War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

stock '06 ss/sc vs '02 mustang gt

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by codyss
04YellowGT theres nothing to argue about your a Mustang fanboy and thats that.

I have had LT1's, LS1's and a LS2 not to mention a 1991 GT and a 2003 GT. There is a reason that a GTO sits in my garage over a Mustang. For a V8 "muscle" car the GT is pathetic unless you throw alot of money at it to only be quick. Yes I said quick because they sure as hell aren't fast.

So stop with the me spreading bullshit cry baby nonsense.
Most of this can be turned around the other way and it will be equally logical because most of this is personal preference and opinion.

"CodySS, there's nothing to argue about. You're a Chevy fanboy and that's that."

"There is a reason that a Mustang sits in my garage over a GTO. For a V8 "muscle" car (Mustang's are pony cars, btw), the GTO is pretty pathetic (especially an LS1) unless you throw a lot of money at it (not to mention the higher-than-a-GT entry price)..."

One's opinion of something is based totally on personal preference and how they want to look at it. In your opinion, the Mustang GT is slow(er than your GTO) and therefore it's "pathetic". In my opinion, the GT offers good bang-for-the-buck compared to the GTO (especially the LS1) and so the GTO is a fat, bland-looking pig, that happens to have a good engine in it... IMO, of course.

In the case above, we can CLEARLY have conflicting opinions that have virtually NOTHING to do with FACTS, which are really the only thing someone can argue about and be RIGHT. You can disagree with my opinion, and I can disagree with yours, but when it comes to YOUR opinion, I can't logically tell you that your opinion is WRONG, so it's stupid to act like we can... thus, why I've tried to stay out of these threads recently.

Not that this is going to change the nature of car forums, but whatever...
Old 08-07-2007, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Onyx Dragon
Forced induction is not cheap, and $600 would then need to be spent on the GTO. ANYONE can say "My modded car is faster than your stock one!" That's an argument I would expect from ClubRSX.
well when he is comparing a 33,000 dollar car to a 25,000 dollar car and calling the 25k car pathetic because it is not as fast, i can do whatever i want with money and if he says he needs big money to be quick and i personally have seen a bolt on s197 run 12.8's and a cammed s197 run 12.4's on street tires, i'd say i am being pretty reasonable here.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:53 PM

Forced induction is not cheap, and $600 would then need to be spent on the GTO. ANYONE can say "My modded car is faster than your stock one!" That's an argument I would expect from ClubRSX.
... Which is why having these arguments makes no sense, ultimately. It's obviously dumb to compare a stock $25,000 (MSRP) GT to a ~$33,000 (MSRP) GTO, and it's obviously dumb to compare a $25,000+$5,000 supercharged GT to a stock GTO.

There's no WINNING the argument, because there's no PERFECT, fact-based, all-variables-accounted-for comparison... and there's DEFINITELY no way to eliminate the personal preference.

Some of us like Mustangs... some of like GTOs... and none of us care how much the other likes their car, and no amount of argument is going to change that.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:54 PM

i guess your car and all the cobalts are pathetic little worthless pos's because in stock form my mach will absolutely rape them. that makes sense right? no.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by cakeeater
i guess your car and all the cobalts are pathetic little worthless pos's because in stock form my mach will absolutely rape them. that makes sense right? no.
Do you still wonder why Mustang drivers are hated? Your comment makes no sense. When comparing cars, you compare stock versus stock. Comparing your pony car to my four door is stupid. How many folks fit comfortably in your car? As you can obviously see, as you could have OBVIOUSLY seen before such a STUPID comment, our cars are in entirely different classes. Just because a car costs more does not mean it's faster, nor that it's better. However, having almost purchased a Mustang and a GTO before my current car, I can say that yes, the GTO is a better car. They are also in the same category of car, unlike a cobalt or grand prix versus a mustang. I've been on a mustang forum before, made a purchase for the stock injectors even, never had a problem with a mustang owner until I came to this site. Holy crap, I now see why Mustang owners get such a bad image.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:16 PM

Exibit A of why these arguments are useless. You cannot often extend an opinion logically, as cakeeater has shown.

