War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

tonights' kill/killed by list

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile tonights' kill/killed by list

got bored around 7 or so and went out for a cruise. ran into an evo tried to get him to go but he wouldn't. ran into a 94-98(one of those older bubbley looking mustang gt's) from a 60mph roll, walked him pretty bad up to around 100-110.. had about 4 car lengths on him. he then felt he needed to compensate for the loss and his dumb ass took an exit ramp and jumped in front of me and almost slid right off the road.

drove around some more and a guy wa sleaning out his ford explorer window asking me about the car, for whatever reason he took off from the light, i didn't do anything cause i just found it amusing he was trying to race me. i get up on the freeway again and cruising along and that suv come bolting past me, i figured he had a running start so i took off (going about 70 or so) and when i jumped lanes there was a newer mustang gt 99-04 (one of the models with the staight lines instead of being all bubbley), coming up fast, so i jumped back over and the stang was trying to run up on the suv lol. they all slowed down and the guy in the stang looked over and nodded, honked three times and we took off (around 65ish) ran up to 100 and he put about two cars on me, and then the suv comes bolting past us again.

next thing you know i'm behind the stang, in the slow lane and a huge pickup and two more suv's are running past us to catch the ford explorer. it was so funny, we started to follow those guys and by the time we hit downtown and i wanted to turn around, there was atleast a 6 vehicle convoy bolting down the road lol it was great.

so tonight =

ss walked older gt stang (4.6L)

ss got walked by a newer gt stang

people that drive suv's and large pickup trucks are in denial
Old 07-15-2005, 11:16 PM

Too bad you got beat by the '99-'04 stangs. I've raced two so far, and have yet to lose (1 tie, and 1 win).
Old 07-16-2005, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by phxSS
Too bad you got beat by the '99-'04 stangs. I've raced two so far, and have yet to lose (1 tie, and 1 win).
A Tie??? No comment!
Old 07-16-2005, 06:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

People play to much need for speed! SUVS and racing dont mix but that durango and the hemi is pretty bad ass thoe..... I beat two GT's 2003 models and lost to a GT looking cobra i was lost guy told me he crashed his car so got his parts off a GT so it had no looks of a cobra and i got owned
Old 07-16-2005, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by cvenom2122
People play to much need for speed! SUVS and racing dont mix
Well there are a couple that are pretty quick out there. That Porsche SUV is pretty quick and people have been running high 13's in the new Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8.

And then there was the Denali (sp?) I saw at the dyno w/ an aftermarket turbo that put down 450whp and almost 500ftlbs. And that's an AWD AUTO. Still about as aerodynamic as the Empire State Building tho...
Old 07-16-2005, 02:50 PM

Nice runs! The 99-04 GT's are MUCH faster than the 94-98's... as you now know Just get some mods and try again.

On another note, what's so funny about PHX saying he "tied" a GT?
Old 07-16-2005, 04:18 PM

How do you tie someone??? either you win or you lose, sounds to me like a ricer statement. Hes a loser in denial, get over it, you lost, admit it! Blaine, and backing up a tie doesn't look good on your part. If'd you'd like, you can explain to me how you have a tie when street racing. Have a nice day Blaine and PHX!
Old 07-16-2005, 04:35 PM

HEY NOW! haha what's wrong with racing SUV's? I took the Touareg and beat a BWM 2 Xmas eve's ago! the guy looked pissed, and embarassed since his hot girlfriend was in the car.

haha.. I had a good kill the other day.. nothing too detailed, just me cruising around in the 325 cic... and I spotted some hoodlum kids in a SE-R Spec V... on Mentor Ave, some people from NEO may know where that is. at any rate, I had him by about 2 car lengths when I decided 65 in a 35 is bad news.

