War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

stock manual rsx vs. the lt balt. . good story

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stock manual rsx vs. the lt balt. . good story

okay so lol . . . . i really thought i had no chance in hell with this one because people are always talking about how fast and slick rsx's are . . . not the case. . . me and my buddy with his 04 rsx base model and my 07 lt . . . we get out of work and pull up to the first red light. . . start reving my engine up to about 2100 rpms . . . my friend is in the manual so he was revin it in nuetral of course . . . light turns green and we floor it . . . right of the bat my car jumps ahead by about af a car length . . we speed up to around 40 and hit the break slightly to drop the rpms and than floor it again. . . my car takes off and the rsx is about two car lengths behind me . . . by 90 i was way ahead of this guy . . . we get into work the next day and dude is totaly upset because he was talking so much **** to everyone about my chevy 4 banger and i smoked him . . so he wanted a second roundfrom a 30 mph roll . . . did not help his case. . smashed him even harder lol . . last time he talks **** about a I4 eh lol . . even rmvd my backseat for this race i was real parinoid about loosing lol
Old 05-10-2009, 01:12 PM

lmao this thread is so funny. Nice job on shutten em up
Old 05-10-2009, 03:18 PM

nice kill dude
Old 05-10-2009, 03:22 PM

funny and a nice kill
Old 05-10-2009, 03:25 PM

did he say anything about vtec?
Old 05-10-2009, 03:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what u mean last time he talks **** about I4?..hes an I4 also??????????
Old 05-10-2009, 03:39 PM

I saw that one coming an 04 cavalier has more horses and torque than a base rsx
Old 05-10-2009, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by bumm81890
I saw that one coming an 04 cavalier has more horses and torque than a base rsx
what? 04 cavi's have 140hp and 150 lb/ft. 04 RSX base has 160hp and 141 lb/ft
Old 05-10-2009, 05:33 PM

chevy deff under rates their hp tho. . im convinced
Old 05-10-2009, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Auddasea
chevy deff under rates their hp tho. . im convinced
Yes, in the SC and TC.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:36 PM

he was saying he had a 6 cylinder under the hood . . . dont know much about rsx's other than a lot of people have them aroun here '.... now i wonder why though lol
Old 05-10-2009, 05:42 PM

he doesnt have a 6 cylinder. and this thread is gay. either he sucks really, really bad, or you are stretching the truth.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:19 PM

lol good kill.
I would have expected a better race though.

The base models just have a 5 speed. Also they have "i" in "i-vtec". They do not have i-vtec like the Type-S's. It's for economy only. Kicks in at 2000 rpms to adjust cam phasing.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:22 PM

why dont i belive this.......

i just got my ass handed to me by an rsx with "header intake catless and exhaust"

i have almost the same (header highflow cat and exhaust) and my cars light as ****. and for those of you saying. "oh you just suck at driving" shoot your self.

dude who raced me could be full of **** or something

not trying to start a fight just my 2 cents
Old 05-10-2009, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by ilovecars
why dont i belive this.......

i just got my ass handed to me by an rsx with "header intake catless and exhaust"

i have almost the same (header highflow cat and exhaust) and my cars light as ****. and for those of you saying. "oh you just suck at driving" shoot your self.

dude who raced me could be full of **** or something

not trying to start a fight just my 2 cents
Base Model?
Could it have been a debadged Type-S?
But you're right. Generally from what I've seen the Base models are not TOO far behind the Type-S models (stock for stock). Especially from a dig since they share the same 1st gear.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
even if he does have more hp than u, peak kicks in at like 6500rpm on the base(160) and 7400 on the type s(200). thats so gay. vtec is gay. and both have 141ish tq at 4000 for base and 6000 for stype. so fricken gay.

u should still take him cause u can keep in ur peak better than he can cause ur peaks are lower and he has to go pretty much to redline and stay there to stay in his peak range. thats why he lost.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:02 PM

whats with straight line racing a base cobalt anyways
Old 05-10-2009, 11:27 PM

not stretching the truth . . . however when i bought my car it had halo projectors and a few other things done to the exterior . . . was pre owned . . . now as far as i can see . . . no mods under the hood but someone told me around here my car drives like it has a ecu tune. . . i cankeep up with the ss's almost im usually a car length behind . . . ill take vids next time I
Old 05-10-2009, 11:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
not stretching the truth . . . however when i bought my car it had halo projectors and a few other things done to the exterior . . . was pre owned . . . now as far as i can see . . . no mods under the hood but someone told me around here my car drives like it has a ecu tune. . . i cankeep up with the ss's almost im usually a car length behind . . . ill take vids next time I
I hope you mean SS/NAs. There's no way your LT is getting anything other than hideously walked by F/I SS models unless it has F/I itself.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by tomj77
even if he does have more hp than u, peak kicks in at like 6500rpm on the base(160) and 7400 on the type s(200). thats so gay. vtec is gay. and both have 141ish tq at 4000 for base and 6000 for stype. so fricken gay.

u should still take him cause u can keep in ur peak better than he can cause ur peaks are lower and he has to go pretty much to redline and stay there to stay in his peak range. thats why he lost.
Wow... you need to research and educate yourself man.