Of course, this will simply devolve into:

"but the Mach isn't really a competitor of the SS/SC (opinion)"...

"but you could have bought a new Mach for not much more than a lot of people pay for their SS/SC's"...

"but they weren't even made the same year"...

"but you can get a low mileage one for much less than a new SS/SC, now, and that's worth doing to be WAY faster (opinion/preference)"...

"Yeah, and with just S2, I'll hang with a Mach from a roll (hard to substantiate)"...

"Yeah, but that's a modded Cobalt vs. a stock Mach, that's not fair (opinion)"...

"Well, the Mustang would explode before the end of the race anyway (belief biased by preference)"...

"Yeah, well I'd rather push a Mustang than drive a FWD Domestic Rice econobox (preference)"...

"Yeah, we'll you're an idiot, obviously (opinion)"...

"You're a BIGGER idiot and my car is really fast (opinion)"

Is that not how all of these arguments go?

It's because every single argument (except maybe the last two) make total sense to the one saying them, but are idiotic to the other person.

That's personal preference... which is what makes forums fun, but it also makes "which car is better" comparisons totally unproductive.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:18 PM

Do you still wonder why Mustang drivers are hated? Your comment makes no sense. When comparing cars, you compare stock versus stock. Comparing your pony car to my four door is stupid. How many folks fit comfortably in your car? As you can obviously see, as you could have OBVIOUSLY seen before such a STUPID comment, our cars are in entirely different classes. Just because a car costs more does not mean it's faster, nor that it's better. However, having almost purchased a Mustang and a GTO before my current car, I can say that yes, the GTO is a better car. They are also in the same category of car, unlike a cobalt or grand prix versus a mustang. I've been on a mustang forum before, made a purchase for the stock injectors even, never had a problem with a mustang owner until I came to this site. Holy crap, I now see why Mustang owners get such a bad image.
ok then...how about an srt-4? it is LESS expensive than your car, has 4 doors like yours, is fwd like yours, is quicker, and handles better....so your car is pathetic i guess. that's not what i think, but that is the logic you seem to be agreeing with. The point is cody's logic is retarded. His reasoning for a gt being pathetic is that cars that cost a lot more are faster. I could say that about ABSOLUTELY ANY CAR. cody's gto is pathetic because the gt500 is alot quicker, can seat just as many people, etc. Is it true? not in my opinion, but if cody follows his current logic, it should be for him. you need to read my friend. You come out saying don't say this modded car (about my 600 dollar bolt ons comment) should run with that stock car" well cody said it takes alot of cash to make them quick. I made a statement about that comment and you turn it into a whole different argument. Let me recap for you because you obviously are misunderstanding here.

Cody says, "GT's are pathetic. They need tons of money to be quick and they will never be fast. My GTO is great........"

I say, "for 600 dollars there are GT's running just as quick as cody's car and i know a cammed/bolt on GT that will walk all over cody." this is in response to cody saying you need alot of money to make them "quick" cody obviously thinks his gto is quick, but apparently these cars that are just as fast as his car or faster that DO NOT HAVE A LOT OF MONEY PUT INTO THEM are not quick.

Ok, now onto the other part of our argument.

again, cody says gt's are pathetic and uses his gto as a point of comparison. He is comparing a 25,000 dollar gt to a 33,000 dollar gto. Well it would seem just as logical to compare that 33,000 dollar gto to the 41,000 dollar gt500. In this case, it would seem the GTO is the one that is pathetic, but i don't say that do I? Do you hear anyone here saying that? No, because it is not true. Just because there is a more expensive car that is faster, doesn't mean a car is pathetic. If the gto started at 25k and had its current performance, hell yea the GT would be pathetic in comparison, but that is not the case, and in my opinion his logic is extremely flawed.

please read this and think carefully before you respond because your last response to one of my posts, you apparently didn't notice the sarcasm.

