War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Y R all the GTO vs SS Threads Locked ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think that even if the cobalt needs mods to keep up with the gto is still good for the cobalt and it should be very embarrassed for a stock gto that has 3 times the size of the engine, 4 cylinders more,rwd + 200+more hp and 200 more tq than the 2.0 sc but anyway.. instead of a ss/sc vs gto we should have a "why the ss/sc beat the mustangs for dummies"
Old 08-21-2007, 09:39 PM

Hey guys good looking GTO's! I'll have my FRC's back from being painted by Friday, Im envious.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kawasakizx6rr
i think that even if the cobalt needs mods to keep up with the gto is still good for the cobalt and it should be very embarrassed for a stock gto that has 3 times the size of the engine, 4 cylinders more,rwd + 200+more hp and 200 more tq than the 2.0 sc but anyway.. instead of a ss/sc vs gto we should have a "why the ss/sc beat the mustangs for dummies"
Ignorant posts like these are why GTO owners come to the defense, and threads got locked when common sense and logic take over
Old 08-21-2007, 10:16 PM

That's ok, I think it's good for the Civic Si's that can keep up with the Cobalts, since the cobalts have more horsepower, even if the civic needs mods, and the cobalt should be embarrased since the cobalt has more horsepower, and torque and a supercharger

See how stupid that sounds the other way? Yeah. That's why GTO drivers get upset. Comparing a modded car to an unmodded car is like comparing apples to oranges. They are fruit, but that's about all the similarities they share.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:38 PM

You know, I love the Cobalt and have enjoyed my 2006 SS/SC..
I am also a big fan of the Saturn Redline....

I like sticking up for the 'little guy'....

But I must say, your post is rather ignorant and dumb.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:50 PM

Come on now..GM guys are supposed to stick together. Talk about Cobalts beating Mustangs, or Si's, or something of that nature, not the problems we have with GTO's or Camaros. Two of my closest friends own Camaro Z28's and there isn't much of a rivalry between us, it's more like...If you beat the Cobey, then we'll bring out the big brothers to whoop up on ya. lol
Old 08-22-2007, 08:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys still arguing? Jeez. Someone really needs to show both ss/sc and gto guys a real drag car.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this thread is one of the reasons I don't post my kills, cause no one will believe you. lol.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:30 AM

so damn true even the guys i beat don't believe me
Old 08-22-2007, 10:02 AM

I don't believe it..........
Old 08-22-2007, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Psykostevo
Dang I thought you meant mine.

Do you have the BMR brace too?

I am seriously just going to put my own decal on the Bar, I don't want it red like that one, I like the black.

I want to change all of my gauges out to Inverted polarization and Black and Red......Mmmmm
Yep I have a red BMR brace too, I've got a torrid red car though so it almost matches colors exactly....

You can buy a black BMR brace....they come in every color actually

Originally Posted by LittleMT
I don't believe it..........
me neither....everyone is lying.

Last edited by Summerwolf; 08-22-2007 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-22-2007, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by thedak
Lets start another one then.......

dude.. that sounds like total crap.. One time i ate spicy nachos.. drank 12 beers.. went to take a ****.. and it sounded exactly like that.. no offence, but i even think civics with a 4'' exahsut sound better than that.. and thats really pushing it!
Old 08-22-2007, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Onyx Dragon
That's ok, I think it's good for the Civic Si's that can keep up with the Cobalts, since the cobalts have more horsepower, even if the civic needs mods, and the cobalt should be embarrased since the cobalt has more horsepower, and torque and a supercharger

See how stupid that sounds the other way? Yeah. That's why GTO drivers get upset. Comparing a modded car to an unmodded car is like comparing apples to oranges. They are fruit, but that's about all the similarities they share.
stupid we are talking about a v8 car and a 4 cylinder car can u guys **** with the new z06? can u **** with the viper??? OF COURSE NOT not even with a regular c6.****,even the c5 can take care of your heavy ass car, so thats good that u think that a civic si with mods can keep up, but remeber is still a 4 cylinder car, when any 4 cylinder car take a v8 ill say it again"you should be emabarrased " and i dont give a damn about a gto driver getting upset who de fck are they anyway??? the car cant compete with any of its 400 hp+ competiton it got smoke the **** by a 03-04 cobra,c5 corvette,c6 corvette,viper, z06's,sti's(yea b embarrased),charger strt8, my camaro ss smoke them 2, so tell me "WHATS SO COOL ABOUT THAT HEAVY ASS CAR"
Old 08-22-2007, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Sempher55
dude.. that sounds like total crap.. One time i ate spicy nachos.. drank 12 beers.. went to take a ****.. and it sounded exactly like that.. no offence, but i even think civics with a 4'' exahsut sound better than that.. and thats really pushing it!
You may not like my sound from my GTO either...

but give it a listen, turn up those speakers:

http://www.hepcatradio.com/mayb-3.wmv
Old 08-22-2007, 02:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
charger strt8, so tell me "WHATS SO COOL ABOUT THAT HEAVY ASS CAR"
Charger SRT8 = 4300 pounds.

