is. Haha.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by M1kl0

ya. we laugh now, but believe it or not, my ass was handed to me by a stock ls vtec civic hatch, the "bubbles", according to that one ***, and he beat me by a car and a half on the 1/8 mile. im a good driver and we were both spining tire through first. is it cause he was lighter than me? i was driving my ss/tc btw
Depending on the diet the HB went on, that is totally believable. Those things can be nasty with a moddest amount of hp.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:30 PM

lets see here, carry the invisible y..........multiply by si..........hmm.......*squeals slightly*........divide by pi......*mumbles*.........add the rofl......

i got it

X = undefined!

you my friend are correct
Old 04-14-2009, 03:11 PM

Maybe I am one of the few that like the new civic's, they are pretty well built. Once again it's the owners not the car causing the problems for me on the road with their fly bys, thumbs down etc.... I feel sorry for that car and for what it has suffered at the hands of the almighty ricer.... One of my best friends drives a boosted sohc sedan civic and it runs high 13's. He's a great driver. When I was meeting other people in his honda crowd they had nothing but insults for my old sc. I mean I know a lot about honda's, their engines, and whatnot, but what I have found is that a majority of honda ricers who call out other cars that are much faster, know nothing about cars outside the honda realm. Thats the problem, lack of knowledge and too many honda fanbois, talking to honda fanbois. They have been inbreeding for over a decade now and stupidity that is surfacing as a result is boggling..

It only makes the looks on their sideways visor wearing heads all that much more funny when you dissapear. I had a H22A N/A Lude' call me out and talk crap this week end. He was claiming 300whp+ with bolt ons no engine work etc... I said my LNF is stock with a tune. Needless to say the tuned LNF brought home the win, and the prelude driver went on about clutch slippage and bald tires etc ect. He wanted to run from a ricer roll and I told him to pound salt it would have been worse. Its the drivers, not the car.

BTW this race is a reality check for all those who think they "Pwn" in a stock Si. You should see what happens when the LNF has a tune..... its almost like they arent racing, you get away that fast (Im not suprised, but hell, they are the ones who come asking for it, I am only giving them their satifaction..)

Last edited by SuperchargedSS; 04-14-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS
Maybe I am one of the few that like the new civic's, they are pretty well built. Once again it's the owners not the car causing the problems for me on the road with their fly bys, thumbs down etc.... I feel sorry of that car and for what it has suffered at the hands of the almighty ricer.... One of my best friends drives a boosted sohc sedan civic and it runs high 13's. He's a great driver. When I was meeting other people in his honda crowd they had nothing but insults for my old sc. I mean I know a lot about honda's, their engines, and whatnot, but what I have found is that a majority of honda ricers who call out other cars that are much faster, know nothing about cars outside the honda realm. Thats the problem, lack of knowledge and too many honda fanbois, talking to honda fanbois. They have been inbreeding for over a decade now and stupidity that is surfacing as a r

It only makes the looks on their sideways visor wearing heads all that much more funny when you dissapear.
I agree completely.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS
I had a H22A N/A Lude' call me out and talk crap this week end. He was claiming 300whp+ with bolt ons no engine work etc... I said my LNF is stock with a tune. Needless to say the tuned LNF brought home the win
i had a k20 swapped bubble call me out with intake header exhaust and hondata....... side by side til 125...... this is with my current tune........ he was shocked i wansn't..... i know what a k20 can do..... he had no idea what an lnf could do with just a tune..... he knows now tie ftw..... gotta love the k20 attached to something that weighs like nothing
Old 04-14-2009, 04:21 PM

K20 is a feat of engineering. I love that engine, I just hate where it makes it's power.
Its also very pricy to do them up right N/A builds are sooooo expensive.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by beefy Si
I agree completely.
Did you read the article? The SS/SC is a little better on a road-coarse then you thought I'm gathering.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by SS4ME
Did you read the article? The SS/SC is a little better on a road-coarse then you thought I'm gathering.
actually it says the si sucked.... the gti was ok...... and the sc was the best of the group.....
Old 04-14-2009, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by widowedeight
actually it says the si sucked.... the gti was ok...... and the sc was the best of the group.....
In so many words. I read the article too. I'm not going to say the Si sucks because it is a nice piece of engineering. If the 8th Civic was around when the SS/SC was released, I may have had a harder decision to make.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:38 AM

ur moms better on the road course when im riding her.