Last edited by cakeeater; 08-07-2007 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-07-2007, 04:22 PM

ok then...how about an srt-4? it is LESS expensive than your car, has 4 doors like yours, is fwd like yours, is quicker, and handles better....so your car is pathetic i guess. that's not what i think, but that is the logic you seem to be agreeing with. The point is cody's logic is retarded. His reasoning for a gt being pathetic is that cars that cost a lot more are faster. I could say that about ABSOLUTELY ANY CAR. cody's gto is pathetic because the gt500 is alot quicker, can seat just as many people, etc. Is it true? not in my opinion, but if cody follows his current logic, it should be for him.

oh btw, there is a little something called sarcasm. Read what you quoted again and realize i was making fun of that type of logic which is why i put "no" at the end.

I know there is sarcasm, and everything you posted is still without any intelligence or forethought put into it, sarcasm or otherwise. There is also something called "Being a dick", which you seem to be fitting into during this particular thread. The GTO and Mustang are in the same category of car. One just costs more. My sister's T/A cost what..2-3k more than a mustang brand new, and the LS1 was still faster than the Mustang. As far as potential, the Mustang does not have anymore potential than the GTO. His logic might be somewhat flawed in the price/power thing, however, there are other nicer things that come with cars that cost more as well. Such as a better engine.

Also, christ, how can you not know what cars are in what class? The SRT-4 would be in the class of the Cobalt. The Grand Prix is with the Maxima and Avalon, both of which are slower. How much deeper do you want to sink?
Old 08-07-2007, 04:33 PM

I know there is sarcasm, and everything you posted is still without any intelligence or forethought put into it, sarcasm or otherwise. There is also something called "Being a dick", which you seem to be fitting into during this particular thread. The GTO and Mustang are in the same category of car. One just costs more. My sister's T/A cost what..2-3k more than a mustang brand new, and the LS1 was still faster than the Mustang. As far as potential, the Mustang does not have anymore potential than the GTO. His logic might be somewhat flawed in the price/power thing, however, there are other nicer things that come with cars that cost more as well. Such as a better engine.

Also, christ, how can you not know what cars are in what class? The SRT-4 would be in the class of the Cobalt. The Grand Prix is with the Maxima and Avalon, both of which are slower. How much deeper do you want to sink?
you could also compare your car to the 3.5 altima which is faster, but your car is in no way pathetic because of that, at least not in my opnion. I agree with you in the first paragraph of this post though that the new edge gt's were in fact far behind the ls1's performance wise and in comparison of performance per dollar were lacking immensely, but when it comes to s197 gt vs gto, the price difference is big, big enough that it would be more logical to compare it to the gt500 even which is a significantly better performer that responds FAAAAAR better to modification and has alot more potential, but that in no way makes the gto pathetic now does it?
Old 08-07-2007, 04:42 PM

This is simply the way YOU are looking at class.

Yes, the Grand Prix is in the same SIZE/PRICE class as the Maxima and the Avalon, but what if someone doesn't really care about the SIZE/PRICE class because room/doors doesn't matter to them (or at least not as much as performance), so they consider two cars with similar PERFORMANCE/PRICE to be in the same "class". In that case, the SRT, GT, Cobalt, Grand Prix, etc COULD all be in the same "class".

Again, from one person's perspective (one looking at a class based on size), the Grand Prix GXP is in the same class as an Avalon. On the other hand, someone looking at PERFORMANCE, might put that GXP in the same class as a Mustang, GTO, SS/SC, etc., despite the difference in size and doors.

There are a MILLION variables that make disagreeing with someone's opinion essentially IMPOSSIBLE to do, and this proves it once again.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:54 PM

you could also compare your car to the 3.5 altima which is faster, but your car is in no way pathetic because of that, at least not in my opnion. I agree with you in the first paragraph of this post though that the new edge gt's were in fact far behind the ls1's performance wise and in comparison of performance per dollar were lacking immensely, but when it comes to s197 gt vs gto, the price difference is big, big enough that it would be more logical to compare it to the gt500 even which is a significantly better performer that responds FAAAAAR better to modification and has alot more potential, but that in no way makes the gto pathetic now does it?
So you are comparing a 3.5 altima, a midsized, with a Grand Prix..a full sized?

