ZZ Performance ZZ Performance is a proud Supporting Vendor

Possible GB on Header DP Combo? 2-16-08

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 12:23 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stangthang
So, the vendor doesn't even want anything to do with us potential customers?? I guess I will take my business elsewhere. I am sorry I missed the first group buy, but i did not notice it in time to get on the list. Anybody want to sell a used Vibrant set-up?? I guess I am in no hurry now....
the last group buy was a NIGHTMARE.

if i was a vendor, i would require deposits before your name gets put on the list that way you can't back out. if you're serious about buying, it shouldn't be an issue. same thing happens every time, 50 people say "yea, i'm definitely in" but then it comes time to pay, and 10 people have to wait for a paycheck that never comes, 10 people decide they don't want it anymore, 10 people just never respond, and the 15-20 that actually planned on buying get screwed when 30 people bail, which causes a higher price than they were expecting.

Last edited by D4u2s0t; 02-26-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crap! I always miss out on the good GBs... Ima have to watch this place better..
Old 02-26-2008, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by rico
I heard vibrant is a good choice to go with my plans are to get them once the time comes and $$ to go with my megan exhaust which i should get this week

I am a bit jealous of your "megan racing " exhaust....I have decided to get that one myself....eventually....great choice!!

Originally Posted by 116Fanatic
So was someone gonna talk to modern?

I went with the Vibrant exhaust that was just offered on sale... I guess the price was good....
and I was serious about buying a header/downpipe...did not know 100 percent if I had enough funds when that other ZZP groupbuy was ending.....I missed it anyways...but i am happy with my vibrant...it looks great...and stainless steel will hopefully last better here in Wisconsin where they salt the roads six months a year....that stuff eats exhaust systems....so the price is worth it in my opinion....hope any others here looking for another price break or group buy get something they want for a price they want....
Old 02-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So, the vendor doesn't even want anything to do with us potential customers?? I guess I will take my business elsewhere. I am sorry I missed the first group buy, but i did not notice it in time to get on the list. Anybody want to sell a used Vibrant set-up?? I guess I am in no hurry now....
The last group buy is here: https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/zz-performance-99/any-interest-group-buy-mid-length-header-downpipe-combos-83630/

It lasted for 2 months, the notion that you didn't notice it in time seems strange. The last GP post reached 82 pages and 1/2 of the confirmed buyers did not pay on execution of the GP. I have no intention of repeating this during our busy season. We'll have some specials starting in November but for now we're focusing on the turbo kit.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Zooomer
The last group buy is here: https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=83630

It lasted for 2 months, the notion that you didn't notice it in time seems strange. The last GP post reached 82 pages and 1/2 of the confirmed buyers did not pay on execution of the GP. I have no intention of repeating this during our busy season. We'll have some specials starting in November but for now we're focusing on the turbo kit.

i didnt even have a balt at that time so ijust missed out...
Old 02-26-2008, 08:39 PM

[QUOTE=stangthang;2004293]I am a bit jealous of your "megan racing " exhaust....I have decided to get that one myself....eventually....great choice!!

lol i see yea i should get it this week it better get here lol
Old 02-26-2008, 08:45 PM

Not a ZZP fan, known them for a long time as I have owned GPs...

I would buy elsewhere... And from this you can see why...
Old 02-26-2008, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Zooomer
The last group buy is here: https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=83630

