War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

WTF Civic

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry WTF Civic

I was going to an xmass party with my Gf and my friend. A little red civic pulls up to me and revs the hell out of the car so I rev back. I drive a 2.4l the only performance mod I have is a SRI (short ram intake). The civic sounded like it was turbocharged. so I'm head of him as we go up the on ramp and he is right on my ass. The road goes from single lane to 3 I speed up to about 75mph, The civic floors it and cuts me off. I tapped the brake and then when up the driver side of his car to ask him when I pull up next to him he makes an L with his hand, And starts calling me a "loser" So I gave him the finger and went on my way. The kid backs off and I go head of him. He then goes from one lane to the other then going infont of me and tailgating me. So when he want back to pass me again i moved over too. He went to the left, I went to the left, He went right, I went right. He go pissed off and almost hit me on the side when I let him go. He then took off like a bat out of hell and nearly hit other cars. I had my friend write down the kids plates and call it in. I told the police that he was trying to race me and he almost hit me and 3 other cars. Hopefully the kid got pulled over. I don't know what these people are thinking.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Calling in his plates will do almost nothing...

Just hope he got pulled over while he was driving.

Better luck next time?
Old 12-24-2007, 10:01 AM

damn man close call, next time just let him go and get his plate # Don't lower yourself to his level by cutting him off in traffic, you both could 've been in a serious accident, just let him go and call the cops. Plus if you were in a accident the witness in the other cars will def. have a diffrent point of view than the two people in the accident!!

in short... GLAD YOUR OK!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Old 12-24-2007, 11:36 AM

Calling in someones plates in washington for doing something like this happens all the time. they willl actually call the state patrol and send the closes car to the area and look for the person doing it. With all due respect though, you dont seem to innocent in the situation... maybe i read it wrong, but to me it looked like you may have antaganized the guy a little bit before all he did. Still doesnt give him a right to do it. I kinda look at this situation like.... maybe a fuzzy looking animal... ur all like "oooo so fuzzy, look at him" and BAM he bites ur effin finger. kinda ur fault.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:50 PM

That's about the maturity level of SRT-Neon owners where I'm from. Perhaps you could have taken a detour and gotten him to follow you to the closest police station?
Old 12-24-2007, 05:52 PM

next time just ignore him.

revving back at a "little red civic" on the freeway?
what did you think was going to happen?
Old 12-24-2007, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous
next time just ignore him.

revving back at a "little red civic" on the freeway?
what did you think was going to happen?
Perhaps he thought that they would pull over and Stomp the Yard?
Old 12-24-2007, 06:04 PM

I would've slammed on my brakes and let him the back of my car...did that before with my Cavalier...guy had to pay for the repairs and had to give me some cash for time off work, could've gone back, but this was funnier...lol
Old 12-24-2007, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
Perhaps he thought that they would pull over and Stomp the Yard?
bahhhahahahaha. thanks man, i needed a chuckle before work ( )
Old 12-24-2007, 06:53 PM

Glad to hear that you are ok and nothing happend
Old 12-24-2007, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by hinow41
I was going to an xmass party with my Gf and my friend. A little red civic pulls up to me and revs the hell out of the car so I rev back. I drive a 2.4l the only performance mod I have is a SRI (short ram intake). The civic sounded like it was turbocharged. so I'm head of him as we go up the on ramp and he is right on my ass. The road goes from single lane to 3 I speed up to about 75mph, The civic floors it and cuts me off. I tapped the brake and then when up the driver side of his car to ask him when I pull up next to him he makes an L with his hand, And starts calling me a "loser" So I gave him the finger and went on my way. The kid backs off and I go head of him. He then goes from one lane to the other then going infont of me and tailgating me. So when he want back to pass me again i moved over too. He went to the left, I went to the left, He went right, I went right. He go pissed off and almost hit me on the side when I let him go. He then took off like a bat out of hell and nearly hit other cars. I had my friend write down the kids plates and call it in. I told the police that he was trying to race me and he almost hit me and 3 other cars. Hopefully the kid got pulled over. I don't know what these people are thinking.
You revved back?
Whole situation is your fault. Get over it.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dustin
Whole situation is your fault. Get over it.
Not totally, just revving back doesn't give the other guy the right to be an asshat. While I don't know whether or not I would have have revved back, the guy behind the wheel of that civic obviously thought his turbo made him hot $#!t. To the OP, next time I would just let the guy think he's cool and leave it at that, but don't sweat it too much about what happened, some people are just that stupid (seems like more civic drivers are like that than others). The temptation to put the civic in its place is always there, if he pulls up to you at a light tell him you'll run him at the track. If he says no, you called him out and he refused, he's got no room to talk. If he laughs and gives you some verbal diarrhea, ignore him, he obviously thinks street racing's cool and will probably end up wrecking his car. Best you're not anywhere near him when that happens.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:55 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
you are a tool
Old 12-26-2007, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by hinow41

this is what happens when people flame hondas over and over u get people who love there cars and decide to take it to other extremes...thats why i say it over and over u may not like what that person is driving but dont flame um..give um the respect they deserve for building a clean car...so many people on this forum are idiots..u can have a 741whp civic hatch running 9s in the 1/4 (mind u most of these balts cant do that in a 1/8) but yet they'll talk **** because its a civic...
Old 12-26-2007, 01:02 AM

This gives me an idea for a custom plate.. WTFSI

Bahaha j/k.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:03 AM

WTFSI for the win..did u get my post brad? nice head lights but i coulda got u some CTR ones with the daytime running lights my EK9 had
Old 12-26-2007, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Raven SS
WTFSI for the win..did u get my post brad? nice head lights but i coulda got u some CTR ones with the daytime running lights my EK9 had
Heh yah I replied to it. Mmm ctr...
Old 12-26-2007, 01:08 AM

lol those are nice head lights tho..almost the same just missing the daytime running light...GOD I WANT A CIVIC..
Old 12-26-2007, 01:13 AM

lol those are nice head lights tho..almost the same just missing the daytime running light...GOD I WANT A CIVIC..
Yah if I ever get crafty I'll drill a hole for them ha. Pick up a cheap ek. I'm sure there's a TON in socal.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by BradSi
Yah if I ever get crafty I'll drill a hole for them ha. Pick up a cheap ek. I'm sure there's a TON in socal.
no civics have it..wasnt legal in america at that time to have them
Old 12-26-2007, 01:20 AM

no civics have it..wasnt legal in america at that time to have them
What parts do you still have?
Old 12-26-2007, 01:24 AM

lol nothing....that was like 3 years ago...awww...i miss my Civic Type R...do u go to www.inlinefour.com ? they have everything u could ever want
Old 12-26-2007, 01:26 AM

do u go to www.inlinefour.com ? they have everything u could ever want
I do now. Thanks!
Old 12-26-2007, 01:29 AM

lol..give me ur civic and i'll give u my cobalt yea?! haha minus the engine rebuild
Old 12-26-2007, 01:32 AM

lol..give me ur civic and i'll give u my cobalt yea?! haha minus the engine rebuild
Haha I was like yes! Then i got my hopes up...

Quick Reply: WTF Civic