War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

STI Bad Day!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Awetback
lol... the F18 Hornet or the F14 Tomcat, which is retired sorry had to
Yeah you are right..I was not thinking with that post....time for an edit job hehe

Originally Posted by KlugSRT-4
Yup. But i dont keep cars long enough to worry about that ****.

haha Should of seen me driving to school this morning hahah Some fun **** out there!
Laughs...after I got out of work today I was cursing at my brothers car for not having the E brake by the drivers seat..instead it was on the floor....Grrr!

Last edited by MAJIN; 12-06-2007 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-06-2007, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by SniperSSSC
Yeah you are right..I was not thinking with that post....time for an edit job hehe

Laughs...after I got out of work today I was cursing at my brothers car for not having the E brake by the drivers seat..instead it was on the floor....Grrr!
haha E-brake on the floor gets tricky. Hey do you know who the guy that drives the mustang with black rims?
Old 12-06-2007, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by KlugSRT-4
haha E-brake on the floor gets tricky. Hey do you know who the guy that drives the mustang with black rims?
No I do not...why do u ask..?? I wonder if he runs an NO2 shot..?
Old 12-06-2007, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
What are your times? With a 2.1 or 2.2 60' my Stage 2 Cobalt ran a 13.9. I sux at launching FWD cars.
I'm running a stg. 2 as well, which at 5,000 feet gets me running a bit faster down the 1320 than stock at sea level (14.3's with a stg. 2 FTMFL). As for 60', I average closer to 2.3 than 2.2 unfortunately, I could shave off some with a bit of practice and less of a lead foot in first. A few hours practice tomorrow should either help my launch times or wear out my clutch (or both). STi's would be an issue no matter what, but they have to get out of the hole fast to win too

EDIT: BAAAHHH!!! SNOW!!! THWARTED AGAIN!!!

Last edited by Badju587; 12-07-2007 at 11:23 AM.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
That's the first intelligent thing I've heard out of you the whole time you've been posting. Most owners don't rely on the average Joe thinking that STi's and Evo's are monsters from a dig, they pray they don't screw up the launch. Which is the complete opposite of the "AWD is just a clutch drop away from a 1.5 60'" mentality on this site.

2.0 in either a WRX or STi isn't good. 1.7's are. Your brother in law may need some more practice if all he's getting are 2.0s.

PM sent.

Is that kinda like Stage 2 Cobalts can never be beat from a roll?

Actually most of what I post is intellegent and correct it's more so my " eat **** ********** " tone/wording that throws the fanboys off.

I haven't owned/driven everything under the sun to waste time BS'ing on the internet.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by codyss
Actually most of what I post is intellegent and correct it's more so my " eat **** ********** " tone/wording that throws the fanboys off.

I haven't owned/driven everything under the sun to waste time BS'ing on the internet.
Actually it's the fanboy statements filled with hate that have no basis in reality that throw people off. And by throw them off I mean give them an accurate impression of just how bad you fail at carrying on a factual, civil conversation. I don't know who exactly it is that you're sucking off around here to stay, but you must be putting your expertise to full use.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Banned

You own an STi I don't expect you to like me. Like all othe STi owners you cannot live with the fact that your car sucks after the 1/8th and anywhere else with straights.

I know more about cars than you can ever wish to. Fanboys like you cannot deal with real world facts that I present you with.

Like I always tell fanboys be it Mustangs or Ricers like you point out where I was wrong. And I don't mean point out things where the internet says elsewhere.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:02 PM

nice kill
Old 12-07-2007, 09:08 PM

You own an STi I don't expect you to like me. Like all othe STi owners you cannot live with the fact that your car sucks after the 1/8th and anywhere else with straights.

I know more about cars than you can ever wish to. Fanboys like you cannot deal with real world facts that I present you with.

Like I always tell fanboys be it Mustangs or Ricers like you point out where I was wrong. And I don't mean point out things where the internet says elsewhere.

I know him personally, and he's about as far from a Ricer as it gets. He won't do ANY kind of visual mods to his STi. He won't have a loud BOV. And he picked one of the quietest exhaust available for his car. So because he drives a Japanese car he's automatically rice??

It also says something about cars when a person who HATES foreigners is willing to drive a Japanese car. It must be a pretty damn good car. As far as I know, he tried giving American cars a chance, as did I. In both scenarios the American cars failed.

And if you were as wise as you say you would have chosen a car that was doomed from the word go. The resale value of GTO's is not very pretty. Also, the LS1 Camaros and Transams do everything your car does, but cheaper.

You hate on cars cause you an American elitist, so for you to say Fanboy that seems to be hypocritical. I don't hate any car because I know someone in every car on this forum. I have a good friend with a GTO and I hve a really close friend with an SRT-4. I know/knew a couple people with Cobalt SS'. You hate the cars, the person you are talking **** to just hates the drivers.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Banned

Wow aren't we smart.

