War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Why do people race with kids in the car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MoePwR
I was driving down a normally busy road with two lanes and came up to a red light where a g35 sat waiting to go. i looked at him, he had sunglasses and looked ****** cocky as hell. he looked over at me with a grin and shook his head like he was goin to eat me alive. the light turned green and i went through first and second easily as to not spin the tires and was right next to him. then i got on her and pulled lengths and lengths on him. i saw a buddy of mine driving and tried following him to say hi and the g35 went his own way. later on (10-15min) i go by dunkins and see him getting out of his car (there are very few of these so im 99% positive it was him) with a 10 year old. i never saw the kid in the car or i wouldnt have raced... what a ****** *******
Why do people race on public streets? I would consider what you called him the same for you.....

Take it to a track or the drag strip
Old 05-12-2009, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Shibito
That wouldn't be entrapment but say the cop asks to race and proceeds to honk off 3 or lets you go on the green light, that's entrapment.

Can people not read that I put depending on circumstances?
Can you not read? You would still be STREET RACING! Whether its a cop or not that’s trying to race you, you are still doing something illegal so don’t start boohooing if you get in trouble for it.

Kind of like if A cop goes "hey wanna buy some crack" and you say yes and then you get arrested... you were still trying to buy crack lol whether the cop was initiating it or not you are till in the wrong.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:38 PM

wanna buy crack?

Originally Posted by boosted4dr
Why do people race on public streets? I would consider what you called him the same for you.....

Take it to a track or the drag strip
reading>you i already admitted everything and my therapy sessions over.

Last edited by MoePwR; 05-12-2009 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-12-2009, 09:52 PM

im gonna have to agree with the track/dragstrip thing, but out where i live theres a wide (2 lanes each way) highway that we sometimes race on, when theres no traffic, from the one light on it, but only upto 55-60 cause thats the speedlimit... i think those instances are cool but idk about 100+ on a "main" street. i'd be worried about either rear-ending someone or losing it and rolling
Old 05-12-2009, 10:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haha these people make me laugh
Old 05-12-2009, 10:33 PM

i think there's safe street racing and unsafe. the idiots wipping through traffic or on an unsafe road at over a hundred deserve to be punished. but i dont understand how i deserve the same punishment for racing a buddy on a one mile long stretch of road that dead ends at 2 am with no cars out.

and i also think its total bs that here in cali (i dunno if similar laws exist elsewhere) if you are racing someone and they can't handle their car and end up hitting something, you can be held responsible (manslaughter or murder charges)
I was driving fast down a main road by my house one night when an sti tried to race me. frustrated that his lane had cars in it, he swooped behind me (i was in the left lane) and took off and passed me on the wrong side of the road and then pulled in front of me before he ran into anyone. now under california law if i was racing him and he hit someone and killed them i could be tried for vehicular manslaughter or murder. Why am i responsible for his stupid decision? thats serious bullshit.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:40 PM

Come on everyone street racing is fun
Old 05-12-2009, 11:08 PM

i think its like if you encouraged him to. aka rev your engine or something to make him want to race youd be convicted as manslaughter. my mother hit someone when she was driving one night and killed him because he commited suicide. this doesnt make my mother a murderer. but they tried to sue her and all this crap. i dont know much about that sorta thing but you could guess im sure as to which situations you could be held accountable
Old 05-13-2009, 02:30 AM

even if you encourage the person i don't think you should be held at fault, like i said with that guy that went on the wrong side of the road, i didnt make him do that, it was his decision to be an idiot and drive on the wrong side of the road. therefor if he were to cause an accident he should be at fault and have to accept responsibility for his actions.
thats where all this crap is ridiculous, like your mom getting sued over her accident, its just people trying to blame other people and capitalize on the situation.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:04 AM

ya i find it stupid that you get less punishment for rape. but if your driving and a kid runs out into the road and you hit him and kill him because he came outta nowhere you get life in prison. which is another thing that i think is freakin stupid. why make a sentence to life in prison with no bail and pay for them to be there.... why not either let him get bail or ****** chop the guys dick off. its like the prison i dont remember where, but they want to let them back in society....whould you want sadam hussin babysitting your children would you? /rant
Old 05-13-2009, 07:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was driving down a normally busy road with two lanes and came up to a red light where a g35 sat waiting to go. i looked at him, he had sunglasses and looked ****** cocky as hell. he looked over at me with a grin and shook his head like he was goin to eat me alive. the light turned green and i went through first and second easily as to not spin the tires and was right next to him. then i got on her and pulled lengths and lengths on him. i saw a buddy of mine driving and tried following him to say hi and the g35 went his own way. later on (10-15min) i go by dunkins and see him getting out of his car (there are very few of these so im 99% positive it was him) with a 10 year old. i never saw the kid in the car or i wouldnt have raced... what a ****** *******
For some people, street racing is a part of life. Just the same as anything else people gather to. I cant tell you how many times, ive seen the "whole faimly" out in chicago. In one car ive seen kids to adults you know 12 and under to 65+ all there to watch the races. Rarely have i seen them compete, but it does happen from time to time. You know, I myself come from a street racing faimly and im racing on the same roads my dad used to however many years ago. Granted dad doesnt come with, nor has he raced in years, but its a part of the faimly or i guess some kind of weird/sick tradition if thats the way you want to look at it. Dont get me wrong, it was my choice to go out there, as was it my dads and so on. Its just like everything else, you know i guess just something more stupid or dangers than most. And thats my open honest take on it.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:50 PM

Street racing is kinda like prostitution, its soooo risky but equally fun.

I guess street racing is much more dangerous, unless that bitch has AIDS or somethin that makes your **** fall off...
Old 05-13-2009, 11:49 PM

ya i think its the people that teach you how to drive. my dad used to street race. he likes to do burnouts, rev his engine and get on it every so often. which i guess is kinda where i got it.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVyAR5W4fss
Old 05-14-2009, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by doubledamageXX
For some people, street racing is a part of life. Just the same as anything else people gather to. I cant tell you how many times, ive seen the "whole faimly" out in chicago. In one car ive seen kids to adults you know 12 and under to 65+ all there to watch the races. Rarely have i seen them compete, but it does happen from time to time. You know, I myself come from a street racing faimly and im racing on the same roads my dad used to however many years ago. Granted dad doesnt come with, nor has he raced in years, but its a part of the faimly or i guess some kind of weird/sick tradition if thats the way you want to look at it. Dont get me wrong, it was my choice to go out there, as was it my dads and so on. Its just like everything else, you know i guess just something more stupid or dangers than most. And thats my open honest take on it.
i completely agree. my dad used to tell me his war stories of him and his camaro back in the day. and he loves to hear what ive beaten he loves it as long as i'm not wipping through traffic, on roads that are straight (i wrecked my balt in the twisties so i can only rape the turns at the track now) and as long as i'm not being stupid. and the irony of it all is he's a cop, but he understands that we all want to get out there and use our cars for what they're made for. He says if they want to solve the street racing problem, put more public tracks in with open street nights. the nearest track to me is like 2 hours away. so no wonder everyone around here races on the streets.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:33 PM

eh w/e i love street racing. cant get enough. i dont normally do it on the streets but he was too much of a dick.
talk about a contradictory statement.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:24 AM

im surprised this thread never got locked