War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

SS/TC VS 08 Civic Si

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by burnrubr88
Lol calm down dude, man its so easy to ruffle yalls panties, its almost fun, over here on the shortbuss.

Street racing is really dangerous, but hey, i think we all can admit is tough to pass up a douche high schooler next to you thats revving while going down the highway.
You're not ruffling my panties, you probably couldnt even ruffle up a girls panties if you had the oppurtunity. I just hate it when people make it seem like street racing is safe and it's something that you should be doing if you have to, or want to. And sorry, I've been out of school awhile, I have a very respectful job and don't mess around with high schoolers or the young teenage crowd.

Originally Posted by thesoulshereaps
Wish I could have video taped me racin a suped up ford lightning the other day. From a 70 roll we stayed even. Think we hit about 120 before we got on the brakes
They are heavy as hell trucks, good thing it was from a roll though, because he probably would have ate you alive from a dig.

Last edited by FutureEcotecOwner; 01-17-2009 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-17-2009, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by FutureEcotecOwner
You're not ruffling my panties, you probably couldnt even ruffle up a girls panties if you had the oppurtunity. I just hate it when people make it seem like street racing is safe and it's something that you should be doing if you have to, or want to. And sorry, I've been out of school awhile, I have a very respectful job and don't mess around with high schoolers or the young teenage crowd.

They are heavy as hell trucks, good thing it was from a roll though, because he probably would have ate you alive from a dig.
good one. well, have fun at your job. maybe one day when you get old enough, youll trade in your High schooler car like our cars, bc thats what they are, for something actually worth going to college for and saving up, like a nice, grown up car.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:48 PM

good one. well, have fun at your job. maybe one day when you get old enough, youll trade in your High schooler car like our cars, bc thats what they are, for something actually worth going to college for and saving up, like a nice, grown up car.
Something like what? Sorry but I have been around Mustangs my whole life and this is my 2nd one I've had. But when I was younger, I did own an Ecotec powered car and loved it, and so when the SS/TC came out, I just had to get it. I didnt have to buy these cars because it's all I could afford, I just didnt want anything else out there.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:49 PM

stop whoring the mans thread dude....
Old 01-17-2009, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by FutureEcotecOwner
Exactly, they're running 13's in a bolt on and tuned N/A 2.0, and it takes the Cobalt a turbo or S/C to run 13's in a 2.0. Not saying I want a damn Honda or anything, just saying you gotta respect a 13 second N/A 2.0 Honda pushing over 200whp and running faster or just as fast as bolt on SS/SC and SS/TC Cobalts and other F/I 4 cylinders.
you completely missed the point

Originally Posted by BartSS
Haha real close.... I live right by maine west high school. Right by Lake opeka, its across the street from me

I dont know if you saw it but i went in astraight line and stopped at about 70 or so. There wasnt one car in front of me. Like i said i dint like to race on the street but im that kind of person that if someone keeps running their mouth that thayre faster and i know theyre not ill shut them up. And the nearest track is about an hour away at Union Grove in Wisconsin
refer to your last post about how you dont give a ****. you dont need a license. "I'll take the race wherever if you don't like it cool. It might be dumb to race in traffic but I did it not you"

i dont care if there wasnt a car in front of you. there was more than one car ahead of the civic, and it looked like you guys were in the middle of town

Everyone that says "youre stupid for street racing", just shut up now.....

Nice race, its always fun to shut up civic si owners.
noone is saying you are stupid for street racing, we are saying he is dumb for doing it in that environment. grow up

Last edited by hatrickstu; 01-17-2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-17-2009, 06:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
stop whoring the mans thread dude....
I think this is funny. Im enjoying reading all this. ANd to think that i started all this by street racing

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
you completely missed the point

refer to your last post about how you dont give a ****. you dont need a license.

i dont care if there wasnt a car in front of you. there was more than one car ahead of the civic, and it looked like you guys were in the middle of town

noone is saying you are stupid for street racing, we are saying he is dumb for doing it in that environment. grow up

No bro it wasnt in town. Its not a main road. Like i said i dont usually street race but i had to shut him up.

Last edited by BartSS; 01-17-2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-17-2009, 06:55 PM

would you have felt the same way had that civic rearended the car in front of him?
Old 01-17-2009, 08:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by drew1991sf
ya exactly u have to raise it all the way up to 7k rpms to feel anything
Not true at all. Having owned it's cousin - the RSX-S. Anything above 3K is go time. Vtec kicks in later... but they have VERY flat torque curves.

You think "Torque? ha ha ha" I think... "Gearing! Ah ha ha ha!"

They are geared awesome.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:17 PM

If he would rear end the guy in front of him I would call him a dumb **** for not braking. Plus I have known the kid for a while and I know he would break or if we were running even I would slow down so he can get in front of me. Anyways. Let's change the subject. The race happened we can't go back in time
Old 01-17-2009, 08:27 PM

Si is a joke!!!!! 136 ft/lb torque.... I think the Chevy Aveo has more than that... What an import joke.....
Old 01-17-2009, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by tomgillotti
Si is a joke!!!!! 136 ft/lb torque.... I think the Chevy Aveo has more than that... What an import joke.....
It may only have 136tq, but it still runs mid to high 14's with a good driver, which I think is quite abit faster than a f*cking Aveo.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by tomgillotti
So I guess gearing doesn't mean anything then?