For ONE... those cars (well I can only speak for the Type-S) are geared AWESOME! Plus... if low end torque was so all-mighty important why are most diesels so slow? Answer that one. I have a tuned SS/TC and love the low end torque. But in a drag race... you've got a problem if you somehow land in the 2k rpm range or even 3K range.
TWO..... PEAK torque may not be anything to open your eyes wide, but the curve is EXTREMELY flat. Particularly a reflashed or k-pro'd one. They have nearly the peak torque at 3k rpms even though technically the peak is 6k rpms.
THREE... if you're in a race. After you launch (and depending at what RPM is good launch at) you don't need torque down low anyway. I know this stuff cause I owned one once.
Shifting from one gear to the next was sweet. The next gears rpms would land 5500-6000 rpms. So every gear was peak torque, then peak hp.... then peak torque and peak hp.

They CAN be decent from a dig too but I'll admit it takes a pretty good driver who knows the car well to launch it right. I think most the owners haven't gotten it down which is why you'll see their 1/4 mile times vary quite a bit.

Go run a boosted one with like 280whp and "only" 210-220 lb-ft of torque. They're not slow. I'm sure you'd take it having a modded SS/TC... but it might surprise you when it's not buslengths behind.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Zander916
Wow... you need to research and educate yourself man.

For ONE... those cars (well I can only speak for the Type-S) are geared AWESOME! Plus... if low end torque was so all-mighty important why are most diesels so slow? Answer that one. I have a tuned SS/TC and love the low end torque. But in a drag race... you've got a problem if you somehow land in the 2k rpm range or even 3K range.
TWO..... PEAK torque may not be anything to open your eyes wide, but the curve is EXTREMELY flat. Particularly a reflashed or k-pro'd one. They have nearly the peak torque at 3k rpms even though technically the peak is 6k rpms.
THREE... if you're in a race. After you launch (and depending at what RPM is good launch at) you don't need torque down low anyway. I know this stuff cause I owned one once.
Shifting from one gear to the next was sweet. The next gears rpms would land 5500-6000 rpms. So every gear was peak torque, then peak hp.... then peak torque and peak hp.

They CAN be decent from a dig too but I'll admit it takes a pretty good driver who knows the car well to launch it right. I think most the owners haven't gotten it down which is why you'll see their 1/4 mile times vary quite a bit.

Go run a boosted one with like 280whp and "only" 210-220 lb-ft of torque. They're not slow. I'm sure you'd take it having a modded SS/TC... but it might surprise you when it's not buslengths behind.
u make it seem like i was all about the tq, i barly even mentioned it, and i wasnt talking about a boosted rsx, i just simply stated that he won cause he was in his peak power first and has more rpm to work with where as the vtek gets most of its power when the vtec kicks in at high rpm. i didnt say they were bad i just said vtec is gay, and they should kick it in sooner for it to be better, geez calm down man. i raced a vtec with a sunfire, it didnt start catching and pulling past me till his vtec kicked in, and i just think its not the best thing out there.

i have respect for imports just not so much hondas and higher class hondas (acura) mostly because of the guys who rice em up and think they got something when they dont. And i see ALOT of that where i live. there are a handful that are petty sweet, but most of em are all fart can and body kit and stickers and nothing more.

Last edited by tomj77; 05-11-2009 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-11-2009, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by afireinside7710
what? 04 cavi's have 140hp and 150 lb/ft. 04 RSX base has 160hp and 141 lb/ft
A base rsx has 130hp and 115ish tq I used to walk them all day long in my stock cavalier and I completeky butt **** them and the type s in my cobalt
Old 05-11-2009, 11:32 AM

o god. another one of those people.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by tomj77
u make it seem like i was all about the tq, i barly even mentioned it, and i wasnt talking about a boosted rsx, i just simply stated that he won cause he was in his peak power first and has more rpm to work with where as the vtek gets most of its power when the vtec kicks in at high rpm. i didnt say they were bad i just said vtec is gay, and they should kick it in sooner for it to be better, geez calm down man. i raced a vtec with a sunfire, it didnt start catching and pulling past me till his vtec kicked in, and i just think its not the best thing out there.

i have respect for imports just not so much hondas and higher class hondas (acura) mostly because of the guys who rice em up and think they got something when they dont. And i see ALOT of that where i live. there are a handful that are petty sweet, but most of em are all fart can and body kit and stickers and nothing more.
We're cool. Now you're making sense. In the other post you just generalized this is gay and that's so gay, etc.

I like RSX's... I don't care what people think of me for it. Every car make has rice. I see crap all of the time. Base Neons, Grand Ams, Grand Prixs, Civics, Accords, Cobalts, Camry's from time to time... everything.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Zander916
We're cool. Now you're making sense. In the other post you just generalized this is gay and that's so gay, etc.

I like RSX's... I don't care what people think of me for it. Every car make has rice. I see crap all of the time. Base Neons, Grand Ams, Grand Prixs, Civics, Accords, Cobalts, Camry's from time to time... everything.
cool, now go tell the guy at work in the stock rsx to stop ripping up and down main, i could run faster than that. LOL no offence but if ur gonna laugh when a guy in a turbo civic says " just go and ill catch up" then him and his car deserve to get laughed at. LOL LOL true story, happened to a friend of mine.

Rsx's are sweet looking cars in the end.

Quick Reply: stock manual rsx vs. the lt balt. . good story