War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Z06 v. Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Onyxd04Redline
They build up the engine when they use twin turbo's
Yea, exactly. Do something right, or don't do it at all.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by UmeNNis
...With all this talk about 'no boost'... I take it nobody has ever heard of Lingenfelter? ... or the SC and Twin Turbo kits they produce for the Corvette...?
You mean this?
http://www.lingenfelter.com/Lingenfe...boCorvette.htm

I'm pretty sure that in the first 5 lines they mention pistons, crank, and con rods.... I'm pretty sure that's not stock anymore...

Besides... for $46k you better damn well get a built motor.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by JKennedy1612
LOLZ sure they will.

Wow clearly you don't know anything about LS motors.

Wow...HAHAHAHAHA
hahha WOW obviously you have no idea what you are talking about in general. why do you say i know nothing about ls motors? You think all ls series motors are engineered for n/a power to the extent the ls7 is? not even remotely close. There is so much more potential from the ls1/ls2 power wise from an engine that big it's not even funny, thats why they make for such a good aftermarket. i'd like to hear your reasoning for the last "wow....hahahaha" too. you think it's a coincedence ford feels comfortable pushing 625+hp out of the stock longblock 5.4 to go in the supersnake while gm had to make the ls9 to reach those power levels? 100-150hp from forced induction on a motor that size is nothing, but gm felt the ls7 was far from capable of doing it right. sure, of course it can make good power with forced induction, but not very impressive for an engine of that size. There are much better choices for forced induction out of its competition. think about the competition here-

-the viper motor can handle some pretty damn big numbers fairly easily.
-the 5.4 has been proven to make huge numbers on the stock longblock...over 900whp on pump and into the thousands on race.

im not trying to talk down the ls7, i LOVE the ls7 but it is not the greatest motor for forced induction PERIOD.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by cakeeater
hahha WOW obviously you have no idea what you are talking about in general. why do you say i know nothing about ls motors? You think all ls series motors are engineered for n/a power to the extent the ls7 is? not even remotely close. There is so much more potential from the ls1/ls2 power wise from an engine that big it's not even funny, thats why they make for such a good aftermarket. i'd like to hear your reasoning for the last "wow....hahahaha" too.
+1 You 100% right, high CR motors don't like boost. Im not saying they dont make killer power with boost BUT the internals, mainly pistons, dont like it. Why do you think when guys build there motors up for high boost they lower the CR on them??? Its not because they want to lose power its because they want to be able to run higher boost safer.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
+1 You 100% right, high CR motors don't like boost. Im not saying they dont make killer power with boost BUT the internals, mainly pistons, dont like it. Why do you think when guys build there motors up for high boost they lower the CR on them??? Its not because they want to lose power its because they want to be able to run higher boost safer.
mmmhhhmmmm but obviously we caught the "ls_ is greater than joo" committee in a meeting. There are alot of ford motors, daimler chrylser, mopar, i would say the same thing about, this has nothing to do with loyalty, its facts.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:12 AM

One more thing everone better enjoy these high HP cars while they last because let me tell you the end is near. In the next 5-10 years the muscle cars as we know them will be long gone or Very different. With the new laws that have just been passed the power will start to drop or the motors will be changing. With car makers having to average 25mpg then to 35mpg by 2020(I think) through their whole fleet. The high HP cars will be the ones to take a hit in power since SUVs and pickup trucks are automakers bread and butter there will be nothing left to take the hit.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:56 AM

Yeah I think all Corvette owners should sell their car and buy a Mustang. They have much more potential.

Don't watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzSxMp2CWQ0
WOW! 920hp from a completely built 7.0l, you really know your stuff don't you! and who said anything about trading in for a mustang? I would trade my car for a stock z06 in a second. nobody ever said anything like that....no wait while we are on the whole video posting thing why don't you take a look at this-

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

built 7.0 meet built 5.4. i guess 1450whp is too much though? 920 is just right. this is a joke that you post a video of a built ls7 making 920whp to combat what im saying, IT DOESNT EVEN HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE. You realize that vette you posted has everything done that i said is necessary for the ls7 to be a good basis for forced induction? that gt was making almost 100whp more than that ls7 on the stock longblock. just keep in mind this is not a ford vs gm thing, you are making it that with your mustang comments. This is just fact with a good example. THERE IS A REASON THE LS9 EXISTS. keep that in mind.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:30 AM

Jesus Christ dude everyone knows LS motors don't have forged internals. Everyone knows they aren't SPECIFICALLY built for boost like an 03' Cobra. So chill the **** out.
+1

I'm not trying to start anything.... but why does it seem like the non-Cobalt owners are the ones who come in an argue?
Old 12-30-2007, 01:39 AM
Banned

Why would i ditch my 3115lb C6 for an overweight 4000lb GT500?
Old 12-30-2007, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Omega_5
+1

I'm not trying to start anything.... but why does it seem like the non-Cobalt owners are the ones who come in an argue?
because of posts like mr. kennedy's. i and others were stating facts, and he comes in with posts like this acting like he knows all...so it went from discussion to argument and a stupid one at that because of....kennedy.

"Wow clearly you don't know anything about LS motors."

"Wow...HAHAHAHAHA"

onyx this had nothing to do with mustangs...dont get sucked in
Old 12-30-2007, 01:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cakeeater
because of posts like mr. kennedy's. i and others were stating facts, and he comes in with posts like this acting like he knows all...so it went from discussion to argument and a stupid one at that because of....kennedy.

"Wow clearly you don't know anything about LS motors."

"Wow...HAHAHAHAHA"

onyx this had nothing to do with mustangs...dont get sucked in
I'm drunk. JHust avoid my posts
Old 12-30-2007, 01:56 AM

This whole thread is about Mustangs and Z06s!
yea but the discussion that you included your argument in was about the ls7's f/i capabilities and when i brought up a ford engine you said, "so everyone should trade in their vette for a mustang?" or whatever. Nobody said that at all. I dont want onyx to think that any of us mustang people beleive that.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:23 AM

.... Oh jeezus...
Old 12-30-2007, 02:25 AM

Yeah I think all Corvette owners should sell their car and buy a Mustang. They have much more potential.

Don't watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzSxMp2CWQ0
HAHA Nothing like throwing in a video that has nothing to do with the argument. Maybe you dont understand what we are trying to say.

The point is NOT that LS motors do not respond to boost very well it IS the fact that there HIGH CR effects how much boost and power the motor can SAFELY handle on stock motor.

Also what is with the stupid comment? I guess you another stuckup Corvette owner, nothing is better or can ever beat the ALL MIGHTY CORVETTE right? Even though no one said anything about Mustangs being better.

Jesus Christ dude everyone knows LS motors don't have forged internals. Everyone knows they aren't SPECIFICALLY built for boost like an 03' Cobra. So chill the **** out.
UHH the Z06 has stonger rods (Titanium Rods) and slightly weaker pistons (Aluminum Flat Top Pistons) than a 03/04 Cobra. Its due to the High CR that hurts the car when adding the boost.