Wheels and Tires All about wheels and tires. What fits, show tires, and so on

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010 | 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by ramrod1337
Newer meaning? 05 to 2010? Im not sure, i do know there not impressive i think like 186 or 196 and the vtech dnt do nething for the new si's atleast that i can tell, i take them down daily out here and thats modded si's nothing big but typical bolt ons. no suprise a stock balt taking down modded si's and im not bragging just ******* on the new hondas they are ****, honda has no performance cars out. other than si. For performance honda is going to ****.
I like the b series and d series, dnt know a lot about the f or h series but b and d and the k series i have some knowledge

what hp gain have u got from ur mods i wanna run a 2.8 pulley with 60's and a header back just curious on hp gains?
yea i gotcha on that

ill give my numbers i got stock and tuned and with new setup havent not got it dynoed yet

1st dyno- aem intake Vibrant header dp & 3in cat back 225hp 196tq

2nd dyno- same stuff plus a tune 249hp 209tq i think this are the numbers i havent talked about them in a while haha

but with my current setup im think 270hp but in till i dyno im only guessing haha if i had a full intake my whine would be louder but im cool with it being stock and the aem short pipe and filter replacing the air box
Old 06-24-2010 | 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by DSmastery
yea i gotcha on that

ill give my numbers i got stock and tuned and with new setup havent not got it dynoed yet

1st dyno- aem intake Vibrant header dp & 3in cat back 225hp 196tq

2nd dyno- same stuff plus a tune 249hp 209tq i think this are the numbers i havent talked about them in a while haha

but with my current setup im think 270hp but in till i dyno im only guessing haha if i had a full intake my whine would be louder but im cool with it being stock and the aem short pipe and filter replacing the air box
Ya its much easier to get to the filter that way too, but thats around where i want my car like 265 270 but what tune is it or who tuned it?
So with an intake and headerback and tune u got 249? **** i need to get the header back and a tune asap. Ya i know a local guy said he could tune a stock one close to 230 well stock meaning just cai sorry
Old 06-24-2010 | 11:34 PM

Ya its much easier to get to the filter that way too, but thats around where i want my car like 265 270 but what tune is it or who tuned it?
So with an intake and headerback and tune u got 249? **** i need to get the header back and a tune asap. Ya i know a local guy said he could tune a stock one close to 230 well stock meaning just cai sorry
i just looked at my old dyno #" 224.9 hp 192.5 tq and 246hp 209tq

i was a lil off haha

yea if u get a good custom tune you will be able to unlock those ponies
my 1st tune was know to keep up with a stage 2 balt (the GM stage 2) so i was happy with it

my current tune is great, u could go more aggressive but im not trying to as its my daily driver

more cooling mods and some porting parts could help run more timing in the tune and allow more air flow for more gains. but i like where its at

the stock catback is 2.25 so its restrictive
but all cobalts get different #s with same or similar mods haha
its all in the tune most cases
Old 06-25-2010 | 12:38 AM

i just looked at my old dyno #" 224.9 hp 192.5 tq and 246hp 209tq

i was a lil off haha

yea if u get a good custom tune you will be able to unlock those ponies
my 1st tune was know to keep up with a stage 2 balt (the GM stage 2) so i was happy with it

my current tune is great, u could go more aggressive but im not trying to as its my daily driver

more cooling mods and some porting parts could help run more timing in the tune and allow more air flow for more gains. but i like where its at

the stock catback is 2.25 so its restrictive
but all cobalts get different #s with same or similar mods haha
its all in the tune most cases
ya for sure thats why i ask everyone what they run and there numbers and who does your custom tune (im assuming yours is custom) and ya i want to let it breathe with a headerback b4 i stage 2 it or run the bigger injectors and smaller pulley and what h/e do you use but for sure mines a dialy driver for now, once the baby comes in november its getting parked and im getting a shitty 4 door and while its parked im gna try to do all this stuff but with a newborn im gna be broke but the balt will have the parts sooner or later
Old 06-25-2010 | 12:53 AM

