War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Turbo'ed Firebird vs Cobalt SS/TC

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 12:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobalt443
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. you left the show to street race on on of the BUSIEST highways in NJ, yet people doing burnouts are the retards.....

Let's also not mention the fact that you told everyone you were running 12.8's at the time when you wanted to race the kid in the cobalt but were really running low 12's. Afraid of some more equal competition? I think so You are NOT respected in the GTO community for all the **** talking you do, so don't act like you don't want to be apart of all this "retardedness" you speak of.
Let's compare...
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/G...one_196032.htm
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/H...our_180164.htm

There's even more dumb videos from that day as well... Now what I left to do...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDFQMaHt68U
On the second race I even slowed down a good 1/8th mile before ANY cars were around. Now talk about the pot and kettle. What I did was Exponetially less stupid than the ******* morons at that show.

Also, I never once told anyone I ran a 12.8 because I never ran a 12.8. I ran 13.0 stock, 12.5 with tires, and 12.2 with my current mods. Idk where you get your info because I sure as hell never met you and never told you anything. I could also care less who 'respects' me in the GTO community, there are a few guys I know and am cool with and thats fine. Anyone else has probably just never met me. Anyway the northeast section is full of more BS and drama then I care to read up on and zero of it has to do with me and I'd like to keep it that way.

AND The only cobalt there that woulda even been an interesting run was the turbo one and he said he didn't street race. Which is fine, no one was "scared" of any Cobalts. I woulda loved to run 1 with enough power to keep up or beat me.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:16 AM

True...even with the 3.8 v6 the car is in the 3500+ lb zone... based on the math for this event... pwr to weight ratio.. and provided the driver in the TC was ok at shifting... I'd put lots of $$$ on the SS\TC... I've seen a 292 whp SS\TC run even with a 2007 C6 vette (347 rwhp) stock automatic at the track: Vette 13.08 @ 109.95 mph ... SS\TC 12.95 @ 109.52 in 78* air at 1100 ft.. The vette weighs 3300 lbs, the SS\TC 2950 lbs.

This same guy (292 whp SS\TC) beat a supercharged 2007 350Z, that made 430 crank hp, weighs 3622 lbs.. That SC 350Z ran 13.2 at 108's all night....even a SC'd 2008 mustang GT automatic w\445 crank hp could only muster 12.8 @ 109.77......
Old 12-13-2008, 01:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
Let's compare...

On the second race I even slowed down a good 1/8th mile before ANY cars were around. Now talk about the pot and kettle. What I did was Exponetially less stupid than the ******* morons at that show.

Also, I never once told anyone I ran a 12.8 because I never ran a 12.8. I ran 13.0 stock, 12.5 with tires, and 12.2 with my current mods. Idk where you get your info because I sure as hell never met you and never told you anything. I could also care less who 'respects' me in the GTO community, there are a few guys I know and am cool with and thats fine. Anyone else has probably just never met me. Anyway the northeast section is full of more BS and drama then I care to read up on and zero of it has to do with me and I'd like to keep it that way.

AND The only cobalt there that woulda even been an interesting run was the turbo one and he said he didn't street race. Which is fine, no one was "scared" of any Cobalts. I woulda loved to run 1 with enough power to keep up or beat me.
really

i swear you were at the GONE meet i was at **** talking about the 2.4s still beind shitty just like their twin cam cavi counter parts (which they are nothing alike mind you).. at the hotel the night before which debbie was also at ...

not to mention.. people were "scared" of 2 cobalts there.. pauls and al's both of then kept geting the HOLY **** and you have WHAT done.. damn thats pushing out as much as my ls2 to the wheels from the gto guys..

now i could be horribly off but your car looks extremely familiar from that meet

not to mention you left to race a mildly modded mazda speed that wasn't a threat to a good portion of the cobalts there.. which not to mention.. HAPPENED AT THE GONE MEET COBALT443 and i were at.. considering i crashed on her couch
Old 12-13-2008, 01:49 AM

Back on track with the thread and the ss\tc vs. turbo firebird.......

Back in the day the Buick GN and Regal T-type both turbo 3.8 v6's rulled the streets.. Then came the last of three years for the Buick GN\T-type... 1988 and Buick pulled all the stops on the GN and bumped hp up by 90hp more to 345 bhp and tq swelled to over 385 btq and called their final and rare beast the Buick GNX... a steroid pumped Buick GN... Then in 1989 Pontiac barrowed the 3.8 turbo\IC V6 and put it in a limited production Trans Am, called the Trans Am GTA complete with 350 bhp.. I had one of each of the buicks and the TA\GTA.. The GTA had a exhaust upgrade on it and back then the GM 3.8 in these cars was tuned to the MAX... My GTA put down 337 whp and 365 wtq.. and was 3654 lbs wet no people on board... With MT DRs this car could only muster a 13.4 @ 103 mph... So this guy with his firebird turbo might see mid 13's at best unless he runs in 5* F air....

