War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Stage 2 SS vs. TrailBlazer SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our truck in the video ran a 12.2 @ 110mph leaving on 0 boost 1.76 60'. weight is 5050lbs with driver [ I'm 230+] . I use to love the SY/TY and still like them alot but I have yet to see one that runs low 12's and has put over 10k miles on them without repair . There old and cranky . It's like sayin my C4 is better then your C6 cause it's as fast with all of my mods . Comparing old apples to new apples .

BTW with our tune and a CAI a AWD TBSS will run mid 13's at 101 +
Old 01-03-2007, 08:38 AM

this is the sweetest thing ive ever seen
Old 01-03-2007, 10:24 AM

Haven't seen the white SS around lately.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:27 AM

TBSS is a waist, just buy a Vette.. then you can take one of your kids for a ride, not drive it in the snow, but hey you can take that corner at 80 instead of 70 (for anyone who thinks a TBSS can't handle? do you know where it was tuned?). what kind of suspension it has? go drive one before you make ridiculous statements try taking a Syclone or Typhhon onto a road course today against an SS.. you have ZERO chance.. 13yrs later, they have made a "couple" of advancements in the way EVERY car/Truck handles.. you really think GM would alow a 13yr old truck to out handle todays? not to mention the towing, ride and braking.. just like everything else, when something is adored for being "special" 20yrs ago, the memories get distorted.. a chevy small block is reliable for a very long time, the new LS motors are topnotch, 6bolt mains, made to handle in excess of 1000hp (do the research) the Engine in the SyTy's was an off the shelf 4.3block with a Turbo on it..that's why they puked as often as they did as soon as you started to run them in the 12's. I have over 70runs on my TBSS none slower than when it was stock @13.5's 102+ and here it sits in my driveway with almost 7k mi on it, ready for more.. try taking one of those 1.5 seconds over stock and making 70 passes in 5 mos, heck 2 yrs and watch what gets replaced.. this thread was about a CobaltSS vs a TrailBlazerSS.. not an "antique" thread... for all the "almost as much as a vette" teah, it's an SUV..with a Vette motor and hipo brakes, bilsteins & 20"wheels, actually a Bargain, especially at what I paid, 30.5k as opposed to 28k 13yrs ago for a Typhoon..
Old 01-03-2007, 11:48 AM

i think the TB SS is definatly more ballin than the srt8.. id totally cruise in one.. actually i was last year.. My dad let me take one to prom.. this year im takin an 07 tahoe LTZ.. SHIIIIIT.. you know how we stay fly
Old 01-03-2007, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
TBSS is a waist, just buy a Vette.. then you can take one of your kids for a ride, not drive it in the snow, but hey you can take that corner at 80 instead of 70 (for anyone who thinks a TBSS can't handle? do you know where it was tuned?). what kind of suspension it has? go drive one before you make ridiculous statements try taking a Syclone or Typhhon onto a road course today against an SS.. you have ZERO chance.. 13yrs later, they have made a "couple" of advancements in the way EVERY car/Truck handles.. you really think GM would alow a 13yr old truck to out handle todays? not to mention the towing, ride and braking.. just like everything else, when something is adored for being "special" 20yrs ago, the memories get distorted.. a chevy small block is reliable for a very long time, the new LS motors are topnotch, 6bolt mains, made to handle in excess of 1000hp (do the research) the Engine in the SyTy's was an off the shelf 4.3block with a Turbo on it..that's why they puked as often as they did as soon as you started to run them in the 12's. I have over 70runs on my TBSS none slower than when it was stock @13.5's 102+ and here it sits in my driveway with almost 7k mi on it, ready for more.. try taking one of those 1.5 seconds over stock and making 70 passes in 5 mos, heck 2 yrs and watch what gets replaced.. this thread was about a CobaltSS vs a TrailBlazerSS.. not an "antique" thread... for all the "almost as much as a vette" teah, it's an SUV..with a Vette motor and hipo brakes, bilsteins & 20"wheels, actually a Bargain, especially at what I paid, 30.5k as opposed to 28k 13yrs ago for a Typhoon..
I understand that your ***** feels small and you need a big bad truck to compensate.
But you are absolutly nuts if you thinks that you tub o **** truck is any where close to the scy/typ in handeling my budys will take an EVO around the twistys so dont even bother with that lame point.

