War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

For Those Who Like to Street Race

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
the victims were old and going to die soon anyway...

Yes, that was a terrible joke. This is why dumb people shouldnt be allowed to drive. I wouldnt be surprised if this kid had a bad driving record and all of this could have been avoided by taking his license sooner.

Stupid kid. Such a waste of life.
I'd have to disagree with that statment. Just because you take away the license doesn't mean he won't continue to drive. I go to school with a kid who's had his license revoked twice, as well as countless speeding and reckless driving and street racing tickets, and still continues to drive even while having a revoked license. He says he just doesn't care...People like this should just be locked up.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by DSmastery
so is this a part out?

i got dibs on the Recaros
ah you beat me too it!
Old 02-06-2010, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by IhaveReturned
"The youngest victim was Ferguson’s girlfriend and passenger, 18-year-old Kayla Ann Pratorius of Magnolia."
and more then likly she wasn't wearing her seatbelt theres a time and place for speed but coming of a hill and through a intersection isn't either
Old 02-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 214 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by ralliartist
he's still got 3 good rims and tires. Wonder if he would sell them? hmmmmm..............
im stateside i get dibs first lol
Old 02-06-2010, 11:34 AM

Soooo.......Did he win the race?
Old 02-06-2010, 11:39 AM
I'm too JDM for you

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i believe he deserves whatever punishment he gets. but you can't put all street racers into this category. some of us choose to do it out in the middle of nowhere while guys like this do it in dangerous traffic
Old 02-06-2010, 11:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC
im stateside i get dibs first lol
dibs, ****......Highest bidder!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS
i believe he deserves whatever punishment he gets. but you can't put all street racers into this category. some of us choose to do it out in the middle of nowhere while guys like this do it in dangerous traffic
this.......

Last edited by ralliartist; 02-06-2010 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-06-2010, 11:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobalttc05
Soooo.......Did he win the race?
he won the battle but lost the war
Old 02-06-2010, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by DSmastery
he won the battle but lost the war
Ooh, well played sir.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EthensCobalt
street racing is stupid but this is still a kid........... life in prison because of him killing someone buy a very stupid mistake is cruel buddy. Imagine if he was your son would you say the samething. If this crashed woulda happened at 75mph and he only ran the intersection it would have had the same outcome, but we wouldnt be seeing this posted on these forums

sidenot:im glad i drive a cobalt these things seem to be really safe in extremly bad crashes
If you lost 4 of your family members in that van you would be boo hooing like a ************.

15 years for this ******?

I'd like to light him on fire and watch him burn to death.

Everyone here has done something stupid on the street.

You take that risk...he murdered 5 ******* people total.

And gets 15 years? What a waste of time. 5 people are gone because he wanted to be someone cool.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by steddy2112
If you lost 4 of your family members in that van you would be boo hooing like a ************.

15 years for this ******?

I'd like to light him on fire and watch him burn to death.

Everyone here has done something stupid on the street.

You take that risk...he murdered 5 ******* people total.

And gets 15 years? What a waste of time. 5 people are gone because he wanted to be someone cool.
If he had murdered those people on purpose, then he'd certainly deserve whatever was coming to him. But he didn't, did he? No, it was accidental. However stupid he might be. Fifteen years in plenty for an accident, stupid or not.

Someday if you accidentally mowed down 5 or 6 people and got life in prison, I doubt your stance would be the same. Or if your child were in a similar situation. A bunch of E-thugs on CSS.net do an excellent job of illustrating lack of compassion and understanding.

