War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

stock '06 ss/sc vs '02 mustang gt

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by codyss
You guys make me laugh my ass off.

Lets get one thing clear here first, I came from owning LS1 F-Bodies while owning a SS/SC. I decided to trade off my SS/SC because Stage 2 was only fun for so long and I didn't want to void the warranty. I made up my mind in November of 2006 and took a look at the choices available GTO, Mustang GT, Corvette 1) I didn't want to spend over $35,000 and wouldn't touch anything not GM or without a blue oval.

My GTO was $32,000 and a comparable Mustang GT was $30,000. By comparable I mean leather, shaker 500 or 1000 and leather trim. Who the **** would have bought the Mustang GT? The lowest Vette I would have even thought about was the Z51 and most were dealer ordered so they had MSRP's around $50,000-$53,000 no thanks.

Those of you here who keep saying the Mustang is in a different league are stupid. Those of you who call the Mustang GT a $25,000 are just as dumb. 2) For that much you are either getting a loaded pony package V6 or a no optioned Deluxe GT. A Deluxe GT at that price has as much leather in it as my 2001 Z24.

The size argument is also a really dumb thing to bring up. Park a GT beside a GTO
Also the GT weighs what 200lbs less wow thats alot of difference. I better remember to take a dump before I race a GT.

And for christ sake stop with the I know a heads and cams GT that will stomp your GTO ****. Do the same to a GTO and by bye GT once you mod anythings possible so why talk about it?

3) A Mustang GT is slow stock and mods only make them 1/4 mile quick. The same Mustang that is modded and runs 12.8 cannot even do 150mph. A LSX F-Body or GTO can run the same times and go bounce off a 160mph speed limiter with power to spare.

By the way cakeeater quit acting like you mach1 is so bad ass. It's supercharged and only makes 470whp. A S/C LS1 would rape your silly Mustang mack1.

4) I am sorry some of you have no clue what your talking about and think I am an ass. After owning everything from Mustangs to GTO's I have some idea of what performance really is.
I figured Id pick out all the bull **** comments made in your post Cody.

1) You said you wouldn’t touch anything not GM or without a Blue Oval why would you buy a Ford when all you do is talk **** about them saying how you’ve owned two Mustangs and they were both slow and sucked and how the new ones suck too?

2) I looked at a Deluxe GT with Leather, IUP, Automatic, and Shaker 500 for $26,500 so unless you bought every option available and looked at a Convertible I don’t think it was $30,000.

3) Fist who gives a **** if a car can do 150-160 mph unless your car traps that high, there is no real need to hit that high of speed. My Mustang went around 135-140 mph bone stock (I tried it out when I fist got the car and wasn’t very smart.) and I’m pretty sure with my added power and lack of 4.10s I could hit 150 pretty easy.

4) You have no idea what performance really is because the way you talk all your previous cars were slow pieces of **** and you now drive an all mighty GTO. Tell you what a GTO is quick no doubt but I have a bone stock GT500 that will make it look silly and I have a built 04 GT that will blow the paint right off your GTO’s doors. Hell you say you’ve drove everything for Mustangs to GTOs, big deal you act as if you have drove Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Porsches.

Why didn’t you reply to my previous post? Couldn’t think of any good comebacks?
Old 08-08-2007, 08:53 PM

I have an Xbox if that means anything. I can blow you to pieces in Need for Speed Most wanted =D

I'm driving the cobalt and the GT500 aint got **** on me =D
Old 08-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Banned

04yellowGT you obviously think I care more than I really do.

It's just the internet so you can quit sweating and calm down. Calling a GT slow is fact and numerous people will agree. Ford calls it best in class because no one else makes anything like it. Just like when the Dakota first came out Dodge called it the best mid-size pick-up ever, thing is there was no other mid-sized pick-ups.

Just so you know I would take a couple Z06's over any Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Porsches. They appeal to me about as much as a Toyota Echo.

Aldo you haven't proven **** about having a GT500 and it isn't fast enough to make me look silly. You would just look silly for paying $45,000 for a car that beats a stock GTO by two lengths. By the way why not post a pic of your sweet GT500?

You can love your 1/4 mile queen Mustangs and I'll stick with GM.

