War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

TC Gets trash talked by an 05 Celica

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FutureEcotecOwner
I totally understand what you're saying, but to say buying a 3k Fox Body Mustang and making a sub 10 second car that is streetable for under 10k is rediculous, now that is crazy. All of the platforms you mentioned are great, but brand new of those would look like this:

EVO - 35k
SRT4 - 22k
Corvette - depending on model, 45k-105k
Terminator - 35k
GT500 - 55k
Camaro SS - 30k
WS6 - 30k

Those are brand new prices, and of course you can buy each one of those used for about half of what they were new with the exception of the Vette and GT500. You seriously need some education on some of the fastest streetable Mustangs, because 90% of them were bought used for under 5k and turned into MONSTERS!!

since when is money an object? Those cars I listed are of higher quality and better build. Thats why they can handle much higher tolerences than any other junker. And this is whats makes them the great platforms they are.

U cant tell me any foxbody can even come close to handling the same tolerences of any of those cars. This is why the old technology was replaced with new technology. New technology is better, and superior in every way. This technology is what makes a car a good or bad platform.

Those 5.0l ur talking about arent even the same car anymore. SO again, how is an engine swapped 5.0l better than a terminator running a mammoth kenne bell? Its not. If u can afford a cobra, u can afford the work to put into it. Hell, can a 5.0l run 1600 whp on stock block before showing signs of stress? I dont think so. A terminator can.

and according to ur logic, AS I SAID, if all u want is cheap, get a go-cart and strap a LS7 on it. Much cheaper than building a 5.0l for 13k+.

But what do u get in the end? A shell with an engine. This is exactly what a built 5.0l is. A shell with an engine. Its not even remotely the same car anymore, which is why theyre like any other cheap junker u can buy and throw money at. Theyre no different than a honda civic, toyota camry, or any other built hunk of garbage. You get what u pay for in the end.

Originally Posted by _UnLiMiTeD_
Raced one in my Cobalt SS/NA
theyre so slow

Last edited by 1BADSS/SC; 07-05-2009 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-17-2009, 04:02 PM

just found out this kid lives in my neighbourhood, I drove by him on my way to work this morning, he was mowing his lawn, looks at me and shoots me a glare and thumbs down..
Old 07-17-2009, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by jmiller15
just found out this kid lives in my neighbourhood, I drove by him on my way to work this morning, he was mowing his lawn, looks at me and shoots me a glare and thumbs down..

LOL. U should tell him his celica is a slow POS
Old 07-17-2009, 05:51 PM

my girlfriend pointed and laughed today
Old 07-17-2009, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by jmiller15
my girlfriend pointed and laughed today

hahaha.

celicas are so freakin gay.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
since when is money an object? Those cars I listed are of higher quality and better build. Thats why they can handle much higher tolerences than any other junker. And this is whats makes them the great platforms they are.

U cant tell me any foxbody can even come close to handling the same tolerences of any of those cars. This is why the old technology was replaced with new technology. New technology is better, and superior in every way. This technology is what makes a car a good or bad platform.

Those 5.0l ur talking about arent even the same car anymore. SO again, how is an engine swapped 5.0l better than a terminator running a mammoth kenne bell? Its not. If u can afford a cobra, u can afford the work to put into it. Hell, can a 5.0l run 1600 whp on stock block before showing signs of stress? I dont think so. A terminator can.

and according to ur logic, AS I SAID, if all u want is cheap, get a go-cart and strap a LS7 on it. Much cheaper than building a 5.0l for 13k+.

But what do u get in the end? A shell with an engine. This is exactly what a built 5.0l is. A shell with an engine. Its not even remotely the same car anymore, which is why theyre like any other cheap junker u can buy and throw money at. Theyre no different than a honda civic, toyota camry, or any other built hunk of garbage. You get what u pay for in the end.

theyre so slow
i honestly hope your kidding