War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Y R all the GTO vs SS Threads Locked ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^is it gonna take an ls2 swap in a cobalt for everyone to get along??
Old 08-13-2007, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by chevysalesman614
that would be pretty bad a**. Although I think it would be even better in an Aveo
Old 08-13-2007, 03:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah no kidding! but then some will say "Oh its not stock, it doesn't count!" God I swear this place can be ...... silly at times.

I can see the outrage when a Honduh guy comes in and flames but a GTO? Of first why is a GTO owner comeing here to flame? Is it beyound imagination for a Cobalt to be able to take a GTO? No the Balt could be built, the GTO driver could miss a shift, their are sooooo many variables that is silly! And come on SS owners, seriously, boost or no boost extra weight or no extra weight it has 3 TIMES the displacement you do. 3 TIMES! That in itself = faster!

Last edited by Jackalope; 08-13-2007 at 03:45 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:20 PM

unless you have the codyss edition cobalt. there was only one ever produced.. but no car can beat it.
except the codyss edition gto
Old 08-13-2007, 03:47 PM

unless you have the codyss edition cobalt. there was only one ever produced.. but no car can beat it.
Well at least someone here can Guys this is just the internet! LIGHTEN UP! No need for hate over something so pointless.

Seriously all it does is create hard feelings.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
why sit here and be like YAY when i had my cobalt i was neck and neck with v8's , when in reality they would put 4 cars on me from 40rolls and were running 13.2's at the track , its the sheer fact that the cobalt ISNT that fast i dont understand why people in cobalts with the stock blower even race 6.0 GTO's seriously there might be 5 cobalts on this site that could take a 6.0 GTO head to head at a sea level track, and there running nitrous or turbo or 2.5 pulleys with meth and then it would still be good runs

like common sense will tell you something when the 6.0 GTO's best STOCKtime is 12.88 while the cobalts best time FULLY modded is 12.84 , i really dont see how there is a race much less an argument , the 6.0 GTO isnt the fastest car ever but for the money its a ****** steal
Same can be said about the SS/SC. Bang for buck we get a good deal. The fact that a 4cyl chevy can be modded to run 12's is pretty decent in the big picture... There is no replacement for displacement, everyone knows this, BUT Balts CAN beat a GTO if modded enough. Whats the big deal. I still find it kinda funny that GTO's need to be defended here..
Arent we both GM?
Old 08-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Banned

You wanna knock this **** off.

I ran a 13.7 in mt Stage 2 SS/SC and 14.3 when it was stock, I ran a 13.03 in my GTO 100% stock. Nothing special about any of those times some have done better some worse.

So shut the **** up.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:26 PM

My only argument is over the cobalt SS/SC being an ECONOMY car...them are fightin' words!

Sports Car...yes...Even Sport compact (not sure whats compact about it)but hey...Maybe, I can even dig that. But, Economy car? I completely disagree.

You already have the LS and LT for an economy car...they didn't put a supercharger on it to make it more economical. They did it for speed. And you don't worry about speed on an economy car.

AVEO, Geo Metro, Carolla...those are economy cars. Sorry but a car tested on a track, teeth chattering sports suspension, supercharger, LSD, and Racing seats...doesn't = ECONOMY.

You can't use a cars bottom line heritage to determine what class it falls into.

Thats like taking an 325 BMW which is a family sedan and then saying an M3 is also a family sedan??

I don't think it works that way.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by M-Dub
And that goes back to my posts! GTO owners have little self confidence and have to go on to a chevy cobalt website to make them feel MANLY!!
People with low 14 second cars..modded..are saying they are beating mid 13 second cars and you say the GTO people are on here to feel manly?

Originally Posted by FNFAST
My only argument is over the cobalt SS/SC being an ECONOMY car...them are fightin' words!

Sports Car...yes...Even Sport compact (not sure whats compact about it)but hey...Maybe, I can even dig that. But, Economy car? I completely disagree.

You already have the LS and LT for an economy car...they didn't put a supercharger on it to make it more economical. They did it for speed. And you don't worry about speed on an economy car.

AVEO, Geo Metro, Carolla...those are economy cars. Sorry but a car tested on a track, teeth chattering sports suspension, supercharger, LSD, and Racing seats...doesn't = ECONOMY.

You can't use a cars bottom line heritage to determine what class it falls into.