Nuff said I got a real life to attend to.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:15 PM

It's just the internet so you can quit sweating and calm down. Calling a GT slow is fact and numerous people will agree. Ford calls it best in class because no one else makes anything like it. Just like when the Dakota first came out Dodge called it the best mid-size pick-up ever, thing is there was no other mid-sized pick-ups.

Just so you know I would take a couple Z06's over any Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Porsches. They appeal to me about as much as a Toyota Echo.

Aldo you haven't proven **** about having a GT500 and it isn't fast enough to make me look silly. You would just look silly for paying $45,000 for a car that beats a stock GTO by two lengths. By the way why not post a pic of your sweet GT500?

wait are you saying the mustang gt is in a different class than the gto?
Old 08-09-2007, 05:10 PM

If you dont care then why do you reply to my posts? Also just because you say something doesn't make it a fact, just thought Id let you know.

I love how you call me out about not proving **** when your the ******* king of not proving ****. Youve never proved one thing youve ever posted. I also think Id put more than 2 lengths on you unless you run 12.3-12.5s. Yea and guess what your GM aint got **** on my 1/4 mile queens from any speed.

I guess you real life consists of driving a Pontiac Sunfire right because your sure as hell living in a dream world now.

Oh yea and Ill actually prove what I post since Im not a liar.

I have a few more when it was still at the dealrship if you need more proof. Plus since I posted my GT500 why dont you post you GTOs 12 sec timeslip.

Here is also my 11 Sec GT and Lightning

Old 08-09-2007, 05:22 PM

pwned^^^^^
Old 08-09-2007, 05:28 PM

now thats a ******* BEAST!!!!

Thats DEF Megatron saying....steal me!!!!

I bow to you....

Shes gorgeous.... =D

congrats on the car tho man
seriously, con-*******-grats!

how much you pay a month for it tho?
Old 08-09-2007, 08:53 PM

i call BS. you took those pics of my cars in MY driveway
Old 08-09-2007, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by nanaki
i call BS. you took those pics of my cars in MY driveway
OK you got me. LOL
Old 08-10-2007, 12:38 AM
Banned

Well your the one in the dream world *******.

Oh wait a minute nope your just one of the Mustang fanboys that think 03-04 Cobras run 12.2 and that a GT500 runs 12.1 stock. But back in the real world they run high 12's on a good day.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:11 AM

Oh wait a minute nope your just one of the Mustang fanboys that think 03-04 Cobras run 12.2 and that a GT500 runs 12.1 stock. But back in the real world they run high 12's on a good day.
gt500's have run 12.2's stock. That IS a fact. Unlike the claimed 12's you have run. Where is your slip/video, i have never seen **** for proof from you. You call bs on a gt500 running low 12's (which has happened and been proven over and over) when you claim everything imaginable about GM vehicles and that you have achieved these feats personally, but you never prove anything. High 12's on a good day? so what do gto's run mid 13's on a good day? An 03-04 is considerably faster than a gto in the quarter, if you deny that you KNOW you are lying and you are an idiot. GT500's are faster than 03-04 cobras in the quarter if you deny that also you are even more of an idiot. Wow, i get more and more amazed at your comments every day.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Deathcult
all i hear from you guys is this...

BBQ

that is ******* awesome
Old 08-10-2007, 03:11 AM

Thats fact right. LOL

Once again you say Im a fan boy where your the one who acts like the GTO is god of all cars.

Whats a matter CodyBS, you dont know what to say now that I proved Im not a liar like you are. Thats right once I prove you wrong or call you out you come back with talking more **** and lying about cars. Im sure the only way it runs high 12s is with an "expert" driver like you driving it. I guess you should know how fast a Shelby is since you drive such high performance cars like a GTO.

Hey do you have a proof where a GT500 runs high 12s on a good day. Why dont you look up C&D or Motor Trend and see what they ran.

Hey here is even a pic of my 11.64 run.

Sorry its so blurry I took it with my camera phone.

here are the numbers

The reason the trap speed is so low is because I had to let off at the 1000' mark due to hitting the redline.

Last edited by 04YellowGT; 08-10-2007 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Banned

Why must you still be a ******* and presist I think my GTO is God?