Also, no, you can't compare a car to a car in a different performance category simply because the car in it's category is not much, if any, competition. It's a little easier with the midsized/full sized crowd as the horsepower is generally in the same range. It's not Pontiac's fault that Ford doesn't make the Mustang GT able to compete with the GTO.

Also, yes, the GTO is a bit of a pig, however, it has a comfortable, nice looking interior. So the price difference between the car is worth it based on the niceness of the inside of the car, taking performance out of the equation.

Originally Posted by Blainestang
This is simply the way YOU are looking at class.

Yes, the Grand Prix is in the same SIZE/PRICE class as the Maxima and the Avalon, but what if someone doesn't really care about the SIZE/PRICE class because room/doors doesn't matter to them (or at least not as much as performance), so they consider two cars with similar PERFORMANCE/PRICE to be in the same "class". In that case, the SRT, GT, Cobalt, Grand Prix, etc COULD all be in the same "class".
Negative, the Grand Prix wasn't meant to compete with the SRT, or the GT. Just because it can, doesn't mean it's meant for it. They are two entirely different types of cars (the Mustang and the Grand Prix). Trying to change that to suit YOUR comparison doesn't mean it's right.

Again, from one person's perspective (one looking at a class based on size), the Grand Prix GXP is in the same class as an Avalon. On the other hand, someone looking at PERFORMANCE, might put that GXP in the same class as a Mustang, GTO, SS/SC, etc., despite the difference in size and doors.
Ok, then let's put it this way as it will make it a little less easy to manipulate. People who know cars know that the Grand Prix, even the GXP, is not in the same class of car as the Mustang, or the GTO. A low 14 to 14 flat car is not in the same category as the high 13 to mid 13's cars.

There are a MILLION variables that make disagreeing with someone's opinion essentially IMPOSSIBLE to do, and this proves it once again.
This proves nothing, other than it shows the people who like to manipulate information/skew data so that they can try to prove a point that is BS.

Last edited by Onyx Dragon; 08-07-2007 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-07-2007, 05:00 PM

Also, yes, the GTO is a bit of a pig, however, it has a comfortable, nice looking interior. So the price difference between the car is worth it based on the niceness of the inside of the car, taking performance out of the equation.
IN YOUR OPINION...

In MY opinion, I don't care if the interior is made out of platinum and ostrich leather and it dispenses caviar right into your mouth, I don't want to pay a bunch of extra money to make my car heavier and slower. That's MY opinion, which you cannot say is WRONG.

You're welcome to disagree with it, but then that would be YOUR opinion.

My preference would be to buy the GT, save some money, and spend a little more money on top to make it as fast as the GTO, while still having money left over, and not weighing quite as much, even if it means I have an "inferior interior". To me, it seems RETARDED to spend money making your car fatter and slower when the Mustang interior is fine, IN MY OPINION.

Of course, other people would rather get the GTO, and IN THEIR opinion, they'd rather have a heavier car for more money that is faster out of the box and has a "better interior". THAT IS THEIR PREFERENCE.

Is either person "CORRECT" or "INCORRECT"???

No... because they are buying something based on their PREFERENCES.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:05 PM

heh.. again i must point out that not everybody can buy a brand new car in cash, most people finance a vehicle. i don't know any banks that will give you 30k for a 25k car, leaving you that extra money you saved to put into the 25k car...
Old 08-07-2007, 05:08 PM

Negative, the Grand Prix wasn't meant to compete with the SRT, or the GT. Just because it can, doesn't mean it's meant for it. They are two entirely different types of cars (the Mustang and the Grand Prix). Trying to change that to suit YOUR comparison doesn't mean it's right.

Ok, then let's put it this way as it will make it a little less easy to manipulate. People who know cars know that the Grand Prix, even the GXP, is not in the same class of car as the Mustang, or the GTO. A low 14 to 14 flat car is not in the same category as the high 13 to mid 13's cars.

