War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Stock G35 Sport vs Stock 2011 Camaro SS(you'll be surprised)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MillerCycle
I posted in the "G spot" section of the G35 forums and they didn't care. They're more into snapbacks and rap music though.
Lmao thats hilarious. Id be willing to bet theyre mostly black and hispanic?
Old 03-27-2013, 12:48 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Since we talking about g35s i raced one like a month ago, while i was still running gm stage 2 parts n bolt ons with custom tune, had me n the wife in the car and im a big guy n still pulled him. No clue the year, id guess it was auto because a black guy was driving it and i dont know many black guys that drive stick shift.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well a 5.0 GT Stock is even with a bolted and above average tuned lnf from a roll. A pretty aggressively bolted and tuned lnf can pull a GT a car at most and fwiw a stock lnf will bust a stock g35s butt. Also I have ran an 08 SuperBee vs my completely stock LNF. Didn't even have enough miles on it to be fully broke in versus the SuperBee with dealer tags. I pulled the SuperBee a few cars. The Chargers are pretty big pigs if I do say so myself. Yeah I'd drive the **** out of one but without internal work they end up being as fast fully bolted as a stock GT 5.0.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Vander Nars
Since we talking about g35s i raced once like a month ago, while i was still running gm stage 2 parts n bolt ons with custom tune, had me n the wife in the car and im a big guy n still pulled him. No clue the year, id guess it was auto because a black guy was driving it and i dont know many black guys that drive stick shift.
My accord pulls(and nearly just walks away) on the g35 from a roll... It's a turd from rolls. Don't doubt it.

The G35 is only fast off the line at the track (where the surface is stickier.... It's slow at digs, because of wheelspin, and rolls on the street) and because of it's quick shifts.
It sucks at every type of street racing, rolls it's manual shifting is kinda slow and it's just not too quick at a roll.... dig it's slow because the tires don't have as much traction on the streets like the track.

Last edited by MillerCycle; 03-27-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
Lmao thats hilarious. Id be willing to bet theyre mostly black and hispanic?
Seems like it. Lol.

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
i see in a later post u get what everyone else is trying to say about car vs car. U do know that stock form mach 1's are good for mid to low 13's? This is just like the last time i went to the track. All the modded 5.0 mustangs were running mid to low 14's whereas i ran in the 12's. The track was garbage and they couldnt hook, hell even my wheels were spinning a bit and YOU KNOW the track is **** when an awd car is spinning off the line.

They should have been right there with me time wise but they werent. Does this mean their modded 5.0l gts were slower? No. Their drivers were slower and the cars were limited by their operators. Does this mean im faster than all modded 5.0l gts or even the gts that were there that day? No. This just means that my awd prevented me from slipping as much as they did and affronted me better times.

I already mentioned that a win is a win however dont let it get to your head ESPECIALLY when the driver is not good.

Driving an auto is a walk in the park at this track and it takes not just an okay driver, but a great driver to keep up with auto equivalent of their car at this track in particular. Auto 5.0 vs manual 5.0 mustang case in point. See that Mach 1 has the power, but that power actually slows him down... because it overwhelms the tires. There was a mach 1 that got sideways and hit the side wall because he shifted too hard into 3rd last weekend, it was totaled.

Originally Posted by FasterIsBetter
Well a 5.0 GT Stock is even with a bolted and above average tuned lnf from a roll. A pretty aggressively bolted and tuned lnf can pull a GT a car at most and fwiw a stock lnf will bust a stock g35s butt. Also I have ran an 08 SuperBee vs my completely stock LNF. Didn't even have enough miles on it to be fully broke in versus the SuperBee with dealer tags. I pulled the SuperBee a few cars. The Chargers are pretty big pigs if I do say so myself. Yeah I'd drive the **** out of one but without internal work they end up being as fast fully bolted as a stock GT 5.0.

A stock LNF is not going to walk a well driven vq35hr 07-08 g35 manual from a roll... driver's race there, drivers being equal the hr should eek out a slight win. It would be close race for a vq35hr 07-08 auto and a stock tc though, with slight favor for tc.

