War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Your Slow!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 06:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your Slow!!

So im driving down one of the roads here in florida when I see an STI. I immediately switch lanes and get side by side with him. Before I could even give him “the look”
He was already accelerating! Of course I mashed the gas with him and we begin to go from a roll of about 30 mph all the way up to around 85. I kid you not when I say that the STI didn’t pull on me at all. I also had a passenger and so did he. I don’t know if he was stock but he did have an exhaust ( or atleast a fart can). So anyway, the race ended early because the lanes merged. He cut me off so bad I almost slammed into him. I sped around him and got infront, at that point the race of course was over.
No winner declared because we were dead even. Well my turns comes up to make a left so I get in the turning lane. As he passes by me he slows down tremendously , I prepare myself to give him the thumbs up ( racing with fellow car enthusiast to me , no matter who the winner is is always in good fun) as he slows down and passes me he yells YOUR SLOW!! Then he Speeds back up and takes off. My thumb is left in the air in shock as my temper boils. The fact that I was on low fuel for the past 30 minutes is the only reason I didn’t chase him down and run him off the road.

That’s my story. Happened yesterday.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:35 PM
p7x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find ppl in RSX-S, STI's and most mustangs have attitudes like you wouldn't believe. Now Im sure that could be said for all cars but you can't generalize everyone thats just my experience.

Especially STI's in canada cuz they have no direct comp. Down in the US STI's are more than kept in check by EVO's.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:36 PM
Banned

gratz on staying even, i would be mad too if i spent 10k more on my car and be dead even with a cobalt LOL.

BTW the mods here are gonna spank you cuz u posted this in the wrong spot! you know how the mods here are!
Old 06-15-2006, 06:48 PM

i didnt post in drag racing or war stories because the thread isnt directly about the race itself, its about the comment he meant after. hence the title being Your SLow and not CObalt vs STI
Old 06-15-2006, 06:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FLCobalt
i didnt post in drag racing or war stories because the thread isnt directly about the race itself, its about the comment he meant after. hence the title being Your SLow and not CObalt vs STI
ya i know, its preety obvious when you look at the title. the mods here a a bit....... someone wanna fill in the blank?
Old 06-15-2006, 06:53 PM

I had an older dude with his wifey say something similar at the movies the other nite. I was walking to my car wth my boy and there was a S2000 parked next to my car. I said "look how little that thing is" and then the guy and his wifey where close enough to hear and he said "it maybe small, but if we raced you would lose". I told him, "you wanna make that a bet?" and he kinda just laughed. Well I waited for him and they got up on the main road as did I. he was in front of me and took off as soon as he got on the road and made me play catch up.

Well I caught up, passed, and laughed my ass off. I ate that guy alive. I know he felt stupid at that point. Funny people

Oh that was with a 260 lb passenger
Old 06-15-2006, 06:57 PM

Maybe he knows you from this forum? You are one of the slowest SS/SC out there!
Old 06-15-2006, 06:58 PM

Yea i can tell you from expierence, so many people have under estimated my car, they think its stock, then when i win, there like "wow that thing gets up" i love the cobalt, may not be the fastest car, but it really holds it's own with mods.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:07 PM

these cars just havent gotten respect yet from the masses because they are Chevys and sh*t.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:11 PM
p7x

Originally Posted by FLCobalt
these cars just havent gotten respect yet from the masses because they are Chevys and sh*t.
Honestly I felt that way before but it's tru domestics I think have to try harder to prove themselves but the Cobalt isnt that fast of a car. If you compare it to the potential of say an SRT4.

Not to mention the for some reason ppl like video taping and posting themselves losing more often than winning.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by p7x
Honestly I felt that way before but it's tru domestics I think have to try harder to prove themselves but the Cobalt isnt that fast of a car. If you compare it to the potential of say an SRT4.

Not to mention the for some reason ppl like video taping and posting themselves losing more often than winning.