ya for sure thats why i ask everyone what they run and there numbers and who does your custom tune (im assuming yours is custom) and ya i want to let it breathe with a headerback b4 i stage 2 it or run the bigger injectors and smaller pulley and what h/e do you use but for sure mines a dialy driver for now, once the baby comes in november its getting parked and im getting a shitty 4 door and while its parked im gna try to do all this stuff but with a newborn im gna be broke but the balt will have the parts sooner or later
my buddy is....was a local tuner haha i think he is done tuning

h/e heat exchanger or header exhaust ? haha ill answer both h/e is OTTP
and the header& down pipe is Vibrant 2.5in dp with cat and Vibrant 3in cat back
OTTP just recently released a long tube header its like 700 but no one has dynoed it to show the gains, but its hard to tell as diff mods will work better and vice verse

u have a few options for upping the stage, if u want real power haha piece together a custom stage kit. the gm stage 2 is good but u can get more for your buck with the ottp stage kit or zzp. or just go custom. u will get a canned tune which will either work or not as it will be needed to be dialed in and data-logged. if u have a local guy who tunes maybe that will help ya when the time comes

congrats on the new born too

u will have two babies cobalt and the new born haha
Old 06-25-2010 | 01:13 AM

my buddy is....was a local tuner haha i think he is done tuning

h/e heat exchanger or header exhaust ? haha ill answer both h/e is OTTP
and the header& down pipe is Vibrant 2.5in dp with cat and Vibrant 3in cat back
OTTP just recently released a long tube header its like 700 but no one has dynoed it to show the gains, but its hard to tell as diff mods will work better and vice verse

u have a few options for upping the stage, if u want real power haha piece together a custom stage kit. the gm stage 2 is good but u can get more for your buck with the ottp stage kit or zzp. or just go custom. u will get a canned tune which will either work or not as it will be needed to be dialed in and data-logged. if u have a local guy who tunes maybe that will help ya when the time comes

congrats on the new born too

u will have two babies cobalt and the new born haha
Ya my bad I just saw that ottp h/e after i posted, and im fairly familiar with zzp but not ottp, there parts look great, do you recomend ottp cause i think im gna go with there stage 2 and just peice an exhaust together, and ya my friend has a guy that will tune it for me, he wants me to do it now, he said with just intake i can jump to like 220 or so but i wanna wait for all my mods. When it comes to tunes i stay the hell away im not a great numbers person. Im thinking the 2.8 with the 60# and maybe zzp header and dp. What would removing the cat and adding a resonator do for me? just a thought, but id like to run a custom 2.5 from dp to tip. Anything else besides heat exchanger, im missing or could use to get more power advice is appreciated!!! When i have the money ill need more help with advice especially on a tune, from what i hear that makes all the diff. Ya something similar to what you are running id like 265 to 280 but a daily driver, unless i can park the balt and use it as a weekend car.

Thanks dude no one has put it that way having two babys, nice to see someone on here thats not a complete *******. Im only 20yo turn 21 in nov. 1st and the baby is due nov. 19 so i might be 20 or 21, id like it to be born on the same day as my bday but having a first born my god i am scarred shittless im just thankfull ive got a good job
Old 06-25-2010 | 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by spike
they are:
ASA JH8's 17x7.5 35mm offset

dunlop star specs 235\45\17
\WIN
similar setup as me, love it man.

I'm running 17x7 et29 with 235/40
Old 06-25-2010 | 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Hockeyman
similar setup as me, love it man.

I'm running 17x7 et29 with 235/40
Dude those are ******* sick too do they make em any wider that 7 tho?
Good taste.
Old 06-25-2010 | 03:37 AM

Dude those are ******* sick too do they make em any wider that 7 tho?
Good taste.
I believe so, but they do not make them in 5x110. I'm running adapters to make mine fit.
Old 06-25-2010 | 03:41 AM

I believe so, but they do not make them in 5x110. I'm running adapters to make mine fit.
SOB im not willing to do that although that is absolutely amazing it rivals spikes rims but not quite as good haha
what are the adapters and how much did you spend in wheels and tires?

