War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Whos has the orange ss/sc i beat last night

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whos has the orange ss/sc i beat last night

Last night around 7:30 i raced a orange ss/sc on st 130 in delran. No clue what it had done to it, im assuming not much since i pulled 5 cars by 4th gear. He was in front of me at a light turning right. He went first and was on his car from the start, when i turned i he was like 2 cars ahead and i pulled hard on him, and im stock still. By the end i was three cars ahead of him. I guess he just got the car and hasn't gotten used to driving it yet. Anyway if you got beat by a red ss/sc last night let me know, i know most of the people in the area with the car and we meet up sometimes if your intrested
Old 12-15-2006, 02:08 PM

What ever happened to being humble? How about: Nice race man, when did you get your car, are you going to mod it?
Old 12-15-2006, 02:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LoL ^^^
Old 12-15-2006, 02:11 PM

LOL and then he says lets meet up sometime! Yeah he'll definately be interested in that. How NOT to make friends: a book by forced_induction
Old 12-15-2006, 02:15 PM

North Jersey or South Jersey? I know an orange ss/sc around me but i'm guessing your south jersey...

NVM delran st... never heard of it
Old 12-15-2006, 02:25 PM

There's always the chance that it's a poser SS, those seem to be getting more common. 5 cars is just rediculous even if you were both stock. Maybe driving with no legs and using a broom handle on the pedals...but c'mon, that's some REALLY bad driving.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:27 PM

Its south not to far from me. I knew there was a black 07 by camden nice kid, but if you don't speak spanish there is this whole barrier thing goin. but an orange one no idea I think there is a stock 07 runnin around here thats orange I just keep seeing the same blue ss near sicklerville so if you out there shoot me a line
Old 12-15-2006, 03:45 PM

why cant ss owners just get along. be friendly, not cocky. I ran in to one black ss/sc and the kid was a complete dick. Gives us cobalt owners a bad rep.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:56 PM

man my town we have our little cobalt meets of say about 6 cobalt owners but rite now we are kinda low with one guy tryin to tune and ones blown up haha so yah
Old 12-21-2006, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_SSTuner
why cant ss owners just get along. be friendly, not cocky. I ran in to one black ss/sc and the kid was a complete dick. Gives us cobalt owners a bad rep.
yeah no **** everyone i meet in my area just fly away and dont say hey... kinda drives me nuts. i dont think they get on here tho.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:40 AM

There are two in my area, ones silver and ones red. I pulled up to the silver one one day and honked and waved, they looked at me like they had mental retardation. I just think that because the way the car looks young kids just flock to it and don't really undesrtand the following behind it.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by alleycat58
There's always the chance that it's a poser SS, those seem to be getting more common. 5 cars is just rediculous even if you were both stock. Maybe driving with no legs and using a broom handle on the pedals...but c'mon, that's some REALLY bad driving.
HEY!
Poser SS my ass. It's a damn good engine.

Ahhh who am I kidding. It's no competition still, but it's MORE likely that it was a LS. I'm thinking the SS would keep up better than five car lengths.
It's poser if he slapped some badges on a lesser model car, but ALL the trims are pretty damn good from what I hear.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Banned

5 car lengths!?!?!? He might have been using the e-brake for the shifter?
Old 12-21-2006, 11:00 PM

When it gets warmer and doesnt rain so much... I think people should make up some small flyers or some thing and put them on cobalt ss/sc and other models and maybe theyll start coming to the site.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Codyak Supercharged
5 car lengths!?!?!? He might have been using the e-brake for the shifter?
OMGROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2006, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by MARIN007
What ever happened to being humble? How about: Nice race man, when did you get your car, are you going to mod it?
HAHAHA i wasnt trying to be cocky, sorry if it came off that way. I was just surprised i won by that much coming from 2 cars back. I know it wasnt a fake ss, unless he got the badges, wing, ss front and rear bumpers, and a fake supercharger sound effect.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by forced_induction
HAHAHA i wasnt trying to be cocky, sorry if it came off that way. I was just surprised i won by that much coming from 2 cars back. I know it wasnt a fake ss, unless he got the badges, wing, ss front and rear bumpers, and a fake supercharger sound effect.
I totally just roll the windows down and make the supercharger noise with my mouth,
so far no one's noticed.

BBbrrrrrrrruh..BBBbbbuuuuurrrrrrhhhhh
Old 12-22-2006, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by monkeiboy
I totally just roll the windows down and make the supercharger noise with my mouth,
so far no one's noticed.

LOL i just picture some guy hanging out the window screaming Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa as loud as you can while racing someone
Old 12-22-2006, 01:20 AM

if it was an SS-SC then um, it sounds somewhat like it wasn't an actual "race" ...
maybe if forced_induction would have slowed down and rolled down window and communicated with driver he might have got a "oh.. you were wanting to actually race ? lets do 3 honks and go again" or " I just got this baby and I'm not going WOT for a while" or a myriad of other possibilities.
or at least been side by side clearly even at the beginning of the 'incident' and eye contact+nod to other driver to communicate " lets do it! " or something

or maybe he just didn't include some of these details in his description..

as it is, it's complete speculation.

