War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Why do people race with kids in the car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shibito
That's why I said it depends on the circumstances. Just shaking his head at you would not be entrapment.

To the OP: I just laugh at people who shake their head at me because they payed 30k for their car and I spend 17k for a car that could make double their hp for 30k. I also think that Cobalt's are one of the better looking cars on the road. I hate G35's.
x2
Old 05-12-2009, 12:37 PM

i honestly like them and thought they were faster and wanted to see what it had. and my gf told me to say i have a giant ****..... anyway like i said i dont normally street race. but i just wanted to shut him up
Old 05-12-2009, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by MoePwR
i honestly like them and thought they were faster and wanted to see what it had. and my gf told me to say i have a giant ****..... anyway like i said i dont normally street race. but i just wanted to shut him up
thats just uncalled for
Old 05-12-2009, 12:42 PM

Quit lying!
Old 05-12-2009, 12:44 PM

like i said, you just have something to prove. and need to calm down
Old 05-12-2009, 12:44 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Maybe he's her first so she wouldn't know?

Just messing with ya man.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:45 PM

Why do people street race all together? If you bitch about someone racing with kids in the car and your racing them, then it just as much your fault for racing them.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If the cop instigates the race it's entrapment. Depending on the circumstances.
street racing laws are like DUI laws, they're not fair, and IMO, not within the powers of the law, but the fact is, they get passed cause of "safety"

in other words, the entrapment argument doesn't hold up.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:50 PM

haha i know. i wouldnt post something like that normally but she was readin what that guy said and complete disagreed and got defensive. lol. but ya i know its illegal and all that and i do regret racing. sorry to offend anyone.... you guys are all correct who are tellin me i shouldnt do it. i just get that adrenaline. ive been to the track but never raced anyone who i really want to..
Old 05-12-2009, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by joeworkstoohard
street racing laws are like DUI laws, they're not fair, and IMO, not within the powers of the law, but the fact is, they get passed cause of "safety"

in other words, the entrapment argument doesn't hold up.
see I dont understand people like you. How can you argue that?

if you street race for ANY reason its wrong and your at fault. I dont care if a cop was sitting in a civic holding his pink slip up to the window revving his engine, he is not MAKING you race.

street racing is a personal choice. Regardless of what they do to try to get you to race YOU have to make the decision to race. and if you make that decision, eventually your going to lose

haha i know. i wouldnt post something like that normally but she was readin what that guy said and complete disagreed and got defensive. lol. but ya i know its illegal and all that and i do regret racing. sorry to offend anyone.... you guys are all correct who are tellin me i shouldnt do it. i just get that adrenaline. ive been to the track but never raced anyone who i really want to..
sounds like she has security issues as well lol

Last edited by the_rainmaker; 05-12-2009 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-12-2009, 12:53 PM

i agree. i made the desicion. and i honestly think they should make the conciquences worse for street racing. you could kill someone very easily.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:54 PM

i agree. i made the desicion. and i honestly think they should make the conciquences worse for street racing. you could kill someone very easily.
then y do it?
Old 05-12-2009, 12:56 PM

i feel like i have to prove myself..... i always feel like it. whether racing or in school or a video game i feel like i have to prove i can do better
Old 05-12-2009, 12:58 PM

security issues man. Its not worth it.

you need to build your confidence up.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:59 PM

how old are you op?
Old 05-12-2009, 01:00 PM

ya i know. im trying. its the way i grew up. always getting picked on always trying to get attention. i just am looking for acceptance i think. im 21.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:01 PM

ya i know. im trying. its the way i grew up. always getting picked on always trying to get attention. i just am looking for acceptance i think. im 21.
thats the way I grew up as well. everyone goes through **** in their lives, its not excuse for behavior.

you have a girl, a nice car and I am sure have other things going for you.

If you want to prove your faster, take it to the track
Old 05-12-2009, 01:03 PM

im 22, i had a zx-6r sport bike last summer. I loved that thing, but i got a speeding ticket for doing 70mph in a 35 zone.

I never realized how fast I was going and two cop cars chased me down and pulled me over. I didn't even realize they were behind me because I couldn't hear the sirens over my exhaust and my helmet on. They patted me down and the whole 9-yards.

