War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

SS vs 2005 wrx sti

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why dont people believe a stg 2 cobalt can beat a STi. Go out and find one and race it. I know for a fact they can from a roll. Never tried from a dig and know it would be diff but they can still be beat. AWD SUCKS FROM A ROLL!!
Old 03-20-2007, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
Not from a stop you won't. You may kill a driver, but not the car.
Remember everyone here has already established that we can't beat one from a stop. Obviously and advantage of AWD...duh. But from a role you can't deny the car can keep up and in alot of cases win convincingly.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:53 PM

Now you're reaching, it's okay I know you don't have anything to come back with. Have fun tokin' up.

You know what else they say, FWD is for ****.
yeah whatever dumb ****. from a 40-42 mph roll a stage 2 can keep up with a sti. ive done it before. ur an idiot, u need to shut up
Old 03-20-2007, 04:59 PM

Now you're reaching, it's okay I know you don't have anything to come back with. Have fun tokin' up.

You know what else they say, FWD is for ****.
I like my phrase better...lol
Old 03-20-2007, 05:12 PM

STI's only have about 230-240WHP.

Your car has about 210WHP. The STI also weighs a couple hundred pounds more. Hence the outcome.

Sounds like he's a tool, he just spend 15K more than you for a car thats ugly as hell and would get beat by your car with a few bolts ons
Old 03-20-2007, 05:24 PM

listen were not talking about a stage II I told you guys I'm putting an Intense stage 3 not a GM. Plus alot of these videos of cobalts racing the guys can't even drive decent, which brings a bad name to the other drivers. And from a roll with a stage 3 I WILL beat him from a dig it will be close
Old 03-20-2007, 05:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Magazine racing? I can provide time slips for both cars in question. No magazine racing here. If he's talking about racing a Stage 2+ STi, hang it up. Sorry fellas Stage 2 does not an STi killer make. I swear to God some people on this forum must be high out of their minds when they post.
yes.
magazine racing.
you quote me timeslips as proof?
NO ONE said a stage 2 cobalt will beat STIs from a dig. (and if they did we know they are dreaming)

we all know AWD = dead cobalt.
please give people a little credit. we know when were beat.
unlike some.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous
yes.
magazine racing.
you quote me timeslips as proof?
NO ONE said a stage 2 cobalt will beat STIs from a dig. (and if they did we know they are dreaming)

we all know AWD = dead cobalt.
please give people a little credit. we know when were beat.
unlike some.
Yeah, I'll let you know when I am. Would you like to see my timeslips? And yes someone did say a Stage 2 Cobalt could beat an STi, 06CobaltSSS.

Originally Posted by remusfighter
yeah whatever dumb ****. from a 40-42 mph roll a stage 2 can keep up with a sti. ive done it before. ur an idiot, u need to shut up
No kidding, apparently you have trouble with reading. Let me help you out.

Considering I run a 13.5 stock he should damn well run a high 12. Are you like in the troposphere or something? And on what planet is a stage 2 Cobalt a faster drag car than an STi? Please tell me that. Stock he will absolutely destroy you from a dig if he has so much as a pulse. Modded, hang it up. I can go along with people claiming roll wins because that isn't really a good type of race for an STi. But come on dude, get real. I've had a Stage 2 Cobalt and I have an STi now. I know what each car is capable of. Please be realistic.
Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
LOL please. This is comming from track experianced racers? I think not. I have a stage II balt running mid 13s consistantly. I have over 70 passes at the track in my cobalt alone. My friend has a sti and I beat him from a roll and from a dig. Don't get me wrong he has me all the way to the 1/8th but I pass him quickly once he gets into 70mph+ The 1/4th mile is not over for us until 105+.
Yeah I'm glad you could get 70 passes out of your Cobalt. And yes, my experience is based on the track. I have slips for both vehicles. Stage 2 I don't think so from a dig. Sorry, I just don't beleive it. Perhaps your friend needs teh driver mod.

Last edited by StinkBOMB; 03-20-2007 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-20-2007, 07:23 PM

im gonna have to say it is a drivers race. stg2balt I/H/E with and exceptional driver is capable of mid 13s. thats with him being a great driver as there are some stg2 balts still in the 14s. now what do STI's run stock mid-low 13s. but im sure there are STI's out there who are running high 13s maybe even low 14s but they probably suck at life. a superbly driven stg2 balt can beat a stock STI from a dig. the STI has a huge advantage bc of AWD but its not unbeatable. now if he is gonna have intense stg 3 that should put him in the 245-250whp range. (not sure of intense specs but that sounds about right) now assuming he can drive worth a dam he can KILL a stock STI from a roll. and i think he will just edge him out from a dig .5-1car lenth. and this also depends on how far they race. if it stricly th 1/4 the the sti has a much better chance. but if the race 0 to say 120 its an easy win for the balt

im probly gonna get flamed for that post but oh well

Last edited by L82vette; 03-20-2007 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Banned

Wow guys...

