War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Stage 2 SS vs. TrailBlazer SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://suv-buster.blogspot.com/2006/...alian-suv.html
Old 01-02-2007, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by ludicristSS
Tony's TBSS did it 3.6 according to his 1/8th 7.9@85mph
how do ya figure?
Old 01-02-2007, 04:30 PM

Thats on te edge of being a suv it looks like a car lifed 6inches wit 20 inch rims. . . ugly imo
Old 01-02-2007, 04:31 PM

oh its ugly as sin, but it is no doubt an suv and it is fast as ****.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
nope...i don't beleive any cobalt on this site can outrun the fornasari LOL. it does 60 in under 4 seconds now thats one fast suv!
thats only for those who choose the 600hp engine... the 600hp is an option, it comes stock with the 450hp motor, and i agree it is the ugliest fricken vehicle i have ever seen!
Old 01-02-2007, 05:33 PM

my car dose 0 -60 in 1.8 seconds so i win!!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2007, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by tREBs
thats only for those who choose the 600hp engine... the 600hp is an option, it comes stock with the 450hp motor, and i agree it is the ugliest fricken vehicle i have ever seen!

no they are two different models. there is the rr450 and the rr600....you can tell which is which lol. its like 2.4 ss vs ss/sc ss.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:37 PM

im serious my car is realy faster these things suck my car dose 0-60 in 1.8 seconds
Old 01-02-2007, 08:20 PM

8cd03gro , you asked a question about my truck? it runs 7.9 @85 in the 1/8th like posted above.. the 0-60 calculator on a number of sites lists it form 3.6-3.8 to 60mph.. those aren't perfect, but NOTHING is.. their calculation based off of the 1/8th & 1/4 et/mph is as good as any.. only time it doesn't add up well is under a boosted application because of the "peaky" nature of the power delivery...Tony
Old 01-02-2007, 08:25 PM

o dont really care id drive either of them
Old 01-02-2007, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by ludicristSS
as for the Typhoon.. yeah it was hot...13yrs ago... no comparison, plus the fact it was 28k (13yrs ago)... bottom ends were ****, and would break as soon as you started modding them, it took a long time to get them in the 12's reliably.. something todays TBSS does routinely.. just an FYI..
i would still take the typhoon/syclone over a TBSS any day hands down
Old 01-02-2007, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Antyoo
i would still take the typhoon/syclone over a TBSS any day hands down
uhhh...wtf why?
Old 01-02-2007, 11:10 PM

uhhh...wtf why?
1. cheaper
2. rare
3. factory turbo
4.cooler looking
5. better name
6. like i said in an ealier post, i got a ride in a trailblazer ss, and it did not impress me
7. the sounds a turbocharger makes

i could probably list a few more things, but i think that will suffice.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:15 PM

1. cheaper
2. rare
3. factory turbo
4.cooler looking
5. better name
6. like i said in an ealier post, i got a ride in a trailblazer ss, and it did not impress me

not gonna argue the cheap or rare parts, but factory turbo schmactory turbo, cams and bolt ons on the tbss= BIIIIG BOOM STICK. cooler looking...meh that's your opinion. better name LOL that is true. the sound...well put some straight pipes on the tbss and i garuntee you wont be dissapointed in the way it sounds

i guess its all opinion, but man, if i had the choice between the two i would FOR SURE go with the tbss.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:26 PM

1. cheaper
2. rare
3. factory turbo
4.cooler looking
5. better name

turbo's are a dime a dozen.. simple bolton, making one fast, w/o a poweradder takes talent.. now combining the 2.... built engine w/Turbo.. then you'd be looking at something like this..

(before the "built" part, just the Turbo)

Old 01-02-2007, 11:28 PM

not gonna argue the cheap or rare parts, but factory turbo schmactory turbo, cams and bolt ons on the tbss= BIIIIG BOOM STICK. cooler looking...meh that's your opinion. better name LOL that is true. the sound...well put some straight pipes on the tbss and i garuntee you wont be dissapointed in the way it sounds
right, i guess you would say the same thing about the cobalt ss/sc, ford lightning, harley f150, 03-04 cobra, gt500? supercharger schmupercharger

fact of the matter is, the car with factory forced induction will always gain more mod for mod, so a cam and bolt ons on the typhoon will go farther than on the TBSS

didnt say that the TBSS doesnt sound good, but i still prefer the sound of a turbo to loud ass straight pipes on a v8
Old 01-02-2007, 11:37 PM

right, i guess you would say the same thing about the cobalt ss/sc, ford lightning, harley f150, 03-04 cobra, gt500? supercharger schmupercharger

fact of the matter is, the car with factory forced induction will always gain more mod for mod, so a cam and bolt ons on the typhoon will go farther than on the TBSS

didnt say that the TBSS doesnt sound good, but i still prefer the sound of a turbo to loud ass straight pipes on a v8
until the shortblock of the typhoon shoots thru the hood. in most cases, yes a blown/turboed car is gonna be the better way to go mod wise, but with such an enormous displacement difference, that is not necessarily true in this case.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
turbo's are a dime a dozen.. simple bolton, making one fast, w/o a poweradder takes talent.. now combining the 2.... built engine w/Turbo.. then you'd be looking at something like this..

