War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

stock 07 cobalt ss s/c vs 03 srt4 with Mopar intake and BOV

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^^ perhaps the dynos i ve seen are alterated...??? either way u get the idea kid
Old 02-12-2008, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by evilgoat
^^^^ perhaps the dynos i ve seen are alterated...??? either way u get the idea kid
Kid?
Old 02-12-2008, 09:17 PM

young man, happy now>?
Old 02-12-2008, 09:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Agreed bov's don't do poop...which is why I said that 260 isn't believable....but i've seen srt4's dyno right around 230 on dynojets stock....and yes I know dynos are only numbers that should only be used for tuning purposes and not bragging rights.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:59 PM

young man, happy now>?
haha What are you a grandpa or something?

Damn get your wrinkly ***** off the interweb. Its to advanced for you.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:35 AM

lolll thats funny.....btw klugsrt4 i'll give you my friend's number so you can teach him how to drive his srt4....out of curiousity, klugsrt4 what do you think my friend is doing wrong when driving his srt4 to get rape by 2 cars from a STOCK COBALT??
Old 02-13-2008, 04:37 AM

Talking Well,tell Me What U Think About This,

I've Got 2007 Ss/sc Cia,dampener,h&r Springs,stage 2 ,i Went To Qualcomm Stadium Where They Have An 1/8 Mile Drag Stripp In San Diego Ca, I Ran The 1/8 Mile And I Ran On My Stock Pirelli Tires And I Ran A 9.325 And My 60 Ft Was 2.116 And My Reaction Time Was .523 . Anything Under A .500 Is Redlighting Here .can U Guys Give Me A Heads And Let My Know How Well U Guys Are Doing On The 1/8 To, Thanks
Old 02-13-2008, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by cobaltssredtint
lolll thats funny.....btw klugsrt4 i'll give you my friend's number so you can teach him how to drive his srt4....out of curiousity, klugsrt4 what do you think my friend is doing wrong when driving his srt4 to get rape by 2 cars from a STOCK COBALT??
I know you asked Klug, but I'll chime in anyway.

If you went from a dig it could be wheel hop (dash starts to rattle), bogging (feels like the engine's about to die) or simply not knowing how hard to put the hammer down after he hooks. He might be munging the 1-2 shift as well, not sure if SRT-4's are prone to clutch slip, but if you're making like a bunny rabbit with your front wheels all the way up to the 1-2 shift, you're not going anywhere fast. Wheel hop tends to exaggerate the RPM's of the motor, and he'll shift out of first earlier than normal if he shifts by the tach alone. Even if he tries to get up to the right speed while wheel hopping, banging the engine against the rev limiter is also bad.

After the launch, or if you went from a roll, he's probably shifting like crap, maybe he's dropping out of gear too early and missing the next gear's powerband (that would feel like the car just ran over glue), or maybe he's just granny shifting (taking too long to get it back in gear). If he misses or grinds a gear, that will hurt him even more.

Really, there's a ton of things he could be doing wrong, and all those go for you as well, if you're doing any of the above then you're not getting the most out of your car either. No way to tell for sure tho unless we see a vid of said race.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by KlugSRT-4

Well you would really have trouble with mine. Even with the 100% stock turbo and pcm controlled boost. You wouldnt have a chance with those numbers.
All in the driver skill.
ok then... its not a debate on what i can and cant do so u say what u need to and i will live with the facts i have... just to put into perspective my dyno numbers were done in a 90 degree day so my numbers are lower then expected when i raced on a mid 50 degree day.... plus i said without the juice. I have a 50 shot going at it and that was installed after the dyno run was done
Old 02-13-2008, 12:01 PM

haha What are you a grandpa or something?

Damn get your wrinkly ***** off the interweb. Its to advanced for you.
your srt-4 has made u think you are a tough man !!!! wherever works for you pal, everyone is tough in the web!
Old 02-13-2008, 12:50 PM

your srt-4 has made u think you are a tough man !!!! wherever works for you pal, everyone is tough in the web!
What intercooler are you running?
Old 02-13-2008, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by xonic
What intercooler are you running?
i bought the car just the way u look at it. 50Trim, + supporting mods and the intercooler i think it is AGP but not 100% sure....Aparently whoever worked on the car had to remove the parts of the front bumper to make it fit.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Badju587
I know you asked Klug, but I'll chime in anyway.