This proves nothing, other than it shows the people who like to manipulate information/skew data so that they can try to prove a point that is BS.
I'm sorry you have no understanding that different people have different desires and preferences for their cars.

If my #1 priority is low 14's and I have $30k to spend and everything else is secondary, then I'm going to be looking at GXP's, GT's, GTO's, SS/SC's, etc.

THEN, I'm going to see what is next most important on my list and go from there. What if SIZE is at the bottom of the list? Then, yes, two cars that aren't NORMALLY considered to be in the same class CAN be.

There are a MILLION variables, the first of which isn't ALWAYS size. Therefore, when someone is looking for a car, they don't NECESSARILY have to look ONLY in ONE size class based on what Edmunds.com says is one class of cars.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:15 PM

IN YOUR OPINION...

In MY opinion, I don't care if the interior is made out of platinum and ostrich leather and it dispenses caviar right into your mouth, I don't want to pay a bunch of extra money to make my car heavier and slower. That's MY opinion, which you cannot say is WRONG.

You're welcome to disagree with it, but then that would be YOUR opinion.

My preference would be to buy the GT, save some money, and spend a little more money on top to make it as fast as the GTO, while still having money left over, and not weighing quite as much, even if it means I have an "inferior interior". To me, it seems RETARDED to spend money making your car fatter and slower when the Mustang interior is fine, IN MY OPINION.

Of course, other people would rather get the GTO, and IN THEIR opinion, they'd rather have a heavier car for more money that is faster out of the box and has a "better interior". THAT IS THEIR PREFERENCE.

Is either person "CORRECT" or "INCORRECT"???

No... because they are buying something based on their PREFERENCES.
I read this and my first response was to laugh.

I'm sorry you have no understanding that different people have different desires and preferences for their cars.

If my #1 priority is low 14's and I have $30k to spend and everything else is secondary, then I'm going to be looking at GXP's, GT's, GTO's, SS/SC's, etc.

THEN, I'm going to see what is next most important on my list and go from there. What if SIZE is at the bottom of the list? Then, yes, two cars that aren't NORMALLY considered to be in the same class CAN be.

There are a MILLION variables, the first of which isn't ALWAYS size. Therefore, when someone is looking for a car, they don't NECESSARILY have to look ONLY in ONE size class based on what Edmunds.com says is one class of cars.
So ok. You're going to look at a low 14 second car, a mid to high 14 second car, and two 13 second cars? I'd think that given the variables YOU listed, you'd go with the two 13 second cars. Silly me. I give up. You're an idiot and everything..even facts..to you is opinion.

Last edited by Onyx Dragon; 08-07-2007 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-07-2007, 05:19 PM

04YellowGT theres nothing to argue about your a Mustang fanboy and thats that.

I have had LT1's, LS1's and a LS2 not to mention a 1991 GT and a 2003 GT. There is a reason that a GTO sits in my garage over a Mustang. For a V8 "muscle" car the GT is pathetic unless you throw alot of money at it to only be quick. Yes I said quick because they sure as hell aren't fast.

So stop with the me spreading bullshit cry baby nonsense.
I’m a fan boy, that’s great, even though I like and respect F-Body LS1s and LS1/LS2 GTOs and many other cars. YOU, on the other hand, are the one that disrespects and talks **** about every other car that is competition to your car, even cars that are faster and respond to mods much better than your car. Now see I’m no genius but doesn’t that make you a fan boy? As for Mustang GTs being quick and not fast what is fast to you, I run 11.6s what do you run? Is your car quick or fast?

As for putting a lot of money towards a GT, I posted my friend put a $500 nitrous kit on his car and ran 12.9 and then spent $250 for DRs and with some practice clicked off a 12.6. So he spent $750 and ran 12.6s which is pretty quick, now if that’s a lot of money to you, you need to sell that GTO and get something you can afford. LOL

See here is some more bullshit I can add to CodyBS’s long list of bullshit posts. See dude you just can’t win with me, I have facts and give examples where all you do is say “X car is ****, I owned one, my GTO is way better and every other car sucks because I ran 12.9 but wont post a slip because I only post facts.” Tell you what why don’t you pull you d!ck out of your GTO's tailpipe and get a clue.

