War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Y R all the GTO vs SS Threads Locked ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 12:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im sorry, but what the **** gives people from other car forums the right
to self appoint yourselves the "bullshit police"

if your coming here touting yourselves as "car enthusiasts" who just wanna talk cars....thats fine, because since you dont own a cobalt that would be the legitimate reason.

but if all you do is spend your time looking for people to call bullshit on, then we dont need you.

The war stories section needs to be deleted.
because all it does is attract 1 post wonders coming here because their ego got the best of them and they cant help but sign up to start flame wars.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by FNFAST
You guys are right...cobalts are slow...economic...can't handle...douche bag owned...get shitty gas milage...look gay...shitty interior...crappy motor...unable to be made fast...and so on and so forth.

Yet, you all still find it acceptable to be here...even when you don't own one. I mean I have a log on for Geo Metro.com and feel the need to go over there all the time.

You guys rip on our cars...you rip on us..you feel the need to constantly tell us what we can and can't do and how super ******* awesome your cars are, whether it be a GTO, Camaro, STI, EVO, Grand Prix, Mazdaspeed 3, SRT-4...I mean **** the list keeps going...yet again...here you are...wanting to compare your cars...on a economy car site...I hear they are looking for new members on the Geo Metro Site too...so why donn't you guys mosey on over there..then you can feel even better about your cars...and you can REALLY tell them they can't win.

You guys are ******* pathetic.

I'm leaving the site...maybe I will go join the GTO site...I can assure you there isn't any GTO's there...because they are all on the cobalt sites.

Are you new?! If you were a part of this community you would recognize most of our names. Almost everyone you see on here talking crap about GTO vs. SS actually own or have owned the SS. We are not just people on here talking crap with no referrence. I think most of us had pretty damn cool SS's too. I know that I probably had the most respected SS in my state. Yet here I am, posting in relevant threads on a site that I have belinged to for a long time.

Stop making posts about GTOs and you will stop getting discussion about them. But then you will post about another car and get those owners posting in here too.

We all know arguing online is next to pointless but we all still do it.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by chevysalesman614
sorry, but i would take the Mazdaspeed miata over your car

(thats just another mazda... THERE ARE ALOT BETTER CARS OUT THERE THAN YOURS. DO NOT GET TOO FULL OF YOURSELF.)
Originally Posted by IamBATMAN
Que? We are talking about sport compact cars here. Miata = sports car or roadster.

Right now, the MS3 is the best sport compact and I don't own one.
Hey hey you two! Let's stay somewhat on topic.

Here are some pointers:

1. This thread is about GTO's
2. This thread is about Cobalts
3. Discusion topics should remain limited to parts 1 and 2.
4. Should 3rd party discussion take place, please remove yourself from the thread, and find a relecant one to post in.

This thread is about 2 cars, so that should make discussion a lot easier to follow. Let's not drop names, or throw other things into the mix. It's not so much the GTO Trolls taking the thread into Timbuctoo, but more the non-affiliated people throwing monkey feces on a debate.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, I guess I'll give my .02.........

The threads are always getting locked because they quickly turn into pissing matches.

For my part, I had an LSJ based car (the Ion Redline which actually came out in 04 so I DO have 2 years worth of LSJ experience) that had a 2.7" pulley and a CAI. The car was a little beast and I actually relished the role of the underdog in that car.

I became a member of this forum because the Saturn Ion Redline forums didn't have as popular a Texas section as this one does. I picked up some good information on this board, but also remember passing along some good information (Us 04 Saturn guys felt like the Guinea Pigs of the LSJ world).

In the Fall of 06 I had to get rid of the Saturn. While a potent little car, it left me stranded a few times and as new cars go (well 2 years old), that IMO was unacceptable. GM didn't have anything else within my price range that appealed to me. I could've easily switched to a Cobalt SS which I actually considered at the time, but having been burned by the LSJ once, I didn't want to take my chances. The GTO made a little more sense to me at the time and at only 7K more than the Saturn I bought 2 years ago, it seemed like the right choice.

I consider many people on this forum friends, and having owned an LSJ I take great interest in the performance gains made by the LSJ.

What it all boils down to is GM created the Cobalt SS/SC and priced it in the low $20k and at that price IMO it is a great buy. GM also created the GTO and priced it in the low $30k range. While it can be argued that at that price it wasn't the most successful car in its class, its still the cheapest car you can buy with 400HP stock.