Why are many diesel cars so slow then?
Old 01-18-2009, 03:24 AM

w/e who cares if theres 1 guy who has owned a si that rad mid 14's stock idc thats not wat every1 can do. I rapeee stock si's and i beat modded ones. U NEED TORQUE
Old 01-18-2009, 04:00 AM

double the torque
Old 01-18-2009, 10:42 AM

:facepalm:

Ok then...
Old 01-18-2009, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Zander916
Not true at all. Having owned it's cousin - the RSX-S. Anything above 3K is go time. Vtec kicks in later... but they have VERY flat torque curves.

You think "Torque? ha ha ha" I think... "Gearing! Ah ha ha ha!"

They are geared awesome.
Not really. Gearing can only help with so much and then sooner or later you're going to need real power. You could get a quick jump with gearing but sooner or later you will run out... lol 130ft/lbs of tq is pathetic for a car of the Si's / rsx caliber. I think at 3000rpm your making like 70 ft/lbs or something gay like that. I dont care what gearing you have, that just plain sucks.

When I was looking at my sc back in 05 I was seriously considering an rsx-s. I took one home for the week end and couldnt justify the price they were asking. Anything under 5K rpm and you're a sitting duck. My buddy caught me off guard and pulled me from 40 - 120 by 2 cars in his hyundai tib 6cyl (exhaust/intake). I just stayed at around 3500 instead of downshifting and all I got when I mashed the pedal was ..... Bogggggggggggggggg then VTAKKKKKK!!!!! Straight up yo!. I made sure to give him the 7K rpm fly by though.

I like the interior , and it shifted great, but no tq down low. It was a much better car overall than the sc, except when it came to power and fun factor. But it was 34 000 canadian so I said **** on it.. I have to have my tq down low as I cant stand having to be at 5k+ to get any fun.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:27 PM

VTEK!

All the lag, none of the FI. Its like waiting for really bad sex.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS

I dont get people like this who have next to no power at all running around thinking they have a 12 seconds car cause they bolted up an exhaust and air filter...
funniest comment I've read in a while coming from a cobalt owner.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by LLAMA
" keep up" huh? lol i've seen over 300hp S/C Si hatches
ya with 190wtq and after 5k worth of mods just to keep up with 2k worth of mods on a ss/sc
Old 01-18-2009, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS
Not really. Gearing can only help with so much and then sooner or later you're going to need real power. You could get a quick jump with gearing but sooner or later you will run out... lol 130ft/lbs of tq is pathetic for a car of the Si's / rsx caliber. I think at 3000rpm your making like 70 ft/lbs or something gay like that. I dont care what gearing you have, that just plain sucks.

When I was looking at my sc back in 05 I was seriously considering an rsx-s. I took one home for the week end and couldnt justify the price they were asking. Anything under 5K rpm and you're a sitting duck. My buddy caught me off guard and pulled me from 40 - 120 by 2 cars in his hyundai tib 6cyl (exhaust/intake). I just stayed at around 3500 instead of downshifting and all I got when I mashed the pedal was ..... Bogggggggggggggggg then VTAKKKKKK!!!!! Straight up yo!. I made sure to give him the 7K rpm fly by though.

I like the interior , and it shifted great, but no tq down low. It was a much better car overall than the sc, except when it came to power and fun factor. But it was 34 000 canadian so I said **** on it.. I have to have my tq down low as I cant stand having to be at 5k+ to get any fun.
You gotta get some practice time in with it and get used to shifting. You can multiply 70ft/lbs with gearing. I didn't have any trouble whatsoever getting to 140 and beyond.

Plus think about it.... if you are racing. How often are you going to be at 3K rpm in that car. ONCE.. that's it. If you know how to shift and work the car you can keep the baby singing 6-8K rpm. If you go below 5K... you don't know what you're doing. I found that if I launched anything above 3K it was just wheelspin so it's not that bad. (tq + gearing) Learn to drive it before you bitch about it.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:32 PM

lets all just stop arguing and agree on this:
VTEC SUCKS. end of story
Old 01-18-2009, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Zander916
You gotta get some practice time in with it and get used to shifting. You can multiply 70ft/lbs with gearing. I didn't have any trouble whatsoever getting to 140 and beyond.

Plus think about it.... if you are racing. How often are you going to be at 3K rpm in that car. ONCE.. that's it. If you know how to shift and work the car you can keep the baby singing 6-8K rpm. If you go below 5K... you don't know what you're doing.
gearing still wont help power. Sure u can stay in your POWER BAND for each shift, but then u lose top end mph, and ur still not making anymore power really.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:35 PM

that civic had no chance
Old 01-18-2009, 07:37 PM

An RSX-S running a 75 shot got killed by a stage 1 CSRT4. VTEK FTW!
Old 01-18-2009, 07:41 PM

Heres one of me racing a civic si before i installed my tune
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3kRWVL89_o

Quick Reply: SS/TC VS 08 Civic Si