Thats like taking an 325 BMW which is a family sedan and then saying an M3 is also a family sedan??

I don't think it works that way.
Teeth chattering? What are you driving again, a Ferrari or a cobalt? Quit talking it up like it's equivelant to an F1. Yes, it's a good suspension. No, it is not the best one out there. It's a low end car with a supercharged engine and tuned suspension. It's the best handling car in it's class and best accelerating car in it's class, which is sport compact. Yes, it's available for a steal, but for what you get from the GTO, so is it. And compared to the GTO, yes, your car is a commuter car.

Last edited by Onyx Dragon; 08-13-2007 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-13-2007, 05:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
These theads are not even fun anymore. You have both sides sitting on their keyboard talking out their ass. I have both an SS and a GTO, and there is not much comparison.

Both cars are a blast to drive, and the cobalt seemed to get twice the MPG, but I didn't buy my GTO because it was going to save me money, I bought it because I like it, and I have the same payment as my Cobalt.

In terms of racing: A HIGHLY modded SS will be able to beat a stock GTO. But what self respecting GTO owner will keep their car stock. Also some GTO owners don't know that there are non-supercharged SS's, so they talk crap sometimes about the wrong car. Not all SS's are on the same par even if they have the same mods, so one may be able to beat a car where they other would get spanked.

And I have heard some BS about the GTO losing advantage above ~80mph. The GTO may lose wind compared to the acceleration it put out in 1st-3rd gear, but it still pulls harder at those speeds than the SS.

Let's post something entertaining, like real videos street or strip I don't care.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by M-Dub
Because the GTO guys are so sensitive of their "weenkie" that they have to prove their V8 powered RWD 400 hp car is faster and superior to our 30 mpg 4 cylinder car!

Okay back to your bickering!
Nice bro, I was thinking the same ****. I bought mine cause it was cheap, GM, and good on gas. Anyway the video that started this **** was cool.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:46 PM

You can't take options into account when clasifing a car. You must look at its base model as anything else after all IS optional on the base car. The base Cobalt is the Cavaliers replacement, both the Cavalier AND the Cobalt are in fact ECONOMY CARS. I hate to burst anyones bubble but *POP* there it goes now.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Onyx Dragon
Teeth chattering? What are you driving again, a Ferrari or a cobalt? Quit talking it up like it's equivelant to an F1. Yes, it's a good suspension. No, it is not the best one out there. It's a low end car with a supercharged engine and tuned suspension. It's the best handling car in it's class and best accelerating car in it's class, which is sport compact. Yes, it's available for a steal, but for what you get from the GTO, so is it. And compared to the GTO, yes, your car is a commuter car.
I think the Mazda Speed 3 holds both of those, definitely acceleration, handling maybe not.

The Cobalt is an econobox on a light dose of steriods. You can give it more steriods, but it's still an econobox.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:43 PM

More importantly, both Cobalt443 and LilMT are HOTTTTTTT!!!!

and they drive hot cars!
Old 08-14-2007, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by shabodah
More importantly, both Cobalt443 and LilMT are HOTTTTTTT!!!!

and they drive hot cars!

smoooooooooooooooooooooooch!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
I think the Mazda Speed 3 holds both of those, definitely acceleration, handling maybe not.

The Cobalt is an econobox on a light dose of steriods. You can give it more steriods, but it's still an econobox.
The Mazda Speed 3 was the most over hyped sport compact ever. At best I think it may match the SS/SC.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:25 AM

from what i have headr some have dipped into the high 13's stock. When tuning becomes available for them i think some people might be in trouble
Old 08-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Banned

I don't see tuning doing much since every test and review states the tiny turbo is already maxxed out.

That and with the times they usually run I doubt 13's are more than a 1 in 200 thing.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:46 AM

You guys are right...cobalts are slow...economic...can't handle...douche bag owned...get shitty gas milage...look gay...shitty interior...crappy motor...unable to be made fast...and so on and so forth.

Yet, you all still find it acceptable to be here...even when you don't own one. I mean I have a log on for Geo Metro.com and feel the need to go over there all the time.