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/wrxsti2005.html

Stock WRX for 2005 runs a 14.5 in the 1/4 mile

Stock STI for 2005 will run 13.2 to 13.5 1/4 mile.

I'm sick and tired of this crap "Well stage 2 will beat an STI anyday" "put stage 3 on and you'll blow him away"

This future mods fantasy racing is stupid.

Stock for stock STI will win
Give them equal mod money and if its well spent it can go either way, but sway towards the STI
Old 03-20-2007, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by My06Coby
Wow guys...

I'm sick and tired of this crap "Well stage 2 will beat an STI anyday" "put stage 3 on and you'll blow him away"
Thank you I don't know where these guys keep getting a stage II kit. I said Im getting a stage 3!
Old 03-20-2007, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by DomDiggity
The thing is about the sti's is that the turbo lag on them is ridiculous. Yeah that car has alot of horsepower but the cars are heavier than the ss. So basically it's a drivers race with a stage II. I treally was surprised with the outcome of the races. I really thought the STi should have really kicked my ass but it didnt.
Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
Umm lol thats real funny because with Stage II I kill sti anyday of the week.
Thank you I don't know where these guys keep getting a stage II kit. I said Im getting a stage 3!
I'm not saying you're getting Stage 2, I'm just saying it won't beat an STi from a dig.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:13 PM

I think they were just trying to make a point stating Sti's are not unbeatable. That was the whole point of everyones comments are. Sti's are not unbeatable. However, the correct mods and driver is needed. What else would you expect in difference between a 21k car and a 33k car. It would be the same reverse if the balt was AWD and the Sti FWD. Whatever, this thread is beating a dead horse....lol
Old 03-20-2007, 09:22 PM

My brother has an 07 STI and we've raced a few times. He beat me by a car. They're not all they're cracked up to be, especially for 35K+. U can take him if u get the stage 3. No problem.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by daves129
My brother has an 07 STI and we've raced a few times. He beat me by a car. They're not all they're cracked up to be, especially for 35K+. U can take him if u get the stage 3. No problem.
Again with this stage 3 crap.

STOCK FOR STOCK STI WILL WIN.

I hate people like this that race with future mods.

"Well when I have stage 3 I'll find a stock STI and kick its ass and brag about it as if it wasn't all its supposed to be"

Plus the WRX/STI's are meant for RALLY racing, something the cobalt obviously cant touch with a 10000000 ft pole.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:43 PM

Again with this stage 3 crap.

STOCK FOR STOCK STI WILL WIN.

I hate people like this that race with future mods.

"Well when I have stage 3 I'll find a stock STI and kick its ass and brag about it as if it wasn't all its supposed to be"

Plus the WRX/STI's are meant for RALLY racing, something the cobalt obviously cant touch with a 10000000 ft pole.
What mods do you have in your future? Or are you a stock boy 4 life, chief???
Old 03-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by daves129
What mods do you have in your future? Or are you a stock boy 4 life, chief???
Right now I'm stock but that has nothing to do with this thread

If your going to talk crap about how another car is crap when Stock for stock they'll kick your ass. Then throw in Stage III just to say their crap, then throw in Stage 2 on an STI and it will still beat the Stage III cobalt.

I hate people playing these b.s. games like this. Its stupid to argue about a race that probly won't happen again. Then talk crap about getting Stage 3 and talk about another car is so shitty when its stock and you just spent 1100 bucks to make your car beat it
Old 03-20-2007, 10:43 PM

to the o.p.
with intense stage 3 and some decent driveing ability you will beat and sti from a dig or roll, especially if your not gonna be at a track race him up to 120 and i gaurentee youll beat him as long as you dont suck at luanching. yes he will get you off the ling but you will reel him in
Old 03-20-2007, 11:26 PM

Wow guys...

Stock WRX for 2005 runs a 14.5 in the 1/4 mile

Stock STI for 2005 will run 13.2 to 13.5 1/4 mile.

This future mods fantasy racing is stupid.

Stock for stock STI will win
Give them equal mod money and if its well spent it can go either way, but sway towards the STI
Yes, we know the sti is faster in the quarter mile cause of awd, but look at the trap speeds they have some cobalts that are trapping 100mph stock, and in a roll race that's what matters.

I'm not saying you're getting Stage 2, I'm just saying it won't beat an STi from a dig.
You talk about how a stage 2 cobalt wont keep up with a stock sti cause you owned a stage 2 balt before, have you ever thought that maybe you sucked at driving your balt.

Last edited by quickspec; 03-20-2007 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-21-2007, 02:53 AM

Right now I'm stock but that has nothing to do with this thread

If your going to talk crap about how another car is crap when Stock for stock they'll kick your ass. Then throw in Stage III just to say their crap, then throw in Stage 2 on an STI and it will still beat the Stage III cobalt.