ANY 2003-2006 G35 sedan or 2003-2007 G35 coupe with the weak vq35de engine will get walked all over by a stock LNF, no questions asked.... though.

Though I must say I pulled 1-2 cars on a bolt on 2008 Charger R/T few weeks back, I have done it in my accord and g35.... they are slow pigs for what they are no doubt. SRT8 is different beast altogether though.

Here's the stock G35 in the first post versus stage 2 cobalt ss s/c

Basically the question is.... Will a Stage 2 Cobalt SS S/C run with or lose to or beat a stock LNF. I'll let you guys discuss. Idk much about s/c cobalts. This vid just helps give bearings on the speed of a vq35hr 5-speed auto g35(the manuals are quite a bit faster from a roll).

Professional bench racing is taking place here.

Last edited by MillerCycle; 03-27-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:46 AM
Banned

A basic stage 2 no extra stuff gm tune sc cobalt is pretty much a drivers race vs a stock lnf.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
Yeah the Z is far from a drag car. The most heavily modded N/A cars barely reach 12's, and that's only a couple people with gears and real tires. Even on nitrous, there's only a handful of quick cars. They are 100x more fun to drive than a mustang though, the body motions are so much better controlled, the feedback of everything is just so nice compared to the american cars. Sports car vs. pony car.
appreciate the compliments but if you go here official 1/4 mile track times - Nissan 370Z Forum

you'll see theres plenty of 370Z's well into the 12's and more
Old 03-27-2013, 03:01 AM

Seems like it. Lol.

Driving an auto is a walk in the park at this track and it takes not just an okay driver, but a great driver to keep up with auto equivalent of their car at this track in particular. Auto 5.0 vs manual 5.0 mustang case in point. See that Mach 1 has the power, but that power actually slows him down... because it overwhelms the tires. There was a mach 1 that got sideways and hit the side wall because he shifted too hard into 3rd last weekend, it was totaled.

A stock LNF is not going to walk a well driven vq35hr 07-08 g35 manual from a roll... driver's race there, drivers being equal the hr should eek out a slight win. It would be close race for a vq35hr 07-08 auto and a stock tc though, with slight favor for tc.

ANY 2003-2006 G35 sedan or 2003-2007 G35 coupe with the weak vq35de engine will get walked all over by a stock LNF, no questions asked.... though.

Though I must say I pulled 1-2 cars on a bolt on 2008 Charger R/T few weeks back, I have done it in my accord and g35.... they are slow pigs for what they are no doubt. SRT8 is different beast altogether though.

Here's the stock G35 in the first post versus stage 2 cobalt ss s/c
'07 Infiniti G35 Sedan vs. Chevy Cobalt SS/SC Stage II - YouTube

Basically the question is.... Will a Stage 2 Cobalt SS S/C run with or lose to or beat a stock LNF. I'll let you guys discuss. Idk much about s/c cobalts. This vid just helps give bearings on the speed of a vq35hr 5-speed auto g35(the manuals are quite a bit faster from a roll).

Professional bench racing is taking place here.
The SuperBee is the same thing as an SRT8....

And the actual GMS2 LSJ car is still slower than an LNF by a good bit. On a custom tune however an LSJ would pull the LNF by a car or so. That was either a stock LSJ or a **** GM Tune.

Last edited by FasterIsBetter; 03-27-2013 at 03:08 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:14 AM
Banned

^ it may have been a **** driver, the gm stg 2 cobalt is just as fast as a stock lnf if both drivers are good, grated im talking about old gm stage 2 that had a redline of 7k rpm, i heard later on they changed it back to 6.5k so that would hinder the the sc since it cant rev all the way out like it should.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:35 AM

I posted in the "G spot" section of the G35 forums and they didn't care. They're more into snapbacks and rap music though.
That's really funny

Your here so much, why don't you just get a ss/tc? We shall praise your victories! Join the dark side...
Old 03-27-2013, 12:51 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
That superbee must have got caught off guard or in a bad spot in it's powerband.