I just told you I only bought it because a Vette was to much there was no Camaro and Mustang GT's were overpriced and slow. I didn't go GTO shopping so I really don't think my GTO is God. I do however know that it happpens to be damn quick and gives a $45,000 a damn good run for it's money.

I don't give a **** what you seem to think either GT500's are mid to high 12 second cars. A real car like a Z06 runs high 11's not fat ass GT500's.

I do wonder what the hell Mustang fanboys are smoking when the GT500 looks like that and they call a GTO ugly.

Oh well your never going to shut up so keep on posting about your ugly, slow and overpriced GT500.......
Old 08-11-2007, 12:48 PM

Why must you still be a ******* and presist I think my GTO is God?

I just told you I only bought it because a Vette was to much there was no Camaro and Mustang GT's were overpriced and slow. I didn't go GTO shopping so I really don't think my GTO is God. I do however know that it happpens to be damn quick and gives a $45,000 a damn good run for it's money.
I don't give a **** what you seem to think either GT500's are mid to high 12 second cars. A real car like a Z06 runs high 11's not fat ass GT500's.

I do wonder what the hell Mustang fanboys are smoking when the GT500 looks like that and they call a GTO ugly.

Oh well your never going to shut up so keep on posting about your ugly, slow and overpriced GT500.......
WOW what shocker you come back with more **** talking and ignoring everything I posted.... suprise!!

I never said your car was god, because I know for a fact it isn't. I think you think so highly of your car that your imaging things now. Come on Cody get a grip on yourself.

I also never said a GT500 runs 11s I said they run low to mid 12s. I guess I think GT500s run low to mid 12s just like you think you GTO runs high 12s. Have you ever raced a GT500 to know your GTO will give one a run for its money or are you just magazine/internet racing? I never called your car ugly, it just not my taste but where do you think a GTO looks so much better than a GT500. A GTO has no lines what so ever it just very bland, IMO.

I do like how you say a GTO is pretty damn quick but a GT500, which can beat a GTO, is slow. Sooo what I guess your trying to say is you bought a slow car, right?
Old 08-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Banned

I am ending this bullshit, no one here wants to read it and I am tired of typing.

You will obviously never understand anything the pure fact that stock Mustang GT's are slow is oblivious to as the fact that your GT500 runs high 12's. People like you pretend your some kind of threat to a Z06, GT or Viper when in reality a Z51 LS2 Corvette is more your equal.

Thats great that you spent however much on your car and it can beat a stock 400hp GTO. Like I said before I don't care but just realize straight line line is the only place it accels over a GTO. Better go read up in some magazines and say i'm wrong

I know a GT500 can go fast just like a slow ass GT can be fast look at yours. But whoopedy fucky dooo. Mustang fanboys like you will argue till the end of the internet I on the other hand won't and don't care enough to try.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:24 AM

hold up... i just noticed something funny. i distinctly remember you saying an 11.6 was not fast (or not impressive or something like that) when you commented on 04s times in another thread awhile back. but then you just said this "A real car like a Z06 runs high 11's not fat ass GT500's. ".

Last edited by nanaki; 08-13-2007 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:29 AM

well, as you know, cody has set many double standards.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:56 AM

Just passing thru...

nice rides 04yellowgt....
Old 08-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Banned

nanaki are you retarded?

A stock Z06 running 11's is impressive, him running 11's in his modded to **** GT isn't.

He isn't running 11's in his 12 second GT500.

Originally Posted by chevysalesman614
well, as you know, cody has set many double standards.
Please inform me of at least one.

Last edited by codyss; 08-13-2007 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-13-2007, 01:12 PM

I am ending this bullshit, no one here wants to read it and I am tired of typing.

You will obviously never understand anything the pure fact that stock Mustang GT's are slow is oblivious to as the fact that your GT500 runs high 12's. People like you pretend your some kind of threat to a Z06, GT or Viper when in reality a Z51 LS2 Corvette is more your equal.

Thats great that you spent however much on your car and it can beat a stock 400hp GTO. Like I said before I don't care but just realize straight line line is the only place it accels over a GTO. Better go read up in some magazines and say i'm wrong

I know a GT500 can go fast just like a slow ass GT can be fast look at yours. But whoopedy fucky dooo. Mustang fanboys like you will argue till the end of the internet I on the other hand won't and don't care enough to try.
The reason your ending this Bullshit is because Ive made look like Idiot once again and you have nothing to come back at me with. I never once said I would beat or even hang with a Viper,Z06, or GT with the GT500 so I don't know where you got that at. Once again you try to talk more BS instead of addressing my posts.