ahhh... OK ... no hard feelings about this I thought...right?? Was only asking for a deal on the price....is that a crime?? I'm not the only one either...its all ok...I got a price break on the Vibrant set up which is what I REALLY wanted anyways because it is all stainless I think....better here for salted winter roads in Wisconsin...yah, I noticed the group buy about TWO days before it ended, right before my Birthday so I remember seeing it....was not real active on this website until then...was not 100 percent sure I wanted to buy the part , and had to decide with about two days before it ended....so, unlike others who apparently backed out, I waited and started saving funds....now I have my header....no crying on either side....thanks for offering your products here...maybe we can do business in the future for some other part???
Old 02-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ahhh... OK ... no hard feelings about this I thought...right?? Was only asking for a deal on the price....is that a crime?? I'm not the only one either...its all ok...I got a price break on the Vibrant set up which is what I REALLY wanted anyways because it is all stainless I think....better here for salted winter roads in Wisconsin...yah, I noticed the group buy about TWO days before it ended, right before my Birthday so I remember seeing it....was not real active on this website until then...was not 100 percent sure I wanted to buy the part , and had to decide with about two days before it ended....so, unlike others who apparently backed out, I waited and started saving funds....now I have my header....no crying on either side....thanks for offering your products here...maybe we can do business in the future for some other part???
I didn't mean to come across like I'm looking for a battle. I simply wanted to state that we have no plans for a group buy and let you guys know why. I also wanted to point out that we have many products in the pipe line we are focused on releasing for your market.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:05 PM

ZZPs have been known to break as well. Yeah it's a combo and it's cheaper, but you get what you pay for.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:25 PM

it's been well known for a while that zzp's bolts aren't exactly top notch, but people have never had any problems w/ welds or another part of the header/down pipe itself. they're one of the few who you can choose the thickness, coating and material of downpipe. along w/ cat or catless and an extra o2 bung. Yeah they've had some problems w/ their bolts but other wise put out a good product at a decent price. This header set up sounds awesome w/ a megan exhaust and i plan on having those 2 products on my cobalt
Old 02-29-2008, 04:17 PM

Location: Voted by the people, most likely to get pulled over by a cop
Originally Posted by an0malous
ZZP did an amazing job on the group buy.
you all had a chance to participate. it was plastered all over for months.

and once again the cobalt community has enough "wannabe" modders to **** it up.
As usual, people commit to buy, and then when its time to pay, the excuses start flying,
so ZZP, being the great company they are, even waited LONG after the closing date to get as many people in so we could all get the best discount. even doing things like, allowing us to pay the difference just in case we didnt get the full discount, so that we could have our headers shipped earlier, and then refunding us that difference once the full quota was met.

I dont want to here one childish whine in this thread knocking ZZP about group buys.
Well said. I'm still planning on buying their exhaust this weekend. Any comments of bashing them over this is ridiculous.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:50 PM

[QUOTE=stangthang;2004293]I am a bit jealous of your "megan racing " exhaust....I have decided to get that one myself....eventually....great choice!!

eh u will love it well i do sounds pretty nice and deep and loud when u step on it hehe
Old 03-01-2008, 12:00 AM

i just bought the full ceramic optioned out unit. and mounts, 1100 bux, down the ******* FTW!
Old 03-01-2008, 12:15 AM

lol dayum
Old 03-01-2008, 12:26 AM

i was reading the customer reviews and was a little concerned about the whistling thing that everyone was mentioning.. im still looking into gettin their downpipe tho
Old 03-02-2008, 09:45 PM

did anyone ever contact modern about a group buy on the vibrant header and downpipe. I think I like the idea of an all stainless steel unit vs just a stainless downpipe from zzp. Has anyone looked into what sees the best gains?
Old 03-03-2008, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by BeermanSSSC
did anyone ever contact modern about a group buy on the vibrant header and downpipe. I think I like the idea of an all stainless steel unit vs just a stainless downpipe from zzp. Has anyone looked into what sees the best gains?
Beer-man! Beer-man! Beer-man! Sounded like a good chant..maybe this thread should be under the discussion of headers, performance, and qualities?? I thought we were discussing different brands, possible group buys, and such, not just the ZZP header....ZZP asked that the group buy we were discussing be canceled...this thread was not started by ZZP, correct??....there was a better price offered on a few units of the Vibrant...from TTR...(Turbo tech)...you could ask them I guess...I agree about all stainless....what is the difference between shorty header...mid-length like ZZP, and what Vibrant calls the long-tube?? Not sure if it really is longer... my understanding is the longer tube will give more low end torque, shorty headers give more top end...right??