You guys rip on our cars...you rip on us..you feel the need to constantly tell us what we can and can't do and how super ******* awesome your cars are, whether it be a GTO, Camaro, STI, EVO, Grand Prix, Mazdaspeed 3, SRT-4...I mean **** the list keeps going...yet again...here you are...wanting to compare your cars...on a economy car site...I hear they are looking for new members on the Geo Metro Site too...so why donn't you guys mosey on over there..then you can feel even better about your cars...and you can REALLY tell them they can't win.

You guys are ******* pathetic.

I'm leaving the site...maybe I will go join the GTO site...I can assure you there isn't any GTO's there...because they are all on the cobalt sites.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:56 AM

Old 08-14-2007, 11:38 AM

Not sure why you guys stick to the war stories section and or lounge...you should be over in the nitrous section telling us how slow we are even with nitrous...or the performance section telling us it is hopeless to get performance out of our cars...or the tech section saying how we should have seen it coming.

Better yet...lets have all the other car owners go to ever thread they see and just post:

"YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A *insert your car*"

Because every car is more reliable, faster, better gas milage, cooler looking, better handling..blah blah blah.

welcome to: GTO/Cobalt.net everyone!!

:
Old 08-14-2007, 11:40 AM

You guys are right...cobalts are slow...economic...can't handle...douche bag owned...get shitty gas milage...look gay...shitty interior...crappy motor...unable to be made fast...and so on and so forth.

Yet, you all still find it acceptable to be here...even when you don't own one. I mean I have a log on for Geo Metro.com and feel the need to go over there all the time.

You guys rip on our cars...you rip on us..you feel the need to constantly tell us what we can and can't do and how super ******* awesome your cars are, whether it be a GTO, Camaro, STI, EVO, Grand Prix, Mazdaspeed 3, SRT-4...I mean **** the list keeps going...yet again...here you are...wanting to compare your cars...on a economy car site...I hear they are looking for new members on the Geo Metro Site too...so why donn't you guys mosey on over there..then you can feel even better about your cars...and you can REALLY tell them they can't win.

I'm leaving the site...maybe I will go join the GTO site...I can assure you there isn't any GTO's there...because they are all on the cobalt sites.
Good grief. No one is saying any of that. What we are saying is it IS an economy car and considered that based on it's base model (which is NOT a bad thing, btw, for insurance), that people need to stop putting it higher than it is (Remember that list I had to make to prove that the cobalt was NOT the top of the performance food chain in GM?), and that people need to realize that "OMG! MY STAGE 2/STOCK COBALT HUNG WITH A GTO!" are NOT believable. I don't know about the other non-cobalt owners, but I do the same thing on clubgp, and I call rice on them for doing stupid things like putting "WS.6" badges on their car.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:44 AM

I've been a member here longer then you, how do you know if I own a Cobalt or not?
Old 08-14-2007, 11:56 AM

Good grief. No one is saying any of that. What we are saying is it IS an economy car and considered that based on it's base model (which is NOT a bad thing, btw, for insurance), that people need to stop putting it higher than it is (Remember that list I had to make to prove that the cobalt was NOT the top of the performance food chain in GM?), and that people need to realize that "OMG! MY STAGE 2/STOCK COBALT HUNG WITH A GTO!" are NOT believable. I don't know about the other non-cobalt owners, but I do the same thing on clubgp, and I call rice on them for doing stupid things like putting "WS.6" badges on their car.
No? Then how come I can't even talk about the suspension in my car...which is WAYY to stiff by the way...without getting the whole.."now your car is a Ferrari?" Speal. WTF??

When did I say my car was a ferrari? You guys put words in our mouths...then rip on us.

We say... well we get good gas milage at least....then you say oh yeah...well **** you we get 32mpg...three times faster to 60...brakes better...looks better...blah blah...all from a we get good gas milage comment? Which is ******* amazing I might add...our "ECONOMY" car gets less gas milage than your superior GTO's...go figure...jesus christ...Go read some of the threads and you will see that sometimes...our bitching at you guys is MORE than justified.

I've been a member here longer then you, how do you know if I own a Cobalt or not?
I'm happy for you...I really am...you can tell your friends you have been on a cobalt site longer than someone
Old 08-14-2007, 12:04 PM

I'm happy for you...I really am...you can tell your friends you have been on a cobalt site longer than someone

I can tell my friends I am a member of a Cobalt site where you whine and cry and pout about whom is a member and what they drive.

Quick Reply: Y R all the GTO vs SS Threads Locked ?