Good driving though man
Old 07-16-2005, 07:26 PM

spec v's are quick, and its almost impossible to tie in a race, it may look really close but one definitly wins
Old 07-16-2005, 07:29 PM

well.. since most of these races dont start at a tree.. it means there's noone timing us. would u rather people say "dead even".. i raced 4.6L GT and TIED. i dont know who won.. to close to call. so yes, for our sake we can tie. Now the track is a diff. story.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Devin72985
How do you tie someone??? either you win or you lose, sounds to me like a ricer statement. Hes a loser in denial, get over it, you lost, admit it! Blaine, and backing up a tie doesn't look good on your part. If'd you'd like, you can explain to me how you have a tie when street racing. Have a nice day Blaine and PHX!

Originally Posted by PaulSS
well.. since most of these races dont start at a tree.. it means there's noone timing us. would u rather people say "dead even".. i raced 4.6L GT and TIED. i dont know who won.. to close to call. so yes, for our sake we can tie. Now the track is a diff. story.
Amen...

Why do you cool guys have to be so technical... I mean, if you want to be technical, Devin568237834, I could look at your sig and say...

"You can't POSSIBLY be bored .20 over!!! It's gotta be .199999999999999999999 or .200000000000000000001!!!! Haha, what an idiot to put 2.0... that's not even possible."

... but that, of course, would be gay, because clearly, 2.0 is close enough that EVERYONE understands what you're saying... But, hmmm, that sounds a lot like this....

"You can't POSSIBLY tie in a race!!! It's gotta be the other guy won by a little or you won by a little!!!! Haha, what an idiot to put that you TIED in a race... that's not even possible."

Get a life, O Master of the Technicality.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:34 AM

Yea, that Honda dude is an idiot. I guess he's used to getting "absolutely killed" in races
Old 07-17-2005, 03:03 AM

Why ya'll getting so worked up???

And im not being technical, just thought it was wierd someone said that they TIED. Either you won, or lost, don't try to hide your loss behind the lame excuse of "We Tied!" If you lost, admit it, big deal, you win some, you lose some. Can't win all races. Instead of tied, next time put "It was too close to tell" C'mon, now use your brain when posting.

That Honda Dude??? I have a name.
EDITED: "yeah, Devin72985 is an idiot. I guess hes used to getting "absolutely killed" in races. "

We're all friends here. By the way, i have yet to run into a cobalt SS S/C, I may be able to hang with one seeing as how they all seem to run high 14's(if your lucky) to low 15's. I ran a 14.83@92.91mph 3 weeks ago at Ennis Raceway.

Nice try on the insults guys, maybe next time!

Note: Not all mods are posted in my sig, This site wouldn't let me type anything else in there.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:20 PM

Instead of tied, next time put "It was too close to tell" C'mon, now use your brain when posting.
Why write all that when everyone, including you obviously, knew thats what he meant.

I guess by "use your brain when posting" you mean "OVER-explain everything so that people looking for things to make a huge deal over can't use your clear-to-everyone-else post as material."
Old 07-17-2005, 09:04 PM
tio

How do you tie in a race ?? Why do they measure races at the track in 10ths and 100ths of a second or why do they have finish line cams at Superspeedways ? 500 mile race and the driver's don't know who one? I do not think he is denying a loss, **** he is posting on a forum not replying to the media. If he was ashamed of a loss, would it not be easier to just lie or say nothing ?

To show I am not afraid to admit to being killed here is my story. 2:00 this afternoon, on my way home it's just me in my completely stock Cobalt SS/SC and next to me a 2001 Ford Focus SE ( and a cop car 3 cars back behind a mini-van). We take off, I blow the launch (too much hestitation when the light changed) I take it to 2200rpm and shift to second. The race is over, the Focus is through the intersection and I am "killed". Disgusted with myself I must sit and contemplate what just happened. I conclude that SE stands for some serious factory horsepower, it also appeared to be heavily modded,Kleenex box in the back widow and one of those dogs with the bobbing heads. The women were "pros".
You could tell by the silver hair that they were experienced and the passenger had thick glasses(no doubt a navigator). That is my killed story and I am not ashamed !