Off track of thread: My last two cars :2006 C6 Z06 w\500 whp bolt-ons.......100* desert air best 1\4: 11.5 @ 125 street tires...
2006 M6 GTO 404 whp bolt-ons, no cam, no heads.......100* desert air best 1\4: 12.4 @112 on stock street tires, no grip....
Old 12-13-2008, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by SportredSS
Back on track with the thread and the ss\tc vs. turbo firebird.......

Back in the day the Buick GN and Regal T-type both turbo 3.8 v6's rulled the streets.. Then came the last of three years for the Buick GN\T-type... 1988 and Buick pulled all the stops on the GN and bumped hp up by 90hp more to 345 bhp and tq swelled to over 385 btq and called their final and rare beast the Buick GNX... a steroid pumped Buick GN... Then in 1989 Pontiac barrowed the 3.8 turbo\IC V6 and put it in a limited production Trans Am, called the Trans Am GTA complete with 350 bhp.. I had one of each of the buicks and the TA\GTA.. The GTA had a exhaust upgrade on it and back then the GM 3.8 in these cars was tuned to the MAX... My GTA put down 337 whp and 365 wtq.. and was 3654 lbs wet no people on board... With MT DRs this car could only muster a 13.4 @ 103 mph... So this guy with his firebird turbo might see mid 13's at best unless he runs in 5* F air....

Off track of thread: My last two cars :2006 C6 Z06 w\500 whp bolt-ons.......100* desert air best 1\4: 11.5 @ 125 street tires...
2006 M6 GTO 404 whp bolt-ons, no cam, no heads.......100* desert air best 1\4: 12.4 @112 on stock street tires, no grip....

Thanks for the on-topic post haha. He hasn't had the car weighed before but I can imagine it will be somewhere between 3300-3600 lbs. Hes convinced with some traction that he will hit 12's, but he does have the auto transmission and the shift points really arent that great. Owell, I wish him the best because we've been working on it with some friends for a long ass time
Old 12-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by elecblue06
really

i swear you were at the GONE meet i was at **** talking about the 2.4s still beind shitty just like their twin cam cavi counter parts (which they are nothing alike mind you).. at the hotel the night before which debbie was also at ...

not to mention.. people were "scared" of 2 cobalts there.. pauls and al's both of then kept geting the HOLY **** and you have WHAT done.. damn thats pushing out as much as my ls2 to the wheels from the gto guys..

now i could be horribly off but your car looks extremely familiar from that meet

not to mention you left to race a mildly modded mazda speed that wasn't a threat to a good portion of the cobalts there.. which not to mention.. HAPPENED AT THE GONE MEET COBALT443 and i were at.. considering i crashed on her couch
You're definately thinking of the wrong person. I got there at about 1 in the afternoon the day of the show and left at about 3. I was at no hotels and didn't talk to anyone about 2.4 cobalts.

Also, that mazda was faster than every Cobalt there aside from the turbo one.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:39 PM

You're definately thinking of the wrong person. I got there at about 1 in the afternoon the day of the show and left at about 3. I was at no hotels and didn't talk to anyone about 2.4 cobalts.

Also, that mazda was faster than every Cobalt there aside from the turbo one.
so it was faster then al? the cammed bumped compression head work and blower swapped cobalt too? i beg to differ since he's putting down numbers close to the turbo one..

and then i apologize for mistaking you for someone else .. but yes you haveat least seen cobalt443
Old 12-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by elecblue06
so it was faster then al? the cammed bumped compression head work and blower swapped cobalt too? i beg to differ since he's putting down numbers close to the turbo one..

and then i apologize for mistaking you for someone else .. but yes you haveat least seen cobalt443
I didn't see or hear about any "fast" Cobalts while I was there aside from the Turbo one. I wish I had because the Turbo one doesn't street race.

I also don't recall talking to Cobalt443 about running 12.8's, because I never told anyone that. When anyone asked I said 12.5 @ 112 before my headers/tune. I believe it was well documented in the "Slowsho vs Laloosh" thread that went on for about 50 pages on this site.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:03 PM

I'm getting a good laugh that you even took the time outta your day to try and disprove my proven times to other people you don't even know.