I know this isn't street racing but believe me, when you get in trouble, it happens when you least expect it.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:04 PM

thanks for the therapy i believe our time is up...lol. but really i feel i do just want to be accepted and thats what it comes down to. im young but im not really stupid. street racing ya i can i admit i a *******. im not a great driver or anything but i like the attention...
Old 05-12-2009, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by the_rainmaker
see I dont understand people like you. How can you argue that?

if you street race for ANY reason its wrong and your at fault. I dont care if a cop was sitting in a civic holding his pink slip up to the window revving his engine, he is not MAKING you race.

street racing is a personal choice. Regardless of what they do to try to get you to race YOU have to make the decision to race. and if you make that decision, eventually your going to lose

sounds like she has security issues as well lol
okay, but the punishment needs to fit the crime. and i, for one, believe in due process and innocent until proven guilty.

and, it seems absurd to me that you get a milder sentence for beating your wife, than you do for drag racing or a dui.

don't misunderstand, they are crimes, and there should be punishments for them. but, under the guise of "road safety" we manage to strip away any sense of fairness or process. it's not about making the road safer, it's about money and re-elections.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:48 PM

street racing is amazing

its honestly one of my favorite things to do.... obviously not in my car but with friends or even my dad

**** haters

i will take my chances street racing
Old 05-12-2009, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by joeworkstoohard
okay, but the punishment needs to fit the crime. and i, for one, believe in due process and innocent until proven guilty.

and, it seems absurd to me that you get a milder sentence for beating your wife, than you do for drag racing or a dui.

don't misunderstand, they are crimes, and there should be punishments for them. but, under the guise of "road safety" we manage to strip away any sense of fairness or process. it's not about making the road safer, it's about money and re-elections.

wrong. there are stricter punishments for this because they are having problems with it. more and more people do it with a complete disregard to the law so they make a harsher penalty for it in hopes for deturing those who would potentally commit such crimes.

your right the punishment does need to fit the crime, so what should the punishment be if you kill someone driving drunk or street racing?

Originally Posted by nikebaseballx00
street racing is amazing

its honestly one of my favorite things to do.... obviously not in my car but with friends or even my dad

**** haters

i will take my chances street racing
yeah but you have no right to take a chance with someone elses life. dont be a tool. take it to the track where it is far more safe

Last edited by the_rainmaker; 05-12-2009 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-12-2009, 01:58 PM

If the cop instigates the race it's entrapment. Depending on the circumstances.
It makes me laugh when people say this "zomg but he revved at me first?!" Seriously, be the bigger person in the situation and let it go. If I raced every person that revved at me I would be racing every since riced out civic on the road. I think cops should be allowed to drive around and rev at everyone. If you want to take that risk it’s your own fault

Now I’m not saying I don’t street race, I love putting boys in their places and seeing their girlfriend laugh at them after they get beat by a girl. But if you get in trouble grow some ***** and take the blame.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by the_rainmaker
wrong. there are stricter punishments for this because they are having problems with it. more and more people do it with a complete disregard to the law so they make a harsher penalty for it in hopes for deturing those who would potentally commit such crimes.

your right the punishment does need to fit the crime, so what should the punishment be if you kill someone driving drunk or street racing?
see, i don't see it that way. all i see is a bunch of fat lazy people acting like they're solving a problem by crushing cars and arresting people. i'm not denying that it's dangerous, but there are better ways to solve it, as well.

personally, i'd never let any child of mine have a 300hp car when they're 17, but i see it all the time around here.

the fact is, street racers are easy to catch, and easy to pick on. a lot safer than going after drug dealers and gang bangers.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:53 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Sexy SS
It makes me laugh when people say this "zomg but he revved at me first?!" Seriously, be the bigger person in the situation and let it go. If I raced every person that revved at me I would be racing every since riced out civic on the road. I think cops should be allowed to drive around and rev at everyone. If you want to take that risk it’s your own fault

Now I’m not saying I don’t street race, I love putting boys in their places and seeing their girlfriend laugh at them after they get beat by a girl. But if you get in trouble grow some ***** and take the blame.
That wouldn't be entrapment but say the cop asks to race and proceeds to honk off 3 or lets you go on the green light, that's entrapment.

Can people not read that I put depending on circumstances?

Quick Reply: Why do people race with kids in the car?