(before the "built" part, just the Turbo)
Tough to argue with these things guys, that's a 1.431 60 foot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jRdqoYUN7g

N
Old 01-02-2007, 11:49 PM

dont quite understand your point. turbo suv's and trucks are hardly a dime a dozen. making a car fast with out a power adder(which in my definition would be a turbo or supercharger) in and of itself is not hard. making it fast with out a power adder and maintain stock like driveability, that is hard.

and i think anybody that knows atleast a little bit about automotive performance could tell you what would happen if you build up a engine then turbocharge it.

i cant see in that video, but with did the turbo TBSS run?
Old 01-02-2007, 11:54 PM

until the shortblock of the typhoon shoots thru the hood. in most cases, yes a blown/turboed car is gonna be the better way to go mod wise, but with such an enormous displacement difference, that is not necessarily true in this case.
since when is 1.7 liters an enormous displacement difference? i mean, i guess it is when you compair a 1.7 liter engine to a 3.4 liter engine, but 4.3l to 6 liter is not all that big a difference

i have a friend running a 70 mm turbo on a syclone, his stock shortblock has yet to "shoot through the hood"
Old 01-02-2007, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by KWIK1
Tough to argue with these things guys, that's a 1.431 60 foot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jRdqoYUN7g

N

nice 100k truck.. now for the more "normal" built syclones.. and this... is the reason you want to build a MODERN vehicle.. back in the day they were fast.. but not w/o a cost.. I'll take reliability anyday, you can keep the "pieced together" SyTy brothers.. God I forgot what a bunch of junk they really were when you tried to make them run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cherKUV8Yek
Old 01-03-2007, 01:30 AM

YEA my nextdoor neightbor has a typhoon with almost 500whp and hes only dumped 5k into it
Typhoon =17k
engine work bolt ons ect = 5k
Dont know where you are getting 100k from???
You trail blaser is nice and all BUT!
Like any big v8 = gas hog
Also nothing special because its just an LS sereies engine which we all know is a bolt on *****.
Also the typhoon and syclone handle like nothing you trailblaser could dream of.
Yes I like your Trail blaser but have some respect for other Cars you certainly have a closed mided veiw.
All you have is a realy heavy vette that wont handle for **** whats the fun in thatl
Old 01-03-2007, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Gory
All you have is a realy heavy vette that wont handle for **** whats the fun in thatl
hehe, thats funny
Old 01-03-2007, 05:44 AM

nice 100k truck.. now for the more "normal" built syclones.. and this... is the reason you want to build a MODERN vehicle.. back in the day they were fast.. but not w/o a cost.. I'll take reliability anyday, you can keep the "pieced together" SyTy brothers.. God I forgot what a bunch of junk they really were when you tried to make them run
First, I am not hating on anything here. If I had been able to score a Sy/Ty I would have and have never given the TBSS any consideration. Why?

Gory said it all, it's a 4600lb brick that is designed to do little more than look good, suck as much fuel as possible to make mediocre 1/4 mile times given displacement. It's an AWD Corvette that doesn't look as good, weighs 1500lbs more, goes slower yet still manages to cost nearly 70% of the price on a Corvette. I just don't see any real value in that vehicle.

The Sy/Ty on the other hand can be made pretty fast on the stock turbo for short money. Yea, it's going to eat some gas but I would be willing to wager it's not nearly what the TBSS would consume while being capable of turning the same times. The trucks I was looking at were all $10k to $15k with reasonable miles (50k - 80k). Put a few thousand into mods and basic refreshing and you are running 11's with a reasonable amount of reliability. We are talking about half the cost of a TBSS with more performance.

You have to keep in mind that these trucks all have some miles on them, your TBSS isn't going to run 12.5's now and be trouble free 15 years from now, welcome to the reality of automobile ownership. To have a rare and interesting vehicle like a Sy/Ty for around $15k that's going to run in the low 12s to high 11s and have unreal 60 foot times making it capable of destroying most cars on the street from a dig sounds like a better idea all around to me.

Like I said, no hating. To each his own.

N
Old 01-03-2007, 06:27 AM

I find it slightly humorous that more and more people like to compare the TBSS to the Vette because of the motor and then compare it to a brick on wheels. You cannot say that the Vette would be more reliable when the TBSS has the same motor, in addition to that, I do not understand why people aren't giving more props for what the TBSS is actually capable of.

You would be correct in saying that it is heavy, but keeping in mind that the LS version with the L6 weighed in around 4500lbs (full tank, trust me, I weighed her in)with simple bolt-ons, i.e. CAI, cat-back and jet module was capable of mid 16's. That's not too damn bad. Now, the TBSS on the other hand (Vette motor of course)with the same bolt-ons, minus the jet module, would be running high 13's.. For the size of the beast and that GM made it, I think that's pretty damn good.

Don't get it twisted, I do love the Syclones and Typhoons, but be realistic...How reliable would a vehicle that old actually be?? Especially if you try running it like you would the TBSS. How much would you be paying for one once you did find it, considering what shape it's in probably the same price range as if you were looking to get a mint Grand National. Ok, I would take any of em if they were given to me and/or I had the extra loot.

Now, Dodge does have some good competitors as does Ford, but I have not been impressed by Dodges track record not to mention that other then the Neon, sorry SRT4, the aftermarket has not really been there like it has for GM and Ford. As far as Ford goes...the Lighning is nice and pretty damn quick, but I am biased. All I have ever owned is GM, and I like the styling and interior space of the TBSS over that anyday.

Quick Reply: Stage 2 SS vs. TrailBlazer SS