If you went from a dig it could be wheel hop (dash starts to rattle), bogging (feels like the engine's about to die) or simply not knowing how hard to put the hammer down after he hooks. He might be munging the 1-2 shift as well, not sure if SRT-4's are prone to clutch slip, but if you're making like a bunny rabbit with your front wheels all the way up to the 1-2 shift, you're not going anywhere fast. Wheel hop tends to exaggerate the RPM's of the motor, and he'll shift out of first earlier than normal if he shifts by the tach alone. Even if he tries to get up to the right speed while wheel hopping, banging the engine against the rev limiter is also bad.

After the launch, or if you went from a roll, he's probably shifting like crap, maybe he's dropping out of gear too early and missing the next gear's powerband (that would feel like the car just ran over glue), or maybe he's just granny shifting (taking too long to get it back in gear). If he misses or grinds a gear, that will hurt him even more.

Really, there's a ton of things he could be doing wrong, and all those go for you as well, if you're doing any of the above then you're not getting the most out of your car either. No way to tell for sure tho unless we see a vid of said race.
x1000... Great post. Thanks. Tons of ways to **** up with a decent powered front wheel drive. Once you learn how to drive without wheel hop and know just the right combination between gas peddle and clutch you can be very damn fast out of the whole. On my stock run i pulled like a 2.1 sixty foot with no spinning at all.

I dont have any clutch slip but you never know.

You can ask anyone of my friends that are on here i am very impressive with my neon.

Originally Posted by Z Speed
ok then... its not a debate on what i can and cant do so u say what u need to and i will live with the facts i have... just to put into perspective my dyno numbers were done in a 90 degree day so my numbers are lower then expected when i raced on a mid 50 degree day.... plus i said without the juice. I have a 50 shot going at it and that was installed after the dyno run was done
I cant go by dyno numbers at all. I only dynoed mid 260s on my 12.89 run. My hp was not impressive at all.

haha Man i am pry just as old as you are bud. Unless you are hitting 30s.

i bought the car just the way u look at it. 50Trim, + supporting mods and the intercooler i think it is AGP but not 100% sure....Aparently whoever worked on the car had to remove the parts of the front bumper to make it fit.
How do you not know what you have on your car? Thats crazy. There is no way in hell i could buy a car that i dont even know what was done to it.

Originally Posted by cobaltssredtint
Yeah give me your friends numbers so i can make fun of them!

Tell your friends.
1) Take their 4 15"s out of their trunks.
2) Take their 5000 watt amp out (250 rms)
3) Pull out all the small children and babies out from under their cars
4) Take a **** before they go out and dont eat that last chicken wing
5) Die

Last edited by KlugSRT-4; 02-13-2008 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-13-2008, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by CBodnar
Who ever got you this...

needs to return it for this...

Do you every think about how retarded you must sound? Try to learn how to speak the language properly. Also, while your at it please learn how to write it properly.

Here, this could be your first big start.

boi = boy
nice = night
noone= no one
nite = night
tracttion= traction
kno= know
heppen= happen
tha= that
don= don't

That's just your spelling mistakes cheif.
i found, write letters and ****, yo....funny
Old 02-13-2008, 09:12 PM

^^^^ very easy not knowing the car at all. I used to have a ls1 Gto and decided that it was about time to try turboed car and saw this car near my house preety cheap and fast lol. Well they gave me an awesome deal for the gto more than i paid for and made a sweet deal with the dealer and i dont regret one bit so far. i knew it was moded cuz the big intercooler is hard to miss, sick loud blow off valve, nice exhaust, tein suspension (lowered), wastegate, but that was it. I looked at the turbo and did not know that it was a 50trim until i saw a stock srt4 with a very, very, very small turbo lol.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:32 PM

^^^^ very easy not knowing the car at all. I used to have a ls1 Gto and decided that it was about time to try turboed car and saw this car near my house preety cheap and fast lol. Well they gave me an awesome deal for the gto more than i paid for and made a sweet deal with the dealer and i dont regret one bit so far. i knew it was moded cuz the big intercooler is hard to miss, sick loud blow off valve, nice exhaust, tein suspension (lowered), wastegate, but that was it. I looked at the turbo and did not know that it was a 50trim until i saw a stock srt4 with a very, very, very small turbo lol.
Interesting. Yeah my left nut is bigger then the stock one.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Banned