Like I said we need to change this guy's name to CODYBS since BS is the only thing that comes out of his mouth or I guess I should say posts. LOL
Old 08-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Banned

Nothing to come back with are you kidding me? Your a ******* idiot it doesn't matter what I say you will still think you got me or that you weren't spewing BS.

Your the ass that said I would need to run 12.2 or better to hang with your GT500. Thus making it out to be a low consistant low 12 second car at least which it isn't.

Like I have said before your a little Ford fanboy who thinks you know more than you really do since you read it in a Magazine. My posts have come from driving cars and racing them where as your posts usually contain a magazines name. Everything you say is a quote from some God damn raod test. All of which I have allready read and the numbers you say don't match. In fact every road test of the GT500 makes it out to be nothing better than a 03/04 Cobra.

Prove me right and claim I am lying or BS's as you call it.

Face it your a little " someone else built my hot rod " Mustang fanboy. I could be wrong but I highly doubt someone of your intellegence modified your Mustang GT. Not to mention your a magazine racing *******.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:32 PM

Nothing to come back with are you kidding me? Your a ******* idiot it doesn't matter what I say you will still think you got me or that you weren't spewing BS.

Your the ass that said I would need to run 12.2 or better to hang with your GT500. Thus making it out to be a low consistant low 12 second car at least which it isn't.

Like I have said before your a little Ford fanboy who thinks you know more than you really do since you read it in a Magazine. My posts have come from driving cars and racing them where as your posts usually contain a magazines name. Everything you say is a quote from some God damn raod test. All of which I have allready read and the numbers you say don't match. In fact every road test of the GT500 makes it out to be nothing better than a 03/04 Cobra.
Prove me right and claim I am lying or BS's as you call it.

Face it your a little " someone else built my hot rod " Mustang fanboy. I could be wrong but I highly doubt someone of your intellegence modified your Mustang GT. Not to mention your a magazine racing *******.
You call me a magazine racer and then claim you’ve read all these Magazines that say what I posted is wrong. Nothing like magazine racing.

Where have I once quoted a magazine, where have I said X Mag said this? Why don’t you point out where I said this? Also I said I hope your car can run 12.3-12.5 I NEVER said I hope it can run 12.2s or better. I don’t know if your reading someone else’s posts or if you that damn retarded that you think myself or someone else won't look back and see what was posted but every thing you said I've done or posted has been a LIE.

Why don’t you stop trying to make me look like I don’t know what I’m talking about because every time you do I just make you look worse. Trust me I don’t lie and I don’t magazine race, I know what a said car can do and if I don’t I stay out of a conversation, like you should do. Its seems like the only car you know about is the GTO and the only thing you know about it, is that it’s so much better than every thing else.

PS I installed the Blower, IC, and Exhaust on my car. The built motor was done by a friend. I’m sure you must be a master mechanic and have built 1000hp motors right.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:44 PM

A stock Z06 running 11's is impressive, him running 11's in his modded to **** GT isn't.

He isn't running 11's in his 12 second GT500..
any car running 11's is impressive.

Please inform me of at least one.
right here:
Originally Posted by nanaki
hold up... i just noticed something funny. i distinctly remember you saying an 11.6 was not fast (or not impressive or something like that) when you commented on 04s times in another thread awhile back. but then you just said this "A real car like a Z06 runs high 11's not fat ass GT500's. ".
Old 08-14-2007, 09:29 AM
Banned

Ok so it's pretty clear your a complete ******* and don't know what the term double standard means and how to apply it.

I am pretty sure anyone non-ricer would say there is a difference between a built 11 second car and a stock 11 second car.

Your an ignorant ass.

And 04yellowGT give up now your just babbling useles ****, oh wait a minute you always have.

Quit being all butthurt that your GT500 is just another Mustang and that your GT is nothing special. You just come here because it isn't the hot new must have on the Mustang forums.

I almost feel sorry for you.......

Quick Reply: stock '06 ss/sc vs '02 mustang gt