That is true, it isnt the fastest, and doesnt have near as much potential as the srt-4 as of yet, we will just have to wait and see, what is to come of aftermarket support for the car, hopefully a turbokit, but as of now, iam very proud of what my cobalt can do with the mods given.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:18 PM

it's weird I really don't get much of a adittude from those guys I mostly see a state of shock on there face when I am still next to them after they let off. I find this car to be a great sleeper, glad I am paying it off to own it
Old 06-15-2006, 07:22 PM

thats hilarious! i could just imagine your hand in the air giving the thumbs up as he drives by..."you're slow!" then you just sit there with a wtf! look on your face.

Old 06-15-2006, 07:27 PM

**** that *******! i hate ****** like that and normally i write down there license plate number and report it to the police just to get even if they **** me off that bad. lol im an evil little ****
Old 06-15-2006, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by VictoryRed06
**** that *******! i hate ****** like that and normally i write down there license plate number and report it to the police just to get even if they **** me off that bad. lol im an evil little ****
I sure as hell don't want to **** you off I have to many point as it is lol
Old 06-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Banned

you dont know underestimation till you drive something with a saturn badge, i swear. My roll call reels in alot of revs!
Old 06-15-2006, 07:38 PM

No offense, but I think the Cobalt LS and SS non supercharged are what makes our cars seem slow. Unless you know the difference you might just say you whooped up on an SS Supercharged, when it was the non supercharaged you beat. Other then the wing, its very hard to tell the difference unless you researched both, and most cars give you the option to choose a wing as an option which isnt the case for our cars. I wish they SS / SC would have gotten its own name and the others their own name, that way no confusion. YOu dont see a non turbo SRT-4....
Old 06-15-2006, 07:44 PM

^^ sure you do I have seen two sxt the guys took off the badge and put a srt4 badge on GHEYY I just laughed at them dumb asses
Old 06-15-2006, 07:49 PM
p7x

Originally Posted by Shortbus
That is true, it isnt the fastest, and doesnt have near as much potential as the srt-4 as of yet, we will just have to wait and see, what is to come of aftermarket support for the car, hopefully a turbokit, but as of now, iam very proud of what my cobalt can do with the mods given.
Fo sho I love my car, but the moment I boought it I knew that it was not going to be a street beast. Im guessing there are some ppl that think the SS S/C can be. More power to them. As for me I wil fine tune and tweak the balt just the way I like it, an ultimate expression of oneself, until my EVO arrives
Old 06-15-2006, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by p7x
Fo sho I love my car, but the moment I boought it I knew that it was not going to be a street beast. Im guessing there are some ppl that think the SS S/C can be. More power to them. As for me I wil fine tune and tweak the balt just the way I like it, an ultimate expression of oneself, until my EVO arrives

Yea iam making the best out of it, with the mods available to it!
Old 06-15-2006, 08:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Xenozx
No offense, but I think the Cobalt LS and SS non supercharged are what makes our cars seem slow. Unless you know the difference you might just say you whooped up on an SS Supercharged, when it was the non supercharaged you beat. Other then the wing, its very hard to tell the difference unless you researched both, and most cars give you the option to choose a wing as an option which isnt the case for our cars. I wish they SS / SC would have gotten its own name and the others their own name, that way no confusion. YOu dont see a non turbo SRT-4....

i dunno. i don't know any cars in my price range that'll touch my 2.4 SS. i paid under 15k... find me a car in the low 15s for that.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by joeworkstoohard
i dunno. i don't know any cars in my price range that'll touch my 2.4 SS. i paid under 15k... find me a car in the low 15s for that.
IM not saying the are slow cars period, they are just slow compared to the STI's, Evo's, SRT-4's, and SS/SC's. But IM saying when an STI races an non supercharged SS they are like, wow I ate that guy by 6-8 cars. Cobalt SS's are slow....

To them thats all Cobalt SS's....
Old 06-15-2006, 09:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Xenozx
Actually there is an appearance package called SRT-Design and it's basically an SXT 2.0 w/ a hood and wing of the SRT. Nothin else really, but I believe the SRT-4 guys refer to it as an SRT-D. There is one here locally that thinks he's THE ****.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:12 PM
p7x

Originally Posted by Shortbus
Yea iam making the best out of it, with the mods available to it!
you're doin a good job, car looks pimp!
Old 06-15-2006, 09:16 PM
Platinum Member

don't you mean "You're Slow" instead of "Your Slow"?

Quick Reply: Your Slow!!