War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

street race

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
street race

like the title says if you dont like it dont read it.

for the rest of the world. here goes. im driving down the highway in the middle of the day on the phone doing about 60. a white sti pulls up next to me. dont know the year but it has the triangle grill. it also has two spoilers one on the roof and the other on the trunk in the usual spot. it has little red stickers near the sti badge not sure what they said cause i was on the phone.

so the guy matches me on the highway im in the slow lane behind a mac truck no one else is on the road anywhere. so i slow down a bit and he gets in front of me behind the truck to get my attention. i see his car has a nice exhaust, not a fart can but a chrome normal sized muffler. def after market but not gaudy. i hang up the phone.

i put the car in 4th gear (i know wrong gear but i am cocky in this car as is) i move over to the fast lane and he does the same. we go up to about 75 as we pass the truck and he lays into it... he immediately jumps 4 cars on me. as i start to get into the power band i real in one car length maybe two but no more than that. at 7k rpms in 4th i shift into fifth, he is still ahead of me but i pull another 1/2 car on him. so im def within 2 cars of this guy, we are moving pretty damn fast at this point on a straight stretch of highway and i cant pull him in any closer. so i flash my lights once to let him know im done and he lets off the gas. we slow down to sane speeds and i pull up beside him. i give the guy the thumbs up and he does to me as he mouths the words wow thats fast to me i give him the thumbs up again and he takes the exit.

im a bit disappointed that my car didnt have the grunt to pass him but at those speeds neither car had much more left in them so it was a good day. no cars involved accept us no blind corners and two fast cars. lmk what you think
Old 03-12-2008, 11:23 AM

Awesome story least he had respect for you and wasn't an ass like some can be.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice, if you would of dropped it in to third you would of got him easy. cocky little bastard.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:26 AM

sti's and evo's are great from a dig. rolling races they don't have the awd launch. i got a friend that has a white sti, 06 i think, that is about as modded as me, and he gets so pissed that he can't get me on a roll - it's pretty much a driver's race, who shifts better, who drives better, but it's usually me that pulls ahead (barely). but from a dig.. holy ****, do i get my ass handed to me

yeah, never race a suby from a dig..
Old 03-12-2008, 11:40 AM

i have lost two races in a row now for not downshifting but im learning. the first one i left it in fifth this on ei dropped to 4th so maybe next time ill drop to third and really see what the car will do
Old 03-13-2008, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by freakta
like the title says if you dont like it dont read it.

for the rest of the world. here goes. im driving down the highway in the middle of the day on the phone doing about 60. a white sti pulls up next to me. dont know the year but it has the triangle grill. it also has two spoilers one on the roof and the other on the trunk in the usual spot. it has little red stickers near the sti badge not sure what they said cause i was on the phone.

so the guy matches me on the highway im in the slow lane behind a mac truck no one else is on the road anywhere. so i slow down a bit and he gets in front of me behind the truck to get my attention. i see his car has a nice exhaust, not a fart can but a chrome normal sized muffler. def after market but not gaudy. i hang up the phone.

i put the car in 4th gear (i know wrong gear but i am cocky in this car as is) i move over to the fast lane and he does the same. we go up to about 75 as we pass the truck and he lays into it... he immediately jumps 4 cars on me. as i start to get into the power band i real in one car length maybe two but no more than that. at 7k rpms in 4th i shift into fifth, he is still ahead of me but i pull another 1/2 car on him. so im def within 2 cars of this guy, we are moving pretty damn fast at this point on a straight stretch of highway and i cant pull him in any closer. so i flash my lights once to let him know im done and he lets off the gas. we slow down to sane speeds and i pull up beside him. i give the guy the thumbs up and he does to me as he mouths the words wow thats fast to me i give him the thumbs up again and he takes the exit.

im a bit disappointed that my car didnt have the grunt to pass him but at those speeds neither car had much more left in them so it was a good day. no cars involved accept us no blind corners and two fast cars. lmk what you think
What mods do you have that make you so 'cocky'?
Old 03-13-2008, 09:42 AM

its a driver mod. this is one of the slowest cars ive owned and with most of my other fast cars i dont downshift and they pull past almost everyone... so its just a bad habbit ive gotten into over the years.