Both cars are great for their segment, which is good news for GM. I'll continue to take an interest in any high performance vehicle produced by GM, even the ones with the occasional cocky egotistical story telling owner (that goes for both sides ).
Old 08-14-2007, 02:42 PM

I can tell my friends I am a member of a Cobalt site where you whine and cry and pout about whom is a member and what they drive.
Whatever you think makes you more attractive.

Did you see a slip?.
If I show you the timeslip will you promise never to come back??

His times and trap don't even add up. 12.50 maybe
I would explain to you what happens when you run nitrous and have problems..but to be honest...I don't really like you enough

i never said the cobalt is an economy car i liked my cobalt i woudnt be on here all the time if i didnt , i just feel there are better cars out there to be had with better reliability , i mean ya my gas milage is gonna blow ass but its alright i dont drive much
No issues with you red or GTO's. I just get sick of the words being put into peoples mouths from people who don't own the car and obvioulsy have a vendetta towards them. We can't even seem to talk about our cars on a site designed for the owners without ********* coming in (not everyone) telling us we are wrong. I mean seriously...you have guys like onyx...who you say your suspension is too ******* stiff and he goes on spouting how "you don't drive an F1 car or Ferrari." It's like...when the **** is a Ferrari or F1 the only cars with suspension to stiff for the road? You have guys like Batman, coming in here with 4 posts trying to tell me how fast my car is. Thats not whining...it's ******* bullshit. You will have people who have never even driven the cars spouting out Car and Driver numbers until they are blue in the face. Trying to tell people who own them what they can and can't do.

If thats whining...hand me a couple nipples to suck on (not yours little MT...not a fan of soured milk thanks)

Im sorry, but what the **** gives people from other car forums the right
to self appoint yourselves the "bullshit police"

if your coming here touting yourselves as "car enthusiasts" who just wanna talk cars....thats fine, because since you dont own a cobalt that would be the legitimate reason.

but if all you do is spend your time looking for people to call bullshit on, then we dont need you.

The war stories section needs to be deleted.
because all it does is attract 1 post wonders coming here because their ego got the best of them and they cant help but sign up to start flame wars.

AMEN BROTHER

I'll continue to take an interest in any high performance vehicle produced by GM
We don't have high performance cars...haven't you been reading...we have cars made specifically for good gas milage because the 2.2 LS says so.

AKA economy

Last edited by FNFAST; 08-14-2007 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-14-2007, 02:53 PM

A slip would be awesome and another one to back it up.
and another...and another..and another...and another.

Tell you what...when you get 25 posts...come and see me..I will send you three...but then you have to leave and never come back...because your not truly batman. And no signing back on again as wonder woman...or batgirl...or cat woman? Do we have a deal bruce wayne?

To answer the thread question, it is because most SS/SC owner are unhumble little kiddies. They feel the need to justify their car/purchase every chance they get and cannot stand facing facts.
The FACTS??? Like the fact this is a COBALT site and you have people who don't own them coming in here telling us to speak "humbly" of our cars.

**** off.

Last edited by FNFAST; 08-14-2007 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-14-2007, 03:04 PM

No? Then how come I can't even talk about the suspension in my car...which is WAYY to stiff by the way...without getting the whole.."now your car is a Ferrari?" Speal. WTF??
Stiff != "Teeth rattling" Please use your exact words. It might be stiff, but I seriously doubt you know "teeth rattling" unless you've been in a track only car or something close to it, which the cobalt is not.

When did I say my car was a ferrari? You guys put words in our mouths...then rip on us.
Are you kidding me? Can't you recognize sarcasm? Re-read my post, and the exact wording I used, and then tell me how you even remotely thought that I thought you said you had a Ferrari.

We say... well we get good gas milage at least....then you say oh yeah...well **** you we get 32mpg...three times faster to 60...brakes better...looks better...blah blah...all from a we get good gas milage comment? Which is ******* amazing I might add...our "ECONOMY" car gets less gas milage than your superior GTO's...go figure...jesus christ...Go read some of the threads and you will see that sometimes...our bitching at you guys is MORE than justified.
The threads the GTO owners jump in are, as I've stated time and time again but you can't seem to comprehend, DUE TO COBALT OWNERS MAKING REDICULOUS CLAIMS!

Please read and re-read that part in caps until you understand WHY they do it, and if you don't understand after that, then ask me to explain again.

and another...and another..and another...and another.
The FACTS??? Like the fact this is a COBALT site and you have people who don't own them coming in here telling us to speak "humbly" of our cars.
No, truthfully. HUGE difference.