Last edited by ramrod1337; 06-25-2010 at 06:56 AM.
Old 06-25-2010 | 11:50 AM

Ya my bad I just saw that ottp h/e after i posted, and im fairly familiar with zzp but not ottp, there parts look great, do you recomend ottp cause i think im gna go with there stage 2 and just peice an exhaust together, and ya my friend has a guy that will tune it for me, he wants me to do it now, he said with just intake i can jump to like 220 or so but i wanna wait for all my mods. When it comes to tunes i stay the hell away im not a great numbers person. Im thinking the 2.8 with the 60# and maybe zzp header and dp. What would removing the cat and adding a resonator do for me? just a thought, but id like to run a custom 2.5 from dp to tip. Anything else besides heat exchanger, im missing or could use to get more power advice is appreciated!!! When i have the money ill need more help with advice especially on a tune, from what i hear that makes all the diff. Ya something similar to what you are running id like 265 to 280 but a daily driver, unless i can park the balt and use it as a weekend car.

Thanks dude no one has put it that way having two babys, nice to see someone on here thats not a complete *******. Im only 20yo turn 21 in nov. 1st and the baby is due nov. 19 so i might be 20 or 21, id like it to be born on the same day as my bday but having a first born my god i am scarred shittless im just thankfull ive got a good job
I think the OTTP stage 2 is good as it is pretty much what i pieced together i think haha and any vendor can be great if the price and quality work for ya

umm cat less sounds like poop but adding the additional resonator could help the tone of the exhaust, the 2.5 is a good size, when i got my exhaust i was thinking im just gonna 3in as im not gonna buy 2 exhausts hahaha

people will 3in all the way cat less sound good or bad haha its a 2.0 liter so it can only do so much

for cooling mods there is running a dual pass and option b..... at the moment i cant think what they do haha

im 23 i just have my car and she's my baby, had her for a yr and a few months. im glad u are financially sounded for the new born coming
Old 06-25-2010 | 12:17 PM

Do they rub at all? Did you have to roll the fenders or anything to get those to fit? The are some nice wheels.
Old 06-25-2010 | 07:29 PM

I think the OTTP stage 2 is good as it is pretty much what i pieced together i think haha and any vendor can be great if the price and quality work for ya

umm cat less sounds like poop but adding the additional resonator could help the tone of the exhaust, the 2.5 is a good size, when i got my exhaust i was thinking im just gonna 3in as im not gonna buy 2 exhausts hahaha

people will 3in all the way cat less sound good or bad haha its a 2.0 liter so it can only do so much

for cooling mods there is running a dual pass and option b..... at the moment i cant think what they do haha

im 23 i just have my car and she's my baby, had her for a yr and a few months. im glad u are financially sounded for the new born coming
Ya i know right, but thats what i thought im getting a 3inch dp from zzp used, so theres a start on the exhaust but delete cat and run resonator to 2.5 back from dp, what i want with the 2.8 and the 60# and the dphe and a good tune but i have prioritys and responsibility so itll wait for the right time
Old 06-25-2010 | 08:09 PM

take it to PMs rather than ruin a sticky...
Old 06-25-2010 | 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by ford
take it to PMs rather than ruin a sticky...
You take it to pm's or just dont post.
Old 06-25-2010 | 11:04 PM

SOB im not willing to do that although that is absolutely amazing it rivals spikes rims but not quite as good haha
what are the adapters and how much did you spend in wheels and tires?
Check out motorsport tech for adapters, spent quite a bit but I love the look

Originally Posted by dandaman15
Do they rub at all? Did you have to roll the fenders or anything to get those to fit? The are some nice wheels.
Haven't done any fender work, I rarely rub...mainly on bumps while turning quickly.