To everybody else, like I said I like all kinds of cars and some of the fastest cars around here are built LS1 F-Bodys and I do respect them, I just personally like Mustangs better. It’s not because I think a Mustang is in a higher class or faster or anything, I just like the car better. I know they are not that fast STOCK and are the underdog but hell look at mine and see where it’s at and I’m not done yet. Cody talks so much **** its not even funny, all I can tell everyone is to just ignore him. I just like poking fun of all the BS he really does post or “facts” as he likes to call them.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:20 PM

when i want a luxury car, my last concern is how fast it is in the 1/4 mile. i get a luxury car for the luxury, not the speed. the speed is just an added bonus to how the car feels, drives, and the useless options that make driving fun.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:09 PM

So you are comparing a 3.5 altima, a midsized, with a Grand Prix..a full sized?

Also, no, you can't compare a car to a car in a different performance category simply because the car in it's category is not much, if any, competition. It's a little easier with the midsized/full sized crowd as the horsepower is generally in the same range. It's not Pontiac's fault that Ford doesn't make the Mustang GT able to compete with the GTO.

its not ford's fault the gto can't compete with the gt500...does that make the gto a "crappy" vehicle? No, not at all. You are the one manipulating statements and facts here. Fact- the price difference between the msrp of a gto and gt500 is smaller than the price difference between the msrp of a mustang gt and a gto. All we are saying is cody's view is very skewed because when comparing the two vehicles he doesn't even take into account the price difference, he just says, the gto is a better car (which i am not debating because it is, but it is significantly more expensive) so the gt must be crap. I love how you call me a dick while you are making personal attacks on people who are having a reasonable discussion with no personal attacks. I'm sorry you can't be mature about this, i am not going to argue with you anymore.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:15 PM

I read this and my first response was to laugh.
OK... so you don't know how personal preference works? I prefer Mustangs for several reasons. Others prefer GTO's. Hilarious!

[QUOTE=Onyx Dragon;1304607]So ok. You're going to look at a low 14 second car, a mid to high 14 second car, and two 13 second cars?

Yes, because I'm looking for a car that is capable of low 14's for ~$30k or less. Some people don't care if the car has the potential to run 11's w/ a blower. They just want a car that's quick. Not that complicated.

I'd think that given the variables YOU listed, you'd go with the two 13 second cars. Silly me. I give up.
Yeah, it would be silly of you to ASSUME that I would go with the 13-second cars. What if I decided that my personal preference was that I liked the "boy racer" looks of the SS/SC. Then, the GT, GTO, and the GXP would be wastes of money because they aren't even what I want. Or, what if I decided I wanted something that's a

You're an idiot and everything..even facts..to you is opinion.
I'm afraid not. Please point out an example of a FACT that I've misconstrued as being an OPINION.

BTW, I'm done with this thread.

If you want to answer with a "laugh" or a "you're an idiot" like you've done so far, as a Red Herring to mask the fact that you either don't understand personal preference or that you don't want to admit it's importance, then that's fine. Have fun pretending like you're right and that personal preference doesn't exist.

Unsubscribing...
Old 08-08-2007, 12:29 AM

hmmmm to much arguing....

you agree?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Banned

You guys make me laugh my ass off.

Lets get one thing clear here first, I came from owning LS1 F-Bodies while owning a SS/SC. I decided to trade off my SS/SC because Stage 2 was only fun for so long and I didn't want to void the warranty. I made up my mind in November of 2006 and took a look at the choices available GTO, Mustang GT, Corvette I didn't want to spend over $35,000 and wouldn't touch anything not GM or without a blue oval.

My GTO was $32,000 and a comparable Mustang GT was $30,000. By comparable I mean leather, shaker 500 or 1000 and leather trim. Who the **** would have bought the Mustang GT? The lowest Vette I would have even thought about was the Z51 and most were dealer ordered so they had MSRP's around $50,000-$53,000 no thanks.