no stock LNF is going to put 2 cars on an SRT8 Superbee otherwise. Yes they are big pigs but still make a considerable amount of hp and torque which easily makes up for it.

there are pently of newer srt8's which are also pigs running 12's in stock form easily.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Daddy
That superbee must have got caught off guard or in a bad spot in it's powerband.

no stock LNF is going to put 2 cars on an SRT8 Superbee otherwise. Yes they are big pigs but still make a considerable amount of hp and torque which easily makes up for it.

there are pently of newer srt8's which are also pigs running 12's in stock form easily.
It was top end when I'd get him every time. We tried this a few times. Like I said I really doubt either cars were broke in but he was giving its all.
My last car ran considerably better than my current lnf on the stock turbo did though. I had owned it from day one off the showroom floor.

Now the newer 2012 SuperBee is pretty nice. 12.8 quarter mile running the new 6.4L. I'll give them that but judging by the previous cars they have both owned I doubt he's getting a 2012 Charger.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36133

Check it out. Even on the charger forums they're saying mid to low 13s at best in stock form. What is it lnfs run in stock form? Pretty sure its mid to low 13s....and that's fwd....

Last edited by FasterIsBetter; 03-27-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Daddy

I agree no stock LNF is going to be close to a new 392ci SRT8 Superbee. People r going mid high 12's stock in those. Even an older Superbee like my yea charger SRT8 it is very doubtful THe stock SRT8 charger has a very bad delay in between shitfs because of the TQ managment and a bad delay when downshifting in full auto mode so maybe on the highway but i would suspect the charger to come back hard on the big end. they pull on th top pretty hard for a stock car.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by 04silverwrx
I agree no stock LNF is going to be close to a new 392ci SRT8 Superbee. People r going mid high 12's stock in those. Even an older Superbee like my yea charger SRT8 it is very doubtful THe stock SRT8 charger has a very bad delay in between shitfs because of the TQ managment and a bad delay when downshifting in full auto mode so maybe on the highway but i would suspect the charger to come back hard on the big end. they pull on th top pretty hard for a stock car.
I'm coming from a guy who has owned both and still does own both V8 and four cylinder platforms. If you're not talking about getting a 2012+ SRT8 then you may be disappointed.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:45 PM

And the actual GMS2 LSJ car is still slower than an LNF by a good bit. On a custom tune however an LSJ would pull the LNF by a car or so. That was either a stock LSJ or a **** GM Tune.
Casionerd pulled half a car on I/e tuned srt8 from 40-120. He was about to pull more on the srt8 but they let off. He dyno'd 300 whp and is a very good driver. So you are telling me a stock LNF is the same speed as a modified lnf?

They raced another tune when he was on E, casionerd was pulling so hard past 100 the srt8 sprayed(100 wet shot) and that just stopped his pull.

Stock SRT8 Charger's trap 106-108 mph depending on track conditions stock.

LSJ stock aren't that fast my friend, I have ridden and driven them. It feels like an older Honda car with VTEC though, it feels like there is a surge of power on the top end, idk just random thought. My friend used to have Eclipse v6 6-speed, and says it feels the same speed.

Last edited by MillerCycle; 03-27-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by SSBalt
That's really funny

Your here so much, why don't you just get a ss/tc? We shall praise your victories! Join the dark side...
Haha thanks... It's either 370z, g37 manual, or ss/tc. G35 is just a loaner, long story.

I have driven his and ridden in it, I love it.

Last edited by MillerCycle; 03-27-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:00 PM

Casionerd pulled half a car on I/e tuned srt8 from 40-120. He was about to pull more on the srt8 but they let off. He dyno'd 300 whp and is a very good driver. So you are telling me a stock LNF is the same speed as a modified lnf?

They raced another tune when he was on E, casionerd was pulling so hard past 100 the srt8 sprayed(100 wet shot) and that just stopped his pull.