A) Do you read what he types? = Ricer
B) I am well aware of what LS1 F-Bodies can do I have had 2 of them

I bought my GTO because I don't buy used railed on **** and can afford new so why buy used anyway? In 2006 I had no F-Body option and Mustangs were too slow and Corvettes weren't an option due to storage and clearace issues.

I love how some of you fanboys just don't listen when I say I only bought my GTO cause it was there. I know it isn't the fastest or the best handling. At the same time I do know what it does better than other cars I compare it to.

Thanks for making me waste time reading your crap.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:20 PM

I am sorry man, but as it seems you just knocked yourself below the ricers stating that statement. I know plenty of Subaru people who are actually adults and know where their car stands.

Here's what the Internet made the GTO seem to be God's car. It is NOT God's car. It is just a normal car just like anything else. ZOMG! A 6.0L GTO ITS THE BADDEST THING OUT THERE. No its not its just another car that became the bandwagon for the tuner group. Big deal that is why its so hyped up. Because it became a bandwagon.

Yeah its a good car and all, but its not God's car or the best car out there. I know of several cars in different catagories that will beat a GTO. I mean whoa omg it runs 12s. WHOOO WHOOO! /sarcasm

Wow aren't we smart.

A) Do you read what he types? = Ricer
B) I am well aware of what LS1 F-Bodies can do I have had 2 of them

I bought my GTO because I don't buy used railed on **** and can afford new so why buy used anyway? In 2006 I had no F-Body option and Mustangs were too slow and Corvettes weren't an option due to storage and clearace issues.

I love how some of you fanboys just don't listen when I say I only bought my GTO cause it was there. I know it isn't the fastest or the best handling. At the same time I do know what it does better than other cars I compare it to.

Thanks for making me waste time reading your crap.
I've seen people who you call 'ricers' type a lot better than you.

Last edited by Blackout06LS; 12-07-2007 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-07-2007, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Blackout06LS
I am sorry man, but as it seems you just knocked yourself below the ricers stating that statement. I know plenty of Subaru people who are actually adults and know where their car stands.

Here's what the Internet made the GTO seem to be God's car. It is NOT God's car. It is just a normal car just like anything else. ZOMG! A 6.0L GTO ITS THE BADDEST THING OUT THERE. No its not its just another car that became the bandwagon for the tuner group. Big deal that is why its so hyped up. Because it became a bandwagon.

Yeah its a good car and all, but its not God's car or the best car out there. I know of several cars in different catagories that will beat a GTO. I mean whoa omg it runs 12s. WHOOO WHOOO! /sarcasm
I have yet to see a GTO run a 12 stock in person. I've seen a bunch of different LS2 GTO's race and most were mid 13's at the best.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Evolvr2006
I have yet to see a GTO run a 12 stock in person. I've seen a bunch of different LS2 GTO's race and most were mid 13's at the best.
OH sorry given his attitude I thought about where he thinks those cars should run.

Sorry need to stop acting like him. I am sick of these Ford and Chevy fanboys...ugh. It's just a CAR. Hell I bought a damn ford with a Mazda badge.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:54 AM

You should change your opening line to "You don't accept my bull **** hate as truth, so I don't expect you to like me. Like all other STi owners you are extremely happy with your choice and can spot a retarded mullet loving fanboy from a mile away. Despite the fact that their car is great you can see how stupid the drivers really are and despise them, and rightfully so."

I'm not sure you know how much I wish to know about cars, but I get the impression I have a better understanding than you'll allow. Of course I don't drive a v8 powered car so that must mean you're way smarter than me, you've got this whole speed thing figured out huh? Please, site some of your real world facts, and not just what YOU make up on the internet.

The STi doesn't suck after the 1/8th, and I'm quite sure on a road course with straight aways it will dominate the GTO. Perhaps the GTO could go compete on the Tsukuba circuit and post a better time? Sorry dude, but Nascar is not the golden standard and neither is a 40 roll. Once oval tracks catch on more and people actually desire to turn left all day, and the NHRA and IHRA have sanctioned roll races I'll see your point, until then consider that there's more to it than two aspects of driving.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:29 PM
Banned

codyss=flamer
Old 12-08-2007, 05:13 PM

Oh great...this thread has been jacked and its too F'ing cold outside to work out in the garage even with the furnace...please leave the highschool drama where it belongs.....highschool
Old 12-08-2007, 05:26 PM

this poster is and always will be credited to me and my scientific observations of cody. You guys have misunderstood...the ls2 gto is not god, CODY is god. How dare you argue!
Old 12-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Banned

Wow you sure are a *******. You do know that an STi and gto are damn near idential when it comes to straight line performance stock vs stock. So I guess the gtos suck ass after the 1/8 too then.

