War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

SS vs 2005 wrx sti

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
Yes that did in fact cross my mind so I got someone else to drive it for me. And their best time while in the 13's, was still 4/10's off of my best time in the STi. Now considering that he drove the Cobalt to an ET that was about 6/10s faster than me in the same car on the same day and my sorry excuse for driving can beat his best time I'd say there's a little more to the STi than you guys are admitting. You fan boi's can sit here and say stupid things all day. The fact of the matter is I have first hand experience and ownership of the cars in question, unless you have had or do have both you don't. You can insult me all you want, it isn't going to to make the Cobalt faster. Now if any of you want to take a GM Stage 2 Cobalt to the track and race me, I'll be at Coastal Plains Raceway.
Why do you keep going on about a GM stage two? I've been talking about an Intense stage 3.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by quickspec
Yes, we know the sti is faster in the quarter mile cause of awd, but look at the trap speeds they have some cobalts that are trapping 100mph stock, and in a roll race that's what matters.

You talk about how a stage 2 cobalt wont keep up with a stock sti cause you owned a stage 2 balt before, have you ever thought that maybe you sucked at driving your balt.
have you ever thought that just cause you beat a bad driver (or one reluctant to go full throttle in his new car)

Last edited by chevysalesman614; 03-22-2007 at 01:08 AM.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by chevysalesman614
your friend was either:
1. playing with you
2. a really bad driver
3. taking it easy on his new car

w/ the intense stage 3 kit you will still gt raped from a dig .. maybe you will keep up from a roll..... maybe..
with equal drivers that sti will own a stage 3 (intense) balt.. hands down. you think your such a good driver, then put me in the sti.. i guarentee at least 15 cars in the 1/4..
and probably 4-5 from a roll.

intense stage 3 isn't gonna help you from a dig w/o traction mods..

. this thread is worthless..
do we even still have any ss s/c owners/members with mods? or is it just me, shortbus, doc, anomaly, and dtm?

i hate all of this " i will be getting a mod soon" crap

the STi owned you.. end of story
did you not read that the sti DID beat me? I admitted it. I'm just saying that this week I'm getting my stage 3 kit and we're going to run em again. This time with video.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:59 PM

i know how to read. do you? what i meant to convey to you is that losing by only 2 cars (stock vs. stock) from a dig is next to impossible

Last edited by chevysalesman614; 03-22-2007 at 01:09 AM.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Banned

your friend was either:
1. playing with you
2. a really bad driver
3. taking it easy on his new car

w/ the intense stage 3 kit you will still gt raped from a dig .. maybe you will keep up from a roll..... maybe..
with equal drivers that sti will own a stage 3 (intense) balt.. hands down. you think your such a good driver, then put me in the sti.. i guarentee at least 15 cars in the 1/4..
and probably 4-5 from a roll.

intense stage 3 isn't gonna help you from a dig w/o traction mods..

. this thread is worthless..
do we even still have any ss s/c owners/members with mods? or is it just me, shortbus, doc, anomaly, and dtm?

i hate all of this " i will be getting a mod soon" crap

the STi owned you.. end of story
AMEN!

Lets all remember that COBALT SS/SC IS TEH FASTEST CAR IN ALL THE LAND. Thats why I hate these war stories, its bitching and bitching about how the cobalt dominates or should dominate EVERYTHING
Old 03-21-2007, 03:07 PM

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthre...24#post1194124
they are trapping 100+ stock.. we trap 96-98 stock.. i think if you know anything that should be enough info right there
i'm done with this cheesy thread. FOCKER OUT!
Old 03-21-2007, 03:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
they are trapping 100+ stock.. we trap 96-98 stock.. i think if you know anything that should be enough info right there
lol when did someone say a STOCK cobalt can beat an STI dig OR roll.

basically it sits like this.
stock vs stock (sti wins dig or roll)
Stage2 with some boltons cobalt vs stock STI (sti wins, cobalt can win from a roll)
Cobalt vs modded sti (bubbye)

obviously there are exceptions to the rule because drivers fuckup. drivers suck. etc etc

but i havent seen any proof that those outcomes arent generally what will happen with equal drivers.

and btw....what I just did in this post ^^^ is magazine racing. or "bench" racing
its bullshit. and pointless. and its what this thread is full of. Im annoyed at myself for doing it.

And every time someone actually DOES have a REAL race.....the magazine racers come out and have arguments to decide who SHOULD win, and try and call down the guy if he pulls off
an unusual victory for being a lier.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Darksun
**** it just throw on a 3inch pulley and everything else stock and he's good to go also. I think Just 3inch > stage 2 and i stand buy it to this day
wow if you live above sea level(and i mean WAY above) yeah thats a very possible mod.. but if your like me that mod will =KABOOM.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:57 PM

have you ever thought that just cause you beat a civic Si your car is god? i'll bet you have.. we got alot of ricers in ss s/c's now. what a disgrace to a car with potential
I have never raced a civic si before.

Some cobalts have trapped 100+ stock before, and stage 2 have trapped more. So a stage 2 cobalt will indeed keep up or pull from a roll on a STOCK sti, remember stock sti not modded.

Last edited by quickspec; 03-21-2007 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-21-2007, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by My06Coby
Right now I'm stock but that has nothing to do with this thread

If your going to talk crap about how another car is crap when Stock for stock they'll kick your ass. Then throw in Stage III just to say their crap, then throw in Stage 2 on an STI and it will still beat the Stage III cobalt.