PS- Camaro SS curb weight - 3440. Not that much lighter than a GTO (although the weight is lower and it does indeed handle better).
Old 08-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Banned

stupid we are talking about a v8 car and a 4 cylinder car can u guys **** with the new z06? can u **** with the viper??? OF COURSE NOT not even with a regular c6.****,even the c5 can take care of your heavy ass car, so thats good that u think that a civic si with mods can keep up, but remeber is still a 4 cylinder car, when any 4 cylinder car take a v8 ill say it again"you should be emabarrased " and i dont give a damn about a gto driver getting upset who de fck are they anyway??? the car cant compete with any of its 400 hp+ competiton it got smoke the **** by a 03-04 cobra,c5 corvette,c6 corvette,viper, z06's,sti's(yea b embarrased),charger strt8, my camaro ss smoke them 2, so tell me "WHATS SO COOL ABOUT THAT HEAVY ASS CAR"
stock for stock a 6.0 GTO would take an Sti ,srt-8 , camaro ss , and probably even an 03-04 cobra , and give the c5 a hell of a run for his money , but mod for mod 03-04 cobra isnt gonna be beat

you dont think pontiac knows its car is heavy , no **** but thats why its also geared steeper
Old 08-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Banned

Do some of you just have nothing better to do?

Q: Does it really matter that a GTO weighs 3700lbs

A: NO, It has 400HP and 400FtLbs of Torque

Q: Can a LS2 GTO stomp a STi, EVO, LS1 F-Body or 03/04 Cobra

A: It will kill the STi and EVO especially from a roll, the LS1 F-Body will be close in the 1/4 but from a roll it'a easy win for the GTO as for a C5 a well driven one will be a challenge for a GTO. When it comes to the 03/04 Cobra it's a drivers race no matter what some might think.

All in all who really cares anyway you tell anyone something but they don't have to listen.

The people who actually drive or have driven a car will always have to deal with the internet educated folk.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by LittleMT
You may not like my sound from my GTO either...

but give it a listen, turn up those speakers:

http://www.hepcatradio.com/mayb-3.wmv
urs didnt sound bad at all... at first i thought u had a harmonica as a muffler..thought it was badass!
Old 08-22-2007, 04:05 PM

Wow, I need to take an excedrin after reading this BS. If you continue to tyoe like an 8 year old I'll neg rep you, lol.

Wow, I need to take an excedrin after reading this BS. If you continue to type like an 8 year old I'll neg rep you, lol.

Last edited by 2slowGTO; 08-22-2007 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-22-2007, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by shabodah
Charger SRT8 = 4300 pounds.

PS- Camaro SS curb weight - 3440. Not that much lighter than a GTO (although the weight is lower and it does indeed handle better).
camaros handle like **** stock....GTO's definitely handle better than a camaro/ta out of the box....

IRS for the handling win!!
Old 08-22-2007, 06:14 PM

OK, you seem to be missing the point, so let me brief you on the point.

The Point
By Me

You can put enough money in any car to make it fast. The GTO is faster from the get go. Bragging that you put more in your car and were able to squeak out a win against a car that is stock, and stock for stock is undeniably faster is not something to brag about. More so since the car that is faster stock simply has to drop one or two hundred into it and you're back to where you started from before spending near a thousand.

The End.

P.S. Your mom should have swallowed, you idiot.

Originally Posted by HolyMoly
You both are crazy.

STI/EVO and GTO = driver's race in the 1/4mile.

Terminator>SRT-8>GTO=STI/EVO in quarter mile.

STI/EVO>SRT-8>>>>GTO=Terminator in handling

From a roll who gives a crap??

You cannot argue, these are facts.

Yes you can, when the GTO's have hit high 12's stock in the 1/4 mile. I know of NO STi, Evo, or even god's gift to the ricer, the SRT-4 that has hit anywhere near that time stock. Quit taking the best STi/Evo times and sticking them against the worst GTO times. You're one of the internet educated folk that someone mentioned earlier.

Last edited by Onyx Dragon; 08-22-2007 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-22-2007, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by HolyMoly
Maybe you should do some research then. There have been just as many EVOs and STIs hit 12s bone stock as there has been GTOs and one could argue it is a lot easier to hit low 13s in an STI or EVO than a GTO.

You are one of those crazy folk I mentioned in my last post.

Now STFU, w/ urN00Bocity
I'd like proof of that. My brother works in a subaru plant as Q/A. He knows those cars quite well. I'd like to see video evidence of an STi going 12.99 bone stock. I've seen GTOs hit 12.8's stock.

NOOBocity? Why don't you join us in the land of adults and talk like a big boy now, ok? I realize it's acceptable in high school to talk like your friends, but those of us that are adults, would prefer it if you talked like you had half a brain cell. Thanks.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:53 PM

you obviously dont know what power sounds like then.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by SK360
you obviously dont know what power sounds like then.
LOL! i got a 20b rx7! Your right I got no idea!
Old 08-22-2007, 09:15 PM

LOL! i got a 20b rx7! Your right I got no idea!
wow if only i cared what that meant... i bet it sounds like a lawnmower

Quick Reply: Y R all the GTO vs SS Threads Locked ?