War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

"stage two" srt-4 vs. 2007 mustang gt, vs. me aka 07 ss/sc

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 02:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"stage two" srt-4 vs. 2007 mustang gt, vs. me aka 07 ss/sc

To start with im puting the flame suit because well i know how this goes..... but the storie goes....
I live in a smaller town, in a rural area. Behind the new chrysler transmission plant we have is about a mile and a half of strait 4 lanes(Im not sure why 4 lanes was needed, kinda like the bridge to nowhere in alaska i guess) with no trafic other than shift change trafic.... so i turn and make the little half a mile jog to this road and see a srt-4 and mustang coming towards me at a high rate of speed. I rev they turn around pull up so we do 2 runs(30 roll his choice i would have gone from 40) with me and the srt and i pulled on him hard twice and then the third time I think he might have turned his boost up(he said after the first run he was runing 15lbs but could go to 21). so we had been messing around for about 20-25 minutes and not one car had gone by(think nice new 4 lane in BFE) so we decide to run the mustang vs me vs. srt so we go the srt pulled a little and the mustang couldnt keep up....

so we decide to pull into chryslers truck parking lot and talk, and u guessed it as well as i did the sheriff pulled up 5 minutes later with us parked three deep in a parking lot with the hoods up... walks up I say hows it going officer. "good, boys i see 3 very fast cars with their hoods up, and a bunch of guys standing around, next to a road that would be a great place to race" (the whole time he is walking around the cobalt and checking the engine out) " now i wasnt born yesterday but i think it would be best if all three of u pulled out of here tonight and went three seperate directions" I agreed and traded numbers with the other guys and called it a night....

Im not a fan of street raceing but if u check out the road we were on, the only car we saw on it in the 30 minutes was the cop.... but the comments between the mustang owner and my passenger were pricesless... "if you guys want to race ill go get my dads shelby cobra" *my buddy* "if you wanted to race then why didnt you bring "your dads" shelby cobra" he was seriosuly annoyed since he had two passengers in his car and id prolly be embarassed if say i was beat by a two cylinder.... but it was a kill.... i wanted to race a skittle and a gt mustang and i got it all in one so i have nothing else to prove.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:06 PM

haha People need to get like a brief mod list on srt-4s. haha Stage2. I am stage 2 and run 12s with stock turbo and pcm controlled boost. Just so hard to tell what you really raced.

Good kills though!
Old 11-17-2007, 03:58 PM

Good kills. The stang guys are the worst most of the time. Always got to come up with an excuse or something like their fathers, mother's, brother's, daughter's, nephew's, son has a 1000 whp "insert car type here" and I would beat you in that.

What ya running mod wise, power, and track times???
Old 11-17-2007, 04:17 PM

Yea, lol Im not gonna lie I was expecting to get stomped by the srt. But he was really cool, and didnt have one excuse when I took him the first two times. The mustang guy, yea he was cool and we traded numbers but u could just tell his pride was hurt lol. As far as mods they are in my sig, I want to do more but Im not sure if its worth geting "a little faster" after the 2 pass intercooler and a custom tune and exhaust im done with this car, theres no use beating a dead horse, its fast enough for me. As far as track times, I havnt gotten to the track yet to test her. Id rather save and invest my money so i can get a new evo and get it when i graduate from college(Im a finance major if that tells ya something lol).
Old 11-17-2007, 04:18 PM

My friend has an SRT-4 with a bunch of mods including meth injection on his maxed out stock turbo and he put down 335whp
Old 11-17-2007, 04:50 PM

Not bad, well I am not going to throw out the normal statement "the SRT wasn't racing" or anything, Good race. Keep up the good work on the balt.

Last edited by scottw03; 11-17-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by SuPeR ChArGeD 08
My friend has an SRT-4 with a bunch of mods including meth injection on his maxed out stock turbo and he put down 335whp
hahaha W00t! i would love to see that power curve!