Theve made advancments in handeling???? LOL
well lets se you car has higer center of gravity more weight and almost twice the un sprung weight IE 20inch (small ***** rims)
And OMG 13 years IS SO OLD Damn my 69 chevell musth be an absolute pile or rusted unreliable dog **** BLOW ME!
Old 01-03-2007, 02:24 PM

Your bubbies scy/typ will take an EVO around the twistys?! Now whose full of ****.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:56 PM

i know its sounds crazy but he is runing high spring rates and lots of sway bar with 275s if i remember right.

also he has bigger ***** than my budy with the evo.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by eastcoastz
Your bubbies scy/typ will take an EVO around the twistys?! Now whose full of ****.

I think that's about all we needed to know, I see where you're coming from... Fantasy land.. slam a car to the ground and it feels like it's on rails.. try combining some up/down side/side, transitions and see what it feels like.. those trucks felt good around a corner, but left much to be desired over a real course, IMO (Typhoons, syclones were lighter and handled better).

we all know what they say about people who bring up "***** Size".... jealousy (car ownership) will get you nowhere..
Old 01-03-2007, 03:36 PM

Very impressive Tony! I frequent Performancetrucks.net and a few others so I've seen your TBSS before. The TBSS is definitely an impressive platform considering it's an SUV. There are quite a few folks running low-mid-high 12's in them already. If I had the money I would have gotten one myself. I also like the GCSRT-8 but the lack of tuning available for it turns me off.

Anyway, I didn't read the majority of the thread but it's pretty shameful that people can't give credit where credit is due.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
I think that's about all we needed to know, I see where you're coming from... Fantasy land.. slam a car to the ground and it feels like it's on rails.. try combining some up/down side/side, transitions and see what it feels like.. those trucks felt good around a corner, but left much to be desired over a real course, IMO (Typhoons, syclones were lighter and handled better).

we all know what they say about people who bring up "***** Size".... jealousy (car ownership) will get you nowhere..
OK and where are these 13 years of handeling advancements?
And the scy/typ Is a beter platform.
lets see your truck in 13 years and se how long it will last.
Whatever your a retard hope you enjoy going slow in your SS when you could be putting that money in a lighter vehicle that has mor potential.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:17 PM

saying that any truck without HUGE, HUUUUUGE amounts of suspension work, dropped weight, frame strengthening etc. will take any late model evo in the twisties is totally false.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:24 PM

Lets face it an S10 is not much more than a large car
Also some info i left out was that my friend with the evo isnt the best driver in the world so it wasnt a complete destruction but it was also not easy for the evo to keep up.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:45 PM

From someone that actually owns both the SS/SC and the TBSS I can tell you for a fact that the big bitch CAN handle.... When I first bought my SS/SC I actually let my bro. drive the TBSS back home and when he took some of the curves at 80MPH on some back roads I could almost barely keep up in the SS/SC. And he was taking them in stride. That's not to say that the SS/SC won't out-handle the TBSS but just to say that you'll be amazed at what this thing can actually do. Both the TBSS and the SS/SC as well as a few other GM vehicles were tuned on the famed Nurburgring ( do the research). After driving the SS/SC as a daily driver I can say that the steering is tighter and has a better on center feeling but don't be mistaken the TBSS is no slouch...Zed

Old 01-04-2007, 12:12 AM

2 weeks ago I was driving back home at 2:00 am and this Range Rover/SC just blew by past me, and that bitch was making turns at 120mhp, i was super impressed, i couldn't make those turns but in a straight away i past him doing 140, but those things must have good handling... those things has to handle good with that price. but yeah I never thought an SUV would make those turns so fast
For those that live in CT im talkin about Merrit Prkwy.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:59 AM

im not too impressed with trailblazers but it must have been an ego killer to see it on you that close