I see someone who lacks compassion as trash below even that of an idiot who accidentally kills someone and learns a lesson from it.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 214 Likes on 173 Posts
time to make the popcorn.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:28 PM

does anyone know where in montgomery county the crash happened? i see the intersection is stated but i have no clue where that is
Old 02-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Banned

street racing is stupid but this is still a kid........... life in prison because of him killing someone buy a very stupid mistake is cruel buddy. Imagine if he was your son would you say the samething. If this crashed woulda happened at 75mph and he only ran the intersection it would have had the same outcome, but we wouldnt be seeing this posted on these forums

sidenot:im glad i drive a cobalt these things seem to be really safe in extremly bad crashes
He should be thanking his lucky stars every day he's locked up that 15 years was all he got. And if the people in the van was part of your family or freinds or his girlfreid that he killed was a freind or your sister you might see the impact he has caused. The people who died all of their friends and family members will have to live with the loss and hurt of this accident forever, all because one fuc*king idiot decided to shoot down the road at 135mph without any regard or concern of others on the road. And if I had a family member who did that then yes they should get the same out come sit in prison to think about what they did
Old 02-06-2010, 01:56 PM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by drewbroo
"The vehicle was also equiped with a turbo-boost which was altered."
someone needs to reasearch before they write....

Whats "a turbo-boost?" I want one so I can alter it.
I believe that's a Knight Industries modification;
I saw first hand hte turbo boost buttons on KITT when I was last at Volo.

Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS
as much as I am against street racing in any form, I'll agree it's going to happen - but if the people can take it away from residential areas, or areas where anyone else is they are doing everyone else a favor.
We have a local track and for years now we have had a local street racing scene, that everyone knows about. Our track was nearly closed down last year, I suspect it was in large part to do with the community that has come up around the track, and the people have complained about hte noise...
Typical... why not move right by an airport and complain about the planes!

Although I have never been involved in street racing, it has been going on for just about as long as there have been paved roads... the differnce is when immature drivers get fast cars, and in their own convoluted mind think that 135mph is a safe speed...
135mph is plain stupid - I did roughly that speed several years back, on a secondary highway with no one around for many many miles... Did it once, don't plan on doing it again.

As much as some of you might hate me for saying this, I think all new drivers should have to do a couple years of driving a <140hp car before they can move up to some thing better...
Think Chevette...
Gives you time to learn how to respect the road, and others your sharing the road with.

The thing that really got me about that video was the scene - he was right behind a bunch of houses. There is absolutely no way a person (the bike & F-150 lucked out btw) can justify 135mph in a residential area - that's just looking for trouble.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The video showed a 65mph speed limit. He was going 135mph. 75 in a 65 people understand. 135 in a 65 is stupid and there is no reason for that.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:30 PM

Everyone has a different opinion on how they think things should be handled. You can argue all day but unless one of you is sitting in that court room it doesn't really matter. He got what he got and that's the end of it. **** I think I'd request the death penalty if I were that kid. No point in spending 15 years in jail. Your life will always be fucked from there on out. And on the discussion about the track closings I agree it is very stupid. I think they should start zoning land for tracks so that stupid ******* people can't build their house next door then bitch about the noise. It's like the track is not some big ******* secret. You know what goes on there. Think about it. Don't tell me not to race on the street and then take away the few places where I can legally and more or less safely do it. A few will always ruin it for the majority.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:51 PM

i call his seats.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Sarvoth
If he had murdered those people on purpose, then he'd certainly deserve whatever was coming to him. But he didn't, did he? No, it was accidental. However stupid he might be. Fifteen years in plenty for an accident, stupid or not.

Someday if you accidentally mowed down 5 or 6 people and got life in prison, I doubt your stance would be the same. Or if your child were in a similar situation. A bunch of E-thugs on CSS.net do an excellent job of illustrating lack of compassion and understanding.

I see someone who lacks compassion as trash below even that of an idiot who accidentally kills someone and learns a lesson from it.
i dont consider crashing into someone at 130mph an accident.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nismothecat
i dont consider crashing into someone at 130mph an accident.

so you think he meant to crash into them? he meant to kill them all and spend months in the hospital and then take a 15 year vacation in the slammer? unless thats true it was an accident. he didnt intend to hurt anybody, which is why its considered an accident.

yes it was stupid to do, BUT he didnt mean to murder anybody. 15 years is a fair amount of time. anything more is ridiculas considering the kid was probably just a good kid who made a stupid mistake. good people are not meant to be in jail...keep that in mind people.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:23 PM