Is that enough detail ?

Not trying to start a flaming thread, just trying to lighten up the mood. Life is about having fun, don't take it too seriously.

Respect to all.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Blainestang
I guess by "use your brain when posting" you mean "OVER-explain everything so that people looking for things to make a huge deal over can't use your clear-to-everyone-else post as material."

Exactly! Way to go, you used your brain! I wasn't trying to start a flame fest(the reason i put "No Comment"), just thought it was funny that someone said that they tied a race. Can't a guy have opinions these days without having someone getting all pissy and PMSin' like crazy??? Put your Tampon back in your **** and get over it!

We're all fans of the Cobalt here, lets be friendly to one another!

<--------------
Old 07-18-2005, 08:25 PM

Man, this Honda dude is an idiot . i just keep watching him pretty much talk to himself. Get a life, and go back to your Honduh forum.

BTW, you're not a cobalt fan. You're a Honduh fanboy troll. And no one gives a **** about the waste of money and time you put into your pos. Who cares that it was bored out, and blazzy blazzy.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:06 PM

I am too a Cobalt fan, I'm actually in the process of selling the Civic so that I'll have a down payment for the Cobalt SS. And PHX, in my opinion it was not a waste of money when i did all this stuff to my car, I had fun with it, now I want a new project. I'm not a Honda troll, I like all cars, and give respect where respect given. if I get beat, I'll post that I lost, not hide behind a "TIE." Stop PMSin' guys, I'm here to learn about the Cobalt, not **** people off.

Oh and one more thing, I'm not a memeber on any other site besides this one, RSXforums and SRTforums. Neither one of those forums are as good as this one, them 2 both have cocky drivers. We don't need this forum to turn like that. If you lose admit it, if you win, Congrats to you.
As soon as i buy my car i will start posting up pics, and videos of me racing (winning and losing).

Have a nice day guys, and lighten up!
Old 07-19-2005, 12:42 PM

devin>>>>>>https://www.cobaltss.net/gallery/sho...atid=newimages
Old 07-19-2005, 04:20 PM

No thanks Maverick! Thanks for the offer though!
Old 07-19-2005, 07:49 PM

What an idiot^^^. You seem obsessed with losing. Must have alot of experience at it in your shitbox Honda.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:12 AM

Obsessed with losing?? how so?? That made no sense at all.

PHX, this could go on forever, i can keep makin up stuff to say to you, and then you can keep raggin on my honda (even tough it runs what SS S/C's are running on street tires), this could go on forever. But I'm gonna be the bigger man, and just ignore you, tired of putting you down, not getting me anywhere. So have fun with your crappy insults, go try to pick an internet fight with someone else.

But first I wanna know how you got offended by me laughing at someone saying they had a tie??? Was that offensive to you??? I can have opinions can't I?? It's your opinion that my car is a "shitbox" and you don't see me getting all bent outta shape.

Its biased people like you that make forums a bad place. Why can't you respect my car?? hey, how many N/A Civics do you know personally that runs high 14's??? I'm not hating on the Cobalt, I'm in the process of buying one. So i don't know what your problem is, but get over it.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:17 AM

I'm not liking you. Let me explain this to you in terms i explain things to my four month old baby: When I was racing the car on the freeway, our bumpers were dead equal from my point of view..there was no tree, no ******* lasers across the highway to determine a winner. Of course, smart-ass, one of us probably won, may that be by a ******* millimeter, or by an inch, but I couldn't see it cuz I'm not superman, and I don't have a fancy contraption in my car to tell me who won. Do you understand now, son (giving you a noogie afterwards)?
Old 07-20-2005, 01:26 AM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Knock it off ...
Old 07-20-2005, 02:03 AM

I beat a cobalt ls the othter day....

Quick Reply: tonights' kill/killed by list