Last edited by Onyx Dragon; 08-14-2007 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-14-2007, 03:05 PM

I don't get butthurt like a lot of you guys get
His boyfriend says he has too much practice in to get butthurt anymore...you could probably drive your pink stickered car right in there.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:11 PM
Banned

God damn this thread is still going haha.....
Old 08-14-2007, 03:14 PM

It might be stiff, but I seriously doubt you know "teeth rattling" unless you've been in a track only car or something close to it, which the cobalt is not.
Since when is a ferrari a track only car? and yes teeth rattling...as in I have to slow down for cracks in the road for fear my wheels are gonna fall off.

Please read and re-read that part in caps until you understand WHY they do it, and if you don't understand after that, then ask me to explain again.
You should go back and reread...take your own advice.

I was all in FULL favor of the GTO owners...the whole issue started with me defending the cobalt as an Economy car...period and then some peckerhead...oh wait that would be you...jumps on my ass and tells me I'm not driving a ferrari or F1 car. Because I used a descriptive phrase. Thats my point you guys nit pick **** until it gets into a full blown pissing match.

This thread has gone from a bunch of guys (go back for the original people, which include me) joking around and laughing about the subject...to a bunch of douche bags coming in and starting ****.

Now I see whay they all get locked. This one...needs to be as well.

Old 08-14-2007, 03:21 PM

GTO's are slow, overpriced, and ugly, but were engineered by GM to make their owners' penises grow 6". I own a cobalt ss/sc which is the best car known to man. Despite it's modest 245 hp (stage 2), it can easily accomplish the 1/4 mile in under 6 seconds with nothing but bolt-ons.

LONG LIVE THE BOWTIE IN ITS GOLDEN GLORY!!!!
Old 08-14-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Please don't feed the trolls.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by 07SilverSS/SC
GTO's are slow, overpriced, and ugly, but were engineered by GM to make their owners' penises grow 6". I own a cobalt ss/sc which is the best car known to man. Despite it's modest 245 hp (stage 2), it can easily accomplish the 1/4 mile in under 6 seconds with nothing but bolt-ons.

LONG LIVE THE BOWTIE IN ITS GOLDEN GLORY!!!!
I think he spread his butt cheeks and that post fell out!

Last edited by Psykostevo; 08-14-2007 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-14-2007, 03:31 PM

Old 08-14-2007, 03:32 PM

That post is full of sarcasm... The GTO is a 400 hp beast stock. I would own one if I could afford it... and gas prices dropped a little bit.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn this is getting bad!
Old 08-14-2007, 03:38 PM

Damn this is getting bad!
always does man.

By the way...your sig is the best...that is funny stuff!!

ONYX - I should apologize...I shouldn't have called you a peckerhead. You have kept your posts civil even if you are calling out disbelief and BS on me. Sorry about that.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:41 PM

[QUOTE] The threads the GTO owners jump in are, as I've stated time and time again but you can't seem to comprehend, DUE TO COBALT OWNERS MAKING REDICULOUS CLAIMS! [QUOTE]

Not trying to start anything but what would you consider a ridiculous claim? As far as comparing cobalts to GTO's, i know for a fact that anything can happen on the street including a cobalt hanging/beating/competing with an ls1 gto... the 6 liter is obviously a **** load faster.
My only point in posting this is that until you race someone, you just don't know, so how can people hating on cobalts be so narrow-minded?
Old 08-14-2007, 03:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
always does man.

By the way...your sig is the best...that is funny stuff!!
Thanks! Reign made it for me.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Banned

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....
Old 08-14-2007, 04:16 PM

to the op. becuase gto's are faster than ss/sc and no one can believe it
Old 08-14-2007, 06:09 PM
Banned

all I know is my daddy can beat the **** outta your daddy with or without teh NAAAWWWWWZZZZZZ!!!!
Old 08-14-2007, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by TXRLU
all I know is my daddy can beat the **** outta your daddy with or without teh NAAAWWWWWZZZZZZ!!!!
I don't know about that... the HepKittys daddy was one mean Daddy-o!
Old 08-14-2007, 08:07 PM
Banned

This thread makes me want to take off my drivers side door and ghost ride my GTO into a tree.

Yeeeeeehaaaaaaw................
Old 08-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Banned

^^^^what^^^^

Quick Reply: Y R all the GTO vs SS Threads Locked ?