I think 15 years is way too short of a sentence....I'd say 25- life with out possibility of paroll until he's served 30 years is good enough.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:52 PM

lol I like how it was "converted to a high performance vehicle." All three SS models are capable of doing 135 mph stock and according to most insurance companies are high performance vehicles from the factory.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:53 PM
RBC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
What this guy was doing was not street racing! He was being an idiot as many people on here do every day. I get so disgusted when I see the "whats the fastest you've gone in your balt" threads, and the difference between the people in those threads and this guys is....... They got lucky and didn't get into an accident. They all are stupid. Street racing is going to happen no matter what. They can make all cars 3cyl and make 25hp and people will still race them. I have been involved in racing as long as I can remember, on and off the street. I still go to street races on occasions but only to watch. I know TONS of people that do and IF there is a responsible way to street race they do it and that's the type I have been involved in, in the past and even then it was a very, VERY few times(racing wise). It seems now days there are two many people that want to do burn outs and donuts in a crowd of people or do 100+. The street races I have generally gone to in the past they meet where every one else meets but you have to be invited to race or go with them and is heavily monitored. I prefer the track, but like many people said above they are disappearing. If someone says they have never been involved in a street race or broken a law in a vehicle your a liar. This guy broke the law and he is paying for it.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike09SS
so you think he meant to crash into them? he meant to kill them all and spend months in the hospital and then take a 15 year vacation in the slammer? unless thats true it was an accident. he didnt intend to hurt anybody, which is why its considered an accident.

yes it was stupid to do, BUT he didnt mean to murder anybody. 15 years is a fair amount of time. anything more is ridiculas considering the kid was probably just a good kid who made a stupid mistake. good people are not meant to be in jail...keep that in mind people.
I see and accident as something that is not preventable. I am pretty sure if he wasn't going 135 the accident would have been prevented at least the deaths.

I just hate to think about the people might still been alive when the van burst into flames and the witness just backed away and watched.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rissa
I think 15 years is way too short of a sentence....I'd say 25- life with out possibility of paroll until he's served 30 years is good enough.
This is why you're not a judge. You're a perfect example of the person who's all for harsh sentences so long as it isn't affecting you.

Like I've stated before. Put yourself in that situation, or your child, parent, brother, sister, or best friend... Then would you see it as so black and white? Throwing away someones life for an accident? I doubt it. Once before on this subject (about a robbery) you disagreed with me stating that unless the crime committed cause -PERMANENT- damage to the victim and is NOT mitigated by time, then the perpetrator should not suffer a life penalty (including death). You mentioned rape, this is why I said crimes not mitigated by crime. A repeat rapist (or violent repeat offender) should suffer steep penalties. But IMO even rape should not be an automatic life sentence the first time, very harsh; YES.

I severely doubt this guy meant to kill or hurt anyone. He made an incredibly stupid decision to haul ass down a residential street. And he is paying the price for it. Fifteen years for the pain caused is fair. Fifteen years for stupidity or any other reason is not. He got what was coming to him, no less. So unless you intend to play both sides of the field, Rissa; I suggest your input on street racing topics now focus on bitching about the speeds involved and damning all participants to lose their entire lives in the result of an accident.

In response to Nismothecat

In response to Nismothecat; similar to as I've said before... If you mow someone down going 130 MPH on accident; then I suppose you're a sick killer and deserve to lose your entire life. Right? Wrong. Douchebag. You'd deserve a punishment, and a second chance at life having learned from your mistakes.

It's sickening how quickly you people throw those you do not know or care for under the bus. It's one of those 'It wont happen to me' situations, where nobody just seems to give a **** or realizes how real the situation is. It is real, to the families of the deceased and the guy who nearly died himself, and will now lose 15 years of his life; and probably never recover. It's a sad situation all around. Going too fast doesn't automatically make it a horrid crime, it was a ******* ACCIDENT.

Quick Reply: For Those Who Like to Street Race