I have lots of interactions where it's clearly just me screwing around and so is the other guy, otherwise I could be like "dude I had him by 4 car lengths before I shifted out 2nd!" just to realize the other guy stopped at the speed limit or something.

... He went first and was on his car from the start, when i turned i he was like 2 cars ahead and i pulled hard on him, and im stock still...
^^
that sounds like he was maybe just cruising along or gently accelerating when 'you' started 'racing'
because if you are both stock, then you wouldn't 'pull hard' on him unless he was in 3rd while you were in 2nd at 35mph

Only ones I have counted as "races" are ones where we did honks to signal start of race.
anything else is totally up to speculation (uneven start, driver in different gear, driver didn't know a race was occurring etc.)
Old 12-22-2006, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by 2fastSS
man my town we have our little cobalt meets of say about 6 cobalt owners but rite now we are kinda low with one guy tryin to tune and ones blown up haha so yah
fuka so wut if mines blown up ahaha...it raped u when it was running and when it comes back it will be better then b4 cause ill have internal work done lmao(im being an ass to him cause hes one of my best friends so we straight) since u guys are talking bout bad reps for cobalt ppl.....we only got one kid around here with a ss/sc that is kinda strange but us other 5 are outgoing kids and we chill together and thats how we became friends cause of our cars lmao
Old 12-22-2006, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by monkeiboy
so far no one's noticed.

I should try that sometime.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:27 AM

cpraider....now u no damn well ur getting another stock engine and it will still be slow ass **** haha....u didnt rape me that bad 2-3 cars for all the work u had done to my almost stock car
Old 12-22-2006, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mike_42
if it was an SS-SC then um, it sounds somewhat like it wasn't an actual "race" ...
maybe if forced_induction would have slowed down and rolled down window and communicated with driver he might have got a "oh.. you were wanting to actually race ? lets do 3 honks and go again" or " I just got this baby and I'm not going WOT for a while" or a myriad of other possibilities.
or at least been side by side clearly even at the beginning of the 'incident' and eye contact+nod to other driver to communicate " lets do it! " or something

or maybe he just didn't include some of these details in his description..

as it is, it's complete speculation.

I have lots of interactions where it's clearly just me screwing around and so is the other guy, otherwise I could be like "dude I had him by 4 car lengths before I shifted out 2nd!" just to realize the other guy stopped at the speed limit or something.

^^
that sounds like he was maybe just cruising along or gently accelerating when 'you' started 'racing'
because if you are both stock, then you wouldn't 'pull hard' on him unless he was in 3rd while you were in 2nd at 35mph

Only ones I have counted as "races" are ones where we did honks to signal start of race.
anything else is totally up to speculation (uneven start, driver in different gear, driver didn't know a race was occurring etc.)
I normaly pull up next to the other car and let them either honk or go when he is ready before i go, but this driver was WOT from the light, and like i said i was behind him so i was surprised i even caught up with him cuz he took off before i could even turn onto the highway. Like i said the first time i think he was just a new owner, i know i dropped almost a second off my 1/4 mile time from my first time to the track. I was just trying to see if the guy was a member of the site, didnt know everyone was gonna call me a dick, lol!
Old 12-22-2006, 02:38 AM

wasn't really calling you anything bad... just it doesn't sound like an actual race per 'definition' maybe he was WOT for a moment, saw you and slowed and then you blew past him.. who knows lol.

Either way it's always cool to spot another SS/SC around, and I'll admit that I probably woulda gunned it too .. lol

Need to have a big sign to flash to another Cobalt we see that says "please check out www.cobaltss.net !" or something, there are certainly plenty of em out there, and not enough of em on this site.

I normaly pull up next to the other car and let them either honk or go when he is ready before i go, but this driver was WOT from the light, and like i said i was behind him so i was surprised i even caught up with him cuz he took off before i could even turn onto the highway. Like i said the first time i think he was just a new owner, i know i dropped almost a second off my 1/4 mile time from my first time to the track. I was just trying to see if the guy was a member of the site, didnt know everyone was gonna call me a dick, lol!
Old 12-22-2006, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Mike_42
wasn't really calling you anything bad... just it doesn't sound like an actual race per 'definition' maybe he was WOT for a moment, saw you and slowed and then you blew past him.. who knows lol.

Either way it's always cool to spot another SS/SC around, and I'll admit that I probably woulda gunned it too .. lol

Need to have a big sign to flash to another Cobalt we see that says "please check out www.cobaltss.net !" or something, there are certainly plenty of em out there, and not enough of em on this site.
Yeah i know what you mean, i see more and more of them on the road, most drivers are not what you would expect, a see a lot of middle aged women driving them around here. But you should make a light up cobaltss.net sign and put it in you back window, lol

Quick Reply: Whos has the orange ss/sc i beat last night