I have had some form of LS engine since 2002 I know these people well.

You know as well as I do if you posted that you ran 11.9 with your mods you would get laughed off the internet.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS2guy
I have had some form of LS engine since 2002 I know these people well.

You know as well as I do if you posted that you ran 11.9 with your mods you would get laughed off the internet.
I've posted it before and I'll post it again. It's not my fault most people on the internet are ignorant and closed minded. What do you have to say about the automatic bolt on only LS1 GTO that has gone 11's? I don't think she got laughed off the internet.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:59 PM

LS2 with some bolt-ons could get pretty close I would think. I know of a local guy that has an LS1 04 GTO M6 that has hit a best of 12.1 with bolt-ons and a baby cam. It's not a consistent 12.1 nor is it 12.1 all day long, but that's his best time.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1gmfanatik
LS2 with some bolt-ons could get pretty close I would think. I know of a local guy that has an LS1 04 GTO M6 that has hit a best of 12.1 with bolt-ons and a baby cam. It's not a consistent 12.1 nor is it 12.1 all day long, but that's his best time.
According to Cody it's absolutely 100% impossible.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:30 AM

According to Cody it's absolutely 100% impossible.
You have at best 45whp and traction over a stock GTO does it take a scientist to know that you will not run 11.9 in the 1/4. If you made claims that involved a really good ET and normal trap speed it might be beliveable with a AWD like 60ft time. But you claim to not only run better than average times but also better than average trap speeds for your mods.

And before you go stewing up well look what Car A did and what that Car B did do some thinking. Most other cars running what you claim share 20% of your suspension components. Hell then again you most likely belive a better suspension will nab you mid 11's.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Banned

You have at best 45whp and traction over a stock GTO does it take a scientist to know that you will not run 11.9 in the 1/4. If you made claims that involved a really good ET and normal trap speed it might be beliveable with a AWD like 60ft time. But you claim to not only run better than average times but also better than average trap speeds for your mods.

And before you go stewing up well look what Car A did and what that Car B did do some thinking. Most other cars running what you claim share 20% of your suspension components. Hell then again you most likely belive a better suspension will nab you mid 11's.
I'm not sure if I could get better than a 1.68 60' for my 11.9 @ 113
Old 12-15-2008, 01:04 PM

Another thread hijacked about this guy's GTO... complete with the pissing contest...

Disclaimer: I like GTO's....just not people that need to interject how good and fast their car is, in every thread possible...
Old 12-15-2008, 01:13 PM

The Fire Chicken is gonna leave the line way better thanks to it being RWD. Now from a roll the TC should be able to do better.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:10 PM

Let's compare...

Don't call me a kettle, I wasn't the douche doing burn outs OR leaving to street race. Justify it all you want, you left a major show to street race on one of the busiest highways in NJ.....

I didn't see or hear about any "fast" Cobalts while I was there aside from the Turbo one. I wish I had because the Turbo one doesn't street race.

I also don't recall talking to Cobalt443 about running 12.8's, because I never told anyone that. When anyone asked I said 12.5 @ 112 before my headers/tune. I believe it was well documented in the "Slowsho vs Laloosh" thread that went on for about 50 pages on this site.
and you did talk to me that day.....care for me to tell you what you were wearing Don't have such a good memory now do we? Hell, I was even routing for you until I found out how much of a tool bag you are.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting what your car runs....I just remember what you said it ran at the time

Last edited by Cobalt443; 12-15-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:31 PM

I'm not sure if I could get better than a 1.68 60' for my 11.9 @ 113
You do realize the more you try to specify the bigger the lie appears right?
Old 12-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cobalt443
and you did talk to me that day.....care for me to tell you what you were wearing Don't have such a good memory now do we? Hell, I was even routing for you until I found out how much of a tool bag you are.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting what your car runs....I just remember what you said it ran at the time
I don't remember talking to you nor did I ever say my car ran 12.8. I don't lie about times. I guess if talking **** about cars on car websites makes me a tool then so be it. I leave an open invite to anyone who want's to meet up and run if whatever I'm saying they feel is wrong or should be corrected.

You do realize the more you try to specify the bigger the lie appears right?
There's no lie about it, just relax and get over the fact that it actually happend.

Last edited by SLoW SHO; 12-15-2008 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-15-2008, 04:14 PM

There's no lie about it, just relax and get over the fact that it actually happend.
Step back and take a look at what your trying to tell people it isn't a me vs you or GTO's suck thing.

Last edited by LS2guy; 12-15-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:20 PM

Woah woah woah leave the GTO's out of this