SRT8 Charger vs Cobalt SS T/C - YouTube

Stock SRT8 Charger's trap 106-108 mph depending on track conditions stock.

LSJ stock aren't that fast my friend, I have ridden and driven them. It feels like an older Honda car with VTEC though, it feels like there is a surge of power on the top end, idk just random thought. My friend used to have Eclipse v6 6-speed, and says it feels the same speed.
Makes sense, I slammed a stock srt8 charger from a dig. He raped me in first then I blew by him at the top of second. From a roll he would have gotten real hurt
Old 03-27-2013, 06:10 PM

Haha thanks... It's either 370z, g37 manual, or ss/tc. G35 is just a loaner, long story.

I have driven his and ridden in it, I love it.

If no ss/tc, get a 350z. The 370's just look strange. Guy at work has a silver one. Looks like a nurse shark in the front. And a hippo squatting in the rear.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:15 PM

yes newer srt8 no contest. but a stock LNF in stock form will most likely not hit mid 13's. maybe high 13's low 14's. from a dig an 08 charger srt8 should pull a stock LNF and even more on top end with the torque. i've seen plenty of vids of stock LNF's getting walked by srt8's. a good race for a stock LNF would be a charger r/t or even a lightly modded one. they run similiar times in the 1/4.

again i think that SRT8 regardless of what generation it was got caught in a bad spot in it's powerband or you were lucky. my GMS1 balt will not pull an SRT8 charger from a roll. i was only able to put 1 car length on an SRT8 jeep from a roll and that was probably due to it's high curb weight, AWD losses and aerodynamics. cut a few hundred pounds and make it more aerodynamic like the charger probably is and that car length is gone. make my balt stock again... it would have probably be a car length for him.

IF this video is true to its description, an SS/SC stage 2 comparable performance to SS/TC in stock form vs a stock SRT8 charger from a roll. not even close.

Last edited by Cobalt_Daddy; 03-27-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:20 PM

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
Where is this thread going? Talking about Dodge's now?

I know stock TC's can pull on high 12 second cars from a 40mph pull. I've done it racing a friend with a 12.7 Foxbody.

The reason the new Dodge's do so well in the 1/4 is cause of the bottom end grunt.

It's all about power band, weight and hp.

Also why do you post here Miller?
Old 03-27-2013, 06:25 PM

Ive pulled challenger RTs and charger RTs as well as SC balts with stage 2.

Though im GMS1.. GMS1 FTW! lol
Old 03-27-2013, 07:57 PM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by cobalttech
appreciate the compliments but if you go here official 1/4 mile track times - Nissan 370Z Forum

you'll see theres plenty of 370Z's well into the 12's and more
2 stock cars and 8 modded cars, that's it. Not very many.

I have a 12 sec 350Z, i'm well aware of how few of them are actually run at the track.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by cranemaster

yes this i can see ^^^^

an SRT8... probably a different outcome in most encounters. especially if you were stock.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cranemaster

Well u should be pull a stage 2 balt there only like 235 to 240 whp with gm stage 2
Old 03-27-2013, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
2 stock cars and 8 modded cars, that's it. Not very many.

I have a 12 sec 350Z, i'm well aware of how few of them are actually run at the track.
I don't see what the big deal is.... my friend's bolt on v6 mustang did 13.2 @ 107.8 mph on all season tires. The vq37 Z responds better much to mods and is 300 lbs lighter. 8 modded cars in a list of 30 total is pretty good.... This is not a fast list of 370Z's around the nation, this is just a list of 30 random owners that happen to be on the forum. Notice how one of the guys did 14.8 @ 93 mph in modified 370z section for example

Originally Posted by SSBalt
If no ss/tc, get a 350z. The 370's just look strange. Guy at work has a silver one. Looks like a nurse shark in the front. And a hippo squatting in the rear.
I'm used to driving an accord that looks like a lifted whale with donk wheels that aren't there. Need I say more ? LOL

Quick Reply: Stock G35 Sport vs Stock 2011 Camaro SS(you'll be surprised)