I hate people playing these b.s. games like this. Its stupid to argue about a race that probly won't happen again. Then talk crap about getting Stage 3 and talk about another car is so shitty when its stock and you just spent 1100 bucks to make your car beat it
Why doesn't someone take the differece between the 2 cars 35k-21k=13k

Which is about 13k, dump it under the hood of the cheaper car. Then basically you'll have 2 35k cars racing.
Not even talking about future modding. What I'm saying is, why is this comparison still going on? Talking about racing 2 cars from 2 different classes. It would be different if you're talking about a EVo vs. Sti or Cobalt vs SRT-4. But, we're not. So, this thread is getting retarded with the comparisons
Old 03-21-2007, 04:32 PM

stock sti>stage 2 balt
stock sti>intense stage 3 balt

this guy's (original poster) car is stock thats why i'm talking about a stock balt, not a stage 2 one.

the reason i'm talking about stock vs stock, is cause that the race that he said happened... i'm not even talking about the future race when his "stage 3" comes in.

theres no way a stock balt would be able to stay within 2 cars of an sti from a dig... thats all i'm saying
Old 03-21-2007, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by DomDiggity
Why do you keep going on about a GM stage two? I've been talking about an Intense stage 3.
The thing is about the sti's is that the turbo lag on them is ridiculous. Yeah that car has alot of horsepower but the cars are heavier than the ss. So basically it's a drivers race with a stage II. I treally was surprised with the outcome of the races. I really thought the STi should have really kicked my ass but it didnt.
Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
Umm lol thats real funny because with Stage II I kill sti anyday of the week.
Thank you I don't know where these guys keep getting a stage II kit. I said Im getting a stage 3!
I'm not saying you're getting Stage 2, I'm just saying it won't beat an STi from a dig.

Please follow the conversation if you are going to try to participate and/or be one of the focal points.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
I'm not saying you're getting Stage 2, I'm just saying it won't beat an STi from a dig.

Please follow the conversation if you are going to try to participate and/or be one of the focal points.
x2.. thank you, its not just me... he really is retarded

no one cares

Last edited by chevysalesman614; 03-21-2007 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-21-2007, 06:47 PM

this thread is really stupid
sti's arent that fast, faster then a stock balt yes. i dont think anyones argueing that
but to think a intense stg 3 balt cant run with a stock sti is just stupid. a stg3 balt will be around 250whp and 240tq. from a roll it will KILL a stock sti and from a dig it will stay DAMN close if not win. and like iv said befor it depends on the distance there raceing if there at a track then the sti has a much better chance of winning and would probly take
9 outta 10 races, but from what iv red this race is gonna be on the streets which evens the playing field alot for the balt. you guys are giveing way to much credit to the sti and makeing the balt sound like a pos honda
Old 03-21-2007, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Supercharged06
this thread is really stupid
sti's arent that fast, faster then a stock balt yes. i dont think anyones argueing that
but to think a intense stg 3 balt cant run with a stock sti is just stupid. a stg3 balt will be around 250whp and 240tq. from a roll it will KILL a stock sti and from a dig it will stay DAMN close if not win. and like iv said befor it depends on the distance there raceing if there at a track then the sti has a much better chance of winning and would probly take
9 outta 10 races, but from what iv red this race is gonna be on the streets which evens the playing field alot for the balt. you guys are giveing way to much credit to the sti and makeing the balt sound like a pos honda
finally some one gets it
Old 03-21-2007, 07:27 PM

finally some one agrees with me
Fixed it for yah.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:34 PM

you're still going on about it? ok, just wait about 3 weeks and I'll put up the video of the race. ok?
Old 03-21-2007, 07:36 PM

you're still going on about it? ok, just wait about 3 weeks and I'll put up the video of the race. ok?
Sure put the video up. As I've said earlier you're killing the driver, not the car. Are you racing on stock tires btw?
Old 03-21-2007, 07:41 PM

yep. stock tires and yes I have a torque dampener. And a win is a win.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:50 PM

yep. stock tires and yes I have a torque dampener. And a win is a win.
And a loss is a loss. Get some CABS and Traction bars. Good luck.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by blackngold20
Remember everyone here has already established that we can't beat one from a stop. Obviously and advantage of AWD...duh. But from a role you can't deny the car can keep up and in alot of cases win convincingly.
I have raced over 3 differant stock sti at the track, I have also raced 2 differant ones on the street. Every time same result. I win.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
I have raced over 3 differant stock sti at the track, I have also raced 2 differant ones on the street. Every time same result. I win.
so you've 3 sti's from a dig and won? Were they the original ones someone imported from japan with a driver that has one leg and half a brain? From a dig, if the driver has any clue what he is doing he should be running mid 13's.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
so you've 3 sti's from a dig and won? Were they the original ones someone imported from japan with a driver that has one leg and half a brain? From a dig, if the driver has any clue what he is doing he should be running mid 13's.
Well I don't feel so bad now, I at least have a clue.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
thats what i've been trying to say. from a dig STi>cobalt
but, when the bill from the loan comes cobalt>STi
Old 03-21-2007, 09:02 PM

thats what i've been trying to say. from a dig STi>cobalt
but, when the bill from the loan comes cobalt>STi
w3rd.

Quick Reply: SS vs 2005 wrx sti