i plan on buying me a crx and dropping in a k20. opinions? bubbles are too mediocre and crx's are lighter than bubbles.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:58 AM

i plan on buying me a crx and dropping in a k20. opinions? bubbles are too mediocre and crx's are lighter than bubbles.
Oh that was witty. I swear some your ***** are just retarded!
Old 04-15-2009, 11:00 AM

Ok, A Video of a slower car being beaten by a faster car...
Old 04-15-2009, 12:14 PM

What will you be using it for? And which K20 are you looking at? I'm assuming you want a drag setup. If that's the case I'de go the K24 route. If you do that make sure you so the Integra suspension swap. (knuckles, arms, lines, everything) That way you can run larger brakes. You will need them. If you want to do that swap properly you better have some money, and it wouldn't hurt to have a buddy that can fabricate.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:39 PM

^^^Typical Honda guy who talks out of his ass and when called out on his "facts" with actual proof, he tucks his tail between his legs and runs?
Old 04-15-2009, 01:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by widowedeight
rofl si + x = fast

.... solve for x lol
x = boost

There's an RSX running 11's and actually there's one hitting 10's(Possibly 9's) in Puerto Rico although he's raced in the States, full interior btw. I'm not trying to have a vid or timeslip war... but come on... they can be fast. Don't be ridiculous.

Last edited by Zander916; 04-15-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Zander916
x = boost

There's an RSX running 11's and actually there's one hitting 10's(Possibly 9's) in Puerto Rico although he's raced in the States, full interior btw. I'm not trying to have a vid or timeslip war... but come on... they can be fast. Don't be ridiculous.
Yes but it is funny to poke fun at them. NA they are honestly pathetic. I used to drive my dads S2000 around and unless you drove it like you stole it it was sluggish at best, great gearbox though. Anything turboed will be a ton faster than NA.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:18 PM

NA they are honestly pathetic.
X2
Old 04-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sarvoth
I get really ******* sick of seeing every other reply to video posts bitch about roll racing.

When it comes to street racing rolls are the usual. Rolls show which car pulls harder. A dig is a good indicator of launch ability and the driver. A real race includes both turns left and right yet people don't go around bashing on drag races consistently.

The 3rd gear 40 hit was pretty funny...
What?

Roll Racing is a joke!
If we all roll race then we are just going on car "A"'s sweet spot or car "B"'s sweet spot.

coming from a Dig is actual racing to see what the driver can do (which you stated) and not what the car can do. Which is the true defenition of racing.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by 2WILD4U
kick his ass!!!!!!
only once??? such restraint .......
Old 04-15-2009, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by wardzach2007
What?

Roll Racing is a joke!
If we all roll race then we are just going on car "A"'s sweet spot or car "B"'s sweet spot.

coming from a Dig is actual racing to see what the driver can do (which you stated) and not what the car can do. Which is the true defenition of racing.
i agree!
Old 04-15-2009, 05:43 PM

^^^Typical Honda guy who talks out of his ass and when called out on his "facts" with actual proof, he tucks his tail between his legs and runs?
I'm sorry? I'm far from a typical Honda guy. I've owned and enjoyed other cars. I just stated that there was a skidpad and slalom test that resulted in a Civic Si overtaking a SS/SC. That's all I said. There was also an all around performance article where the Si won over the GTI. No I will not look for it again. If that makes you mad I don't care. I've driven both cars and with no bias involved I would pick the 8g Si sedan. Sure I like torque, but the Si just felt like a more solid and nimble car. It was just funner to drive.

Yes but it is funny to poke fun at them. NA they are honestly pathetic. I used to drive my dads S2000 around and unless you drove it like you stole it it was sluggish at best, great gearbox though. Anything turboed will be a ton faster than NA.
Not sure I agree with that since every other stock 4cyl sport compact needs FI to be where they are....quick. Hondas can be quick without it and have been doing it for a long time. Stock S2000s have hit as low as 13.7. I'm sure you are just talking about the lack of torque compared to something with FI. When you say anything turboed will be a ton faster there are so many other factors to consider when it comes to crossing the finish line first. I can build a 230whp NA Honda and run it against a 300-500whp turbocharged Honda and beat it. I see it all the time. I've never dragraced my current car but there guy with the same swap setup as me, on stock engine (N/A H2B) doing 12.90s on street tires. Just sayin.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:50 PM

too bad vtec didn't kick in, right?
Old 04-15-2009, 05:52 PM

^^^^ You realize how old that is right? I'm a Nissan guy anyway.....and I don't roll race haha
Old 04-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
i agree!
thank you!

I hate these idiots come on here and think "roll" racing is true racing.

Im not bashing on the OP but the people on this thread opposing this.

Quick Reply: ss tc vis civic si