03 srt4 have 215hp stock..remember that 04-05 came with "factoy s1" and an lsd to boost the power to 240hp...so its not a surprise a stock 03 srt4 lost to a stock cobalt ss/sc.since the balts are underrated
Old 02-13-2008, 09:46 PM

^ I think the srt's are underrated as well
Old 02-13-2008, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by 07cobaltss
^ I think the srt's are underrated as well
Yes, both are. Chrysler and GM both lowballed the number. Instead of taking the rating at the crank, they took it at the wheels like you're supposed to, and in the SRT-4's case, did it when the intercooler was already hot. Not sure how they came up with 205 for the SS S/C, but they must have done it under less-than-ideal conditions because 215 WHP isn't out of the realm of possibility for an SS S/C.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:24 AM

x1000... Great post. Thanks. Tons of ways to **** up with a decent powered front wheel drive. Once you learn how to drive without wheel hop and know just the right combination between gas peddle and clutch you can be very damn fast out of the whole. On my stock run i pulled like a 2.1 sixty foot with no spinning at all.

I dont have any clutch slip but you never know.

You can ask anyone of my friends that are on here i am very impressive with my neon.

I cant go by dyno numbers at all. I only dynoed mid 260s on my 12.89 run. My hp was not impressive at all.

haha Man i am pry just as old as you are bud. Unless you are hitting 30s.

How do you not know what you have on your car? Thats crazy. There is no way in hell i could buy a car that i dont even know what was done to it.

Yeah give me your friends numbers so i can make fun of them!

Tell your friends.
1) Take their 4 15"s out of their trunks.
2) Take their 5000 watt amp out (250 rms)
3) Pull out all the small children and babies out from under their cars
4) Take a **** before they go out and dont eat that last chicken wing
5) Die

hahaha, that's funny

Interesting. Yeah my left nut is bigger then the stock one.
That's not good, you might wanna see a doctor about that..

Last edited by cobaltssredtint; 02-14-2008 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-14-2008, 05:47 AM

a little off topic but how much boost do STOCK SRT-4's run at?
Old 02-14-2008, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by xx07cobaltss24xx
a little off topic but how much boost do STOCK SRT-4's run at?
12 on a hot hot day. Most people will say 15 but stage two runs just a little over 15.

Originally Posted by Super_SS
03 srt4 have 215hp stock..remember that 04-05 came with "factoy s1" and an lsd to boost the power to 240hp...so its not a surprise a stock 03 srt4 lost to a stock cobalt ss/sc.since the balts are underrated
NO **** ARE YOU RETARDED! 03s were rated at 215 from the factory, 04 and 05 were rated 230 from the factory.

BUT

THEY BOTH HAVE THE SAME POWER STOCK! Dyno in the 220s. and lsd doesn't add hp.

03s were just as capable of high 13s as were the 04s and 05s.

Last edited by KlugSRT-4; 02-14-2008 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-14-2008, 11:29 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Dang, you guys don't like that he said he beat an SRT-4 eh? Jeez, why can't cobalt and SRT-4 owners get along, if he said he beat it, he beat it, just say good job and move on.

And to whoever said that there is no cobalt that can run a 13...there is probably no Civic Si that can run a 14.0-14.1 stock, right?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fhWttLZ0EmU
Old 02-14-2008, 11:30 AM

shh.... don't say that then this will turn into a 50 page thread lol
Old 02-14-2008, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
Dang, you guys don't like that he said he beat an SRT-4 eh? Jeez, why can't cobalt and SRT-4 owners get along, if he said he beat it, he beat it, just say good job and move on.

And to whoever said that there is no cobalt that can run a 13...there is probably know Civic Si that can run a 14.0-14.1 stock, right?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fhWttLZ0EmU
I dont care if people beat srts or corvettes, what people need to realize is they are NOT beating the car but the driver 98% of the time.
hahah Who said there was no cobalt in the 13s? So the old neon still beats the civic Whoop!

Quick Reply: stock 07 cobalt ss s/c vs 03 srt4 with Mopar intake and BOV