War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Wild 2 nights

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 03:13 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
Wild 2 nights

For the longest time after getting Stage2 installed... the streets were empty... no one wanted any... it was boring... I couldn't test my BEAST. I think I went about 3 weeks with a big 0000 on my win counter (At Wal-mart when that new AXE fragrance CLIK came out... they game me a smell sample and a little counter just like the one in the commercial. SO I mounted it in my car, and that's how I keep track of wins!). But the past 2 nights have been crazy.

I've had some big wins: 96 Camaro V6 (Lots of Mods), 80 something Mustang GT, and a 2000 Grand Prix GTP. The Grand Prix was pretty cool. He was just driving aggressive through town, came up beside me and revved his engine so that I could hear the S/C. SO I revved him and let him hear my LOUD S/C... The smile wiped right off of his face. After some good country road racing he told me nice car... I was the first Cobalt SS/SC he had ever seen.
But to top it all off there was tonight... it was homecoming for the local high school, all the HS kids with their G/F's trying to show off, but ended up F__king with the wrong guy: 2002 Porche Carrera (Scared me... I thought I was gonna get rapped! But I won by a car.), a 2004 Impereza WRX (Fart can and from what I've been told, a turbo swap.), and my favorite - a 90's Toyota MR2 Turbo. They were riding my ass hardcore, swerved out from behind me into the next lane (100% straight Country road) and punched it, I dropped it in second... mashed the gas... and watched my PSI instantly jump to 17. They were beside me for about 2 and a half seconds then I just ran from them. 2 miles later at a red light they pulled up next to me... The girl in the passenger's seat turned out to be someone I knew in HS... the driver dude was like, "You gotta give us a little bit of a break... we're only running 5lbs."
"Yeah, I'm running 17 and a half."
She chimed in, "WOW! That's a sweet car. You should give me a ride in it sometime."
And he gave her the most EVIL glare I have ever seen! It made me laugh!

It was a classic moment in my BEAST's history that made me laugh a whole lot, because she had a thing for me in HS... and I could tell she still does. ANYWAYS... I'll end this chaos. I just wanted to share my story with you guys.

Oh, and a couple quick questions... Those of you who ordered the XTC downpipe from Cobalt-addiction... how long did it take you to get it? I was thinking about going ahead and throwing on my GMPP Exhaust stuff tomorrow, even though I don't have the dp yet. You guys think I should just wait and do it all at once? Or pace myself and do a little here, a little there.

EDITED FOR TYPO's - I HATE TYPO's!!!
Old 10-08-2006, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha that's awesome man. Its been that way here for me. My car was in the body shop last week and I ended up seeing a 5.7 GTO, evo 8, several wrx, and a supra around town that I could have had some fun with. Of course, when I get my car back, there is nothing but the honda's to play with. Though i did get to play with a built v8 plymoth last night, that thing was quick.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Yeah, I'm hoping to see some stuff tonight... I just got done installing me GMPP Performance Cat-Back. SO any of you 2.2's or 2.4's out there that want a Stock SS/SC exhaust... I have and am willing to sell.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:32 PM

Nice kills.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:25 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

I miss my Cobalt... it's been in the shop ALL DAY... they are trying to get to the root of the A/C leaking on the passenger floorboard. I wanna hear my new exhaust some more... it's like the Barry White of Exhausts! More bass than most subwoofers!
Old 10-09-2006, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
I miss my Cobalt... it's been in the shop ALL DAY... they are trying to get to the root of the A/C leaking on the passenger floorboard. I wanna hear my new exhaust some more... it's like the Barry White of Exhausts! More bass than most subwoofers!

There is a TSB on the AC Problem.... TSB 050138016

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr.../tsbsearch.cfm
Old 10-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Yeah... They've already done that... but from the looks of it, who ever did it butchered the HELL out of the sput where it leaks... I should take pictures and post... you can definately tell someone was having a bad day with a screwdriver!

Anyways... They were looking at the A/C problem, a possible leak around the Sunroof button (The cloth around it was wet one day), and fix my squeeky brakes. They didn't explain any of what they did... they were closing for the night so I rushed over to pick it up so I could have it tonight. But the leaks SEEM to be fixed... BUT, as soon as I got in the Car I noticed TWO things:

1. The top of the shifter (the silver part with shiney black edge) was lying in the cupholder. Never had trouble with it before. Hmmm.

2. The brake pedal had absolutely no movement at all when I went to start it (was on a hill, couldn't do clutch alone)

SO, I go back in and ask about the shifter,

"It was that was when I parked your car this morning after you dropped it off. I'll order you a new one though."

Okay... sure. I figured the brakes were just tight because if you pump them with the engine off that happens. This was true... I started it... and the pedal LOOSENED. So as i'm leaving... nothing is feeling right. I figure it is just because I drove a rental Cobalt LS while they had my car. I figure I just need to re-adjust to car. NOPE... the steering is definatly... hard. The wheel is hard to turn... it feels like it is fighting with you to turn. And the brakes... lemme tell ya... TOUCHY!!! I think all they did to try and fix the brake squeek... was tighten them!!! I am so furious! I get pissed everytime I touch the shifter... I get pissed everytime the Steering fights me... and I get REALLY pissed everytime the f*cking brakes rock my car forward!

When I bought my car in April (06) I expected to have to take it in for warranty work... maybe once... NOT 12 TIMES IN THE FIRST 6 MONTHS!!! AHHHHHHHHH!
Old 10-09-2006, 09:21 PM

I just saw your pics! That work is HORRENDOUS!!!! Get yourself another dealer.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:19 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Yeah... I think I am going to go to the Pontiac dealer from now on... No one at Lariche Chevrolet-Cadillac knew anything about my S/C or even the car itself for that matter. I figure the Pontiac guys will have to at least know something about S/C's because of the GTP's, and now they have the G5's... but I've been wrong once before. HOPE, that's all I have at this point. I'm gonna go talk to the both of them tomorrow.