Old 06-25-2010 | 11:11 PM

Oh damn love the wingless and the wheels i just dnt trust adapters!!!
Old 06-25-2010 | 11:28 PM

Oh damn love the wingless and the wheels i just dnt trust adapters!!!
They are actually very high quality, trust me, I am very picky when it comes to parts. Motorsport Tech is what many VDub guys have used for years with no probs.

From their site:
"We are NOT a one man shop - we manufacture more adapters than anyone in the industry. We are NOT a reseller - every adapter is manufactured in-house. And we do NOT manufacture or sell any product that is not made to absolute perfection, with the highest quality materials in existence. Our adapters are machined precisely with top-of-the-line, state-of-the-art, U.S. built, HAAS CNC machines, using only the best U.S. Alcoa 6061t6 billet aluminum. For these reasons, we provide a Lifetime Warranty, unlike our competitors."
Old 06-25-2010 | 11:31 PM

They are actually very high quality, trust me, I am very picky when it comes to parts. Motorsport Tech is what many VDub guys have used for years with no probs.

From their site:
"We are NOT a one man shop - we manufacture more adapters than anyone in the industry. We are NOT a reseller - every adapter is manufactured in-house. And we do NOT manufacture or sell any product that is not made to absolute perfection, with the highest quality materials in existence. Our adapters are machined precisely with top-of-the-line, state-of-the-art, U.S. built, HAAS CNC machines, using only the best U.S. Alcoa 6061t6 billet aluminum. For these reasons, we provide a Lifetime Warranty, unlike our competitors."
Understood I have several vw friends and believe me im picky too id love to throw some on my balt but i dnt have the money and am purchasing drilled and slotted rotors and then header back, and then maybe wheels and tires, I can deal with the stock wheels just want them black!!!
Lifetime warranty is what i like to hear!! So how much exactly wrapped up in wheels and tires, just curious for how much im gna need!!!
Old 06-25-2010 | 11:36 PM

What are you lowered on, nice stance for a balt.
Old 06-25-2010 | 11:37 PM

Understood I have several vw friends and believe me im picky too id love to throw some on my balt but i dnt have the money and am purchasing drilled and slotted rotors and then header back, and then maybe wheels and tires, I can deal with the stock wheels just want them black!!!
Lifetime warranty is what i like to hear!! So how much exactly wrapped up in wheels and tires, just curious for how much im gna need!!!
Can't remember exactly what I spent, also depends what tires and rims you go with. Adapters run about $250.
Old 06-25-2010 | 11:40 PM

Can't remember exactly what I spent, also depends what tires and rims you go with. Adapters run about $250.
Damn but that is the lifetime warranty haha i like 17x8 or 17x7.5 is good for a balt i think, dnt ge me wrong 18's are lovely but i like em smaller
Old 06-25-2010 | 11:45 PM

Damn but that is the lifetime warranty haha i like 17x8 or 17x7.5 is good for a balt i think, dnt ge me wrong 18's are lovely but i like em smaller
yeah same here, and I wanted to save weight. Mine weigh 18lbs.
Old 06-25-2010 | 11:51 PM

yeah same here, and I wanted to save weight. Mine weigh 18lbs.
Oh ya if you can save 5lbs a rim thats good, dnt know exactly what difference there is with balts and weight?
Old 06-26-2010 | 12:11 AM

I just posted my pics in a separate thread, but since I haven't seen a black SS/TC on here with these, I'll post them here too.

OZ Ultraleggera's with the stock 225/40 18 Conti's (for now)

Black 2010 SS/TC – GMS1, Hahn catted down pipe, Hahn catback exhaust | GM racing pedals | OZ Ultraleggera rims |DEPO 4th gen projectors w/ 6K HIDs; smoked LED tails | Pioneer z110bt head unit, Alpine PDX-5 amp, Focal speakers all around

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3835837

Last edited by colodude18; 06-26-2010 at 01:05 AM.

Quick Reply: Show off your aftermarket wheels.