Those of you here who keep saying the Mustang is in a different league are stupid. Those of you who call the Mustang GT a $25,000 are just as dumb. For that much you are either getting a loaded pony package V6 or a no optioned Deluxe GT. A Deluxe GT at that price has as much leather in it as my 2001 Z24.

The size argument is also a really dumb thing to bring up. Park a GT beside a GTO
Also the GT weighs what 200lbs less wow thats alot of difference. I better remember to take a dump before I race a GT.

And for christ sake stop with the I know a heads and cams GT that will stomp your GTO ****. Do the same to a GTO and by bye GT once you mod anythings possible so why talk about it?

A Mustang GT is slow stock and mods only make them 1/4 mile quick. The same Mustang that is modded and runs 12.8 cannot even do 150mph. A LSX F-Body or GTO can run the same times and go bounce off a 160mph speed limiter with power to spare.

By the way cakeeater quit acting like you mach1 is so bad ass. It's supercharged and only makes 470whp. A S/C LS1 would rape your silly Mustang mack1.

I am sorry some of you have no clue what your talking about and think I am an ass. After owning everything from Mustangs to GTO's I have some idea of what performance really is.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:07 AM

wow. i think you guys all need to take a valium or something.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:30 AM

all i hear from you guys is this...

BBQ

Old 08-08-2007, 05:10 PM

You guys make me laugh my ass off.

Lets get one thing clear here first, I came from owning LS1 F-Bodies while owning a SS/SC. I decided to trade off my SS/SC because Stage 2 was only fun for so long and I didn't want to void the warranty. I made up my mind in November of 2006 and took a look at the choices available GTO, Mustang GT, Corvette I didn't want to spend over $35,000 and wouldn't touch anything not GM or without a blue oval.

My GTO was $32,000 and a comparable Mustang GT was $30,000. By comparable I mean leather, shaker 500 or 1000 and leather trim. Who the **** would have bought the Mustang GT? The lowest Vette I would have even thought about was the Z51 and most were dealer ordered so they had MSRP's around $50,000-$53,000 no thanks.

Those of you here who keep saying the Mustang is in a different league are stupid. Those of you who call the Mustang GT a $25,000 are just as dumb. For that much you are either getting a loaded pony package V6 or a no optioned Deluxe GT. A Deluxe GT at that price has as much leather in it as my 2001 Z24.

The size argument is also a really dumb thing to bring up. Park a GT beside a GTO
Also the GT weighs what 200lbs less wow thats alot of difference. I better remember to take a dump before I race a GT.

And for christ sake stop with the I know a heads and cams GT that will stomp your GTO ****. Do the same to a GTO and by bye GT once you mod anythings possible so why talk about it?

A Mustang GT is slow stock and mods only make them 1/4 mile quick. The same Mustang that is modded and runs 12.8 cannot even do 150mph. A LSX F-Body or GTO can run the same times and go bounce off a 160mph speed limiter with power to spare.

By the way cakeeater quit acting like you mach1 is so bad ass. It's supercharged and only makes 470whp. A S/C LS1 would rape your silly Mustang mack1.

I am sorry some of you have no clue what your talking about and think I am an ass. After owning everything from Mustangs to GTO's I have some idea of what performance really is.
lol i have a few things to say to just cody. You said it takes alot to make a mustang gt fast. The 12.4 car has less than 3k in it, that was my point, i wasn't saying, "do this to a gt and it is faster than a gto!".
The guy that runs 12.8's is on 3.73's which will easily make it up to 150, he's not on 4.3's or anything.
I never said my mach was bad ass. And i would expect a supercharged 5.7l to rape my supercharged 4.6l, i never said that wouldn't happen...
Old 08-08-2007, 05:34 PM

After owning everything from Mustangs to GTO's I have some idea of what performance really is.

Quick Reply: stock '06 ss/sc vs '02 mustang gt