Last edited by 05redline; 12-08-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:46 PM

o boy cake. good luck........
Old 12-09-2007, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by 05redline
Wow you sure are a *******. You do know that an STi and gto are damn near idential when it comes to straight line performance stock vs stock. So I guess the gtos suck ass after the 1/8 too then.
now i disagree with cody saying the sti's suck after the first 1/8th and pretty much most things he says, but this is false. The ls2 gto's are much quicker up top.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cakeeater
now i disagree with cody saying the sti's suck after the first 1/8th and pretty much most things he says, but this is false. The ls2 gto's are much quicker up top.
I'm talking about on the 1/4 mile, not a ricer style top speed run. I've seen gtos and stis on the track, and it's a drivers race if they're fairly stock.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Banned

Do you guys grasp anything beyond Need for Speed games and magazines or magazine TV shows?

If you take a STi, EVO and GTO and run them three across and each was driven perfectly this is how it would go.

Launch - 60ft = STi and EVO slightly ahead of GTO due to 1.7 60ft's vs 1.98
60ft - 1/8th = GTO makes up the ground it lost and is dead even
1/8th - 1000ft = GTO slightly ahead with STi and EVO reaching top trap speed
1000ft - 1320ft = GTO now leading and traping at 110mph with a 13.0 e.t.
1000ft-1320 = STi and EVO both trapping around 103mph and with a 13.2 e.t.

If all of you wise ass know it all BS'ers really knew anything you would know that isn't a close race, minus the numbers and going of simple observation.

And since when is beyond the 1/4 or roll racing rice or stupid? And why is it just the people who have 1/8th mile cars that bitch about that also?

GTO = 0-60 in 4.7 seconds, the 1/4 in 13.0 and can do a limited 160mph with power to spare and stop 70-0 in 122ft and pulls .87g.

AWD egg crates = 0-60 in 4.6 seconds, the 1/4 in 13.2 and simply tops out below 150mph but can stop 70-0mph in 116ft and pulls .90g.

With all of that said who the **** cares I would rather have a Vette.

Originally Posted by SniperSSSC
Oh great...this thread has been jacked and its too F'ing cold outside to work out in the garage even with the furnace...please leave the highschool drama where it belongs.....highschool

You do understand that most of the people here are still in highschool right? It's just a shame that there intellegence levels are grade school level.

Last edited by codyss; 12-10-2007 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-10-2007, 10:07 AM

Do you guys grasp anything beyond Need for Speed games and magazines or magazine TV shows?

If you take a STi, EVO and GTO and run them three across and each was driven perfectly this is how it would go.

Launch - 60ft = STi and EVO slightly ahead of GTO due to 1.7 60ft's vs 1.98
60ft - 1/8th = GTO makes up the ground it lost and is dead even
1/8th - 1000ft = GTO slightly ahead with STi and EVO reaching top trap speed
1000ft - 1320ft = GTO now leading and traping at 110mph with a 13.0 e.t.
1000ft-1320 = STi and EVO both trapping around 103mph and with a 13.2 e.t.

If all of you wise ass know it all BS'ers really knew anything you would know that isn't a close race, minus the numbers and going of simple observation.

And since when is beyond the 1/4 or roll racing rice or stupid? And why is it just the people who have 1/8th mile cars that bitch about that also?

GTO = 0-60 in 4.7 seconds, the 1/4 in 13.0 and can do a limited 160mph with power to spare and stop 70-0 in 122ft and pulls .87g.

AWD egg crates = 0-60 in 4.6 seconds, the 1/4 in 13.2 and simply tops out below 150mph but can stop 70-0mph in 116ft and pulls .90g.

With all of that said who the **** cares I would rather have a Vette.

You do understand that most of the people here are still in highschool right? It's just a shame that there intellegence levels are grade school level.
I agree with you cody, people do underestimate the GTO...they are very ******* fast and i wish I had one (but id rather want a zo6 or evo9 MR)
Old 12-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Banned

I was 5 seconds away from buying a new 2007 C6 Z51 and changed my mind.

The $41,000 price was perfect but the $2,400 it would cost me to license it here in Nebraska wasn't to appealing.

I have had more cars in the last 10 years than 99% of the people I know but even I won't just give away $2,100 to own a Vette.

It didn't help that my GTO's interior was better either.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:02 PM

Thanks for that break down Cody, now that you have said so it's official. The GTO being a mid to low 13 sec car from the factory is indeed faster than an STi or Evo which are both mid to low 13 sec cars from the factory. Thank you for demonstrating that they run identical times in the 1/4 and yet you give the edge to the GTO when all the cars in question run the time you put down for the GTO.

****God's vallet has just spoken, God's car is t3h sup3ri0rrr t0 3v3ryth1ng!!!!!!!11101011********

Quick Reply: STI Bad Day!