I hate people playing these b.s. games like this. Its stupid to argue about a race that probly won't happen again. Then talk crap about getting Stage 3 and talk about another car is so shitty when its stock and you just spent 1100 bucks to make your car beat it
Stock for stock the STi did not kick my ass. I honestly thought it would, but I kept up. and plus the stage kit isn't $1100. You might want to read up before you start talking **** about "future" mods.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:16 AM

I beat an 05 STI from 40-115 by 2 cars w/intake & 3in pulley in front of about 100 people. He was ticked! I pulled into the parking lot where all the people were, and the sti kept going , went around the block, drove by honked and gave me the bird. It was sweet!
Old 03-21-2007, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by quickspec
Yes, we know the sti is faster in the quarter mile cause of awd, but look at the trap speeds they have some cobalts that are trapping 100mph stock, and in a roll race that's what matters.

You talk about how a stage 2 cobalt wont keep up with a stock sti cause you owned a stage 2 balt before, have you ever thought that maybe you sucked at driving your balt.
Yes that did in fact cross my mind so I got someone else to drive it for me. And their best time while in the 13's, was still 4/10's off of my best time in the STi. Now considering that he drove the Cobalt to an ET that was about 6/10s faster than me in the same car on the same day and my sorry excuse for driving can beat his best time I'd say there's a little more to the STi than you guys are admitting. You fan boi's can sit here and say stupid things all day. The fact of the matter is I have first hand experience and ownership of the cars in question, unless you have had or do have both you don't. You can insult me all you want, it isn't going to to make the Cobalt faster. Now if any of you want to take a GM Stage 2 Cobalt to the track and race me, I'll be at Coastal Plains Raceway.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
again with the timeslips.
again with the 1/4 mile.

your completely missing the point.
people are admitting it right in the very posts you quote....that you will win in the 1/4 mile.
but trying to get you to even remotely admit that a stage 2 balt can keepup/win in a roll race....and you ignore everything they say.....and requote the same messages over and over, and yap yap yap 1/4 mile, timeslips, awd *skeet skeet skeet*

look at the above post for example.
his first line is this "Yes, we know the sti is faster in the quarter mile"

and you spend your entire post talking about 1/4 mile times, and how were all fanbois, and we need to come to the TRACK and race you....

what in the world.

I give up man.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:45 PM

Considering I run a 13.5 stock he should damn well run a high 12. Are you like in the troposphere or something? And on what planet is a stage 2 Cobalt a faster drag car than an STi? Please tell me that. Stock he will absolutely destroy you from a dig if he has so much as a pulse. Modded, hang it up. I can go along with people claiming roll wins because that isn't really a good type of race for an STi. But come on dude, get real. I've had a Stage 2 Cobalt and I have an STi now. I know what each car is capable of. Please be realistic.
Originally Posted by an0malous
again with the timeslips.
again with the 1/4 mile.

your completely missing the point.
people are admitting it right in the very posts you quote....that you will win in the 1/4 mile.
but trying to get you to even remotely admit that a stage 2 balt can keepup/win in a roll race....and you ignore everything they say.....and requote the same messages over and over, and yap yap yap 1/4 mile, timeslips, awd *skeet skeet skeet*

look at the above post for example.
his first line is this "Yes, we know the sti is faster in the quarter mile"

and you spend your entire post talking about 1/4 mile times, and how were all fanbois, and we need to come to the TRACK and race you....

what in the world.

I give up man.
Yeah, Teh Cobalt is Teh Fastar!!11!!11 I guess you missed the post where I admitted that frum a roll a Stage 2 Balt can and probably will win. I've posted quotes again and again of people either stating from a dig or just flat out posting they'll beat an STi. Now getting past the first lines in the posts, read the rest of what's being said. And you should never give up, quitters never win.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:43 PM

well my friend just got a sti and wanted to race me saying ym car is a domestic piece of ****. That it's so sad that stock my car only has 205 horsepower. Well we ran em twice from a dig and a roll. From the dig he only beat me by two cars and from the roll he only beat me by a half a car. I told him this 205 horsepower car just kept up with youre 300 horsepower car, so who's car is a pieceo of **** now? I thought it was pretty funny. We're going to run em again but little does he know I'm getting my stage 3 kit this week!
your friend was either:
1. playing with you
2. a really bad driver
3. taking it easy on his new car

listen were not talking about a stage II I told you guys I'm putting an Intense stage 3 not a GM. Plus alot of these videos of cobalts racing the guys can't even drive decent, which brings a bad name to the other drivers. And from a roll with a stage 3 I WILL beat him from a dig it will be close
maybe you will keep up from a roll..... maybe..

intense stage 3 isn't gonna help you from a dig w/o traction mods..

. this thread is worthless..

Last edited by chevysalesman614; 03-22-2007 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: SS vs 2005 wrx sti